The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    incognitonyincognitony KY Posts: 141
    Stadiums could solve most of the ticketing concerns
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    PJ is coming back to Pine Knob in 24!
    That would be way too good to be true. I suppose playing the amphitheatre in Indiana could be setting a precedent, but Ed was not thrilled in 03 with the corporate sponsorship (thankfully it's a mininum now) but also all the season ticket holders.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,614
    VT, NH, ME 2024
    This^^^^

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,660
    edited July 2023
    Starting to get into that time of year where if AUS/NZ was happening, we should know soon....  Any 2024 rumors out there?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    Starting to get into that time of year where if AUS/NZ was happening, we should know soon....  Any 2024 rumors out there?
    In Jeff's recent interview he said things were "penciled in", sounded like everything planned is contingent on whether the album gets done this year and then they will play shows to promote.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    I think it would depend on the markets.  Sometimes I don't think PJ is as popular as we think they are.  Demand for shows is often high due to lack of touring and fans travelling around.

I suspect maybe they could mix it up.   Play arena's in smaller markets and stadiums in the big markets.   Last time I saw Foo Fighters they were doing that.  They played Safeco Field in Seattle, then came up and played Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,335
    Zod said:
    I think it would depend on the markets.  Sometimes I don't think PJ is as popular as we think they are.  Demand for shows is often high due to lack of touring and fans travelling around.

I suspect maybe they could mix it up.   Play arena's in smaller markets and stadiums in the big markets.   Last time I saw Foo Fighters they were doing that.  They played Safeco Field in Seattle, then came up and played Rogers Arena in Vancouver.
    im not convinced they'd fill stadiums across the country but they definitely would in some cities. that would make sense 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,618
    edited July 2023
    It’s going to be interesting to see where they play, so many missed spots around the entire globe
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 622
    Thinking that if they were touring AUS/NZ early 2024, dates would have already been out.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,378
    It’s going to be interesting to see where they play, so many missed spots around the entire globe
    yah, and they don't seem to be a band that wants to drastically increase the amount of time they spend on the road.

It's crazy that it's been 10 years since they played Vancouver (or 7 years if you count Pemberton, which I should count, because it was close enough).   Being that Vancouver is the next big closest city to Seattle, I don't think they'd have gone that long without a Vancouver show.. well ever.  What was the last big stretch 93 to 98?

Then you've got far away places like Australia that they used to play frequently, and now it's crickets.

I'm going to guess a modest size NA tour that includes the PNW (Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, and random other city), and maybe south america.

They really seem to like NA,SA, and Europe.

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    D-Rod said:
    Anyone else looking forward to the ticketing process for 2024 tour?
    It’s going to be legendary.    I’m thinking double J hitting Beetlejuice over the head with a guitar legendary . 

Who me? I go bout six foot eight! Bout 350 pounds!

#JollyDwarf
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Just the other day, Ticketmaster took full control of the Scotiabank Centre in Halifax. The very first arena in Atlantic Canada taken over by Ticketmaster. For a very long time tickets were sold by Ticket Atlantic.

Soon, Ticketmaster will take more control of more sporting arenas in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, P.E.I. and Newfoundland. Hopefully this means Pearl Jam will come back to Atlantic Canada, in 2024. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,994
    demetrios said:
    Just the other day, Ticketmaster took full control of the Scotiabank Centre in Halifax. The very first arena in Atlantic Canada taken over by Ticketmaster. For a very long time tickets were sold by Ticket Atlantic.

Soon, Ticketmaster will take more control of more sporting arenas in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, P.E.I. and Newfoundland. Hopefully this means Pearl Jam will come back to Atlantic Canada, in 2024. 
    New England and Atlantic Canada in 2024!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,024
    demetrios said:

Avenir has had TM since the start. 

Hopefully they come by this way next year!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    demetrios said:

Avenir has had TM since the start. 

Hopefully they come by this way next year!

