*** the DONALD J TRUMP IS OFFICIALLY A CONVICTED FELON thread ***

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,482
    BF is right folks. Calling a brown fox black makes people believe he’s red. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,624
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    almost time to buy!!!!!

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

• BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,285
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    I heard it was moved to the Four Seasons.

The Jan. 6 'Awards Gala' at Trump's golf course has been postponed indefinitely

The event’s featured guests had included some of the most notorious names in the MAGA world, including Rudy Giuliani and Peter Navarro.

Sep. 3, 2024, 1:03 PM EDT

A fundraising event for Jan. 6 defendants, which had been scheduled to take place this week at Donald Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, has been postponed indefinitely.

Dubbed the “J6 Awards Gala,” the event was initially scheduled for Thursday, but its website now lists the event as postponed and its location as “undetermined.”

The event had been touted as a celebration of Jan. 6 defendants and a fundraiser for their legal fees. Tickets ranged from $1,500 per person for general admission to $50,000 for a “platinum table” for 12 at the VIP reception. Trump was listed as an “invited speaker” but was not expected to attend.

The event’s featured guests had included some of the most notorious names in the MAGA world. Among them were former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who has been indicted in Arizona and Georgia on charges of trying to help Trump steal the 2020 election (he has pleaded not guilty) and who is also dealing with the fallout from defaming two Georgia election workers; and Peter Navarro, who served a four-month sentence after being convicted of contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with a subpoena from the Jan. 6 House select committee.

The event website did not provide a reason for the postponement. Organizer L.J. Fino told Fox Business that it was because of “scheduling conflicts of invited guest speakers” and that they expect the event to take place after the November election. However, The New York Times reported Sunday that it had obtained text messages in which event planners cited “multiple issues outside of our control, the main one being safety concerns of attendees and staff.” (MSNBC has not verified the Times’ reporting.)

The decision to host an event at Trump’s golf club to honor and raise money for Jan. 6 defendants was audacious, but not entirely surprising. Trump himself is facing criminal charges over his role in the attacks (he has pleaded not guilty), and he has vowed to pardon Jan. 6 defendants if he returns to the White House, including those who assaulted police officers that day. This past Sunday, he told Fox News that he had “every right” to interfere in the 2020 election.

https://apple.news/AppxM6nOSSgusf5ElM6iJXQ

this is kind of like having the domestic terrorism awards to honor mass shooters and people like timothy mcveigh and rittenhouse.

my guess is the postponement was due to people they planned to recognize are still in jail, on house arrest, no longer supporting trump, or too broke to fly there.

it is a bad look for trump, but everyone should know that it being a bad look would never discourage him from hosting it.
    These people are criminals and they deserve their sentences, but it's going too far to analogize them to mass shooters or Timothy McVeigh.
    what would you say if they had actually hanged mike pence? or killed someone like pelosi, or any of the others on their hitlist?

i am generally in the camp to be lenient on first time offenders and am anti death penalty, unless they are involved with treason or insurrection. these people on 1/6 would have killed people in congress if they had been able to get to them. i believe they need to be made an example of, so i do not think i am that far off. especially with mcveigh, because it is the same sentiment that he held.
    I might say something different, but they didn't hang Mike Pence or kill Nancy Pelosi and it's a big step from chanting "Hang Mike Pence" to actually hanging Mike Pence. McVeigh indiscriminately and wantonly killed 168 people. The insurrectionists deserved/deserve to have the book thrown at them, but they are not mass murderers.
    Attempted murderers of democracy ©️
    Have you heard their new album? It's fantastic. Check out Attempted Murderers of Democracy on tour this fall.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 38,195
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

The event’s featured guests had included some of the most notorious names in the MAGA world, including Rudy Giuliani and Peter Navarro.

A fundraising event for Jan. 6 defendants, which had been scheduled to take place this week at Donald Trump’s golf club in Bedminster, New Jersey, has been postponed indefinitely.

