Options

Ten Club Ticket Reserved Seat Reassignment Update

Comments

• Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    edited May 2023
    Member number 313xxx (thought it was 317xxx!) joined September 03.  
    Chicago N1 
    1st Assignment Block 107 Row 4 
    2nd Assignment Block 210 Row 7 
    3rd Assignment Block 216 Row 4 
    Chicago Night 2 
    1st Assignment Block 107 Row 5 
    2nd Assignment Block 316 Row 2
    3rd Assignment Block 211 Row 7. 

Definitely got better seats in the third round from the second round !  
    Post edited by Peasant Tents on
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,217
    Sarava said:
    KV4053 said:
    JJ40626 said:
     Been a Ten Club member since 1998 and my seats are at the back of the stadium in St Paul. Friends who aren’t Ten Club members are in row 23 center stage. Something isn’t right here, folks. Ten Club members did didn’t have the priority seating as advertised?
    Was that show your priority 1 show?
    Unfortunately they arent taking priority in to account with reserved seating. Hopefully they do in future tours, if they're going to include the worst seats in the house again.
    This is an interesting idea.  Historically priority does not affect seating location, only seniority does.  But there might be a way to design it to account for both.  Like, all the priority 1 reserved winners for a show get the best tickets to that show, with the more senior priority 1’ers getting the best of that batch.  Then the next best batch goes to all the priority 2’ers.  And so on.  Vs. now all the winners from all priorities are grouped together and then seniority allocation is done.  

This is not a complaint.  It has always been clear how it is done.  But it’s an idea for next time.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    Who would have guessed that so many people would be upset that the band and their club worked to make sure almost all tickets were given to their biggest and most loyal fans? Unreal. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    afalgioneafalgione Posts: 1
    Sea said:
    Ten Club Ticket Reserved Seat Reassignment Update
    News May 3 2023

Ten Club is sharing an update to all Ten Club reserved seat ticket holders. 

On Friday May 5th, Ticketmaster will complete the adjustments needed for the seniority-based seating process and send out an email soon after with your correct seat assignment. Ticketmaster will not need to transact on your card to finalize this process. 

We appreciate your patience and look forward to seeing a record breaking number of members at these shows. 

Ten Club

I’m flying in from Zürich to see this show and seeing my seat assignment seriously makes me want to cancel my flights and scrap the tickets. Paying all this money to sit at the top of an arena stadium only a few rows away from the ceiling feels like a kick in the nuts. Seriously disappointed. I would’ve just taken my chances with regular sale or buy on the secondary market. 

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Chicago N1 
    Chicago Night 2 

216 row 4 is a nice pull with that number, might even be a little better than what I got with 194xxx.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    VOLARE said:
    My emails all went through to the “claim your tickets”. Now we wait for another email pre show to get the ticket into our smart phone for entry? Is that how it works now? Don’t recall tickets like that before. Used to getting ticket email and moving them over to my digital wallet for storage until show date. If anyone is certain let me know. Email said another email closer to show. Seemed odd.  Thanks all!

no. at some point your tm account will have them accessible. no other email ....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,800
    lets try this next time.

lottery only. shit changes in our membership. thats one that can.

I dont give a shit how long you've been a member. its not a contest. there are fans who werent even born yet when 10c started. they pay the same membership dues.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    funkmanfunkman Posts: 10
    And maybe without the longtime members there wouldn't be  a fan club and you could just enjoy the fantastic Ticketbastard customer service. 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 632
    If 10c abandoned seniority, it would just become a registry for scalpers, who could sign up tomorrow and have as equal access to the best seats as a lifelong real fan has. That defeats the whole purpose and intent of the 10c, regarding tickets.

Its reported that there already are many scalpers taking advantage of the club perks, but at least there is less incentive if it takes awhile to get better seats.

10c has tried to reward newer members with having seniority not effect GA chances, and lottery rows 1-2, 9-10, when there is no GA section.

Unfortunately, the "best seats in the house" seem to be getting more elusive for all of us. Regardless, I'll still take my chances here first.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    ComeToTX said:
    Who would have guessed that so many people would be upset that the band and their club worked to make sure almost all tickets were given to their biggest and most loyal fans? Unreal. 
    I think people were upset by the suggestion seniority equals fandom when all it represented is being rewarded with better seat locations.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 438
    Discopij said:
    404xxx reassigned for chicago shows to 211 and 317 … about what I expected.  PJ premium took all the best seats 10c used to get … oh well.  The only solution going forward would be if they played more shows … but I’m not holding my breath for a big tour.
    PJ Premium took SOME good seats. It would be great if people stopped making blanket assumptions like ALL. Thats simply not true. 
    Ok let’s compromise on “most” of the best seats because that’s what all the reports back are suggesting.
  • Options
    incredebellincredebell Posts: 19
    For Indy, I moved from section F, row Y to section D, row W.

