The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,081
    I really have no idea what to expect on ticketing but the bigger the better on the lottery as far as I'm concerned 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,828
    Tickets will be easy for Europe and Australia.
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    just_one said:
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    Its fair to say right now we have the whole year planned what could change are the dates, a day after or before what is said here.

That being said i would love a xmas gift with the european tour announcement but as i said before i can see that happenning in the first week of january 
    Are we thinking maybe announcement Fri 5th Jan, and on sale the week after? Or it just has to be before 10th?
    europe has to be announced in the first 2 weeks of january for sure
    Could you please stop being wrong on this thread.
  • I think tour announcement within the first 2 weeks of January. 2/13 for album announcement 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,675
    pjl44 said:
    From what I've gathered reading other posts, announcing the dates all at once with a singular lottery would theoretically make it a lot more challenging for folks looking to attend multiple shows, particularly in any of the larger cities in the rumored US Leg 2 (NYC, Philly, Chicago, Boston), right?
    And thus be a benefit to local market fans who would theoretically have their hometown shows as the highest priority 
    Having an edge for local fans seems like a good idea to me. 
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,106
    edited December 2023
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:
    Its fair to say right now we have the whole year planned what could change are the dates, a day after or before what is said here.

That being said i would love a xmas gift with the european tour announcement but as i said before i can see that happenning in the first week of january 
    Are we thinking maybe announcement Fri 5th Jan, and on sale the week after? Or it just has to be before 10th?
    I might be wrong but to my defense they are changing the way they operate.thats clear as water also its just weird as hell announcing an europea tour so close , february is close. 

As someone said here, u book tours in europe with at least 6 months in advance
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 705
    just_one said:
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:

I might be wrong but to my defense they are changing the way they operate.thats clear as water also its just weird as hell announcing an europea tour so close , february is close. 

A little comparison - Blink 182 announced their world tour in October 2022 (with dates all the way up to AUS/NZ in February 2024).

Foo Fighters announced their UK tour in June 2023, which takes place in June 2024.

Taylor Swift EU/UK announced June 2023. Starts in May 2024. 

The list could go on…

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,106
    matt84 said:
    just_one said:
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:

A little comparison - Blink 182 announced their world tour in October 2022 (with dates all the way up to AUS/NZ in February 2024).

Foo Fighters announced their UK tour in June 2023, which takes place in June 2024.

The list could go on…

Thank you
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,009
    Did the last Euro tour feature a fan-to-fan resale system?
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    Not disagreeing with most bands announcing way earlier for all their shows, but late announcements by PJ became a thing over past decade or so at least for US shows. Honest question, why can’t it be a thing for Euro shows? 
  • DbongersDbongers Posts: 11
    edited December 2023
    Not disagreeing with most bands announcing way earlier for all their shows, but late announcements by PJ became a thing over past decade or so at least for US shows. Honest question, why can’t it be a thing for Euro shows? 

The 2020 tour was announced/went for sale in December 2019. And that was for July 2020. 
    Same goes for 2018. June 2018, for sale December 2017. 
    So announcing  about 6 months out seems to be the case for at least the last 2 euro tours. 

Lol I just noticed the same goes for 2014 and 2012. So yeah. 

But just seems a bit late to do that now. Latest I saw was going on general sale around the 20th of December. But you never know, Xmas present announcing the tour on 25th and sale starts Friday 29?
    Post edited by Dbongers on
    edited December 2023
    Dbongers said:

The 2020 tour was announced/went for sale in December 2019. And that was for July 2020. 
    So announcing  about 6 months out seems to be the case for at least the last 2 euro tours
    I get it’s what they did in the past. They used to give more time for US until they changed it up. I’m asking if there’s a reason I’m missing that they can’t wait until 4 months out for a Euro tour? Is there something that makes it different from a U.S. tour?
    Post edited by BloodMeridian80 on
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,272
    Dbongers said:

So announcing  about 6 months out seems to be the case for at least the last 2 euro tours
    I get it’s what they did in the past. They used to give more time for US until they changed it up. I’m asking if there’s a reason I’m missing that they can’t wait until 4 months out for a Euro tour? Is there something that makes it different from a U.S. tour?
    You are right, assuming these are all arenas, there’s absolutely nothing to stop them announcing the Euro tour 3 months before. Other bands like QOTSA have done this. In my view the only reason they previously announced in December was due to the volume of festivals. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,877
    I predict we will know when the announcement is imminent.  There will be a genuine social media buzz being generated and lots of teases and hints from people in the industry.  I don’t think it’s going to just pop up one day and take us by surprise.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,089
    It’ll happen when it happens I’m good with waiting till then! 
    The bummer is that if you are going on vacation to some of these places, and want to do tourist activities, some of them fill up a year in advance. 

Small problems.   Not Pj’s problem.  Good problems too. I went ahead and gambled and booked some nonrefundable activities (golf rounds) in Australia.   Can’t wait.
    Yeah agreed! Enjoy down under should be great shows 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • matt84 said:

The list could go on

Blink 182 hadn’t played in what 10+ years? All their shit sold out quick last year so they prolly were encouraged to strike while the iron is hot and keep booking as much as possible. Foos must’ve taken a year off when the drummer died so they are in their own unique situation..