Dubbed the “J6 Awards Gala,” the event was initially scheduled for Thursday, but its website now lists the event as postponed and its location as “undetermined.”

The event had been touted as a celebration of Jan. 6 defendants and a fundraiser for their legal fees. Tickets ranged from $1,500 per person for general admission to $50,000 for a “platinum table” for 12 at the VIP reception. Trump was listed as an “invited speaker” but was not expected to attend.

The event’s featured guests had included some of the most notorious names in the MAGA world. Among them were former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who has been indicted in Arizona and Georgia on charges of trying to help Trump steal the 2020 election (he has pleaded not guilty) and who is also dealing with the fallout from defaming two Georgia election workers; and Peter Navarro, who served a four-month sentence after being convicted of contempt of Congress for refusing to comply with a subpoena from the Jan. 6 House select committee.

The event website did not provide a reason for the postponement. Organizer L.J. Fino told Fox Business that it was because of “scheduling conflicts of invited guest speakers” and that they expect the event to take place after the November election. However, The New York Times reported Sunday that it had obtained text messages in which event planners cited “multiple issues outside of our control, the main one being safety concerns of attendees and staff.” (MSNBC has not verified the Times’ reporting.)

The decision to host an event at Trump’s golf club to honor and raise money for Jan. 6 defendants was audacious, but not entirely surprising. Trump himself is facing criminal charges over his role in the attacks (he has pleaded not guilty), and he has vowed to pardon Jan. 6 defendants if he returns to the White House, including those who assaulted police officers that day. This past Sunday, he told Fox News that he had “every right” to interfere in the 2020 election.

this is kind of like having the domestic terrorism awards to honor mass shooters and people like timothy mcveigh and rittenhouse.

my guess is the postponement was due to people they planned to recognize are still in jail, on house arrest, no longer supporting trump, or too broke to fly there.

it is a bad look for trump, but everyone should know that it being a bad look would never discourage him from hosting it.
    These people are criminals and they deserve their sentences, but it's going too far to analogize them to mass shooters or Timothy McVeigh.
    what would you say if they had actually hanged mike pence? or killed someone like pelosi, or any of the others on their hitlist?

i am generally in the camp to be lenient on first time offenders and am anti death penalty, unless they are involved with treason or insurrection. these people on 1/6 would have killed people in congress if they had been able to get to them. i believe they need to be made an example of, so i do not think i am that far off. especially with mcveigh, because it is the same sentiment that he held.
    I might say something different, but they didn't hang Mike Pence or kill Nancy Pelosi and it's a big step from chanting "Hang Mike Pence" to actually hanging Mike Pence. McVeigh indiscriminately and wantonly killed 168 people. The insurrectionists deserved/deserve to have the book thrown at them, but they are not mass murderers.
    Have you heard their new album? It's fantastic. Check out Attempted Murderers of Democracy on tour this fall.
    I’m in line for rail. #3 on my hand. Can’t wait for their hit Hang Mike Pence with its amazing guitar solo after the drum intensity that sounds like the trap door opening. Puts 25 Minutes to shame!🤘
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    Looking really old and tired. Sucking wind after climbing the stairs, couldn’t wait to untie his tie. POOTWH is projecting dead energy if there’s any energy at all. Coupled with 73, are you sure POOTWH will make it four months, never mind four years? Maybe he should step down, get his rest? I’m concerned about his health and well being. POOTWH is much too old, overweight and unhealthy for the rigors of the Oval. When he’s in it.

I predict within the next four years Trump will have heart attack and become incapacitated. He's not looking in the best of health these days. I hope there's great Healthcare in Venezuela. 

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 560
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:

I thought the Mar a lardo kickoff show was canceled? 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406
    g under p said:
    Looking really old and tired. Sucking wind after climbing the stairs, couldn’t wait to untie his tie. POOTWH is projecting dead energy if there’s any energy at all. Coupled with 73, are you sure POOTWH will make it four months, never mind four years? Maybe he should step down, get his rest? I’m concerned about his health and well being. POOTWH is much too old, overweight and unhealthy for the rigors of the Oval. When he’s in it.

