The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,632
    Bunting10 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Bunting10 said:
    Alright question on strategy.  I may only be able to get to the 2 Fenway shows next year.  I have a 163xxx number.  My wife wants to go to the Sunday show but would probably skip the Tuesday show and I’d take a friend. Assuming ticketing is the same as the last couple of tours, Should I sign her up and have her put in GA/seated (i think that was an option?) and then i put in first priority for Tuesday with a second priority for Sunday (ga/seated for both)?  Then if we both get Sunday I can sell one of our sets fan 2 fan, Is that the best move?  My membership number will be astronomically better than hers so if we end up with hers for seated on Sunday I may regret this hahaha.

I have never done the fan 2 fan process yet, is it easy?
    If you want to try for GA with F2F, be prepared to treat it like a full time job.

I want to sell them not buy them
    Oh. That is really easy then. 
  • You can also win GA and try to trade for good seats
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,436
    Bunting10 said:
    Alright question on strategy.  I may only be able to get to the 2 Fenway shows next year.  I have a 163xxx number.  My wife wants to go to the Sunday show but would probably skip the Tuesday show and I’d take a friend. Assuming ticketing is the same as the last couple of tours, Should I sign her up and have her put in GA/seated (i think that was an option?) and then i put in first priority for Tuesday with a second priority for Sunday (ga/seated for both)?  Then if we both get Sunday I can sell one of our sets fan 2 fan, Is that the best move?  My membership number will be astronomically better than hers so if we end up with hers for seated on Sunday I may regret this hahaha.

I have never done the fan 2 fan process yet, is it easy?
    There was no GA for Fenway in 2016 and 2018, so if that holds true this time around, I don’t see any benefit to getting her a 10c account. Also, based on the large number of seats available, you’ll probably have a good chance at scoring tickets to both nights through your account (I did in 2018). I’m also wondering whether they will have F2F for the ballpark shows. F2F is run by Ticketmaster, so if the ballpark shows are sold through the ballpark websites (as in the past), instead of through TM, then there won’t be F2F for those shows. The more recent ballpark shows I’ve been to from other bands have been through TM, so I’m hoping that’s the case this time around and that F2F will be available for the ballpark shows, but we’ll have to see. 
  • Zen23Zen23 Posts: 451
    edited December 2023
    Robbert said:
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    Sometimes I wonder how much the band is involved in tour planning and management.

The tour is planned for months now and they could have started with pretty much any option they want. So if they wanted to play Prague and Vienna to make up for the cancelled shows they could have. Easily.

So someone made the concious decision to play Dublin and Manchester instead of Prague and Vienna. And I just do not get why.
    Also you need to remember that the U.K. and Germany have the most fans in Europe, primarily as the two largest countries, and have some of the best airport links. Around 68m in the U.K. and 83m in Germany vs around 10-20m in many of those countries mentioned. No different with other bands. Eg the vast majority of the recent QOTSA tour was in U.K. and Germany with just an odd few shows in Ireland and the BeNeLux countries. They skipped everywhere else. 
    And yet those smaller countrys (with les fans) sell out quicker than those 2 bigger ones. Funny how that works
     That has to do with the venue as well..
    when they sale 2 nights in hyde park with capacity of 70 k per night its slower the sell out than 12k is the venue in Budapest for one night
    also Germany has alot of times slow time to sold out than other countries.+ they have their own system to resale face value ticket through original ticket vendor so fans its more safe to search later for tickets for face value
    Yeah true. For Germany it was the last time last year. Tickets.de is out of the air. Wonder how quick tickets will be gone next year. 
    I'm curious to see who will be selling tickets in Germany from now on. After tickets.de had to close its business. If it's the Waldbühne in Berlin, Eventim will certainly take over. They are also the official operator of the Waldbühne. They also have an official fansale. Even for real tickets that have been sent out. However, the fansale fees are a bit outrageously high. But it works well. I've used it several times without any problems.
    Post edited by Zen23 on
  • Are we thinking AO arena for Manchester?

No, more than likely the new Co-Op Live Arena, scheduled to open in April, but already has a ton of bands lined up to play:

There's a little window between the Killers and Liam Gallagher for the rumoured Manchester date if its at the new Co-op arena.
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,040
    mikeyb107 said:
    Marlay park isn’t as bad a venue as people are making it out to be, book onto one of the private buses for it and you’ll have no issue 
    Do the private buses get you back into Dublin after the show? 

