Options

Ten Club Ticket Reserved Seat Reassignment Update

Comments

• Options
    incognitonyincognitony KY Posts: 139
    I sat about three rows from the ceiling in Trashville last year and I assure you that the sound travels there fine. 
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,750
    I am getting the sense many of you have not tried to get tickets to any show of consequence other than PJ in a while. This is kind of just how shit works these days. 
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    DarrenT716DarrenT716 Posts: 19
    well my seats did get better for night 1 in chin306 to 334 oll take it nosebleeds but all good got 2nd show in st paul then both shows in chi town yesssss
  • Options
    mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 129
    edited May 2023
    I think Indy was a cluster.  They messed up with the first draw and distributed seats excluding those that lost the “ga/res” draw then couldn’t take tix away from those that were assigned incorrectly with the initial flawed system.  Leaving some of those 1st priority members high and dry
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 275
    mcatake said:
    I think we were mislead regarding ten club seats. The "We are committed to getting more inventory into the hands of Ten Club members and the only way to add more tickets is to go higher up" is bullshit cya statement that doesn't explain why seniority seating for most (not all) was way worse than historically done.  These are easily the worst seats I've ever received. Before GA I used to get row 10-15 main floor.  Post GA I'd get first two sections on side of stage.  Always awesome seats. For Austin I have 108 and FL9 with a 197xxx number. 30+ ten club shows and I've never been anywhere near this far back.  FL9?? c'mon!  Save the more demand comments because that doesn't apply to seniority seating unless a couple thousand people with a number lower than me decided to go to Austin than the past 30 shows I've attended.  

Other question I have is why were much better seats available on verified fan at face value?  My buddy picked up 104 row 2 for Ft. Worth for same price as ten club.  How were these not allocated to fan club member??  How many more great seats like these did they sell at face to non fan club?

IMO, top things affecting seating quality:
    1. PJ premium more than 10% and only the best seats
    2. Ability to resell seats on F2F creates a lot of false demand
    3. GA/Reserved option should be GA only. Again, more false demand. combined with F2F, guessing a lot of GA or bust type people put in for this option knowing they could sell them if they didn't get GA.
    4. Show priority didn't seem to play a role in lottery (nobody should get tickets with a lower show priority than someone with higher priority for same seat choice and show.  A lot of data to support it didn't work like this.  

To fix:
    1. Be more transparent.  Before sale starts, show a seat map color coding ten club seats and pj premium seats so at least we understand actual allocation. If I see 90% of the seats in the first 3 sections side of stage are PJ premium, I have a pretty good understanding I will not be in those sections. 
    2. Go back to a Reserve Only option. 
    2. Each seat type and show date combination are a priority selection.  Fill all priority requests before moving to next priority. Once you reach a priority number where requests exceed remaining allotment, those seats are done via lottery.  Anyone with lower priority doesn't get seats.
    3. Get rid of F2F.  Can't make the show, eat the tickets.  Sorry, but that's a right you give up to purchase the best seats at face value.  

But I really think the culprit of most problems was the introduction of PJ Premium. The fan club members really got screwed by this.  I'd rather take my chance of not getting seats (less ten club allocation) but knowing they will be the best seats rather than a better chance/guarantee to get seats but knowing there's no chance they'll be anywhere near best seats.  Either direction, they will sell out every arena but they know charging premium for best seats is how they make more money....at the expense of fan club members. Green disease is alive and well at camp PJ.  

Sorry for long post/rant but never been so disappointed in how this band handled the tickets.  

I agree with the fact verified fan had, in some cases, better seats that fan club is BS and with the transparency and going back to only a reserve option (those going for limited GA should have to deal with that risk).

But I don't think we were misled. Original email clearly states "be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread farther back into the uppermost levels." That's pretty clear that upper decks are in play. 