I predict within the next four years Trump will have heart attack and become incapacitated. He's not looking in the best of health these days. I hope there's great Healthcare in Venezuela. 

✌️
    I am amazed he has not had one yet. 
    www.myspace.com
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,405
    g under p said:

✌️
    I am amazed he has not had one yet. 
    yeah I don't get it...although I have a 500lb guy living a few doors down that somehow avoided covid (he's anti-vax) and has defied a heart attack so far. He's only 40 but can barely walk due to his weight.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,406

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/09/04/kamala-harris-republicans-after-trump-00177194

If Republicans Want to Win, They Need Trump to Lose — Big

To dominate the country once more, Republicans need to hasten the move to a post-Trump party.

Kamala Harris claps as she greets a crowd

Vice President Kamala Harris is less a doctrinaire progressive than she is up for grabs on policy, but any liberal course she takes would be constrained by a GOP-held Senate. | Win McNamee/Getty Images

By Jonathan Martin

09/04/2024 05:00 AM EDT

Jonathan Martin is POLITICO’s senior political columnist and politics bureau chief. He’s covered elections in every corner of America and co-authored a best-selling book about Donald Trump and Joe Biden. His reported column chronicles the inside conversations and major trends shaping U.S. politics.

Accepting his party’s nomination in 1984, Democrat Walter Mondale vowed to cut the deficit with a memorable line about the tough medicine either he or Ronald Reagan would have to administer to the country.

“Let’s tell the truth,” Mondale said, “Mr. Reagan will raise taxes, and so will I. He won’t tell you. I just did.”

Now, as Labor Day marks the final stretch of another presidential campaign, it’s time for another round of truth-telling.

The best possible outcome in November for the future of the Republican Party is for former President Donald Trump to lose and lose soundly. GOP leaders won’t tell you that on the record. I just did.

Trump will never concede defeat, no matter how thorough his loss. Yet the more decisively Vice President Kamala Harris wins the popular vote and electoral college the less political oxygen he’ll have to reprise his 2020 antics; and, importantly, the faster Republicans can begin building a post-Trump party.

Harris is less a doctrinaire progressive than she is up for grabs on policy, but any liberal course she takes would be constrained by a GOP-held Senate. No, that’s not a sure thing, but it’s the safest electoral bet in this turbulent election. What is virtually certain come January is that conservatives will have a 6-3 majority on the Supreme Court, which will also serve as a check on the law and rulemaking coming out of a Democratic White House.

Harris is effectively an emergency nominee, has few policy proposals, scant governing history in Washington and a history of churning through staff. Oh, and she would be the first Democrat to enter the presidency since 1884 without majorities in both chambers, should Republicans flip the Senate.

That adds up to a recipe for gridlock — and perhaps some deal-making to fund the government and avoid across-the-board tax hikes — but not a Scandinavian social welfare state.

2026 would represent the sixth year of one party holding the presidency, always a promising midterm for the opposition. Those conditions, along with a diminished, twice-defeated Trump, would make it easier for Republicans to recruit Senate candidates.

Consider just the governors: Virginia’s Glenn Youngkin, Georgia’s Brian Kemp and New Hampshire’s Chris Sununu would all be prime targets for Senate Republicans. As one GOP senator put it to me in hoping for Trump’s defeat: Who do you think would have a tougher 2026 reelection, Sen. Jon Ossoff (D-Ga.) under Harris or Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) under Trump?

A Democratic House majority would also be far easier for Republicans to reverse under Harris than Trump. And the GOP would almost certainly find more success in the 36 governors’ races taking place that year if they were running against the so-called six-year-itch.

For most Republicans who’ve not converted to the Church of MAGA, this scenario is barely even provocative. In fact, asking around with Republicans last week, the most fervent private debate I came across in the party was how best to accelerate Trump’s exit to the 19th Hole.

