psst...2/24/2023

Comments

• PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    This is the way they should do it. Open it for a time then close it. Then if people cry it’s their fault they didn’t purchase it. There’s ample time to buy this red vinyl. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • And for the 1st time since 2014(at least according to my order history) I purchased something from the 10club.
    Actually I went crazy, and purchased 2. 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • my_wavemy_wave Posts: 346
    edited February 2023
    trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Tough pill to swallow but it's my favorite album.  Take my money!  ugh
    same...and 5 per member....why couldn't the poster have been 1 per member? 
    Why does a person need 5?
    Maybe this will help 10 club crack down on all the flipper members as I'm sure they'll all be buying 5. I can see some hardcore fans/collectors buying 2, one to open and play and one to keep sealed, or maybe buying 2 or 3 as gifts for friends, but really no one needs more than one, so the 5 per member is interesting...
    st. pete '94
    west palm beach '98
    tampa '00
    tampa '03
    tampa '08
    brooklyn '13
    austin '14
    austin '14
    tampa '16

ed - clearwater '12
    ed - clearwater '12
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501

PJammin' said:
    This is the way they should do it. Open it for a time then close it. Then if people cry it’s their fault they didn’t purchase it. There’s ample time to buy this red vinyl. 
    Well to be fair they are partnering with someone who has their own pressing plant so it makes it a lot easier, and it is their first release from there so it should be done on time.  To expect them to release all merch this way would be ridiculous. 
    edited February 2023
    my_wave said:
    trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Maybe this will help 10 club crack down on all the flipper members as I'm sure they'll all be buying 5. I can see some hardcore fans/collectors buying 2, one to open and play and one to keep sealed, or maybe buying 2 or 3 as gifts for friends, but really no one needs more than one, so the 5 per member is interesting...
    It isn’t 10 clubs limit it is VMP limit.  Depending on the pressing they choose a limit the higher the limit the larger the pressing usually.  10 club just took their post basically from vmp site.  
    Post edited by apirk72 on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,974
    Just say "yo!"
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,106
    $450 CAD for 5 copies of Yield lol. Holy ballsniff McGyver Dan
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • evsgjamm said:
    $450 CAD for 5 copies of Yield lol. Holy ballsniff McGyver Dan
    Do it!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • apirk72 said:
    my_wave said:
    trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    It isn’t 10 clubs limit it is VMP limit.  Depending on the pressing they choose a limit the higher the limit the larger the pressing usually.  10 club just took their post basically from vmp site.  
    This. It is interesting that there is no set pressing number. Flippers might be outta luck on this one. I just listening to my repress to figure out if I "needed" this pressing and so far there is nothing in the provided info that makes me believe I need to buy this, other than weirdo collector reasons. And I have been guilty of that many times. Will hold off for now.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • apirk72 said:
    my_wave said:
    trees said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This. It is interesting that there is no set pressing number. Flippers might be outta luck on this one. I just listening to my repress to figure out if I "needed" this pressing and so far there is nothing in the provided info that makes me believe I need to buy this, other than weirdo collector reasons. And I have been guilty of that many times. Will hold off for now.
    Hey! Who are you calling a weirdo?
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    edited February 2023
    apirk72 said:

PJammin' said:
    Well to be fair they are partnering with someone who has their own pressing plant so it makes it a lot easier, and it is their first release from there so it should be done on time.  To expect them to release all merch this way would be ridiculous. 
    Too many excuses. Where there’s a will there’s a way. 
    Post edited by PJammin' on
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,763
    Just ordered mine.
    I have the original but it’s gotten pretty beat up over the years and this new pressing is so pretty, I just had to have it!
    Plus …Yield is fucking amazing!
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,257
    mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 
    Clear NC was limited and people were paying a few hundred for it. It had value because it was limited and sold out. Maybe they still are, I haven’t followed it.

This is more like the purple Ten. Readily available, so no collector value unless you just want a 3rd record of the same album in a different color.

What would be funny is if they released a “limited” Edition of an album. With Santos popping in every time it sells out to announce they just added 1000 more. And see how many they can sell. That would make me smile.
  • mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 
    Clear NC was limited and people were paying a few hundred for it. It had value because it was limited and sold out. Maybe they still are, I haven’t followed it.

This is more like the purple Ten. Readily available, so no collector value unless you just want a 3rd record of the same album in a different color.

What would be funny is if they released a “limited” Edition of an album. With Santos popping in every time it sells out to announce they just added 1000 more. And see how many they can sell. That would make me smile.
    Release a 1,000 copies of Benny and see how that goes over…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 

That makes sense. Who wants my clear no code for a few hundred bucks? ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PJammin' said:
    apirk72 said:

PJammin' said:
    Too many excuses. Where there’s a will there’s a way. 
    They don’t need to make excuses.  They shouldn’t have to make sure everyone is gets what they want.  They make product they sell it and move on.  Why spend extra time trying to sell something when you could be done with it in a day and then it be over.   Plus I am sure they are well aware that no matter what they do their fans are going to complain about it anyways because that is what every single thread dealing with product turns into.  Here you go you get a timed limited vinyl release exactly what everyone says they want and it is full of complaints.  I am starting to think this band is pretty unhealthy for some of their fans.
  • Who wants my kidney
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Purple ten
    clear no code
    red yield
    gold live on 2 legs

what am I missing? 

