Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,309
    goblues82 said:
    Maybe Pearl Jam can open some stadiums in 2024 for Taylor Swift in the aptly named "F*** OFF, TICKET-BASTARD TOUR!"
    LoL. Neither one of them hate Ticketmaster like you’d like to think. Pearl Jam allows platinum tickets that makes Ticketmaster out to be the bad guy but they are just a straw man for the premium pricing and Swift could have made her tickets non-transferable but didn’t. 
    Yep. Unfortanately, PJ and TS are snuggling cozily in bed together with TM making a shit ton of money!  1995 is a long forgotten memory
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    goblues82 said:
    Maybe Pearl Jam can open some stadiums in 2024 for Taylor Swift in the aptly named "F*** OFF, TICKET-BASTARD TOUR!"
    LoL. Neither one of them hate Ticketmaster like you’d like to think. Pearl Jam allows platinum tickets that makes Ticketmaster out to be the bad guy but they are just a straw man for the premium pricing and Swift could have made her tickets non-transferable but didn’t. 

Exactly. Taylor could have done all the steps PJ/10C has done for years. She won't even do the "Here's the sale information. BTW, it's too late to sign up for a membership" situation.

She doesn't mind when people re-sell her tickets for $3000.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,614
    Guns and Roses playing in Moncton this weekend. It should be Pearl Jam playing there. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    demetrios said:
    Guns and Roses playing in Moncton this weekend. It should be Pearl Jam playing there. 
    Fenway in a couple weeks and same. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Exactly. Taylor could have done all the steps PJ/10C has done for years. She won't even do the "Here's the sale information. BTW, it's too late to sign up for a membership" situation.

She doesn't mind when people re-sell her tickets for $3000.
    I'm not sure there was any good answer for the Swift tour really, she's a huge artist who hadn't toured in 6 years. Probably could sell 5 shows for every 1. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:

Tickets selling good for their Fenway show? More then half the seats are still available for their show in Moncton. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:

Tickets selling good for their Fenway show? More then half the seats are still available for their show in Moncton. 
    Not really. You can sit pretty much anywhere but prices haven't fallen. which is what I'm waiting for. 

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,013
    edited August 2023
    really hope for an European tour in 2024

Not only to make up for those cancelled dates (i was in Vienna and it was so heart breaking seeing people crying) but also this is the biggest reason why there HAS to be an European Tour, we got married in 2014 and our honeymoon was seeing PJ around Europe , we did 2 nights at Amsterdam , Milan , Vienna , Berlin and Oslo (1st time ever strangest tribe!!) so it would be super special doing the 10th anniversary the same way !! we are aiming for 2 nights in Amsterdam and the next non festival date after Amsterdam.

also dont come to NOS Alive in Portugal please, we will be in Rome seeing Coldplay during those dates (july 12,13,14) , so come to portugal in the beginning of the tour

Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 275
    Im with you, no festival in Portugal please !
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 802
    Only indoor please, no festivals at all
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,444
    The way things work, we may as well pencil in Nos Alive! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 262
    Atlanta please! Oklahoma has had two shows since Atlanta’s 2012 show. I’m not throwing shade at Oklahoma (would happily visit the state!), but it seems like Atlanta is a large market. Come on Atlanta!
    OK has actually had 3 shows since 2012.  OKC in 2013 and 2022 and don't forget the metropolis of Tulsa, OK in 2014.  Strange they have played in places like Lincoln, NE, Fresno, CA, Moline, IL, Greenville, SC, and Spokane, WA since they last played Atlanta. (nothing against these places of course, they are just nowhere near as large as Atlanta).  I honestly had never even heard of Moline, IL until they played there. 
     They do have an interesting trend of playing at "medium" sized cities that are home to large universities (Lincoln, NE, Columbia, SC, Lexington, KY, Charlottesville, VA, and Fresno, CA).
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    TinaETinaE Germany Posts: 1,345
    just_one said:
    really hope for an European tour in 2024

I hope that too
    Berlin 07/05/2018; Berlin 06/21/2022; Frankfurt 06/28/2022
    Eddie Vedder Düsseldorf 06/30/2019
    "The future ain't what it used to be..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    demetrios said:
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:

Unless TM is hiding unsold seats there are way more than half sold for Moncton. Going there tonight hopefully the lightning holds off. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:

Unless TM is hiding unsold seats there are way more than half sold for Moncton. Going there tonight hopefully the lightning holds off. 
    Enjoy! 

