Options

Ohana Pricing history & logistics

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,412
    edited April 2023
    Single day tix are an amazing bargain!!! Prices didn't go up! Best value out there!!
    Post edited by gotthebottle on
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    We stayed in San Clemente and really liked it. Long walk though. I know some people biked it but that might not be the best at night.
    Did you try to get an Uber but couldn't?  I've considered San Clemente but was worried about the Uber situation.  We ended up staying at the Waldorf which is the other way.  Walked about two blocks and then got an Uber pretty easily back to the hotel. 
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,496
    mrussel1 said:
    We stayed in San Clemente and really liked it. Long walk though. I know some people biked it but that might not be the best at night.
    Did you try to get an Uber but couldn't?  I've considered San Clemente but was worried about the Uber situation.  We ended up staying at the Waldorf which is the other way.  Walked about two blocks and then got an Uber pretty easily back to the hotel. 
    I’ve stayed in San Juan Capistrano and had no issue with Uber. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    After the show?  You were able to get an uber quickly?
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Just cancelled Best Western in Dana Point. 
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 757
    edited April 2023
    demetrios said:
    signs that you may be price gouging...
    Post edited by danofun on
  • Options
    Just cancelled Best Western in Dana Point. 
    That doesn't really help anyone
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,557
    Anyone have experience camping at Ohana (Doheny State Beach)? Managed to secure a site for the first time ever so looking for any advice, recommendations, warnings, etc. 
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    Anyone have experience camping at Ohana (Doheny State Beach)? Managed to secure a site for the first time ever so looking for any advice, recommendations, warnings, etc. 
    Lucky you... not sure what you need but it's a campsite off the beach so lock your stuff when you're gone and enjoy the location 
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 993
    edited April 2023
    Hi Fam - if anyone is thinking of grabbing the 3-day GA pass, I have some to sell.  Long story but I have a group of 8 friends/family that was planning to go to Sea Hear Now (we have VIP passes) and once Ohana lineup dropped, I made the pitch to switch (because of EV, the overall festival setting/vibe, Glenn, and for me War on Drugs and Goose - both AMAZING). So, I bought passes for my group with a soft commitment from all and now 2 of the 8 have backed out (which basically means we are all sticking with the original plan and going to SHN). I am likely going to Ohana anyway with my wife/kids, but I will have wristbands to move (face value of course).

So, to make a long story even longer, if you are thinking of getting the 3 day GA pass, please help me out and message me.  My wife will probably leave me if I get stuck with all these passes...  Thank you for considering!!

Dan
    Post edited by danlee1095 on
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 198
    Nice work. Getting a campsite at Doheny during Ohana Fest is harder than getting into the pit at MSG, I swear to god. It’s like a competitive sport. We camped there last year and for this year I’ve managed to grab a Friday and Sunday site so far and still hoping to snag someone’s cancelled Saturday site as the festival gets closer.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me but otherwise, lock up your stuff when you’re not at your site like @gotthebottle said and enjoy the awesome campground, beautiful beach, and short walk through the sand to and from the festival. Oh, and don’t try to enter the campground before exactly 2pm on check in day or they’ll send you away just to come back and get in line again at 2.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,663
    Hi Fam - if anyone is thinking of grabbing the 3-day GA pass, I have some to sell.  Long story but I have a group of 8 friends/family that was planning to go to Sea Hear Now (we have VIP passes) and once Ohana lineup dropped, I made the pitch to switch (because of EV, the overall festival setting/vibe, Glenn, and for me War on Drugs and Goose - both AMAZING). So, I bought passes for my group with a soft commitment from all and now 2 of the 8 have backed out (which basically means we are all sticking with the original plan and going to SHN). I am likely going to Ohana anyway with my wife/kids, but I will have wristbands to move (face value of course).

So, to make a long story even longer, if you are thinking of getting the 3 day GA pass, please help me out and message me.  My wife will probably leave me if I get stuck with all these passes...  Thank you for considering!!

Dan

As it gets closer to the show and if you still have the tickets, it might be a good idea to post this in Given to Fly. When there's a normal tour, people post tickets for sale there, and some also do in Lost Dogs.
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 993

Dan

As it gets closer to the show and if you still have the tickets, it might be a good idea to post this in Given to Fly. When there's a normal tour, people post tickets for sale there, and some also do in Lost Dogs.
    Thank you!!  Also looks like GA 3-Day passes now sold out so that will help.
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL)
  • Options
    PinoyPJPinoyPJ Los Angeles, CA Posts: 202
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    post show uber sucked.
    ride amongst the waves...
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    PinoyPJ said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    post show uber sucked.
    right, that's the challenge I'm struggling with.  Getting there was zero problem. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PinoyPJ said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    post show uber sucked.
    right, that's the challenge I'm struggling with.  Getting there was zero problem. 
    You have to realize it's an area that isn't used to needing that many ubers at one time, not like an arena show. Pre- book rideshare if you can otherwise just chill cause it's the way it is at Ohana....
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PinoyPJ said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    post show uber sucked.
    You have to realize it's an area that isn't used to needing that many ubers at one time, not like an arena show. Pre- book rideshare if you can otherwise just chill cause it's the way it is at Ohana....
    Last year we had a better option.  OUr friends were staying at the doubletree and had a free parking they weren't using.  So we rented a car and just parked it there even though we were staying at the Waldorf.  That was super easy.  I did that because I presumed that getting an Uber would be brutal after the show, leading to my question.  
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    If anyone is staying at Doubletree, BW Marina, or Marina Inn, can you DM me? Got a question or two🙏
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,248
    Go Animal said:
    If anyone is staying at Doubletree, BW Marina, or Marina Inn, can you DM me? Got a question or two🙏
    @Go Animal Do you still have a question? I’m not going this year but have stayed at that BW in the past.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    jgregory89jgregory89 Las Vegas Posts: 136
    Last year I had an airbnb in San Clemente and rented an E-Bike for most of the weekend.  I cruised down to the show on the bike, parked and locked it in the bike parking section.  Then when the show was over, hopped back on the bike a little buzzed, and cruised back.  It was awesome. I was back at the apartment in 20 minutes or so.  
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Post show Uber is a nightmare. We go to the rib joint after the fest. Order doubles, get some decent grub, and hear a mediocre cover band for awhile until prices come down and more cars are available. It's a dive, but it has great character. Do not expect much and have a good time!