One high-level Republican, conceding it may only be “wishful thinking,” even floated the idea of a Harris victory followed by Biden pardons of both his son, Hunter, and Trump. That would take the issue of both cases off Harris’ plate and, more to the point, drain the energy behind Trump’s persecution complex so that Republicans can get on with the business of winning elections.

The broader question among Republicans: Would it be best to endure a Harris presidency to keep Trump out of power, likely for good? Or is the better way to hasten his departure from the scene for him to win so that he could only serve one more term and be done for certain in 2028?

The argument for the second of these cases being that, should he lose this year, he would once again insist he was cheated and hold out the possibility of a fourth consecutive bid, prolonging the party’s capture.

Now, this is the point to acknowledge that none of these scenarios will prove tidy, or perhaps even feasible.

Donald Trump points to the crowd from a stage

The day after former President Donald Trump leaves the scene, Democrats will lose their best force for unity, fundraising and enthusiasm. | Rebecca Droke/AP

As they’ve demonstrated for going on a decade now, Republican leaders will repeatedly bow to the preference of their base over their own judgment when it comes to Trump.

And if their voters aren’t looking for a reformation, well, the would-be Martin Luthers of the GOP will fare about as well as John Boehner, who liked to say: “A leader without followers is simply a guy taking a walk.” (This must be the first time a founder of Protestantism and the well-tanned former speaker have been used in the same sentence.)

“You’re assuming Republicans have a top of the ticket problem and not a voter base problem,” said Terry Sullivan, a former GOP strategist. “It’s not like our leaders have been leading the voters to the wilderness against the voters’ judgment.”

Would the vast majority of Republican activists suddenly embrace their own version of the Democratic Leadership Council, which pushed Democrats toward the center after their repeated losses in the 1980s? Probably not.

Many would stew in fetid waters, believing their nominee was somehow cheated when the Democrats swapped in Harris for President Joe Biden. Those conspiracies would be nourished by, well, Trump himself and surely flourish in the closed-off information channels in which so many on the right confine themselves.

So, yes, moving past Trump in the aftermath of another defeat will hardly be easy.

But it’s essential if Republicans want to become a viable national party once more.

Just consider the history. The party has won the national popular vote only once since 1992 — and that was in 2004, when George W. Bush was running as a commander-in-chief during two wars. Bush tallied 50.7 percent of the vote, besting John Kerry by 2.4 points.

Twenty years later, Republicans have captured the presidency just once, when Trump won narrowly thanks to two third-party candidates siphoning votes. But he only netted 46 percent of the vote in 2016 and just under 47 percent in 2020.

It’s not just Trump, though, it’s also the down-ballot candidates he’s foisted upon the party. Republicans vastly underperformed a promising midterm in 2022 in part because of below-replacement-level figures he elevated. And they may lose winnable races again this year — think the Senate race in Arizona and governor’s race in North Carolina — because Republicans have become overly captive to candidates in his image.

This is not all to say things are hunky-dory for Democrats. But that’s the point. Their precarious coalition is entirely dependent on sharing a common enemy, Trump, and has been for nearly a decade. Why do Republicans want to keep propping up their opposition?

The day after Trump leaves the scene, Democrats will lose their best force for unity, fundraising and enthusiasm. But they’ll have the same challenges they do today with the Electoral College, the Senate and the House and the distribution of voters therein.

Of course, it won’t be easy to kick the habit. Millions of Republican voters don’t want to go to rehab. And GOP leaders, as former Representative Thomas M. Davis (R-Va.) put it, “live in fear that their base is going to desert them.”

But the Republican who forges a hybrid coalition — a modern-day conservative fusionism — between the pre-Trump party and his enthusiasts will be rewarded. No, it can’t be anti-Trump. But it must be post-Trump.