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 674

They do have an interesting trend of playing at "medium" sized cities that are home to large universities (Lincoln, NE, Columbia, SC, Lexington, KY, Charlottesville, VA, and Fresno, CA).
    Keeping hope alive in Syracuse!
  • Options
    peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:

Not really. You can sit pretty much anywhere but prices haven't fallen. which is what I'm waiting for. 
    Just grabbed LF upper level seats the other day for $59 before fees and $80/each all in (thanks LiveNation). Why not? Should be fun. Hold me over til Austin!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:
    JimmyV said:
    demetrios said:

Hope you had a great time.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,384
    MM70435 said:
    Atlanta please! Oklahoma has had two shows since Atlanta’s 2012 show. I’m not throwing shade at Oklahoma (would happily visit the state!), but it seems like Atlanta is a large market. Come on Atlanta!
    OK has actually had 3 shows since 2012.  OKC in 2013 and 2022 and don't forget the metropolis of Tulsa, OK in 2014.  Strange they have played in places like Lincoln, NE, Fresno, CA, Moline, IL, Greenville, SC, and Spokane, WA since they last played Atlanta. (nothing against these places of course, they are just nowhere near as large as Atlanta).  I honestly had never even heard of Moline, IL until they played there. 
    You are correct! Wow, 3 shows! Also correct about the medium sized cities. There must be something about the economics of playing Atlanta that I’m not privy to. Don’t understand, it’s such a large market for the southeast.
  • Options
    Robbert said:

I doubt that, especially if they play Europe. They love the European festivals.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    MM70435 said:
    You are correct! Wow, 3 shows! Also correct about the medium sized cities. There must be something about the economics of playing Atlanta that I’m not privy to. Don’t understand, it’s such a large market for the southeast.

Their airport is a mess, but is it easy to get to?

My current predictions for 2024 aren't based on any inside info:
    The usual run of European summer shows/festivals.
    Ohio
    New York City
    Boston/Hartford
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
  • Options
    Robbert said:

• Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 382
    edited August 2023
    Maybe an interesting info for upcoming Pearl Jam concerts in Germany. Unlike most of their European neighbors, where Ticketmaster is in power, tickets in Germany have so far been sold through Tickets.de. One of a few remaining small ticket sellers. The Pearl Jam concerts of the past ten years thus took place exclusively in Berlin (Wuhlheide and Waldbühne) and once now in 2022 in Frankfurt (Festhalle).

But also Tickets.de had to give up at the beginning of this year. This means that from now on, Ticketmaster or possibly Eventim will take over the pre-sale in Germany as well. This in turn could mean that new venues will also be considered. First and foremost, the three biggest and relatively new German indoor venues. Lanxess Arena in Cologne with 20,000 seats. Mercedes-Benz Arena in Berlin with 17,000 seats. And Barclays Arena in Hamburg with 16,000 seats.

It would be a dream to see Pearl Jam live in these venues.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,384
    MM70435 said:

Their airport is a mess, but is it easy to get to?

My current predictions for 2024 aren't based on any inside info:
    The usual run of European summer shows/festivals.
    Ohio
    New York City
    Boston/Hartford
    The airport is outside of the city, but it has subway access that goes directly to downtown.

Actually, for such a busy/huge airport, I find it to be relatively fine. I am used to arriving 2 hours ahead of any flight. The number of people moving through the airport can cause long security lines.  However, for the sheer volume of travelers, I think they move people around pretty efficiently. 
  • Options
    I don’t see them playing europe this year after playing last year. Unless making up shows is a priority
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,150
    I don’t see them playing europe this year after playing last year. Unless making up shows is a priority
    Yes not this year but hopefully next year (2024). Think their plans will be linked to the new album
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 346
    They need to play Hamburg again for sure, certainly used to. Cologne would be cool, maybe Munich again as well. Why not, right? 
    Dublin, Belfast, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Leeds, Cardiff, Birmingham, Manchester, Lisbon, Paris, Madrid, Marseilles, Rotterdam, Antwerp, Brussels, Bern, Bologna, Turin, Verona, Athens, Zagreb, Bucharest, Sofia, Istanbul, Warsaw, Katowice, Oslo, HELSINKI. Sorry, got carried away👀👀👀
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 313
    I wouldn't mind them starting to do spring or fall arena tours in Europe...and not allways the same time in the summer.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 382
    They can come in the winter for all I care. Our venues are heated.  ;)
  • Options
    eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 945
    13 years since they played Dublin.  I wish they would come back 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
This discussion has been closed.