The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Jamer196 said:
    Just hope that a full announcement comes with separate lottery, otherwise people that go to different legs and places of the tour get priority f€&@!#…
    Wow.. selfish much? 
  • kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Folks don't we have enough evidence to know "final" tours and shows are just a gimmick. These are humans and artists. If they wake up in six months and want to play music together they will. Don't invest too much in the "end."

I saw the tour AFTER the Kiss Farewell tour.

This was in 2003.
    Cher has been on her farewell tour since 2001. It has been a long goodbye.

The Who have her beat by about 15 years.
  • KJ228171 said:
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Folks don't we have enough evidence to know "final" tours and shows are just a gimmick. These are humans and artists. If they wake up in six months and want to play music together they will. Don't invest too much in the "end."

This was in 2003.

I hate that this thread has devolved into “final tour” refund discussion but I don’t member the who doing this until just before covid when Pete was worried about permanent hearing loss.
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,040
    Ryan said:
    troll565 said:
    Ryan said:
    troll565 said:
    so does that leave Missoula without any rumored date?
    I think it’s assumed that Missoula will be sometime between August 21 and 24.
    there's already an event 8/24 (and 8/28). so probably 8/22 or 23 i guess
    It’s uncertain as of yet for a venue in Missoula though.  They could go back to the 7000 seat Adams Center, or Grizzly Stadium. 
    The arena might make sense for 2024 with so many other PNW shows seemingly booked.  
    I think they were around 9500+ on the seating last time at adams center. Seems unlikely to me they’ll do the stadium again with two other shows so close, would be the most concerts there in a summer probably ever that close together. Kettlehouse amphitheater would be cool but very difficult to get a ticket to even if they did two nights. My money is on the adam’s center.
  • Jamer196 said:
    Just hope that a full announcement comes with separate lottery, otherwise people that go to different legs and places of the tour get priority f€&@!#…
    Wow.. selfish much? 
    Wouldn’t even say selfish. It’s a legitimate thought. I too hope they do separate lotteries. My girlfriend and I are planning our vacation this year around the May dates. I’m also at Wrigley 30+ times a year. Not sure it’s selfish to want a chance for good tickets for both cities. That’s what this membership is for. 
    I’ll also be happy to be in the building like always, no matter where it is 
  • AUSTRALIA ….. wooooooo it’s been a long 10 years !!! 
  • AUSTRALIA ….. wooooooo it’s been a long 10 years !!! 
    For sure can't wait.
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 516
    What was the problem during the last US tour lottery? What did go wrong?
  • CarlislebjCarlislebj Posts: 151
    edited December 2023
    Can someone explain the seniority system and tickets? Seniority is used for reserved seating only not GA? Or GA and Seating? So you can select GA first and then seating 2nd option? No Aussie shows have used the lottery.. 2009 their last Aussie tour ex festival in 2014 … thanks 343xxx member so hoping for some luck haha.. 
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,106
    by now we know the whole tour for 2024 , its just a matter of waiting for when they announce it...
    JackD. said:
    What was the problem during the last US tour lottery? What did go wrong?
    i think people didnt liked the location of seated , i for once just want to be in the building (glad though that in europe we dont have seats behind the stage)
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 374
    The problem was that we got reassigned 2 times for different seats. Win with good seats, no wait seats are wrong, new worst seats, no wait not the right seats again and finally here are your seats …
    Personally I was happy to be in and the good part is that me and my wife got 4 seats right next to each other so all family was seated together.
  • Jamer196 said:
    The problem was that we got reassigned 2 times for different seats. Win with good seats, no wait seats are wrong, new worst seats, no wait not the right seats again and finally here are your seats …
    Personally I was happy to be in and the good part is that me and my wife got 4 seats right next to each other so all family was seated together.
    I changed my seats 4-5 x with F2F for the st Paul shows. Ended up with great seats. 
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 374
    The case was that Ticketmaster or TicketsToday changed the seats not the people.
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 516
    Thank you!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,659
    KJ228171 said:
    kaw753 said:
    pjl44 said:

This was in 2003.

They've been on a final tour for 40+ years.
    I went to the first "last" show in Toronto in 1982
  • approappro Posts: 6
    Can someone explain the seniority system and tickets? Seniority is used for reserved seating only not GA? Or GA and Seating? So you can select GA first and then seating 2nd option? No Aussie shows have used the lottery.. 2009 their last Aussie tour ex festival in 2014 … thanks 343xxx member so hoping for some luck haha.. 
    First post - hi all.

On this topic. I'm only interested in standing tickets (I'm in the UK). Can I just choose GA and not a second (seated) option?
  • AponeApone Posts: 586
    appro said:
    First post - hi all.