The best case for Trump’s defeat may, predictably, be Trump himself. He’s incoherent on abortion rights, unable even to appear at a cemetery without creating a political mess and is so bothered by those who’ve suffered the wounds of war that he slights Medal of Honor recipients. And, running against a female opponent, he’s pushing blowjob jokes about her and his last female opponent.

And that’s just the last two weeks.

This is to say nothing of Trump’s routine self-sabotage, mocking his advisers’ attempt to keep him on message, refusing to learn the basics of issues over nine years after he entered politics and making little effort to appeal to those in his own party who are uneasy with him.

To repurpose another resonant political line from yesteryear, Republicans should ask themselves: Had Enough?

www.myspace.com
    Who here is surprised? Who can believe this clown? On anything of import and substance? 

Trump appears to have misled Gold Star families on troop deaths in Afghanistan

Trump frequently suggests, as he did in a TikTok filmed at Arlington Cemetery, that an 18-month period without hostile-fire deaths took place entirely in his presidency.

“We didn’t lose one person in 18 months. And then they took over that disaster.”

— Former president Donald Trump, in a video of him at Arlington National Cemetery speaking to the families of U.S. troops killed at Abbey Gate in Afghanistan, posted on TikTok, Aug. 28

This TikTok of Trump’s controversial visit to Arlington, where he marked the third anniversary of a suicide bombing that killed 13 U.S. troops during the chaotic evacuation of Afghanistan overseen by President Joe Biden,has been viewed more than 11 million times. Federal law prohibits election-related activities at military cemeteries, but Trump’s entourage pushed past a cemetery employee who tried to prevent Trump’s aides from bringing cameras, according to the Army.

Those cameras appear to have recorded Trump saying these words to the Gold Star families. (The TikTok shows him talking to families as the words are spoken as a voice-over.) In his phrasing, it sounds as if no troops were killed in Afghanistan during the last 18 months of his presidency. That’s false, though as we will show, there was an 18-month gap with no fatalities across Trump’s and Biden’s combined presidencies.

The Facts

A Trump campaign spokesman did not respond to queries about why Trump says there were no fatalities over 18 months. Using the Defense Casualty Analysis System, we first reviewed every 18-month period in Trump’s four years as president, looking only at deaths in hostile action in Afghanistan during Operation Freedom’s Sentinel, not accidental deaths such as in a vehicle or helicopter crash. There was no such period.

Then we focused on the last 18 months of his presidency — July 20, 2019, to Jan. 20, 2021. That makes the most sense since Trump referenced Biden’s taking over. The Defense Department database showed 12 deaths from hostile action in that period. We double-checked with the news releasesissued by the Pentagon in that period and confirmed the 12 names.

The last two deaths occurred on Feb. 8, 2020. Javier Jaguar Gutierrez of San Antonio and Antonio Rey Rodriguez of Las Cruces, New Mexico, both 28, werefatally ambushed by a rogue Afghan policeman. Trump, along with Vice President Mike Pence, flew to Dover Air Force Base when the bodies arrived in the United States.

That was 11 months before Trump’s presidency ended. The suicide bombing at Kabul’s airport that killed the 13 troops took place on Aug. 26, 2021 — seven months into Biden’s presidency. The last 11 months of Trump’s presidency and the first seven of Biden’s add up to 18 months.

In March 2020, Trump approved an agreement with the Taliban (not the Afghan government at the time) for all U.S. forces to leave the country by May 1, 2021. He sealed the deal with a phone conversation with Abdul Ghani Baradar, a co-founder of the Taliban and head of its political office in Qatar. “We had a good long conversation today and, you know, they want to cease the violence,” Trump told reporters at the time. “They’d like to cease violence also.”

Despite abandoning many of Trump’s policies, Biden honored this one, just stretching out the departure by a few months in 2021.

Trump even celebrated Biden’s decision to stick with the withdrawal. “Getting out of Afghanistan is a wonderful and positive thing to do. I planned to withdraw on May 1st, and we should keep as close to that schedule as possible,” he said in a written statement after Biden announced he would continue the departure set in motion by Trump.