Release a 1,000 copies of Benny and see how that goes over…

Timed release. 24 hours. $100 per Benny. Each member can buy as many as they want. Black vinyl. Proceeds to Youth Care.

They'd make a fortune.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • AND WHY NOT DO ANOTHER ACCOUSTIV SHOW AT BENAROYA

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Well it looks like the Benny will be turning 20 this year! 20th anniversary release please @Santos L. Halper
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    I’m ok not having Benny, can’t focus on a few that got away

But yes I’d take one 
  • Well it looks like the Benny will be turning 20 this year! 20th anniversary release please @Santos L. Halper

Can I refuse to believe this?

I also find it hard to believe Yield was only five when Benny happened.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ceskaceska Posts: 1,115
    Well it looks like the Benny will be turning 20 this year! 20th anniversary release please @Santos L. Halper

Yup. And Yield was 8 years since the band formed, which seemed like an eternity then, but now 8 years is not even two albums ago.  My Dad was impressed to hear me playing Johnny Cash albeit by Pearl Jam from Benaroya Hall on the CD player one day. I find it hard to believe that Johnny Cash was alive in my lifetime, even still touring around the time I began going to live shows. I could have seen him. My Dad saw him live in 1959.

• JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Meh...if they re-released the Benny, the whole "mystique" about it would be dead.  It wouldn't be nearly as cool to have or as good an album as people want it to be.
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 108

I prefer buying music in 180 gram format.  As far as getting PJ music on 180 gram vinyl, I learned quickly that it was best to strike when the “Iron is hot”  as Ten Redux, VS and Vitalogy all in 180gram vinyl are now out of print, once they were gone, they no longer printed anymore for sale anymore.

I could never find No code in 180 Gram vinyl, last year, I picked up the clear vinyl reissue, and I still enjoy it even though it’s not 180 gram vinyl.

I decided a few years ago that if Yield came out on 180 gram vinyl, I would get it.

I initially balked at the price, as it was almost 30%, including shipping, more than I thought it would be. I think there will end up being printed on a large scale, thus making it to where people will still try to sell it on EBay, more than likely at a loss.

But, the way I look at, it will probably end up being the only vinyl I’ll buy this year, unless they rerelease Lost Dogs.

• ceska said:
    Well it looks like the Benny will be turning 20 this year! 20th anniversary release please @Santos L. Halper

Yup. And Yield was 8 years since the band formed, which seemed like an eternity then, but now 8 years is not even two albums ago.  My Dad was impressed to hear me playing Johnny Cash albeit by Pearl Jam from Benaroya Hall on the CD player one day. I find it hard to believe that Johnny Cash was alive in my lifetime, even still touring around the time I began going to live shows. I could have seen him. My Dad saw him live in 1959.

Well...there was that canceled album back in 2018. That would have been five years between albums. Assuming that happens AND no COVID, maybe it goes 2013, 2018 and 2023/2024.
  • I’m gonna go ahead and say what too many won’t: 180g vinyl sucks for the sole reason of having to flip/change the damn record too often.
    Unless a release is 44 min or under (or a comedy/spoken word recording), you’re getting 1-3 songs per side if lucky.

They should have done this one like a Sevens Box Set, at this price. Not everything has to increase because of inflation, but almost no one is going to pass up charging more money when the public already anticipates it and expects to pay more.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    I’m gonna go ahead and say what too many won’t: 180g vinyl sucks for the sole reason of having to flip/change the damn record too often.
    Unless a release is 44 min or under (or a comedy/spoken word recording), you’re getting 1-3 songs per side if lucky.

They should have done this one like a Sevens Box Set, at this price. Not everything has to increase because of inflation, but almost no one is going to pass up charging more money when the public already anticipates it and expects to pay more.

180g has nothing to do with how many songs fit on the side of record, all it is, is the thickness of the record.  It's 45rpm vs 33rpm that determines how many songs are on the side of a records.  45rpm (where its 2 or 3 songs per side) is pretty rate except for the odd audiophile release.
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,085
    TK46426 said:
     It would be interesting if the band would ever sell limited items on the site at an official platinum price.  (Like concert tickets). For example.  Out of the 1000 yield posters if ten club would have kept 100 to sell at the rate that flippers would sell on another site. Personal if I missed a limited item that I really wanted I would rather pay ten club the inflated price then a flipper on eBay. 
    They already do that now with their Vitalogy Foundation items.
  • JV130312 said:
    Meh...if they re-released the Benny, the whole "mystique" about it would be dead.  It wouldn't be nearly as cool to have or as good an album as people want it to be.
    It’s their best live album. It being hars to get on vinyl has nothing to do with that. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"