PJ Premium and the band only playing 9 stadium shows in 4 different cities are the main culprits for demand being so high. Plus, more fair weather people are going to concerts than pre-pandemic. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 626
    mcatake said:
    I think we were mislead regarding ten club seats. The "We are committed to getting more inventory into the hands of Ten Club members and the only way to add more tickets is to go higher up" is bullshit cya statement that doesn't explain why seniority seating for most (not all) was way worse than historically done.  These are easily the worst seats I've ever received. Before GA I used to get row 10-15 main floor.  Post GA I'd get first two sections on side of stage.  Always awesome seats. For Austin I have 108 and FL9 with a 197xxx number. 30+ ten club shows and I've never been anywhere near this far back.  FL9?? c'mon!  Save the more demand comments because that doesn't apply to seniority seating unless a couple thousand people with a number lower than me decided to go to Austin than the past 30 shows I've attended.  

Other question I have is why were much better seats available on verified fan at face value?  My buddy picked up 104 row 2 for Ft. Worth for same price as ten club.  How were these not allocated to fan club member??  How many more great seats like these did they sell at face to non fan club?

IMO, top things affecting seating quality:
    1. PJ premium more than 10% and only the best seats
    2. Ability to resell seats on F2F creates a lot of false demand
    3. GA/Reserved option should be GA only. Again, more false demand. combined with F2F, guessing a lot of GA or bust type people put in for this option knowing they could sell them if they didn't get GA.
    4. Show priority didn't seem to play a role in lottery (nobody should get tickets with a lower show priority than someone with higher priority for same seat choice and show.  A lot of data to support it didn't work like this.  

To fix:
    1. Be more transparent.  Before sale starts, show a seat map color coding ten club seats and pj premium seats so at least we understand actual allocation. If I see 90% of the seats in the first 3 sections side of stage are PJ premium, I have a pretty good understanding I will not be in those sections. 
    2. Go back to a Reserve Only option. 
    2. Each seat type and show date combination are a priority selection.  Fill all priority requests before moving to next priority. Once you reach a priority number where requests exceed remaining allotment, those seats are done via lottery.  Anyone with lower priority doesn't get seats.
    3. Get rid of F2F.  Can't make the show, eat the tickets.  Sorry, but that's a right you give up to purchase the best seats at face value.  

But I really think the culprit of most problems was the introduction of PJ Premium. The fan club members really got screwed by this.  I'd rather take my chance of not getting seats (less ten club allocation) but knowing they will be the best seats rather than a better chance/guarantee to get seats but knowing there's no chance they'll be anywhere near best seats.  Either direction, they will sell out every arena but they know charging premium for best seats is how they make more money....at the expense of fan club members. Green disease is alive and well at camp PJ.  

Sorry for long post/rant but never been so disappointed in how this band handled the tickets.  

Some of your points I agree with, but some not.
    "2. Go back to a Reserve Only option."
    There WAS a Reserve Only option. IIRC, that option has always been included, since this type lottery has been around.

I have never sold any tickets on F2F, but I did buy a pair there, and was thrilled to get them (unfortunately that show got cancelled).
    Why let those xlnt seats go to waste?

I do totally agree that more transparency is definitely needed.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    What a goat fuck.

Tried claiming my seats using 3 different browsers from my iPhone...

TapException with errorCode '20000' with
    backend error code 0x0b10005

or a blank screen with the TicketBastard logo on top left and Verified Tickets logo on top right

Seriously, what a load of shit.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 626
    What a goat fuck.

Tried claiming my seats using 3 different browsers from my iPhone...

TapException with errorCode '20000' with
    backend error code 0x0b10005

or a blank screen with the TicketBastard logo on top left and Verified Tickets logo on top right

Seriously, what a load of shit.
    I struggled all day Friday, couldn't claim tix on my phone. On Saturday I was able to get on a different device (computer), and it worked right away. Try something other than your phone. It shouldn't be necessary, but whatever works, right?
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    So glad that my amazing Chicago sidestage mid-level seats have been relocated to the upper upper deck at the farthest possible corner from the stage.

Also St. Paul I got shifted further from the stage by 2 sections, which doesn't sound so bad until you realize that the seats I originally had are now part of a group of seats all being sold for PJ Premium $800 - 6x face value. Green Disease much?

Fully realizing without the 10c, getting tickets at all would be a carnival attraction - but being assigned seats and then re-assigned, and then finding out they're just getting greedy are all things that could definitely stand to be missing from the equation here.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    BV84003 said:
    So glad that my amazing Chicago sidestage mid-level seats have been relocated to the upper upper deck at the farthest possible corner from the stage.

