Options

Matt drumming on Foo Fighters tour?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 624
    ZoSoTim said:
    Should have been Tommy Lee, Chad Smith and Peter Criss in makeup (or a de-aged Dave Grohl Nirvana era for a surrealist touch). Nothing against Danny Carey, but he isn't recognizable. Did he even work on Terminator 2?

And nothing against Josh Freese (his NIN drumming is mjaaau), but building something up using SUPER FAMOUS Tommy Lee and Chad Smith and then landing on a reveal  of "who's this guy?". Weird build up for the "I LOVE FOO FIGHTERS AND THEIR FUNLOVING MTV VIDEOS AND CHAD SMITH AND WILL FERRELL LOOKS LIKE THE SAME PERSON" crowd .

(but I have also not seen the Foo Fighters horrorcomedymovie... so maybe my thoughts on comedy and the Foo's diverged post the Dave Grohl Jack Black motel video)
    That's why he had on a name tag. :)
    He also stood out at both Hawkins tributes... the guy's far from an unknown.
    He's fairly unknown to the general public. Big music fans already knew who he was.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    ZoSoTim said:
    ZoSoTim said:
    Should have been Tommy Lee, Chad Smith and Peter Criss in makeup (or a de-aged Dave Grohl Nirvana era for a surrealist touch). Nothing against Danny Carey, but he isn't recognizable. Did he even work on Terminator 2?

And nothing against Josh Freese (his NIN drumming is mjaaau), but building something up using SUPER FAMOUS Tommy Lee and Chad Smith and then landing on a reveal  of "who's this guy?". Weird build up for the "I LOVE FOO FIGHTERS AND THEIR FUNLOVING MTV VIDEOS AND CHAD SMITH AND WILL FERRELL LOOKS LIKE THE SAME PERSON" crowd .

(but I have also not seen the Foo Fighters horrorcomedymovie... so maybe my thoughts on comedy and the Foo's diverged post the Dave Grohl Jack Black motel video)
    That's why he had on a name tag. :)
    He also stood out at both Hawkins tributes... the guy's far from an unknown.
    He's fairly unknown to the general public. Big music fans already knew who he was.
    Agreed about the general public, but still maintain that anyone who watched either Hawkins tribute shouldn't be surprised or wondering who this is.