The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• setlist41setlist41 Posts: 444
    pjl44 said:
    setlist41 said:
    So nothing happened with that Madison, WI rumor?
    With what we know already, someone is gonna have to bring some solid sourcing if they have a new city
    Yeah, you're right.
  • klahnsklahns Posts: 11
    setlist41 said:
    So nothing happened with that Madison, WI rumor?
    Nothing is happening in Mad-Town (Madison) that rumor is dead. I live here and call the station. They said the info was not ture.
    Ken Klahn
  • whendrickswhendricks Posts: 25
    demetrios said:
    I’ll go with Billie Joel/Stevie Nicks. He seems to be the vast majority of solo baseball park tour announcements. Any other parks teasing a Thursday announcement yet? Would seem odd for 1 AC/DC date announced in Seattle
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    demetrios said:
    I’ll go with Billie Joel/Stevie Nicks. He seems to be the vast majority of solo baseball park tour announcements. Any other parks teasing a Thursday announcement yet? Would seem odd for 1 AC/DC date announced in Seattle
    If it were an AC/DC show, maybe it's part a larger tour about to be announced?  Having played that festival a few months back, and finding a solution for Brian Johnson's hearing problems, I figured they were bound to announce a tour at some point soon.

• PinoyPJPinoyPJ Posts: 282
    so we just waiting on this 10th for official tour announcement...?
    ride amongst the waves...
  • pjcam said:
    Rumours are Missoula in late August? Is there a certain date that is looking strong at this point? I’ve seen 21st-24th 
    24th is definitely out, as Nathaniel Rateliff/Tyler Childers are there.  Pink/Sheryl Crow there on 8/28. Grizzly Football on 8/31 and 9/14.  My guess is they do 3 days between big stadium events, so 8/21 would be earliest date? They could also do the Adams Center, but would be surprised on that...can't see them doing Missoula in September this time around. 
    I will not lose my Faith, it's an Inside job today....
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    PinoyPJ said:
    i still have hopes that the european tour will be announced until jan 19th
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    PinoyPJ said:
    Tour announcements don’t happen in Ten Club newsletters. People are floating 2/13 as the potential announcement date.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Are there already rumors about the arenas/stadiums for the Australian tour? Thanks 
     stadium tour
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,174
    Why not Portland Maine or New Hampshire or Vermont shows what’s up with that PJ c’mon be adventurous! You guys feel like elephants always walk the same path by the way I love Elephants! But for reelszzz you have become too predictable on your touring paths! Happy 2024 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,125
    edited January 3
    I think it’s coming 1/8 or 1/9, with info in the newsletter on the 10th. 
    Post edited by HailHailVitalogy on
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited January 3
    Why not Portland Maine or New Hampshire or Vermont shows what’s up with that PJ c’mon be adventurous! You guys feel like elephants always walk the same path by the way I love Elephants! But for reelszzz you have become too predictable on your touring paths! Happy 2024 

QOTSA 2024 Euro tour:  Nurburg, Neremburg, Leciestershire, A Coruna, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Madrid, Fuengirola, Barcelona, Clisson, St. Gallen, Milan, Vitrolles, Trencin, Ostrava, Transylvania, Vienna, Zagreb, Gothenburg, Oslo, Copenhagen

Pearl Jam:  Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon

I haven't even heard of some of these places in Europe (granted they are festivals in most cases on the outskirts) but would be great to have PJ play a tour like QOTSA again.  Never gonna happen and they are in two different orbits.  I get it.

I was out of town for work four weeks in a row.  Working during the day, working in the hotel at night.  It sucked and was ready to be home, but when I got home I worked just as many hours.  I just can't relate to touring being such a chore.  It frankly isn't in relation to what 95% of the population have to do to make money, but they are in the fortunate position to do what they want.  
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,038

QOTSA 2024 Euro tour:  Nurburg, Neremburg, Leciestershire, A Coruna, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Madrid, Fuengirola, Barcelona, Clisson, St. Gallen, Milan, Vitrolles, Trencin, Ostrava, Transylvania, Vienna, Zagreb, Gothenburg, Oslo, Copenhagen

I haven't even heard of some of these places in Europe (granted they are festivals in most cases on the outskirts) but would be great to have PJ play a tour like QOTSA again.  Never gonna happen and they are in two different orbits.  I get it.