Also St. Paul I got shifted further from the stage by 2 sections, which doesn't sound so bad until you realize that the seats I originally had are now part of a group of seats all being sold for PJ Premium $800 - 6x face value. Green Disease much?

Fully realizing without the 10c, getting tickets at all would be a carnival attraction - but being assigned seats and then re-assigned, and then finding out they're just getting greedy are all things that could definitely stand to be missing from the equation here.
    Screenshot your original ticket location that is now Premium. This I have to see.
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,187
    My suggestion for a change to the process:  Assign 10C seats and THEN allow us to decide to buy them or not

If it was so easy to sell out all these shows, allow 10C members to pass on bad seats they don't want, and then let the general public purchase them knowing beforehand exactly where their seats will be before forking out $320/pair
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    BV84003 said:

Screenshot your original ticket location that is now Premium. This I have to see.
    At the risk of embellishing, the seats were actually further down the row in 17-18, and it's $730. I think my point still stands that seats in the general vicinity that were $130 are now being sold for hundreds of dollars more.

2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748
    BV84003 said:
    PJNB said:
    BV84003 said:

At the risk of embellishing, the seats were actually further down the row in 17-18, and it's $730. I think my point still stands that seats in the general vicinity that were $130 are now being sold for hundreds of dollars more.

I get the frustration but they fucked up seniority pretty bad. Your seats were not your seats and they were someone else’s with a lower number.  

They had two options. Make it right and give out seats properly while keeping seniority in mind. This is going to piss people off like you that had good seats but really should not have. 

The other option is to leave it as is and piss off a bunch of long-standing members by giving them your seats. 

Really no win scenario for them and I am stating the obvious but they really should of not fucked it up at the start and we would be just complaining about how bad seats are for the newer members. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    I am getting the sense many of you have not tried to get tickets to any show of consequence other than PJ in a while. This is kind of just how shit works these days. 
    exactly....it's bullshit but it's that way for pretty much every show
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    dmbolp said:
    My suggestion for a change to the process:  Assign 10C seats and THEN allow us to decide to buy them or not

If it was so easy to sell out all these shows, allow 10C members to pass on bad seats they don't want, and then let the general public purchase them knowing beforehand exactly where their seats will be before forking out $320/pair
    I used to buy IU basketball season tickets and their system gave you a three minute window to choose your tickets. You were told your selection time and then when your time came you log in and it shows all of the available tickets.

Not sure how that can happen on a larger level but it was kind of nice.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    As always, there are some complaints that are over the top. So too with some of the defenses. 

Paying membership dues for years, being charged twice for tickets, receiving three different seat assignments, all before finally being stuck in some of the worst seats in the house...this is not how shit just works these days. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    dmbolp said:

I used to buy IU basketball season tickets and their system gave you a three minute window to choose your tickets. You were told your selection time and then when your time came you log in and it shows all of the available tickets.

Venues and dates were determined weeks/months ago.  Build in more time for the process; give 10C members a couple days to accept/reject their tickets.  With the typical TM process, effectively "hold them in your cart" for a couple days instead of a couple minutes when normally selecting/purchasing tickets.  If you do nothing the tickets leave your cart and back into the regular allotment that Fan-Verify or whoever can buy.  Stop trying to time the fan club sales a day, or just hours, before the general on sale.  Build in some time cushion to handle all the mistake 10C and TM made.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,494
    PJNB said:
    BV84003 said:
    PJNB said:
    BV84003 said:

I get the frustration but they fucked up seniority pretty bad. Your seats were not your seats and they were someone else’s with a lower number.  

They had two options. Make it right and give out seats properly while keeping seniority in mind. This is going to piss people off like you that had good seats but really should not have. 

The other option is to leave it as is and piss off a bunch of long-standing members by giving them your seats. 

