Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    fixer123 said:
    Maybe I’m naive; or old; or both. But it’s so hard for me to make sense of this band being ok with things like ‘premium seating.’ It just seems to contrary to what they have expressed being about all these years. 
    It's just the reality of doing business these days. They need to cede this one point to get more seating at reasonable prices for the fan club.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    While not cheap, the $160 price point is more reasonable than many other bands. Not all, but many. If Premium really does play a role in that, then so be it. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,999
    fixer123 said:
    Maybe I’m naive; or old; or both. But it’s so hard for me to make sense of this band being ok with things like ‘premium seating.’ It just seems to contrary to what they have expressed being about all these years. 
    I imagine it was much easier to take a stand against ticket master back when they were generating revenue from album sales. 

It was only a few years later that file sharing came along, and then streaming services etc. The entire industry and business model has changed since the '90s. 
  • moozeekfanmoozeekfan Posts: 194
    edited April 2023
    fixer123 said:
    It’s the nature of the ticketing world now.  That money would typically go to scalpers and now it’s going directly to the band(s).  Every artist has to do this if playing arenas.  It’s money left on the table.  
    There’s two ways to fix this IMO.  1) an artist plays a market until demand is met (aka the Garth Brooks plan).  He stays in a town until he can’t sell anymore tickets.  Sometimes it’s two weeks in a city.  Scalping is non-existent for the most part.  
    2). All-in ticket pricing.  Price what the ticket is worth.  Everyone wants to sit in the front row?  Price it at $2000 per ticket.  No one wants to sit in the upper deck nosebleeds?  $20 a ticket.  None of this “service charge” fee which fluctuates on the price of the ticket baloney.  One fee all upfront.  Be forthright.  People might still grumble, but no one will be left to wonder.  
    Cons:  Artists don’t want to be seen as greedy by charging so much for the seats closest to the stage.  Which is why Ticketmaster exists, but that’s for another thread.  
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    mattcoz said:
    fixer123 said:
    It's just the reality of doing business these days. They need to cede this one point to get more seating at reasonable prices for the fan club.
    It always trips me out to see so many of you who have been completely gaslighted by this.
  • MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    MR242791 said:
    fixer123 said:
    they've got wives and kids now and are getting older.  
    Won’t someone think of the millionaires. 
    LOL
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    MR242791 said:
    anyone off the waitlist yet?
    Nope, and I tried to see if it would let me enter the queue with no code so i could see what was available, no dice.
  • Anybody heard back about new seats in Ft Worth?
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
    fixer123 said:
    It’s the nature of the ticketing world now.  That money would typically go to scalpers and now it’s going directly to the band(s).  Every artist has to do this if playing arenas.  It’s money left on the table.  
    There’s two ways to fix this IMO.  1) an artist plays a market until demand is met (aka the Garth Brooks plan).  He stays in a town until he can’t sell anymore tickets.  Sometimes it’s two weeks in a city.  Scalping is non-existent for the most part.  
    2). All-in ticket pricing.  Price what the ticket is worth.  Everyone wants to sit in the front row?  Price it at $2000 per ticket.  No one wants to sit in the upper deck nosebleeds?  $20 a ticket.  None of this “service charge” fee which fluctuates on the price of the ticket baloney.  One fee all upfront.  Be forthright.  People might still grumble, but no one will be left to wonder.  
    Cons:  Artists don’t want to be seen as greedy by charging so much for the seats closest to the stage.  Which is why Ticketmaster exists, but that’s for another thread.  
    Yeah, "directly" to the band, after Ticketmaster takes their huge cut. I have to wonder how much they actually get.
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    Good luck to all trying today!
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    MR242791 said:
    fixer123 said:
    Don't they deserve to be millionaires?
  • So are we supposed to sit at our computers and wait until we get a code and then go for seats?

This feels super weird for Pearl Jam.

NEVER have had an issue like this.

----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center
    May 10, 2024 - Portland, Moda Center
    May 16, 2024 - Las Vegas, MGM Garden Arena
    May 21 & 22, 2024 - Los Angeles, Forum
    May 25, 2024 - Napa Valley, Bottlerock 
    May 30, 2024 - Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena 
  • jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    fixer123 said:
    well, its either this or the band finds a field somewhere in each state to play. TM owns the whole industry. If PJ wants to play, they have to at least somewhat play by their rules. TM doesn't give 2 shits if PJ tours or not. They have plenty other bands that will play ball. You can thank your local congressman that doesn't give a shit about monopolies. The TM monopoly is just one of many that they completely ignore at the expense of regular people. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    mattcoz said:
    fixer123 said:
    It always trips me out to see so many of you who have been completely gaslighted by this.
    I mean it makes sense to me. Similar practices work in all kinds of business. What does your model look like? Happy to show you my crude assumptions
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,201
    So are we supposed to sit at our computers and wait until we get a code and then go for seats?

This feels super weird for Pearl Jam.

NEVER have had an issue like this.