I was out of town for work four weeks in a row.  Working during the day, working in the hotel at night.  It sucked and was ready to be home, but when I got home I worked just as many hours.  I just can't relate to touring being such a chore.  It frankly isn't in relation to what 95% of the population have to do to make money, but they are in the fortunate position to do what they want.  
    Counter point: Queens' drummer is in his late 40s & their bassist is in his 30s. The rest of the band is < 54 yo.

Pearl Jam's rhythm section is > 60 years old. Those instruments aren't easy to play for 2 hours a night. 

I don't think it's realistic to expect PJ to match the touring schedule of a younger band. 
  • Why not Portland Maine or New Hampshire or Vermont shows what’s up with that PJ c’mon be adventurous! You guys feel like elephants always walk the same path by the way I love Elephants! But for reelszzz you have become too predictable on your touring paths! Happy 2024 

Counter point: Queens' drummer is in his late 40s & their bassist is in his 30s. The rest of the band is < 54 yo.

Pearl Jam's rhythm section is > 60 years old. Those instruments aren't easy to play for 2 hours a night. 

I don't think it's realistic to expect PJ to match the touring schedule of a younger band. 
    The stones are doing 19 shows in 3 months, again augmented by younger (and not so young, Steve Jordan on drums in his 60s)musicians but Keith and Mick 80+

Springsteen core band in their 70s and an extensive tour planned 

• BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360

Then there's The Cure who still do 3-night runs and 2.5+hr shows, but most of their material isn't quite as.. I guess physically taxing as PJ's might be.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,622
    STOP using the age issue... 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    STOP using the age issue... 
    This.
    Rush played 3 hour shows their whole career.
    Older bands choose to tour extensively.
    Age isn't the issue it's something else.

PJ will do what they want when they want. 

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    I'm gonna guess that the allure of playing at Fenway is more attractive than any location in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont, let alone the Manchester and Portland hockey arenas. I hate seeing concerts at Fenway, but if I was a performer taking the stage there, I don't think it would get old.

I would love it if they played a show in Maine and a show in NH leading up to the Fenway shows, but that just doesn't feel like their style these days.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804

Guns N Roses are in their late 50s and have been doing 3hr plus shows since 2016 (excluding the covid years). 50 shows in the second half of last year alone.
    Kearnsy
    Yeah, as a 46yo bass player, I will absofuckinglutely use the age issue. 

Musicians touring in their 70s & 80s is the aberration, not the norm. 
    mpedone said:
    I'm gonna guess that the allure of playing at Fenway is more attractive than any location in Maine, New Hampshire, or Vermont, let alone the Manchester and Portland hockey arenas. I hate seeing concerts at Fenway, but if I was a performer taking the stage there, I don't think it would get old.

I would love it if they played a show in Maine and a show in NH leading up to the Fenway shows, but that just doesn't feel like their style these days.
    Don't discount the fact that they can sell twice as many tickets for one night at Fenway as they could for one night at the Garden. 

From a purely business standpoint, playing Fenway is a no brainer if they can sell it out. 
  • I can see them playing Gilford as it is becoming the “it” place to play for artists.

Maybe it isn't age. 

Maybe they're just tired of playing for such a whiny fan base. We have no way of knowing. 
  • brewdog123brewdog123 Posts: 649
    edited January 3
    the age excuse is ridiculous. grasping at straws
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22

Maybe it isn't age. 

Maybe they're just tired of playing for such a whiny fan base. We have no way of knowing. 
    they barely play?!?!
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • I wonder what the first actual leaked date/venue will be via a ticket vendor. Something will eventually.
  • njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 599

Phil Lesh called, wanted me to tell you to grow a pair. 

Maybe it isn't age. 

they barely play?!?!
    Exactly. 
    njhaley1 said:

Cool story, bro. 
    njhaley1 said:

so does bootsy collins, sting, gene simmons, flea, john paul jones, duff mckagan, tony levin, george porter jr, geddy lee, i could go on and on
This discussion has been closed.