Ten Club Seat (Temporary?) Location (Austin)

Comments

• tdawetdawe Posts: 2,088
    I was going to put this in the main lottery results thread but emotions are understandably running a bit higher over there:

Take this with a grain of salt since I’ve got a pretty crappy number, but it might be time for them to scrap the assignment by seniority and just go full lottery. It seems like now that they’re acquiring the majority of the venue (instead of just some of the best seats) for the club, they’re having difficulties scaling up the assignment task to the point where it’s having cataclysmic impacts on some shows. 

I’ve always thought it was cool that the club found this way to reward long-time members, and I think it’s crazy that this is actually a problem given some of the other things that AI/machine learning seems able to accomplish in the year of our lord 2023, and of course Ticketmaster sucks…but if the trade-off is we get the majority of the venue for the fan club but seating assignments are done randomly, to me that seems like an easy trade. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,085
    lisalamb said:
    718xxx

Night 1: 219, Row N

Night 2: 211, Row E

Austin 1: 215 Row D 
    Austin 2: 212 Row D 
    10C 690XXX
    I was going to say, that maybe the computer assumes that a better row supercedes the closer section? But that isn't even consistent with these three posts (mine being the one below)

N1 Sec 209, Row K (Priority 1)
    N2 Sec 217, Row D (Priority 2)

Member 531XXX

• mcatakemcatake Posts: 104
    canuck79 said:
    Attaway77 said:
    It's like that for most places.. Normally I would want better seats, but, Moody and Dickies aren't that big of a place. Seats will be good to awesome wherever you are in my opinion. Just how it shaked out this time around. Check out some images of those places, making it in the building before the public sale is a winner IMO.
    This.  All day long.  I've never been to the venue (upcoming shows will be first time) but I'm happy to have tickets and be in the building.  For those curious - N1 Sec 115, N2 Sec 111.  10C number 420XXX.
    Look at everyone's seat location.  I've only seen two people with seats in 106-108 and none in 120-118.  99% of the Austin comments have seats in 110-116, rear floor sections or in upper levels.  All in rear end of arena.  Either they completely f'd up seniority seating or they lied about only 10% of the tickets going premium. There is just no way more ten club members aren't in better seats without an f up.  don't be happy to just be in the building when they don't deliver on the process they created. everyone with Austin tickets should be pissed.  
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 829
    tdawe said:
    I was going to put this in the main lottery results thread but emotions are understandably running a bit higher over there:

Take this with a grain of salt since I’ve got a pretty crappy number, but it might be time for them to scrap the assignment by seniority and just go full lottery. It seems like now that they’re acquiring the majority of the venue (instead of just some of the best seats) for the club, they’re having difficulties scaling up the assignment task to the point where it’s having cataclysmic impacts on some shows. 

I’ve always thought it was cool that the club found this way to reward long-time members, and I think it’s crazy that this is actually a problem given some of the other things that AI/machine learning seems able to accomplish in the year of our lord 2023, and of course Ticketmaster sucks…but if the trade-off is we get the majority of the venue for the fan club but seating assignments are done randomly, to me that seems like an easy trade. 
    I got 4 lower bowl pairs off F2F for the last tour. Giving out a bunch of 200-level tickets to people who know how to use the Internet means the tickets they are giving out in the lottery are just going to get cycled back through F2F. Nobody makes money on that because they resell them at the exact same price. It is a waste of everyone's time and I have the tiny, tiny worry that nobody will buy these terrible seats they assigned me in Austin off F2F.

