World wide stew & fries
    Is it the same everyday?
  • Options
    StraycatStraycat Posts: 4
    Thin air fried pizza
  • Options
    maximumlawmanmaximumlawman Regensburg, Germany Posts: 222
    Dance with the eclair-donuts
    An eclair-donut would be great right now. 
  • Options
    Can't find a Dinner Plan
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,896
    Choux Ever Said
    Choux The Evolution
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Tonic Rejuicer. 
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Hey saucyhopbananalager, that’s me!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,954
    Mrs. Meals
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    Pie Davanita
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited February 9
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    Crumbing my way. 
  • Options
    MarcvHMarcvH Amersfoort, Netherlands Posts: 25
    edited February 9
    hey spunkie, deleted the post?

Post edited by MarcvH on
    Arnhem 2006, Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009, Nijmegen 2010, Werchter 2010, Amsterdam II 2012, Amsterdam I 2014, Amsterdam II 2017 (Ed Solo), Amsterdam I 2018, Amsterdam II 2018, Amsterdam I 2022, Amsterdam II 2022, Berlin I 2024, Berlin II 2024 and... was on the quest list of Vera Groningen 1996.. but went to my girlfriends father's birthday instead, damned!
  • Options
    LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 151
    Roast Italian Turkey Fruit Waffle
    RITFW
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Dark Platter 
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    Dark Platter 
    Ooohhh smart is sexy - upping our game, huh!
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    Root beer float Captain
  • Options
    Sorry to go off the food topic, but random tour question...

What's the closest anyone has cut it from landing in a city -> in your seat(pit) at the show?

Like, all assumptions aside like: I have a ticket, I have a flight, flight is on time, deboarding is smooth, ubers are fast... Is 1 hour enough to get from Las Vegas airport to a ~9PM show start at MGM Grand Arena?

Bonus question, in this scenario, what have you done with your bag given not enough time to check into a hotel to drop it off? Find a locker?
  • Options

• Options
    edited February 9
    deb1211 said:
    Root beer float Captain
    Can I have a (snort-snort) coke float? Ugg. My momma made that joke ordering when I was a kid at A&W. I can't think of a float without thinking of that. Groan.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    For those looking forward to Waldbühne: BeerGARDEN (Gimme’ Schnitzel Tag) 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    edited February 9

What's the closest anyone has cut it from landing in a city -> in your seat(pit) at the show?

Like, all assumptions aside like: I have a ticket, I have a flight, flight is on time, deboarding is smooth, ubers are fast... Is 1 hour enough to get from Las Vegas airport to a ~9PM show start at MGM Grand Arena?

Bonus question, in this scenario, what have you done with your bag given not enough time to check into a hotel to drop it off? Find a locker?
    That's enough time. MGM is close to the airport. Check your bags with the bell desk. And if you're staying at MGM you can get a mobile key in the app and skip the front desk. I'm staying there now and my room / mobile key was ready at 7 am this morning. My flight landed at 8:48 am (scheduled 9:05) and I was in my room by 9:29. Could get to the arena in about 5 minutes 
  • Options

I might try to land in Auckland and hit the show that night if my airline doesn't bump my flight (switch to earlier arrival). I will have time to ditch my bag though. Sometimes with jet lag, there's that long time after being on a plane energy just to get out and move - were here tired excitement sooooo... 

I did Dana Point -> arrive -> ditch bags -> hit show. Early start day!! Pipsqeuak hung in there :) Change your hotel to something on route to ditch your bag if you don't want to backtrack to the airport locker? Sometimes there was lockers on grounds like at Dana Point? Put spare undies in pocket? Travel with ID credit card? Go commando next day?
  • Options
    ^ google map travel time 
  • Options
    SHZA said:

That's enough time. MGM is close to the airport. Check your bags with the bell desk. And if you're staying at MGM you can get a mobile key in the app and skip the front desk. I'm staying there now and my room / mobile key was ready at 7 am this morning. My flight landed at 8:48 am (scheduled 9:05) and I was in my room by 9:29. Could get to the arena in about 5 minutes 
    Way better response 👏
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    You fuckers got me!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    pjl44 said:
    Someone is gonna log on at 6:00, see 125 new messages, get excited, then get treated to 5 pages of monologues about regional chain restaurants 
    That’s what keeps me coming back babyyyy
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    cool thanks @Spunkie and @SHZA .

SHZA, bell desk I'm assuming you mean at MGM? Like they would hold my bag even if I'm not staying there? I'm trying to maybe be cheap this year and stay at the Holiday Inn for much less although now that I'm looking at it, it's only about $100 more to stay directly at MGM over the Holiday inn using the MGM Rewards Flexible Rate. hmmm
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    Steak of Clove and Crust
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.