Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,202
    PJINFLA said:
    For a frame of reference Aerosmith pricing plus fees for farewell tour in Louisville.

Also dynamic pricing and price bump for aisle seats
    Why am I always discriminated against?

That's what the asking prices will be at first, and some poor saps will actually pay that. But once they realize they aren't going to sell out at those prices, they'll drop the prices. Look at the Billy Joel/Stevie Knicks stadium tour. For some of those dates, they're completely sold out of 200 and 300 level upper deck seats, because those were cheaper. Meanwhile, they've sold almost none of the lower level and field seats because they're way overpriced...even after 3 price drops already.

That's the beauty of "dynamic pricing." They can charge whatever the hell they want at any time. There's been times when I've bought tickets at $139 the day they went on sale, only to have seats in the same section and row drop down to as low as $29 the week of the show.
    I had that happen to me with Eric Clapton tickets last year. Spent roughly $150 on a ticket the day they went on sale.  By the week of the show, tickets in my same section were down to $75. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    lolobugg said:
    mace1229 said:
    BK221359 said:
    PJINFLA said:
    For a frame of reference Aerosmith pricing plus fees for farewell tour in Louisville.

You are probably posting this to make the case that PJ represents excellent value.  Which they do.  However, the Aerosmith pricing is actually more fair.  If you’re in the nosebleeds or behind the stage you don’t pay as much as someone in the best seats in the house.  At the very least I would like to see PJ introduce two price points.  Something simple like add $20 to the price of lowers and subtract $20 from uppers, or some similar numbers that would leave total revenue the same.  That way if someone gets dumped into an upper in the draw at least it buys a couple of beers for their misfortune.  
    Aerosmith isn’t a valid comp…period.
    The problem with that tiered pricing is I would imagine the bad seats would stay the same price, and the good seats would go up.
    So with that in mind, I'm happy with the single price.

It almost seems like its not about the actual cost, just some people are upset they paid the same price for nosebleeds as someone in row 1 based on principle. 
    I don't have a problem with the way PJ sets the pricing. however i feel bad for the poor fuckers that end up in the 300 section at the United Center. 
    I don't. The place will sell out. I see it as they paid $162 for a $162 seat. Those lucky ones up from paid $162 for a $400 seat. Don't feel bad because someone else got a better deal. 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    mace1229 said:
    lolobugg said:
    mace1229 said:
    BK221359 said:
    PJINFLA said:

You are probably posting this to make the case that PJ represents excellent value.  Which they do.  However, the Aerosmith pricing is actually more fair.  If you’re in the nosebleeds or behind the stage you don’t pay as much as someone in the best seats in the house.  At the very least I would like to see PJ introduce two price points.  Something simple like add $20 to the price of lowers and subtract $20 from uppers, or some similar numbers that would leave total revenue the same.  That way if someone gets dumped into an upper in the draw at least it buys a couple of beers for their misfortune.  
    The problem with that tiered pricing is I would imagine the bad seats would stay the same price, and the good seats would go up.

It almost seems like its not about the actual cost, just some people are upset they paid the same price for nosebleeds as someone in row 1 based on principle. 
    I don't have a problem with the way PJ sets the pricing. however i feel bad for the poor fuckers that end up in the 300 section at the United Center. 
    I don't. The place will sell out. I see it as they paid $162 for a $162 seat. Those lucky ones up from paid $162 for a $400 seat. Don't feel bad because someone else got a better deal. 
    i don't feel guilty at all. i got the best deal in the reserved house. i earned it by being in this fan club for 30 years without letting my membership lapse. 