Really no win scenario for them and I am stating the obvious but they really should of not fucked it up at the start and we would be just complaining about how bad seats are for the newer members. 
    This is pretty much it. I have a high number and would have been thrilled to see the initial assignments that some other high numbers received, but I would have immediately thought something wasn't correct. It sucks that people got excited about the initial assignment, but making it right was the correct thing to do. If they hadn't been in a rush to show assignments and had took the time to verify everything was correct before sending them out, this could have all been avoided. 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,189
    If 10c abandoned seniority, it would just become a registry for scalpers, who could sign up tomorrow and have as equal access to the best seats as a lifelong real fan has. That defeats the whole purpose and intent of the 10c, regarding tickets.

Its reported that there already are many scalpers taking advantage of the club perks, but at least there is less incentive if it takes awhile to get better seats.

10c has tried to reward newer members with having seniority not effect GA chances, and lottery rows 1-2, 9-10, when there is no GA section.

Unfortunately, the "best seats in the house" seem to be getting more elusive for all of us. Regardless, I'll still take my chances here first.
    This, this, this, this!!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    UHIMTUHIMT Posts: 10
    300 level?  After nearly 30 years of 10c membership... our beloved fan-first band is dead.  Utterly devastated.  Looks like my 43rd show this past September in Denver was my last.
  • Options
    UHIMT said:
    300 level?  After nearly 30 years of 10c membership... our beloved fan-first band is dead.  Utterly devastated.  Looks like my 43rd show this past September in Denver was my last.
    lol...come down off the roof man

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    dmbolp said:

I like the idea of letting us pick out of the available seats, but I don't know if letting us pass on the tickets will work. People would just pick all the shows and make the lottery irrelevant. It would be purely ticketing by seniority and new members would only get tickets if everyone else passes on them. Letting us pick though, that would be nice for people who prefer a certain side or an aisle or would rather not be on the floor, etc. If you aren't online to pick your seats, you get assigned the best available seats at the end of your window.

• Options
    mattcoz said:
    dmbolp said:

I like the idea of letting us pick out of the available seats, but I don't know if letting us pass on the tickets will work. People would just pick all the shows and make the lottery irrelevant. It would be purely ticketing by seniority and new members would only get tickets if everyone else passes on them. Letting us pick though, that would be nice for people who prefer a certain side or an aisle or would rather not be on the floor, etc. If you aren't online to pick your seats, you get assigned the best available seats at the end of your window.

They could just go back to only letting people pick 1 show lol
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    JimmyV said:
    As always, there are some complaints that are over the top. So too with some of the defenses. 

Paying membership dues for years, being charged twice for tickets, receiving three different seat assignments, all before finally being stuck in some of the worst seats in the house...this is not how shit just works these days. 
    The issue I don’t understand, and perhaps you can explain this to me, is why people are freaking out after they were correctly allocated based on seniority. We received 2 incorrect seat assignments before the proper tickets arrived so how could someone who clearly received the wrong tickets based on seniority be upset once proper tickets based on seniority arrived? An inconvenience? Sure. An injustice? I don’t think so.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Maybe ther could be an option, in the show selections, that you don't want any Sections located near the roof?
  • Options
    weave5dogweave5dog Posts: 5
    Fan to fan is now open!!!!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,887
    100 Pacer said:
    JimmyV said:

The issue I don’t understand, and perhaps you can explain this to me, is why people are freaking out after they were correctly allocated based on seniority. We received 2 incorrect seat assignments before the proper tickets arrived so how could someone who clearly received the wrong tickets based on seniority be upset once proper tickets based on seniority arrived? An inconvenience? Sure. An injustice? I don’t think so.
    I can't speak for anyone else. Getting the proper seats based on seniority isn't my issue, nor is not getting the original seats. My issue is that middle of the road seniority now gets me seats in sections 333 and 334 of the United Center. I would never buy those seats on my own. The roughly half of the club with less seniority than me gets even worse seats than that. I fully understand people being disappointed to learn that. 

And it doesn't matter that the announcement made clear there would be 10c seats in the 300s. No one had any reason to expect how many seats that would be, and how many club members would end up there. 

It isn't an injustice. It is a disappointment, and it is a lesson learned. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Sold an Austin Upper pair in 4 minutes
    Post edited by dmbolp on
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Both pairs sold.  Let the general public happily buy up these Uppers, don't stick them on Fan Club members that don't want them.

Post edited by dmbolp on
  • Options
    ...And unwanted back Floors.  Austin N1 Floor 8 Row 3 available