I always put in for GA as my first choices because that is what I want. If I don't get them (I got them once in LA), then I accept it is a lottery and move on. I have a pair of tickets for Austin night 2 that are close to the worst seats in the arena because they now force me to put GA/reserved.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,664
    pjalli said:
    number 58,xxx and only got my second priority, austin 2. seats are section 212 row A. I am pretty upset and frustrated, not only with the clearly not seniority based seats, but also the fact that I got nothing for night 1. I live in NYC (shut out from msg last year), and I'm not flying to texas for one night. After 29 years, I'm pretty disillusioned with all of this...
    Something is definitely off.
    I'm 72xxx and I got exactly the seats I was expecting for Austin.
    Which makes it so weird that you got such bad seats.
    Sad to see so many people not getting better priority for their seats.
    Hopefully this will be fixed today.
  • It's almost like they do for Phish.  No guarantee you'll get tickets at all, but if you do they're completely random seats.  No one pays anything extra for the opportunity either.  Maybe there's less demand though- they tour ALL year long, about 3x the quantity of dates PJ does in a year.  It's hard to tell if they even did seniority at all for Austin.  Where the hell are the seats close to the stage on the sides which I've come to expect?!  Those are all "Priority" or whatever they call it now?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • logan5ivelogan5ive Posts: 470
    If a lower number doesn’t get you better seats then what’s the point? And situations like this keep happening tour after tour it seems like.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024 - Seattle I & II
    [80]
  • I received confirmation emails for both Austin shows yesterday. An hour ago, my ticket request showed confirmed for both shows. It now says that I have no requests for this program. Anyone else have this issue? https://tenclub-us.shop.ticketstoday.com/Requests.aspx
  • FC28207FC28207 Posts: 71
    139xxx

N1   FLR4  R1
    N2   FLR3  R4

139xxx row 1! and my 166xxx row 12?!  With fanclubbers better ranked than us under 100k in the 2nd bowl?  This wasnt based on directly assigning on seniority, the message doesnt match the process.  The message should have been “seats will be allocated as each member # is drawn”. Now, if our seniority weighs in favor of odds or something like that, remains unknown.  Our time stamp of confirmation email is just as important to piece together what really happened but based on my n1 n2  timestamps being one minute apart and both nights are on the 12th row, they were drawing and assigning next drawn, next available seat.
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter
  • 297xxx
    show 1 sec 111 row J
    show 2 sec 116 row U
    Was surprised at seats in back but happy based on what I’m hearing from some.  Member since 2005.
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    I whipped a 2023 version of the Touring Fans Form: 
    https://forms.gle/HPA9LDbgU727vxkk9

And here is the spreadsheet with results which you can monitor:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C50w_rrKfSeaik-JGAlYZwazYEKecwZ8o1M07GCcLnc/edit?usp=sharing
    bump
    Let's collect some data - this from the other thread.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 512
    In2Deep said:
    57,XXX and I'm 109 top row. That's in the back.   Never have I been that far with my #.  :|
    You should check your emails. That’s likely a second order and it’s an error. I got the same thing. 

During our processing for the September 18 show in Austin, a second order was generated for you by mistake. Refunds will be processed automatically back to the credit card on file for this second order.

Your initial order is still intact, there is no further action required. You will receive a follow email to claim your tickets.

We apologize for any confusion.”

• dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    mcatake said:
    canuck79 said:
    Attaway77 said:
    It's like that for most places.. Normally I would want better seats, but, Moody and Dickies aren't that big of a place. Seats will be good to awesome wherever you are in my opinion. Just how it shaked out this time around. Check out some images of those places, making it in the building before the public sale is a winner IMO.
    This.  All day long.  I've never been to the venue (upcoming shows will be first time) but I'm happy to have tickets and be in the building.  For those curious - N1 Sec 115, N2 Sec 111.  10C number 420XXX.
    Look at everyone's seat location.  I've only seen two people with seats in 106-108 and none in 120-118.  99% of the Austin comments have seats in 110-116, rear floor sections or in upper levels.  All in rear end of arena.  Either they completely f'd up seniority seating or they lied about only 10% of the tickets going premium. There is just no way more ten club members aren't in better seats without an f up.  don't be happy to just be in the building when they don't deliver on the process they created. everyone with Austin tickets should be pissed.  
    Or, lots of great seats will be available at regular price on FRI???
  • UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 816
    edited April 2023
    Austin Night 1:Section 115
    Austin Night 2: Section 111

322xxx

Something is definitely off and I hope they fix it. 
  • Austin Night 1:Denied
    Austin Night 2: Section 212, Row 1 

704xxx

• glorified_jglorified_j Posts: 183
    Ten Club ... 328xxx
    One show requested: Austin night 1; GA/reserved
    I got Section 115, Row S
    Been closer, specifically in Dallas in 2013, but since I haven't seen them in 9 years, I won't complain too much. 
  • yanetteyanette Posts: 20
    Luckytwn1 said:
    In2Deep said:
    57,XXX and I'm 109 top row. That's in the back.   Never have I been that far with my #.  :|
    You should check your emails. That’s likely a second order and it’s an error. I got the same thing. 

