• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,676
    Portugal ticket purchased.  
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 514
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    Wondering if we will get an email at 10am pacific / 6pm U.K. time today. My only other thought is whether it will be next week - gives Madrid 1 week to sell before the Barcelona shows are announced. Not sure how much it impacts things but the general sale for the Slipknot tour is on Friday (plus potentially others). Wondering whether some of these announcements are staggered so that Ticketmaster etc can handle the website traffic.
    General sale for Mad Cool starts Friday, 15 December. So if the festivals payed the band for dibs on ticket sales, we won‘t see additional tour dates this year.
    Very close to Christmas but I don’t think it’s impossible they announce arenas next Monday 18th, 10c presale then general sale Friday 22nd.
    Onsales for any kind of event so close to Christmas are extremely rare, as things like customer support, ticket postage, … are more complicated.
  • Options
    Ok, they have a sale.  Time for the rest of the announcement now…
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    LinhasportLinhasport Porto - Portugal Posts: 61
    Me too, now just wait for the rest and we willl see 
  • Options
    Likely some agreement with the fests to let them sell tix for x days before more European dates are announced.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760
    Likely some agreement with the fests to let them sell tix for x days before more European dates are announced.
    Yeah, especially since two of the rumored dates are Barcelona.  
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,339
    My guess is if the rest of the European tour dates don’t come out within the next few days, they’re waiting until the new year to release them. There isn’t much time left for a presale before Christmas. So I’m thinking the rest of the European dates come out the second week of January, and then US leg 1 on 2/13. 
  • Options
    There is plenty of time to do the presale before Christmas. They have done it later than this date before. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    Wondering if we will get an email at 10am pacific / 6pm U.K. time today. My only other thought is whether it will be next week - gives Madrid 1 week to sell before the Barcelona shows are announced. Not sure how much it impacts things but the general sale for the Slipknot tour is on Friday (plus potentially others). Wondering whether some of these announcements are staggered so that Ticketmaster etc can handle the website traffic.
    General sale for Mad Cool starts Friday, 15 December. So if the festivals payed the band for dibs on ticket sales, we won‘t see additional tour dates this year.
    Very close to Christmas but I don’t think it’s impossible they announce arenas next Monday 18th, 10c presale then general sale Friday 22nd.
    I don't think that timeline works.
    Don't they usually give 5 days or a full week to enter the lottery, then pull the lottery winners over the next day or 2, then put on general sale?
    If they are going to announce it before January, seems like it'd have to be today. But I see a January announcement much more likely. Especially with all the issues they've had in the past, they don't want to be dealing with that when most of the shop is closed for business.
  • Options
    I went to Mad Cool on 2018 (flew from UK) to see Pearl Jam, PJ were great and it was a very highly anticipated show for me. But mad cools organisation was crap, we had to queue for like 2 hours in the heat to get in because of technical problems with ticket scanners, but they took all out liquids off us before the queue! When we got in lots of sound bleeding problems too between stages, to the point some acts pulled out completely. My girlfriend got heat stroke and struggled to make it through the gig. 

For those who haven't been to a Spanish festival before, pearl jam will come on about midnight, and the last act will finish about 4am, so be mindful of your sleeping pattern if you want to go for the whole festival, as I imagine you're not used to doing 3 or 4 4am stints back to back in top of Madrid sightseeing
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice and sucks you had such a bad day.

I will be sightseeing up until PJ takes the stage in Portugal.   Not worth it to stand in a field all day.  Really excited to visit Spain and Portugal for the first time.
  • Options
    KusyKusy Posts: 351
    Been at Mad Cool in 2019 and 2022 (it was fine!), but then they changed the venue for a place in a middle of knowhere. And I've read that last year it was a mess. 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,682
    Kearn5y said:
    There is plenty of time to do the presale before Christmas. They have done it later than this date before. 
    Not happening.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Not happening.
    Why do you think so
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 411
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    Onsales for any kind of event so close to Christmas are extremely rare, as things like customer support, ticket postage, … are more complicated.
    There's no point for any of this speculation.
    It'll happen when it happens
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 411
    100 Pacer said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Not happening.
    If it doesn't happen today then I agree.
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    edited December 2023
    Great year ahead 
    If all goes as plan I'll do 10 shows total next year
    4+4+2

Wish could do the show on my birthday but  is a no travel month for me cos I'm transfer back home with work plus I need 20 days Vacation  for the  last 6 shows of the year. 

Money is the issue ofcourse cos it's big trip one I'm planning. Hopefully all will work out. 
    First PJ  and later the bank. 

All well. 
    Seeya on  the road. Have a good tour year everyone 

@dimitrispearljam Would be great to meet you in Toronto!? 
    Post edited by euchrid on
  • Options
    EMC77EMC77 Almería, Spain Posts: 129
    edited December 2023
    Kusy said:
    Been at Mad Cool in 2019 and 2022 (it was fine!), but then they changed the venue for a place in a middle of knowhere. And I've read that last year it was a mess. 

This year the festival was sued by Getafe's town hall because of the noise. In Spain people call that venue "Mordor". There was an article in a newspaper calling it "the worst festival ever". The capacity was 80000 people and there were very long qeues for everything: toilets, food, drinks... In 2024 the capacity will be 60000. I don't know if that will solve any problems.
    Post edited by EMC77 on
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 514
    seanclax said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    Cool, nice to know. Could you ask Santos or Sea to close the thread? No point to still have it if there is no point for speculation.
  • Options
    Wait, is this Lisbon, Portugal or the Moxie Festival in Lisbon, Maine. 
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,366
    JackD. said:
    seanclax said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    Cool, nice to know. Could you ask Santos or Sea to close the thread? No point to still have it if there is no point for speculation.
    THE END
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    It has begun!!!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    My favorite posts in this thread are always the folks who intentionally click on a thread that says "Rumor Thread" right at the top and then get mad when there IS NO VERIFIED TOUR INFORMATION HERE!
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,937
    seanclax said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    Seems like an odd take for a guy with 208 posts, of which at least 104 are one liners in this thread.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 418
    seanclax said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    It will happen when it happens? Wow. Another one like that. Definitely my favorite after "Just wait for the announcement."
  • Options
    As a water bead on a lotus leaf, as water on a red lily, does not adhere, so the sage does not adhere to the seen, the heard, or the sensed.
  • Options
    Great year ahead 
    If all goes as plan I'll do 10 shows total next year
    4+4+2

Wish could do the show on my birthday but  is a no travel month for me cos I'm transfer back home with work plus I need 20 days Vacation  for the  last 6 shows of the year. 

Money is the issue ofcourse cos it's big trip one I'm planning. Hopefully all will work out. 
    First PJ  and later the bank. 

All well. 
    Seeya on  the road. Have a good tour year everyone 

Will we see you here in the continental US?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    Dimmi on tour 😀
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    damnaxedamnaxe Posts: 135
    is that it for today? mad cool and nos!? little bit disappointing isn't it? maybe the rest tomorrow?
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    Are you kidding? From all possible outcomes they choose to announce JUST the festivals?

boooooooo…

I'm guessing they get some lead time to sell tickets.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
This discussion has been closed.