My thoughts that may be wrong include… that unlike the bands and megastars (Taylor) above are in different places. 

The band/ management being super careful about announcing, not booking. Let’s face it, they’ve cancelled shows on the last three tours more or less, due to Eddie’s voice. That’s prolly why the last “tour” was so short. Trust me I wish he’d stop smoking cigarettes and hold back on the red wine but he isn’t. Therefore he can’t do tons of shows on a “leg” anymore. 

They also more rarely do two nights in a row at one venue anymore. Those Fenway and wrigley double headers had a day off in between them. So maybe Eddie asked or they decided what would be sustainable and wouldn’t jeopardize sending the whole crew home is ten to twelve shows then at least a month off, then ten to twelve more. Keep in mind a lot of them are family men now… and in an interview stone said Eddie is his muse and if it were up to him they’d tour every year but Eddie doesn’t want to. I wonder what y’all think???
    also I’d like to book my flight to Ireland soon. That is all.

April 29, 2003 Pepsi Arena, Albany                            September 15, 2005 Bell Center, Montreal       May 16, 2006 Meadows, Hartford

June 28, 2008  Comcast Center, Mansfield                 October 25, 2013 XL Center, Hartford               August 5, 2016 Fenway Park, Boston

August 7, 2016 Fenway Park, Boston                         September 2, 2008 Fenway Park, Boston        September 4, 2018 Fenway Park, Boston

June 22, 2024 Marlay Park, Dublin, Ireland                September 15, 2024 Fenway Park, Boston     “If I had known then, what I know now."          

"There's an upside of down." 
  • I think PJ could announce Euro with 3 months notice and still sell perfectly well.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Has anyone read/known about any of the venues for the suspected cities listed below? It seems we have NA Leg 2 figured out and maybe half of Europe. But not much Intel on venues for NA Leg 1.

Vancouver
    Portland
    Sacramento 
    LA
    Seattle
    Manchester 
    Lisbon 
    Berlin
    Barcelona 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Has anyone read/known about any of the venues for the suspected cities listed below? It seems we have NA Leg 2 figured out and maybe half of Europe. But not much Intel on venues for NA Leg 1.

Vancouver
    Portland
    Sacramento 
    LA
    Seattle
    Manchester 
    Lisbon 
    Berlin
    Barcelona 
    LA is most likely the Forum again, though it would be great if they did the Hollywood Bowl or the Greek...
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
    Has anyone read/known about any of the venues for the suspected cities listed below? It seems we have NA Leg 2 figured out and maybe half of Europe. But not much Intel on venues for NA Leg 1.

Vancouver
    Portland
    Sacramento 
    LA
    Seattle
    Manchester 
    Lisbon 
    Berlin
    Barcelona 
    I’ve heard nada, but would have to think it’s arenas for first leg -> Rogers in Van, Moda in Por, Golden 1 in Sac, Forum in LA and Climate Pledge in Sea. This just seems most likely.
  • Tickets will be easy for Europe and Australia.
    I hope for myself as a Aussie 10C member (343xxx) it’s as easy as applying for G.A and wake up the next day with a big credit card charge haha 
  • Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • on2legs said:
    I predict we will know when the announcement is imminent.  There will be a genuine social media buzz being generated and lots of teases and hints from people in the industry.  I don’t think it’s going to just pop up one day and take us by surprise.  

Indeed.

Are we still on for (something) on Feb 13th?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Damn. That's 39 dates.

The last night of the 2000 tour was bootleg #72, originally supposed to be 76.

Half the shows of the 2000 tour? I wonder if they found a second wind. Hopefully 2025 will continue the momentum.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • CopperTom said:
    Did the last Euro tour feature a fan-to-fan resale system?
    No it didn't but it would be a good thing to have this time though. 

Might see you next summer Tom!
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London O2 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London O2 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, Hyde Park 8/7/22, Hyde Park 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Dublin 22/6/24, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 891
    Is Auckland the only NZ city mentioned in the rumour mill? I'd go twice but a 3 date tour with Auckland Wellington and Christchurch would be awesome. That's just my entitled arse talking though. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Tickets will be easy for Europe and Australia.
    I hope for myself as a Aussie 10C member (343xxx) it’s as easy as applying for G.A and wake up the next day with a big credit card charge haha 
    I'm hoping so as well!!  
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 516
    matt84 said:
    just_one said:
    KidAOK said:
    just_one said:
    dani11 said:
    just_one said:

The list could go on…

This list leads to nowhere. „You annouce EU tours 6 months in advance“ is bollocks. You could find as many examples that had shorter notice. NIN in 2022, Springsteen in 2016, Raconteurs in 2019, Royal Blood in 2023, Macca in 2016, Stones always.

It just depends on risk management and bands‘ decisions. Announce the summer EU leg in February is not uncommon at all. Especially with so few shows.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,367
    Tickets will be easy for Europe and Australia.
    Me too. Hoping I don't have to pay one of these guys!

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,081
    Whatever their reasons are for announcing when they do, I think it's pretty cool that they are getting fan club members this information in advance via semi-official channels. There is more than enough to go on if you want to make tentative vacation requests, book refundable rooms, etc. 
This discussion has been closed.