“ During our processing for the September 18 show in Austin, a second order was generated for you by mistake. Refunds will be processed automatically back to the credit card on file for this second order.

Your initial order is still intact, there is no further action required. You will receive a follow email to claim your tickets.

We apologize for any confusion.”

That makes sense, I did get the double order email and did receive a refund this morning. However, I never got 2 ticket confirmations (I checked both junk and regular inbox.) Did anyone else not get 2 confirmations but also receive a refund?
  • ShaggyShaggy Posts: 13
    Night 1 - 279xxx - Sec 115, Row H,
  • GruntruckGruntruck Posts: 22
    Night 1 208 N 
    Night 2 214 A
    Never been up in 200's for any gig Bummed for sure, may consider putting Night 1 on F2F so others can go 
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,528
    So I'm 166xxx and I got back of the FLR4 row 13 and I'm not happy mainly because I didn't even realize they had real seats on the floor. I'm 5'3" and I would never have picked floor seats as I can't see above anything. I need to be in the raised seats. I purposely did not pick GA because I thought that was the floor. They should have separated out floor vs. the rest of the arena. 
  • Josh10376Josh10376 Posts: 76
    I have a really low member number, I requested 1 Each for Austin, using Night 2 as the night I wanted more. These are the worst seats I have ever gotten through tenclub and they are singles. Back of Level 1. I think the whole ticketing thing was messed up on all the shows. Tenclub needs to reissue tickets.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,085
    I also want to point out that my priority 2 show (N2) was selected 2 hours before my priority 1 show (N1). I'm assuming there were more entries in N1 than N2 and that is why that occurred? My N2 seats are slightly better than my N1 are.
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    I guess i'm just glad to be in the building at this point. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 756
    So I'm 166xxx and I got back of the FLR4 row 13 and I'm not happy mainly because I didn't even realize they had real seats on the floor. I'm 5'3" and I would never have picked floor seats as I can't see above anything. I need to be in the raised seats. I purposely did not pick GA because I thought that was the floor. They should have separated out floor vs. the rest of the arena. 
    Yeah same boat here. 169xxx and I’m same section row 16. I’ve never really complained about seats because I understand why they’ve moved back over the years. But for 25 years of seniority I’d like to see more than the back of someone’s head. Back of the floor reserved seats are objectively some of the worst views in the house and that seems to be where a lot of longtime 10c members are now. 
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23, 9/7/24, 9/9/24, 9/12/24, 9/15/24, 9/17/24
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,088
    hihobibo said:
    I also want to point out that my priority 2 show (N2) was selected 2 hours before my priority 1 show (N1). I'm assuming there were more entries in N1 than N2 and that is why that occurred? My N2 seats are slightly better than my N1 are.
    That might be part of it, but there was definitely an issue with N1 where some people started to get second sets of tickets, so they had to pause the whole thing and get it sorted out. I think that accounts for a lot of the delay that some of us experienced (my timing was similar to yours). 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
    hihobibo said:
    I did/got the exact opposite
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 131
    I just got an email response from tickets today saying the seat assignments are random, seniority is not taken into account. This is in direct conflict with what was posted by the band. WTF. 
  • pjallipjalli Posts: 131
    But phish doesn't charge an annual fee for access to tickets. Phish hasn't been telling us we would get better lottery odds and seating preference in exchange for 30 years of cumulative membership dues. It's not the same at all. I'm about to run.
  • logan5ivelogan5ive Posts: 470
    pjalli said:
    I just got an email response from tickets today saying the seat assignments are random, seniority is not taken into account. This is in direct conflict with what was posted by the band. WTF. 
    Can you post the response?
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024 - Seattle I & II
    [80]
    The Moody Center folks are very high on their big floor, "largest arena floor anywhere!".  So when they ranked their seats they probably ranked the back floor seats higher than lower bowl.  For DMB last year the two side lower sections were released late, as if they were side/obstructed view, but they were ahead of the stage.  The venue seems to have done a poor job ranking their own seats.