So a couple rows closer but now off to the side instead of center stage. I didn't go backwards, so I'm happy. 

Did they reassign you to the far left side in Section D (seat numbers in the 30s, 40s, 50s)? Or are you close to Section F (Seats 10s & 20s)? Just curious...
    I'm seat 16, so closer to E it looks like. So not totally off to the side I guess.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Everyone going to Ft. Worth should definitely look at some pics of how small that place is. Only a 14000 seater 
    Post edited by greenwoodlogan102498 on
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    ComeToTX said:
    I think some of the complaints are that they are spending $162 for seats that they would never have even bothered with had they known that is what they were getting.  162 for me personally is too much for any band, even my favorite one.  But the people that are paying more money for seats that are worse than they have ever gotten have a legitimate gripe in my opinion.  Guaranteeing nosebleeds to the fans but taking what appears to be a large portion of what were formerly ten club tickets and putting them on the premium block, kinda seems like taking advantage of club members to make sure the worst seats were bought at $162.  
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    So it seems like they increased the number of 10C tickets and moved them back in exchange for letting the closer seats sell as premium.  Does that sound accurate?
    My seats are ok, however I’m 177xxx.  Just seems like 10C tix are, in general, a lot further back and higher up than in the past.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    static111 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    I think some of the complaints are that they are spending $162 for seats that they would never have even bothered with had they known that is what they were getting.  162 for me personally is too much for any band, even my favorite one.  But the people that are paying more money for seats that are worse than they have ever gotten have a legitimate gripe in my opinion.  Guaranteeing nosebleeds to the fans but taking what appears to be a large portion of what were formerly ten club tickets and putting them on the premium block, kinda seems like taking advantage of club members to make sure the worst seats were bought at $162.  
    Interesting perspective I can’t disagree with.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    Dealing with TM directly with this VF bullshit has become impossible.. so I'll take the 10C route
  • Options
    What premium seats were in the verified fan sale? I vividly remember in 2020 getting waitlisted, being late to use my code and still got lower bowl seats behind the stage. I picked between those and lower bowl further from the stage. 
  • Options
    Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 835
    mattcoz said:
    Chicago N1 
    Chicago Night 2 

216 row 4 is a nice pull with that number, might even be a little better than what I got with 194xxx.

Cool - thanks for saying ! I’m happy with being in the 200’s.  Especially actually getting in.  Coming from the UK with wife and two of our daughters! 
  • Options
    chadkchadk Chicago Posts: 5
    edited May 2023
    I have tickets for Chicago night two that are behind the stage, thirteen rows up. Has anyone sat behind the stage and know what to expect? Thanks for the help!
    Post edited by chadk on
    Chadd
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,678
    chadk said:
    I have tickets for Chicago night two that are behind the stage, thirteen rows up. Has anyone sat behind the stage and know what to expect? Thanks for the help!
    You are going to be staring at the bands back. 
  • Options
    BW29489BW29489 Posts: 2
    Kevinman said:
    static111 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Interesting perspective I can’t disagree with.
    You have a point here.

To be honest I have been in the ten club for 25 years because historically you could just about count on great concert tickets.

That’s not true anymore.  And, maybe that’s just “life in the big city.”  No regrets, my friends and I had a great run for two and a half decades.

It’s math. 😀

A normal tour is 30 or so shows?

This one is 9.

Same fan base.

Chicago is a big city with a big busy airport that is easy to get to from anywhere.

Supply and demand are undefeated.

I would like to see 10c offer a coordinated opportunity to donate unwanted fan club tickets to charitable organizations like Vettix.org.
  • Options
    mcatakemcatake Posts: 102
    I think we were mislead regarding ten club seats. The "We are committed to getting more inventory into the hands of Ten Club members and the only way to add more tickets is to go higher up" is bullshit cya statement that doesn't explain why seniority seating for most (not all) was way worse than historically done.  These are easily the worst seats I've ever received. Before GA I used to get row 10-15 main floor.  Post GA I'd get first two sections on side of stage.  Always awesome seats. For Austin I have 108 and FL9 with a 197xxx number. 30+ ten club shows and I've never been anywhere near this far back.  FL9?? c'mon!  Save the more demand comments because that doesn't apply to seniority seating unless a couple thousand people with a number lower than me decided to go to Austin than the past 30 shows I've attended.  

Other question I have is why were much better seats available on verified fan at face value?  My buddy picked up 104 row 2 for Ft. Worth for same price as ten club.  How were these not allocated to fan club member??  How many more great seats like these did they sell at face to non fan club?