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    mace1229 said:
    lolobugg said:
    mace1229 said:
    BK221359 said:
    PJINFLA said:

You're correct.  The place will sell out.  And those nosebleeds could have been sold in the public (VF) sale rather than via the 10C lottery.  That is where there is a mixed bag of opinions.  For some, they see this as a win because it puts more tickets into the hands of 10C members, albeit at the price of being in the nosebleeds, which never happened in previous tours.  For others, they see the 300 level as garbage seats that they did not expect to get via the 10C lottery, as it has never happened in the past.  No one is right or wrong.  It is a fair reaction either way.  And yes, I read and understood fully that "ten club has reserved more seats than past tours which means that some seats will be further away and higher up than past tours." 
  • symptomsfadesymptomsfade Posts: 239
    Just watch what you ask for with the pricing you might just get it.  Then when you win your lottery selection you’re gonna pay a possibly outrageous price.  Then I’m sure we will have a 100 page thread complaining about prices.  I feel like this is still more of a seating placement argument and not winning first priority over second priority.  Keep prices the same, correct the seating/priority mistake and keep the complaints to just “member for a 100 years how can I get shut out”.  Prices are fine.  Just my opinion, nothing to see here, carry on.  
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    PJINFLA said:

I was thinking maybe they could do something like that, but then they would probably need to split up the reserved choice to lower and upper, like they did with rear/side. Making this more complicated is probably not a great idea considering they can't handle it the way it is now, heh.
    PJINFLA said:

That's what the asking prices will be at first, and some poor saps will actually pay that. But once they realize they aren't going to sell out at those prices, they'll drop the prices. Look at the Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks stadium tour. For some of those dates, they're completely sold out of 200 and 300 level upper deck seats, because those were cheaper. Meanwhile, they've sold almost none of the lower level and field seats because they're way overpriced...even after 3 price drops already.

That's the beauty of "dynamic pricing." They can charge whatever the hell they want at any time. There's been times when I've bought tickets at $139 the day they went on sale, only to have seats in the same section and row drop down to as low as $29 the week of the show.
    The ugliness of "dynamic pricing" is when you click on a ticket for one price and then when it gets in your cart it's like $50 more. That happened over and over when I got tickets to Muse.
    Just watch what you ask for with the pricing you might just get it.  Then when you win your lottery selection you’re gonna pay a possibly outrageous price.  Then I’m sure we will have a 100 page thread complaining about prices.  I feel like this is still more of a seating placement argument and not winning first priority over second priority.  Keep prices the same, correct the seating/priority mistake and keep the complaints to just “member for a 100 years how can I get shut out”.  Prices are fine.  Just my opinion, nothing to see here, carry on.  
    My thoughts exactly. Those complaining about prices all being the same for nosebleeds and floor don't realize  to adjust accordingly they won't sell the 300s for less, they will sell the 100 and 200s for a lot more. Who wins in this scenario? Not the fans, that's for sure. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,403
    mattcoz said:
    PJINFLA said:

That's what the asking prices will be at first, and some poor saps will actually pay that. But once they realize they aren't going to sell out at those prices, they'll drop the prices. Look at the Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks stadium tour. For some of those dates, they're completely sold out of 200 and 300 level upper deck seats, because those were cheaper. Meanwhile, they've sold almost none of the lower level and field seats because they're way overpriced...even after 3 price drops already.

The ugliness of "dynamic pricing" is when you click on a ticket for one price and then when it gets in your cart it's like $50 more. That happened over and over when I got tickets to Muse.
    It's jacked up...and just shows the total control TM has over an already monopolized system.

I remember multiple times trying to buy tickets and getting the "someone else beat you to it" message. Then you come across three tickets in a row and it won't let you buy two of them so it doesn't leave a seat "stranded." Even though the people that were buying singles or odd numbers of seats fucked you over by leaving that third seat.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    Ah pricing. I got presale access to Aerosmith today through my season tix. The cheapest nosebleed tix were $175. Avg looked like $400. I'm more than cool with $165. 
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    mattcoz said:
    PJINFLA said:

I was thinking maybe they could do something like that, but then they would probably need to split up the reserved choice to lower and upper, like they did with rear/side. Making this more complicated is probably not a great idea considering they can't handle it the way it is now, heh.
    Markets matter. In Seattle the light blue STARTS at $175. Orange is $275-399. Those are venue presale prices with no fees. 