At a political rally on June 26 that year, weeks before the collapse of the Afghan government, Trump bragged that he had made it difficult for Biden to change course. “I started the process. All the troops are coming back home. They couldn’t stop the process,” he said. “Twenty-one years is enough, don’t we think? Twenty-one years. They [the Biden administration] couldn’t stop the process. They wanted to, but it was very tough to stop the process.”

In about a half-dozen campaign rallies and media events last month, Trump mentioned his conversation with the Taliban leader and tied it to the 18-month period without deaths in hostile action. But often Trump left the impression — as in the TikTok with the Gold Star families — that this only happened on his watch. Here are some examples:

• Abdul was not playing games with me. You know, they were executing a lot of our soldiers. And I spoke to him, I said, ‘Abdul, don’t do it anymore. There’ll be no more.’ Anyway, I said it pretty tough. And you know what? For 18 months, we didn’t have one American soldier killed in Afghanistan. And then I left, and then I left, and there’s a bunch of incompetent people took over, and it all started up again.” (Rally in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., Aug. 17.)
    • “We had no soldiers killed for 18 months while I was there because they knew — don’t play around with our soldiers.” (Rally in Asheboro, N.C., Aug. 21.)
    • I dealt with Abdul, and he’s still the leader, strong man, smart man, but he understood that if he did anything because we were losing a lot of people to the snipers. … And he understood. And he said, ‘Yes, Your Excellency, I understand.’ He called me Your Excellency. I wonder if he calls that to Biden. I doubt it, right? But he understood that and he respected us. And for 18 months, not one American soldier was killed, not one.” (Remarks at a news conference in Bedminster, N.J., Aug. 15.)

But on occasion, Trump gets it close to correct, such as in these remarks during a news conference in Palm Beach, Fla., on Aug. 8: “You know, if you go back and check your records, for 18 months, I had a talk with Abdul. Abdul was the leader of the Taliban, still is. But I had a strong talk with him. For 18 months, not one American soldier was shot at or killed, not even shot at, 18 months.”

The Defense Department determined that the suicide bomber, Abdul Rahman al-Logari, was not a member of the Taliban but part of the Islamic State-Khorasan, a regional branch of the Islamic State terrorist group. He was one of several thousand ISIS-K members released by the Taliban in mid-August 2021 and one of several possible suicide bombers the group had available for the attackaccording to a review of the investigation completed in April.

The Pinocchio Test

Trump has a basis for citing 18 months without a death from hostile action in Afghanistan. The period of relative quiet began with his deal with the Taliban. A case could be made that the seeds of the collapse of the Afghan government — and the chaotic withdrawal of Americans that accompanied it — stemmed from the same deal.

But Trump errs in suggesting — as in the TikTok with the Gold Star families gathered in Arlington — that those 18 months took place entirely during his presidency. He earns Two Pinocchios.

Two Pinocchios

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©

From the WaPo comments section on an article regarding the indictments of the two Russians and their propaganda influences on right wing media. Coupled with the rumours of consequences for POOTWH campaign staff talking to the media and me thinks we have some dots. Who likes dots? Mmmmmmmmm, dots!

The Indictment pdf (32 pp.) can be downloaded here:

The two RT employees who are named Defendants may NOT be the main attraction here. Several paragraphs of the Indictment are worthy of note:

5. (pdf p.3) "Anything that causes chaos is RT's line."

8. (pdf p.4) "KALASHNIKOV has identified himself as the "Deputy Chief of 
    the Digital Media Projects Department" for RT, is a member of an internal RT email distribution list reserved for "leaders" at RT, and manages multiple RT covert distribution channels in the United States, including U.S. Company-1.

45. (pdf p.28) "the defendants, and others known and unknown, knowingly and intentionally did combine, conspire, confederate, and agree, together and with each other, to commit an offense against the United States, to wit, to knowingly and willfully act and cause U.S. Company-1 , Founder-1 , and Founder-2 to act as agents of foreign principals without registering with the Attorney General, in violation of Title 22, United States Code, Sections 612 and 618."

