psst...2/24/2023

Comments

• This is why it is pre-order, so they can figure out the demand before pressing it. Maybe they won't press anymore after that, or maybe a small number but that might be it. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,086
    edited February 2023
    trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tough pill to swallow but it's my favorite album.  Take my money!  ugh
    same...and 5 per member....why couldn't the poster have been 1 per member? 
    Why does a person need 5?
    To save on shipping and customs charges if you are one out of five pearl jam friends from e.g. Sweden, Japan or New Zealand.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ^^ agree. Buy it if you want it, or hang on for regular release to save on shipping. It’s not an exclusive.
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    To save on shipping and customs charges if you are one out of five pearl jam friends from e.g. Sweden, Japan or New Zealand.
    Which is alright in theory but I don't think I could convince anyone I know to spend $55 on any record nevermind splitting up postage. Somewhere down the line these could well be reselling for over $55 but would be quite the gamble for anyone buying multiple now I would think.
  • CloneClone Posts: 146
    Too pricey
    edited February 2023
    FR181798 said:
    trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Which is alright in theory but I don't think I could convince anyone I know to spend $55 on any record nevermind splitting up postage. Somewhere down the line these could well be reselling for over $55 but would be quite the gamble for anyone buying multiple now I would think.
    Other Pearl Jam fans from the area you are from?

I ordered one of the Vaults from the BREXIT shop with a couple of Pearl Jam fans from my area, to save on shipping and customs.

My problem with this is not the price - it is if it's an odd one off, or if the whole catalouge will get this treatment. If the whole catalog will be rereleased I might FOMO myself into having something new to collect (I have collected all the KISS 1978 solo albums, the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtracks, and is on my way to all in a series of Astrid Lindgren children books on vinyl so could be in the market for something new to collect)... but if it a one off and just Yield like that purple Walmart Ten, eh.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • timbo1972 said:
    ^^ agree. Buy it if you want it, or hang on for regular release to save on shipping. It’s not an exclusive.
    This one is an exclusive
    FR181798 said:
    trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Other Pearl Jam fans from the area you are from?

I ordered one of the Vaults from the BREXIT shop with a couple of Pearl Jam fans from my area, to save on shipping and customs.

My problem with this is not the price - it is if it's an odd one off, or if the whole catalouge will get this treatment. If the whole catalog will be rereleased I might FOMO myself into having something new to collect (I have collected all the KISS 1978 solo albums, the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtracks, and is on my way to all in a series of Astrid Lindgren children books on vinyl so could be in the market for something new to collect)... but if it a one off and just Yield like that purple Walmart Ten, eh.
    Unfortunately I know very few people outside of the internet that are both Pearl Jam fans and vinyl collectors.
  • trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    These can only be purchased individually. You’ll pay shipping for each copy you purchase.
  • trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    These can only be purchased individually. You’ll pay shipping for each copy you purchase.
    Aha! Weird way to do it... ah, okey. Thanks.

Then @trees question stands
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    This thread answers the question on the poster thread. A lot don’t seem interested. Myself included. Don’t see the value of owning a third version when there doesn’t appear to be any collectible value since it’s a presale and you can buy 5.
    However, if these were limited to a several thousand, there’d be more demand and already sold out.
  • mace1229 said:
    This thread answers the question on the poster thread. A lot don’t seem interested. Myself included. Don’t see the value of owning a third version when there doesn’t appear to be any collectible value since it’s a presale and you can buy 5.
    However, if these were limited to a several thousand, there’d be more demand and already sold out.
    100%. Wait until without warning these are sold out and watch the outrage that follows.
  • mace1229 said:
    A lot were not interested in that specific poster either. Myself included. A lot of people are not interested in owning a third copy - or any vinyl copy of Yield. 

Having this readily available I would imagine will make Pearl Jam money. At the same time, they don't fuck fans over.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    edited February 2023
    I would be curious how many they sell with an open pre order like this. And how quickly that same number would sell if they advertised it as limited to X number of pressing.
    I would guess they’d sell move faster with it being limited.
  •  It would be interesting if the band would ever sell limited items on the site at an official platinum price.  (Like concert tickets). For example.  Out of the 1000 yield posters if ten club would have kept 100 to sell at the rate that flippers would sell on another site. Personal if I missed a limited item that I really wanted I would rather pay ten club the inflated price then a flipper on eBay. 
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    mace1229 said:
    I would be curious how many they sell with an open pre order like this. And how quickly that same number would sell if they advertised it as limited to X number of pressing.
    I would guess they’d sell move faster with it being limited.
    If there was a number it probably would have sold out if it was under 10,000 ish between mvp and here.  People would buy multiples like crazy if these were numbered
  • TK46426 said:
     It would be interesting if the band would ever sell limited items on the site at an official platinum price.  (Like concert tickets). For example.  Out of the 1000 yield posters if ten club would have kept 100 to sell at the rate that flippers would sell on another site. Personal if I missed a limited item that I really wanted I would rather pay ten club the inflated price then a flipper on eBay. 
    I think that doing tickets like that is bs and so would doing merch like that. Posters and records are items and not an experience like live music. They really should just make enough to satisfy the demand.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,930
    mace1229 said:
    Agree.

If the poster was an open edition people would be making the same complaints they’re currently making about the vinyl… “Don’t need another poster, I already have the original, I remember paying $10 for a poster, or shipping is ridiculous.”

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Right! If you want to get it great! If you don't then don't. It's going to be ok. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Right! If you want to get it great! If you don't then don't. It's going to be ok. 
    Exactly. More power to you if it brings you happiness but at the end of the day it is all just stuff. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    edited February 2023
    mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 
    Rainbow, unicorn, glitter-splattered Lost Dogs. 

The sad thing is. I would totally pay for this. 
    Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
    edited February 2023
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Agree.

If the poster was an open edition people would be making the same complaints they’re currently making about the vinyl… “Don’t need another poster, I already have the original, I remember paying $10 for a poster, or shipping is ridiculous.”

You're missing people saying they didn't need another poster with that bias of yours.
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 
    Red Maximum Carnage cartridge.  
    edited February 2023
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Agree.

You're missing people saying they didn't need another poster with that bias of yours.

*I liked the tunnel vision version better. 
    Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 
    Coke Bottle Ten

• mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 
    Red lightning bolt
    White backspacer
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 
    A mortgage  to pay for it?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    JimmyV said:
    Right! If you want to get it great! If you don't then don't. It's going to be ok. 
    Exactly. More power to you if it brings you happiness but at the end of the day it is all just stuff. 
    Amen. As an Episcopal priest and Pearl Jam fan, I can endorse this message. This is just stuff to help us dance through our too short lives. The real treasure is in the love we give to each other. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
    Keep your vinyl in nice condition specifically reissues and if a new more interesting pressing comes along then sell the old one. I upgrade my records all of the time so I rarely have more than 2 copies.Granted you might only get your postage price but saves having lots of copies of the same record. Also there is a promotion on with VMP at the moment to get additional free records when you subscribe, probably worth looking at.