Doh! My bad. Since 2018? I didn't know.

I hope they do next year.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,150
    Zod said:
    yah, and they don't seem to be a band that wants to drastically increase the amount of time they spend on the road.

It's crazy that it's been 10 years since they played Vancouver (or 7 years if you count Pemberton, which I should count, because it was close enough).   Being that Vancouver is the next big closest city to Seattle, I don't think they'd have gone that long without a Vancouver show.. well ever.  What was the last big stretch 93 to 98?

Then you've got far away places like Australia that they used to play frequently, and now it's crickets.

I'm going to guess a modest size NA tour that includes the PNW (Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, and random other city), and maybe south america.

They really seem to like NA,SA, and Europe.

Australia and New Zealand doesn’t really make any commercial sense unless you can play at least 5-6 sold out shows. Such a long way from everywhere you are relying on filling the arenas with locals. 

Much easier just to focus on American and European tours, which are guaranteed sell outs for tours generally of 15-16 shows 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 346
    Why don’t you think they could do well commercially in Aus? They always have, and i believe the demand would be so high they could do the stadium thing, like 2009
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,418
    I hope they include Red Rocks in 24 and NH,VT,Maine and Halifax I’d def consider doing that whole run! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Cleveland or bust,  it's been 13yrs......and counting
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,921
    I hope they include Red Rocks in 24 and NH,VT,Maine and Halifax I’d def consider doing that whole run! 
    Dude! Could you imagine the demand for Red Rocks? That would be an amazing venue to see them at. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,454

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Go Animal said:

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Tim has already said no Red Rocks. It's way too small a venue.

IMO, the only way it'd be remotely possible would be to set up a residency AND not assign people to win a second show until after all registrants have won a first show.

They'd also have to do it as part of a large tour (say, one across multiple continents) to try to minimize demand. Someone from England or New Zealand may not be as willing to try for tickets if there's 15 shows close to home announced at the same time.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Tim has already said no Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

Meh...the "Hits 1" was kind of a clue.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Lost In Ohio said:
    Go Animal said:

Meh...the "Hits 1" was kind of a clue.
    Was more about me having PJ on the brain, but thanks for the "meh"

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,532

IMO, the only way it'd be remotely possible would be to set up a residency AND not assign people to win a second show until after all registrants have won a first show.

They'd also have to do it as part of a large tour (say, one across multiple continents) to try to minimize demand. Someone from England or New Zealand may not be as willing to try for tickets if there's 15 shows close to home announced at the same time.
    And only one ticket per member?
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,262
    Tampa please 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 622
    Hopefully this starts to become a very active topic. Taylor Swift and Coldplay now have Summer 2024 dates out. Apparently Springsteen's Summer European 2024 tour is going to be announced very shortly too.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,921

They couldn't even manage this for a 9 show tour. My fiancé put in for Chicago 1 as her 1st priority and didn't get it. Others got it with at least up to a #5 priority. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 943
    edited July 2023
    I'd like to see them do a proper Asian tour, or something that stretches into the pacific. Even if it is smaller venues, it would be territory the band hasn't ventured too since 1995, or ever for that matter. As far as a North American tour, the south needs some major non festival love. I think they think they're rectifying that with all these Texas shows this year, but why not do a proper tour through the south? 

ASIA/PACIFIC:
    Tokyo x2
    Osaka 
    Singapore
    Kuala Lumpur 
    Bangkok
    Jakarta 
    Sydney x2 
    Honululu 
    Maui

NORTH AMERICA/LATIN AMERICA: 
    Boston (x2?)
    Washington D.C.
    Atlanta 
    Miami
    Orlando
    Houston 
    New Orleans
    San Francisco
    Mexico City
    Tijuana 
    Cancun/Acapulco/Puerto Vallarta (resort-like show in Mexico like "playing in the sand", or like other jam bands have been doing) 

Post edited by SandyRavage on
This discussion has been closed.