I'd be fine with tiered pricing, but there are a lot of people that wouldn't be. People already complain about the current price point. Which is more than a fair price. 
  • GVN2FLY NDGVN2FLY ND Posts: 84
    For St Paul, I got floor left, row 1, seats 1 and 2 for night one, and floor left, row 10 seats 1 and 2 for night two.  I doubt that I'll be able to keep my seats, which is unfortunate (been in the club since 1999) and my seats certainly couldn't get better.  That was a perk of being in the club for 20+ years.  I miss the old days of sending money orders for two tickets to one show.  
  • DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    PJ has done tiered pricing for different seating levels before without any issues.  Wrigley for example had 3 options:  GA and Field/Lower were one price and Upper was a lower price.  They can do this and they should.
    edited May 2023
    Discopij said:
    PJ has done tiered pricing for different seating levels before without any issues.  Wrigley for example had 3 options:  GA and Field/Lower were one price and Upper was a lower price.  They can do this and they should.
    I don't think they utilized the tiered pricing for the fan club though, did they?

And the reason why I'm against it is I don't see them lowering any tickets, just raising the prices on the better ones. How is that better for the fans?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,423
    mace1229 said:
    Discopij said:
    I don't think they utilized the tiered pricing for the fan club though, did they?

And the reason why I'm against it is I don't see them lowering any tickets, just raising the prices on the better ones. How is that better for the fans?
    Yes they did. 

Shows with EV have had it too. Taormina for sure had it. 
    mace1229 said:
    Discopij said:

Yes the fan club seats were different price levels ... and you prioritized knowing that.  Many people chose not to go for the upper levels because they were "too far away".
    mace1229 said:
    Discopij said:

But would you be for it if they did? That's what we are suggesting. Obviously if they aren't going to lower any prices then it's better to keep it the way it is.
    mattcoz said:
    mace1229 said:
    Discopij said:

But would you be for it if they did? That's what we are suggesting. Obviously if they aren't going to lower any prices then it's better to keep it the way it is.
    If it meant more of the good seats got into 10C hands as opposed to PJ Premium then yes I would be for it.  I'd rather pay a reasonable uptick for a really good seat as opposed to see the jacked up PJ Premium prices.
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,716
    Will today be the day?
    mattcoz said:
    mace1229 said:
    Discopij said:

Depends on the price difference and where the show is.
     if I have to make a weekend of it, travel, stay in a hotel, makes sense to spend an extra $20 and get better seats. If its close by, I'd probably still spend the extra $20.
    If its $100 though, probably not.

Either way, I only see this going one way. Good seats will be more, bad seats will be the same price, nothing will be less. So nobody should be wanting this. 
  • WS131341WS131341 Posts: 28
    I feel like I am in an endless loop of the beginning of Corduroy— the waiting for ticket news is driving me mad.  Put us out of our misery and let us know our seats.
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    I'm sure someone else may have mentioned it, but yesterday I received  ticketstoday emails about being refunded for duplicate Chicago show purchases (due to resubmission). So, I think they are untangling things. Hopefully more info soon. 
  • stone headstone head Posts: 13
    "The aristocrat choir sings
    What's the ruckus?"
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    Tom Petty said it.. The Waiting is the hardest part.... 
  • Mhemm11Mhemm11 Posts: 43
    Just got a charge for tickets, maybe seat assignments are coming today 
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 442
    Mhemm11 said:
    Just got a charge for tickets, maybe seat assignments are coming today 
    What show?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,873
    Will today be the day?
    Ticketsoneday
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Are they charging us again for this? Is everyone getting a refund/recharge? That's kind of ridiculous if they are.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,126
    I think it’s ok to give fans the options of different ticket prices let the fan choose how much they are willing to pay! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • stone headstone head Posts: 13
    This is all a bit ridiculous...high time for the band, management and Ticketmaster to acknowledge they messed this up and move on. U2 just sold roughly 300K tickets for their Vegas residency (at a brand new venue no less) with nary an issue. U2 have a massive fan club with presale obligations to manage...yet they did so deftly and with clarity.