IMO, top things affecting seating quality:
    1. PJ premium more than 10% and only the best seats
    2. Ability to resell seats on F2F creates a lot of false demand
    3. GA/Reserved option should be GA only. Again, more false demand. combined with F2F, guessing a lot of GA or bust type people put in for this option knowing they could sell them if they didn't get GA.
    4. Show priority didn't seem to play a role in lottery (nobody should get tickets with a lower show priority than someone with higher priority for same seat choice and show.  A lot of data to support it didn't work like this.  

To fix:
    1. Be more transparent.  Before sale starts, show a seat map color coding ten club seats and pj premium seats so at least we understand actual allocation. If I see 90% of the seats in the first 3 sections side of stage are PJ premium, I have a pretty good understanding I will not be in those sections. 
    2. Go back to a Reserve Only option. 
    2. Each seat type and show date combination are a priority selection.  Fill all priority requests before moving to next priority. Once you reach a priority number where requests exceed remaining allotment, those seats are done via lottery.  Anyone with lower priority doesn't get seats.
    3. Get rid of F2F.  Can't make the show, eat the tickets.  Sorry, but that's a right you give up to purchase the best seats at face value.  

But I really think the culprit of most problems was the introduction of PJ Premium. The fan club members really got screwed by this.  I'd rather take my chance of not getting seats (less ten club allocation) but knowing they will be the best seats rather than a better chance/guarantee to get seats but knowing there's no chance they'll be anywhere near best seats.  Either direction, they will sell out every arena but they know charging premium for best seats is how they make more money....at the expense of fan club members. Green disease is alive and well at camp PJ.  

Sorry for long post/rant but never been so disappointed in how this band handled the tickets.  

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    mcatake said:
    I think we were mislead regarding ten club seats. The "We are committed to getting more inventory into the hands of Ten Club members and the only way to add more tickets is to go higher up" is bullshit cya statement that doesn't explain why seniority seating for most (not all) was way worse than historically done.  These are easily the worst seats I've ever received. Before GA I used to get row 10-15 main floor.  Post GA I'd get first two sections on side of stage.  Always awesome seats. For Austin I have 108 and FL9 with a 197xxx number. 30+ ten club shows and I've never been anywhere near this far back.  FL9?? c'mon!  Save the more demand comments because that doesn't apply to seniority seating unless a couple thousand people with a number lower than me decided to go to Austin than the past 30 shows I've attended.  

Other question I have is why were much better seats available on verified fan at face value?  My buddy picked up 104 row 2 for Ft. Worth for same price as ten club.  How were these not allocated to fan club member??  How many more great seats like these did they sell at face to non fan club?

3. GA/Reserved option should be GA only. Again, more false demand. combined with F2F, guessing a lot of GA or bust type people put in for this option knowing they could sell them if they didn't get GA.
    4. Show priority didn't seem to play a role in lottery (nobody should get tickets with a lower show priority than someone with higher priority for same seat choice and show.  A lot of data to support it didn't work like this.  

To fix:
    1. Be more transparent.  Before sale starts, show a seat map color coding ten club seats and pj premium seats so at least we understand actual allocation. If I see 90% of the seats in the first 3 sections side of stage are PJ premium, I have a pretty good understanding I will not be in those sections. 
    2. Each seat type and show date combination are a priority selection.  Fill all priority requests before moving to next priority. Once you reach a priority number where requests exceed remaining allotment, those seats are done via lottery.  Anyone with lower priority doesn't get seats.
    3. Get rid of F2F.  Can't make the show, eat the tickets.  Sorry, but that's a right you give up to purchase the best seats at face value.  

But I really think the culprit of most problems was the introduction of PJ Premium. The fan club members really got screwed by this.  I'd rather take my chance of not getting seats (less ten club allocation) but knowing they will be the best seats rather than a better chance/guarantee to get seats but knowing there's no chance they'll be anywhere near best seats.  Either direction, they will sell out every arena but they know charging premium for best seats is how they make more money....at the expense of fan club members. Green disease is alive and well at camp PJ.  

Sorry for long post/rant but never been so disappointed in how this band handled the tickets.  

Great post and spot on. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    Agreed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    MathiusMathius Posts: 42
    I honestly think we should go back to only one single allowable show selection per tour like in the old days. I empathize with folks who like to travel with the band, but it really screwed over local club members like myself who only hit one show per tour.
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/17/1998
    Deer Creek, Noblesville, IN 08/18/2000
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 06/22/2003
    Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, IN 05/07/2010
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    PJNB said:
    mcatake said:

To fix:

Great post and spot on. 
    Agreed.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 129
    Not easy agreeing with Sparty but have to here.  Pj premium is still the main problem in this equation for 10c members.  
  • Options
    Mathius said:
    I honestly think we should go back to only one single allowable show selection per tour like in the old days. I empathize with folks who like to travel with the band, but it really screwed over local club members like myself who only hit one show per tour.
    I would like this too.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    mcatake said:

To fix:

More tickets does mean worse seating, that was definitely a factor. Not the only factor, but a factor.