Options

Ohana Pricing history & logistics

mrz200mrz200 Posts: 76
2023 prices coming Tuesday I guess... anyone recall what GA & VIP have been in past years?  The super VIP comes with a room at the hotel down the street, which has to be worth $5-$600 / night??

for lodging, there's airbnb's south of Dana Point in San Clemente area, which looks like a cute area and (in a pinch, not Plan A) walkable from the fest.  Anyone familiar with the area?

We were in Amsterdam last summer for my wife's birthday and the show PJ didn't play.  flew home on 7/25. 
My wife's takeaway: go to more shows. 
My takeaway: make sure your PJ travel destination is a good one in the event they don't play.  Ohana fits the bill!

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,411
    PM me if you like info..I go to Ohana every year and can help
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    We stayed in San Clemente and really liked it. Long walk though. I know some people biked it but that might not be the best at night.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,248
    Watch for news about the shuttle and stay near the shuttle’s origin.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Watch for news about the shuttle and stay near the shuttle’s origin.  
    That was originally why we booked there...but then they moved the shuttle location. We just ended up driving from SC to the shuttle each time. Not too bad but the ride home at night did kind of suck.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,248
    Well yeah as SC is south of the venue and the new shuttle location north.  The year they switched it for some unknown reason I had booked at SC for a medium price and near the new location for a low price and it was like winning the lottery when they changed the location!
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    mrz200mrz200 Posts: 76
    nice thanks folks, the shuttle info is great.  I'm gonna keep an eye out for that.

anyone got other band ideas for this year?  There's 2 east coast festivals the same weekend, with similar lineups.  Ohana would be a haul for sure but could happen with some of those acts.

Jack Johnson on Sat 9/30 (9/29 he's in MD),
    Alanis on 9/30 (9/29 she's in MD, 10/1 she's in CT)
    Goose on 9/30 - they are in CA that week and have a blurred out date for 9/30 on their tour page
    Grace Potter on 9/29 or 9/30 (10/1 in MD)
    RHCP on 9/29 or 10/1 (9/30 in CT)

My Morning Jacket is open that weekend, but have 4 dates in CA in August,

• Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 540
    I originally thought the Foos were but if PJ is playing the festival now I’m unsure. I think QOTSA is an under the radar choice. They’re doing some festivals and Ed was with Josh in studio in LA recently
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    Weekend Ultimate VIP: $9,950.00

Ohana Festival’s Ultimate VIP is a 2-PERSON package that includes (2) 3-Day VIP passes and delivers all the benefits of VIP admission plus the following perks:  

• 4-night stay at the Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa – conveniently located only a 5-minute (0.3 mile) walk from the Festival! Check-in date Thursday, September 28th / Check-out date Monday, October 2nd.
      • NEW FOR 2023: Same day re-entry into the festival will now be permitted exclusively for Ultimate VIP ticketholders.* Whether you want to enjoy the full-service spa, grab a bite at one of the many
        restaurants, or simply take a break from the festival to relax poolside you can take advantage of this exclusive perk to elevate your Ohana experience!
    • Complimentary Brunch Buffet at the Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa on Sat. 9/30, exclusively for Ultimate VIP ticketholders
    • Exclusive access to the Backstage Artist Guest Lounge with a full-service bar & a variety of complimentary food options
    • Dedicated Ultimate VIP shuttle service to/from the festival and hotel 
    • $200 Credit for use at all Food & Beverage concessions
    • $200 Credit for use at all Merchandise stands
    • (1) Limited Edition Ohana 2023 Poster autographed by Eddie Vedder  
    • (1) Vinyl Record of Eddie Vedder's 3rd Studio Album, Earthlings, autographed by Eddie Vedder
    • (2) Limited Edition Collectible Keepsake Laminates
    • Ultimate VIP Concierge to assist with any of your festival needs

*All persons subject to search upon re-entry.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    So $479.00 for a 3 day GA pass before fees. What are we looking at with fees? Trying to get an estimate of what it would take to make it happen.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Ohana Festival’s Ultimate VIP is a 2-PERSON package that includes (2) 3-Day VIP passes and delivers all the benefits of VIP admission plus the following perks:  

• 4-night stay at the Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa – conveniently located only a 5-minute (0.3 mile) walk from the Festival! Check-in date Thursday, September 28th / Check-out date Monday, October 2nd.
      • NEW FOR 2023: Same day re-entry into the festival will now be permitted exclusively for Ultimate VIP ticketholders.* Whether you want to enjoy the full-service spa, grab a bite at one of the many
        restaurants, or simply take a break from the festival to relax poolside you can take advantage of this exclusive perk to elevate your Ohana experience!
    • Complimentary Brunch Buffet at the Laguna Cliffs Resort & Spa on Sat. 9/30, exclusively for Ultimate VIP ticketholders
    • Exclusive access to the Backstage Artist Guest Lounge with a full-service bar & a variety of complimentary food options
    • (1) Vinyl Record of Eddie Vedder's 3rd Studio Album, Earthlings, autographed by Eddie Vedder

I don't have that kind of money to spend, but it sounds like a lot of bang for the buck honestly.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,934
    So $479.00 for a 3 day GA pass before fees. What are we looking at with fees? Trying to get an estimate of what it would take to make it happen.
    $50.50 fee per 3 day GA pass. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    $50.50 fee per 3 day GA pass. 
    Thanks!
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,956
    demetrios said:

I don't have that kind of money to spend, but it sounds like a lot of bang for the buck honestly.
    I'd do it for $5k. Ten is a bit much, IMO.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,180
    for 10k...should have 2 posters and records, being its 2 people....could get hairy :blush:
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    10 grand? Holy shit.  
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    prices are getting crazy.  $500 for a 3 day GA with how expensive hotels are make it a non-starter for us.  glad we went in '21 though and it was a blast.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,933
    Go Animal said:
    demetrios said:

Being a 2 person VIP package wouldn't they include 2 limited edition signed EV posters & 2 signed EV vinyl records? Would be tough bringing your friend or loved one along and fight for who gets the signed vinyl or who gets the signed poster.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    mrz200 said:
    2023 prices coming Tuesday I guess... anyone recall what GA & VIP have been in past years?  The super VIP comes with a room at the hotel down the street, which has to be worth $5-$600 / night??

for lodging, there's airbnb's south of Dana Point in San Clemente area, which looks like a cute area and (in a pinch, not Plan A) walkable from the fest.  Anyone familiar with the area?

We were in Amsterdam last summer for my wife's birthday and the show PJ didn't play.  flew home on 7/25. 
    My wife's takeaway: go to more shows. 
    My takeaway: make sure your PJ travel destination is a good one in the event they don't play.  Ohana fits the bill!
    Good advice, and I think Dana Point is worth visiting for Ohana or otherwise.  My wife and I fly in every year and love the city. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    Go Animal said:
    demetrios said:

Being a 2 person VIP package wouldn't they include 2 limited edition signed EV posters & 2 signed EV vinyl records? Would be tough bringing your friend or loved one along and fight for who gets the signed vinyl or who gets the signed poster.
    I am sure I could work out an agreement with my wife for joint custody. We could switch them periodically from the room I listen to records in and the living room. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    demetrios said:
    Go Animal said:
    demetrios said:

I am sure I could work out an agreement with my wife for joint custody. We could switch them periodically from the room I listen to records in and the living room. 
    It's important that each side focuses on the big picture, what's best for the merchandise.  Too often these devolve into petty squabbling about things that are unimportant.  Good for you guys. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    demetrios said:
    Go Animal said:
    demetrios said:

It's important that each side focuses on the big picture, what's best for the merchandise.  Too often these devolve into petty squabbling about things that are unimportant.  Good for you guys. 
    We somehow manage to make it work.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ComeToTX said:
    prices are getting crazy.  $500 for a 3 day GA with how expensive hotels are make it a non-starter for us.  glad we went in '21 though and it was a blast.
    Yup. We had a great time at the first weekend in 2021. We arrived a couple of days early and went to San Diego, then drove in and stayed in Laguna Hills. (by the way, quickish drive into Ohana every day - 15/20 minutes? Then park on one of the side streets and walk right in. Hotels are cheaper, too.)

Who knows, we may end up going...but I doubt it. I hope everyone that's going has a blast!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,662
    demetrios said:
    Go Animal said:
    demetrios said:

Open communication is important, and always keep in mind what’s best for the merch and sometimes you may have to set your own needs aside. 
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,264
    Go Animal said:
    demetrios said:

Same. $5K would be a solid value IMO. Ten -- it's a lot to spend on a three-day vacation. Two VIP passes = $3K; hotel = $1K Merch = $100- 150 (we don't buy much); Food = probably $300. The "Butter" wines they have give me massive headaches, so our alcohol bill will be minimal. So another $5K to stay within walking distance and autographed album/poster. And re-entry, which is a nice perk.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    RedMosquitoSmile28RedMosquitoSmile28 Posts: 295
    edited April 2023
    I wish the VIP was a bit cheaper too. I really didn't totally think about doing this this year but just really love the lineup and my wife actually likes it too. So we thought what the heck? And then of course the hotels are sold out. So just because why not I got the Waldorf. It plus the tickets comes to about $5,000. That's a lot, but for kind of a splurge why not vacation to a kind of cool spot and lineup, we'll see. Got a cheaper hotel at much less rate that we will debate on transportation and other logistics as it gets close. 

It is obviously a little more of a walk but it isn't terrible. So is the $400 of merch/food, the access and the Eddie Vedder signed merch worth the extra five grand? If I had unlimited money, sure. But it is a lot. If it was even like $7,500 I'd think about it.

Plus, if PJ really tours, I can't not go to at least one show. So hard to justify it.
    Post edited by RedMosquitoSmile28 on
  • Options
    PJ dates leaking makes me want to save part of my travel budget for Chicago, etc. We’ll see, much to discuss tonight! 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Also — yeah I know people who did the ultimate VIP a few years ago; they are older and have a lot more money than we do, and for them I think it was a no-brainer. I’m not there yet.
  • Options
    PJ dates leaking makes me want to save part of my travel budget for Chicago, etc. We’ll see, much to discuss tonight! 
    I thought I had much to discuss tonight, but then just went for it. I really dig this lineup and just enjoyed the crap out of Ohana when we went to Encore.

I will not be able to avoid at least one PJ show, and some of the dates are right around my birthday, but I may need to go solo if we splurge on Ohana. My wife, who has humored me by traveling far and wide to see Pearl Jam, really would rather go to this Ohana (and funny enough, I think she likes Eddie Vedder solo more than PJ as a band). So it's probably a win, win!
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Same....it was fun but that's some expensive shit. And imagine if it fucking rains the whole weekend

• Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Same....it was fun but that's some expensive shit. And imagine if it fucking rains the whole weekend

That's really unlikely to happen that time of year. September and October are "locals' summer."