49. (p.30) "the defendants, and others known and unknown, willfully and knowingly combined, conspired, confederated, and agreed, together and with each other, to commit money laundering, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1956(a)(2)(A)."

50. (p.30) "the defendants, and others known and unknown, would and did transport, transmit, and transfer, and attempt to transport, transmit, and transfer, a monetary instrument and funds from a place in the United States
    to and through a place outside the United States and to a place in the United States from and through a place outside the United States, with the intent to promote the carrying on of specified unlawful activity, to wit, felony violations of the Foreign Agents Registration Act, in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1956(a)(2)(A)."

"Others known & unknown"? Stay tuned. Founders & Commentators Testimony?

Hunter? Is that you?

Brilliantati©
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,285
    g under p said:

✌️
    I don't wish for anyone to become ill or die-- "no man is an island"-- but, if I did, I wouldn't hold my breath for this. He's a city cockroach.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    "the good die young. pricks live forever."

Lewis Black talking about dick cheney
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,309
    mickeyrat said:
    What a terrible answer.  So what if Grandma can pick up a few days here and there. You don't just pay daycare when you show up and need it.  You pay whether they are there or not.  Totally disconnected 
    This fucking guy is the repub nominee for POTUS. But you already know that.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-tpYB7OrND/?igsh=cG5samI4Zzh1NWVm

Brilliantati©
    This fucking guy is the repub nominee for POTUS. But you already know that.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C-tpYB7OrND/?igsh=cG5samI4Zzh1NWVm
    i just heard my dog fart and that sound was more compelling than anything trump said in this entire video.

• njhaley1njhaley1 Posts: 560
    mickeyrat said:
    No mention of windmills, or bacon, or Hannibal Lector?
       (x) doubt
    mickeyrat said:
    the "disconnect between trump's messaging and his campaign" is that he is a fucking liar. press needs to call it as such.

Any POOTWH supporters want to translate this word salad for us? Any takers? C’mon, there’s got to be someone on here pulling the lever for him that can translate this, right? From Letter From An American:

When asked at an event at the New York Economic Club “what specific piece of legislation will you advance” to make child care affordable, the 78-year-old Trump answered:

“Well I would do that. And we’re sitting down. You know I was somebody. We had Senator Marco Rubio, and my daughter Ivanka was so impactful on that issue. It’s a very important issue. But I think when you talk about the kind of numbers that I’m talking about, that because—look, child care is child care. It’s—couldn’t, you know, it’s something you have to have it—in this country you have to have it. But when you talk about those numbers compared to the kind of numbers that I’m talking about by taxing foreign nations at levels that they’re not used to—but they’ll get used to it very quickly—and it’s not going to stop them from doing business with us, but they’ll have a very substantial tax when they send product into our country. Those numbers are so much bigger than any numbers that we’re talking about, including child care, that it’s going to take care. We’re going to have—I look forward to having no deficits within a fairly short period of time, coupled with the reductions that I told you about on waste and fraud and all of the other things that are going on in our country, because I have to stay with child care. I want to stay with child care, but those numbers are small relative to the kind of economic numbers that I’m talking about, including growth, but growth also headed up by what the plan is that I just told you about. We’re going to be taking in trillions of dollars, and as much as child care is talked about as being expensive, it’s, relatively speaking, not very expensive compared to the kind of numbers we’ll be taking in. We’re going to make this into an incredible country that can afford to take care of its people, and then we’ll worry about the rest of the world. Let’s help other people, but we’re going to take care of our country first. This is about America first. It’s about Make America Great Again, we have to do it because right now we’re a failing nation, so we’ll take care of it.”

I’m even more stupid, I know, not possible but I’am, after reading that colon blow of hamburders, covefe, Diet Coke, adderal and Mickey D’s. 

Brilliantati©