If you were selected for the Verified Fan sale, you would have received a code by now. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    MR242791 said:
    fixer123 said:
    Of course they do, it's just when you talk about needing to take care of their families. Their families are fine, they'll be fine if they retire now and never play another show. I mean, unless they squandered all their money, in which case they aren't millionaires.
  • fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    fixer123 said:
    I imagine it was much easier to take a stand against ticket master back when they were generating revenue from album sales. 

It was only a few years later that file sharing came along, and then streaming services etc. The entire industry and business model has changed since the '90s. 
    This is actually a GREAT point. Money is almost entirely in live shows now. Much different world than when they came up.
    think I'll throw these pills away...

• This is just rude. I am a verified fan since 1993! LOL. WTF. No, I don't "GOT IT"

GRRRRRR   :scream:

----
    November 5, 1993 - Indio, CA, Polo Fileds
    July 4, 1998 - Los Angeles, The Forum
    November 23, 2013 - Los Angeles, Sports Arena
    September 26, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    October 2, 2021 - Dana Point, Ohana Festival
    May 3, 2022 - San Diego, Aztex Bowl
    May 6 & 7, 2022- Los Angeles, The Forum
    May 16, 2022 - Fresno, Save Mart Center
    September 13 & 15, 2023 - FT. Worth, Dickies 
    September 18 & 19, 2023 - Austin, Moody Center
    May 10, 2024 - Portland, Moda Center
    May 16, 2024 - Las Vegas, MGM Garden Arena
    May 21 & 22, 2024 - Los Angeles, Forum
    May 25, 2024 - Napa Valley, Bottlerock 
    May 30, 2024 - Seattle, Climate Pledge Arena 
    edited April 2023
    mattcoz said:
    MR242791 said:
    fixer123 said:
    Of course they do, it's just when you talk about needing to take care of their families. Their families are fine, they'll be fine if they retire now and never play another show. I mean, unless they squandered all their money, in which case they aren't millionaires.
    How about keeping their business going? They have a team of employees (w/ families, I'm sure) to support as well. There's more to it than just taking care of their own families. 
  • AdamJNovakAdamJNovak Posts: 191
    If anyone happens to get (or is willing to get an extra) for Chicago night 2 during the verified fan sale, I’d absolutely love it! Let me know, and thanks so much in advance!! Venmo or PayPal ready!
    mattcoz said:
    fixer123 said:
    I mean it makes sense to me. Similar practices work in all kinds of business. What does your model look like? Happy to show you my crude assumptions
    Exactly, it's standard business negotiation. You want something, you need to give up something.
  • jwc6160 said:
    fixer123 said:
    well, its either this or the band finds a field somewhere in each state to play. TM owns the whole industry. If PJ wants to play, they have to at least somewhat play by their rules. TM doesn't give 2 shits if PJ tours or not. They have plenty other bands that will play ball. You can thank your local congressman that doesn't give a shit about monopolies. The TM monopoly is just one of many that they completely ignore at the expense of regular people. 
    There is other options. Look at what Zach Bryan is doing. He completely removed Ticketmaster from the process and is playing large venues.  If you want to remove Ticketmaster, it can be done. 
  • Can't remember PJ Premium or TM Platinum being restricted to verified fans only like today is. Maybe it has been this way before, anyone else know?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    mattcoz said:
    fixer123 said:
    I will admit, it was easier for me to buy into before we saw some of the seats being sold blind to Ten Club. "We're selling premium seats to get YOU more tickets...but those tickets are ones you would have never bought on your own."

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Can't remember PJ Premium or TM Platinum being restricted to verified fans only like today is. Maybe it has been this way before, anyone else know?
    It was like this last tour. This is a presale, they won't be restricted when the general on sale happens.
    JimmyV said:
    mattcoz said:
    fixer123 said:
    I will admit, it was easier for me to buy into before we saw some of the seats being sold blind to Ten Club. "We're selling premium seats to get YOU more tickets...but those tickets are ones you would have never bought on your own."
    I'll play devil's advocate for the sake of the conversation... I don't recall seeing too many people who put in for St Paul get rejected. 

Could accepting the premium ticket sales have been a tradeoff to getting more tickets allocated to the fan club? 

I genuinely don't know, just spit balling here. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830

• jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 323
    jwc6160 said:
    fixer123 said:
    There is other options. Look at what Zach Bryan is doing. He completely removed Ticketmaster from the process and is playing large venues.  If you want to remove Ticketmaster, it can be done. 
    Interesting. I'd be curious if the non ticketmaster venues are any better. Any large promoter is going to get their cut. Live nation has control over a lot of them in most cities so i'm curious where he is playing. Good on him though. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • TP128347TP128347 Posts: 67
    edited April 2023
    Won't let me join Waiting Room.  This is going bad  :(
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    edited April 2023
    We can't see it now, but all the shows were listed as:

Fan-Verified Presale 10am

and

PJ Premium 10am

No mention of needing Fan-Verified for Premiums/Platinums, and no mention of the Premiums being a "presale"; never seen that before
    Post edited by dmbolp on