On this topic. I'm only interested in standing tickets (I'm in the UK). Can I just choose GA and not a second (seated) option?
    Yes
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2; 2024: Manchester, London
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,436
    There were 2 problems with the lottery last time- priority and seniority. As an example of priority, I put one of the Chicago shows as my 4th choice thinking there was basically no way I would get it, and I got it. Meanwhile, some other people who had put that same show as their 1st or 2nd priority didn’t get it, which doesn’t make sense. At least in prior lotteries the way it worked was 10c would take the available allotment of tickets for a show and randomly draw the numbers of those who had put it as their 1st priority, then if there were any tickets remaining, they would move on to those who put it as their 2nd priority, then 3rd priority, etc. So at least under the previous system, there would have been no way for someone who put a show as their 3rd or 4th priority to win over someone who picked it as their 1st or 2nd priority. But for whatever reason, this was not the way that the most recent lottery seemed to work. 

The second problem was seniority. Due to an error in the seating assignments, the reserved seats initially were not assigned by seniority. As a result, 10c did a seating reassignment. Then they did a second reassignment. 

I believe in the end most (but not all) of the seniority seating assignments were fixed (but I vaguely remember seeing a couple posts by people with very low 10c numbers who somehow still ended up in the 300 level in Chicago). However, I don’t believe 10c ever addressed the priority issue. Hopefully both issues will be fixed this time around. 
  • approappro Posts: 6
    Apone said:
    appro said:
    First post - hi all.

Yes
    Cheers!
  • GT1015 said:
    I'm losing hope.  Do you think they will announce any other shows this year... I live in London but will go anywhere else in Europe   Im thinking that June at the 02 may be out  

Do you think that they won't play O2 or won't play London??  Not sure why I could not post outside of your box. 
    I think they may not Play London at all, You normally put London shows on sale for at least 6 months in advance
  • I'm losing hope.  Do you think they will announce any other shows this year... I live in London but will go anywhere else in Europe   Im thinking that June at the 02 may be out  
    They already teased a London show on twitter 

REALLY?  WHen?  
  • GT1015 said:
    I'm losing hope.  Do you think they will announce any other shows this year... I live in London but will go anywhere else in Europe   Im thinking that June at the 02 may be out  

Do you think that they won't play O2 or won't play London??  Not sure why I could not post outside of your box. 
    I think they may not Play London at all, You normally put London shows on sale for at least 6 months in advance
    It's not 6 months yet 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,877
    steven87 said:
    There were 2 problems with the lottery last time- priority and seniority. As an example of priority, I put one of the Chicago shows as my 4th choice thinking there was basically no way I would get it, and I got it. Meanwhile, some other people who had put that same show as their 1st or 2nd priority didn’t get it, which doesn’t make sense. At least in prior lotteries the way it worked was 10c would take the available allotment of tickets for a show and randomly draw the numbers of those who had put it as their 1st priority, then if there were any tickets remaining, they would move on to those who put it as their 2nd priority, then 3rd priority, etc. So at least under the previous system, there would have been no way for someone who put a show as their 3rd or 4th priority to win over someone who picked it as their 1st or 2nd priority. But for whatever reason, this was not the way that the most recent lottery seemed to work. 

The second problem was seniority. Due to an error in the seating assignments, the reserved seats initially were not assigned by seniority. As a result, 10c did a seating reassignment. Then they did a second reassignment. 

I believe in the end most (but not all) of the seniority seating assignments were fixed (but I vaguely remember seeing a couple posts by people with very low 10c numbers who somehow still ended up in the 300 level in Chicago). However, I don’t believe 10c ever addressed the priority issue. Hopefully both issues will be fixed this time around. 
    Totally agree with all your points.  It was such a flawed process on all those levels that hopefully they will be really diligent in making sure it runs correctly this time around. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• I'm losing hope.  Do you think they will announce any other shows this year... I live in London but will go anywhere else in Europe   Im thinking that June at the 02 may be out  
    They already teased a London show on twitter 

REALLY?  WHen?  
    Looking like 28/29 June in London. Probably O2 but the dates do line up with BST tho this is highly unlikely given the fact they only headlined it last year.
    GT1015 said:

More reasons for the early january europe announcement 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    steven87 said:

The 3rd problem was the few posters that insisted the process worked as described, and 4th, a somewhat slow response by Ten Club. 

Seriously though, I think they seemed to fix it all for the most part. There were definitely a few ‘priority’ issues at the end, but they didn’t seem to be many, and then you have to wonder if it was ‘user’ error. Here’s to hoping it’ll go smooth this time!

• Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 684
    GT1015 said:

They are playing London for sure.  Unless something crazy happens of course lol.
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
    edited December 2023
    i would really love to know what crossed their minds to change how they announce the european tour...

right now amazing flight prices from lisbon to london for the day before the show 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,799
    just_one said:
    i would really love to know what crossed their minds to change how they announce the european tour...

right now amazing flight prices from lisbon to london for the day before the show 
    Maybe they read this thread and have listened to the people who wished to have the full tour announced in one go.
    Kearnsy
This discussion has been closed.