Do you have details of how to book those or where I would look?

and is it possible to get an uber there too?
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,801
    pdalowsky said:
    mikeyb107 said:
    Marlay park isn’t as bad a venue as people are making it out to be, book onto one of the private buses for it and you’ll have no issue 

Private busses, as in shuttle busses, yes.  

https://marathongroup.ie/collections/marlay-park-concerts

I have never uses an uber but would assume so. 
    Kearnsy
  • Any chance to get the euro announcement today?
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • JABKJABK Posts: 346
    Any chance to get the euro announcement today?
    Well I think today is the last chance to get the announcement this year...
    I really doubt it at this stage.
    Kearnsy
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,106
    Kearn5y said:
    I really doubt it at this stage.
    Me too, Unfortunally we have to wait for the first 2 weeks of january. Hopefully thats the Window for the annoucement 
  • NOS Alive and Mad Cool, are they like "city festivals" or "catching a bus out to a field out in nowhere" festivals?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    NOS Alive and Mad Cool, are they like "city festivals" or "catching a bus out to a field out in nowhere" festivals?
    Nos alive is a city festival
  • just_one said:
    NOS Alive and Mad Cool, are they like "city festivals" or "catching a bus out to a field out in nowhere" festivals?
    Heard it's the greatest city in Europe to run in also. Done deal then!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Jamer196Jamer196 Posts: 374
    just_one said:
    Heard it's the greatest city in Europe to run in also. Done deal then!
    It’s a city Festival but not Lisbon it’s in Algês but easy to get to and from Lisbon. 
    After the show it’s takes “some” time to get out because there’s a lot of people, but good organized by the police always under their watch.
  • Mad cool is a city one but it's chaos, I don't recommend it at all.
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    Kearn5y said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mikeyb107 said:

Would like to be out there for the merch before the first bus.  I'd assume they'd let you buy a ticket and only use it for the return, it'll be finding them that will be the problem if I don't see where they drop off!
    KidAOK said:
    Kearn5y said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mikeyb107 said:

Would like to be out there for the merch before the first bus.  I'd assume they'd let you buy a ticket and only use it for the return, it'll be finding them that will be the problem if I don't see where they drop off!
    If you are prepared to give up your day for merch, get the Green Luas line to the nearest stop (Ballally) which is a 30min walk away or just get the no.16 or No. 116 Dublin Bus out which I think passes by or very close by.
    Kearnsy
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    It sure seems to be heading towards the direction of a February announcement for all tour dates except the festivals.  Sounds like Bottlerock will be announced next month but that's it.  I think we'll get everything in one big announcement in February, all tour dates for 2024, album announcement and first single.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • EMC77EMC77 Posts: 131
    hadrielia said:
    Mad cool is a city one but it's chaos, I don't recommend it at all.

There's no public transport in Madrid by the time the festival is over. Last underground is at 1:30 and trains don't run from 0am to 5am (aprox). I guess it depends on the time PJ starts because these festivals schedule headliners at about 23:30
  • KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 101
    Kearn5y said:
    KidAOK said:
    Kearn5y said:
    pdalowsky said:
    mikeyb107 said:

If you are prepared to give up your day for merch, get the Green Luas line to the nearest stop (Ballally) which is a 30min walk away or just get the no.16 or No. 116 Dublin Bus out which I think passes by or very close by.
    Will be out there drinking anyway, much prefer that to town.  Think it was the coach I was in last time.  Not a big deal heading over for an hour or two to grab what I want.  Bus numbers help though, cheers.
    It sure seems to be heading towards the direction of a February announcement for all tour dates except the festivals.  Sounds like Bottlerock will be announced next month but that's it.  I think we'll get everything in one big announcement in February, all tour dates for 2024, album announcement and first single.
    I agree. Seems that way.
    yes, but why told us to keep our memberhisp update? We wouldn't want you to miss out on anything! sounds clearly enough, Maybe it's only my idea.
    Milan 2014, Trieste 2014, Milan 2018, Padua 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2022, Imola 2022, Frankfurt 2022, Wien 2022, Prague 2022, Amsterdam-1 2022
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 705
    February would suck, especially for everyone wanting to plan holidays and travel.
    matt84 said:
    February would suck, especially for everyone wanting to plan holidays and travel.
    yeah , i believe it will be in mid january, at least the euro tour.

as far as i can remember they never announced 2 tours at once but then again they never announced european festivals first and then the rest so...
    yes, but why told us to keep our memberhisp update? We wouldn't want you to miss out on anything! sounds clearly enough, Maybe it's only my idea.
    I wonder if something changed at the last minute and that delayed it.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    yeah that also is strange, why remember us of the membership to only announce something 2 months away (if its january)
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,892
    just_one said:
    yeah that also is strange, why remember us of the membership to only announce something 2 months away (if its january)
    Not the first time.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Up to nine, we get Fenway. Looking good!

That said, didn't they announce Gigaton and the subsequent tour in Jan 2020? And that tour started like two months later. If so, then seeing an announcement in the new year seems to be on brand.
  • No chance they announce today. They want to do the 10 of PJ to announce 10 of the cities. Could announce Wed/Thur and let the lotto run through the end of the year or just announce early Jan. I also do not think they want to return in January with 10k emails with questions about the lotto. Next year it is! 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14