Pearl Jam Yield 25th Anniversary Edition Translucent Red and Black Hi-melt vinyl

Comments

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    demetrios said:
    VMP announces new Rock Record of the Month, The Strokes' "Is This It" on Blue and Orange Splatter vinyl.

VMP needs to release Lost Dogs .. 2.

That looks great, interesting they include both when it started and New York City cops on that pressing. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,325
    2 more months.
    Special offer ..

BUY 3, GET 1 FREE
    In celebration of VMP Rock, buy 3 Rock titles and get your 4th FREE. Shop from 100+ titles! Offer ends August 4th.

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Completely forgot I ordered this. Oof. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I hope Vinyl Me Please releases a video of the making of this vinyl release. This new Pearl Jam Yield 25th Anniversary Edition is the first vinyl pressing at their new facility. 

*crossing fingers

Doh!!

edited August 2023
    Strange. The page has been updated back again to late August now. https://www.vinylmeplease.com/products/pearl-jam-yield?variant=39968285229146

Post edited by demetrios on

An update on your Pearl Jam 'Yield' order

Message from Vinyl Me, Please regarding
    Yield 25th Anniversary Edition

We are writing to provide you with a status update regarding your purchase of Pearl Jam Yield.

First and foremost, we want to express our sincere apologies for the unforeseen challenges we have encountered in the production process. Our original plan was to make this title the inaugural pressing at our newly-built facility in Denver, CO. However, we have faced unexpected construction and permit delays that have continued to stretch the original timeline. We understand that these delays are unacceptable and we take full responsibility for the inconvenience they have caused you.

To address this situation, we have shifted the record production to Furnace Record Pressing. We are confident that Furnace maintains the same high standards of quality that you rightfully expect from Vinyl Me, Please.

The new estimated ship date is now set for 10/13. We are doing everything in our power to expedite the process, and if we receive the records earlier, we will ship them to you immediately.

Once again, we offer our deepest apologies. We value your patronage and are committed to making things right. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us and let us know how we can rectify this situation to your satisfaction.

Cam Schaefer CEO, VMP

• lastchild11lastchild11 Posts: 1,277
    Just got same email
    Dallas TX 10/17/00
    Oklahoma City 4/3/03
    Dallas TX 6/9/03
    Memphis TN 6/20/09 (Eddie)
    Kansas City MO 4/3/10
    Little Rock AR 8/28/10 (Eddie, WM3 rally)
    St Louis MO 7/1/11 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/18/12 (Eddie)
    Tulsa OK 11/19/12 (Eddie)
    Dallas TX 11/15/13
    Oklahoma City 11/16/13
    Tulsa OK 10/8/14
    St Louis MO 9/18/22
    Oklahoma City 9/20/22
    Ft Worth TX 9/13/23
    Ft Worth TX 9/15/23

• EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    Bunch of bullshit!  
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,014
    Complete bs

u promise a date @ a facility not even built 🤣🤣

pie in the sky

not surprised, but I’m 99% sure they knew from day 1 it wasn’t gonna happen on time 
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,168
    I don’t really care that it’s delayed since it’s already been 6 months but it did seem really optimistic on their part initially 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 227
    I’m actually glad it won’t be coming from VMP. I quit them several years ago due to poor QC. All I received was warped albums or issues with skipping throughout, and replacements with the same
    issue. 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    VMP hits the mark or they just whiff completely. It’s a bummer
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,025
    edited August 2023
     I feel like the price should be lowered. Not what was advertised. I wouldn't be happy if I was in PJ's camp.

What's Furnace's track record?
    Post edited by bobasfeet on
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    They are fine
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,600
    I think furnace does all of bad brains reissues which all sound great.
  • I wish there was a way to cancel. I would be cool with the remastered vinyl that was just released a month or so ago for a fraction of the price.
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 493
    bobasfeet said:
     I feel like the price should be lowered. Not what was advertised. I wouldn't be happy if I was in PJ's camp.

What's Furnace's track record?
    meh, I feel like if you've been buying records long enough you know delays are part of preordering especially the past few years.  A two month delay isnt shit(wouldnt be surprised if it got pushed back more)  I remember year plus delays in the 00s, thanks Virgil.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,025
    I am not really concerned about the delay. My point was if this was supposed to be high end vinyl at that price point, we should get what was advertised. I would have preferred it be delayed until VMP plant was running.
  • bazfromozbazfromoz Posts: 179
    So we aren’t getting what we paid for 
  • AA295481AA295481 Posts: 80
    I think there playing kick the can down the road, I Don't think this willl be the only delay, I think Yield will be 26 before we get it
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    I wish there was a way to cancel. I would be cool with the remastered vinyl that was just released a month or so ago for a fraction of the price.
    there was no remastered vinyl released since the 2016 reissue.  If you picked up something recently it was just a repress of this 2016 reissue.  It was not remastered for vinyl in anyway. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    bobasfeet said:
    I am not really concerned about the delay. My point was if this was supposed to be high end vinyl at that price point, we should get what was advertised. I would have preferred it be delayed until VMP plant was running.
    there was no way of knowing that their specific plant would lend anything special to this.  The lacquer cut by Levi Seitz is what matters most.  He had access to the master tapes and was able to completely recut the album for vinyl.  https://blackbeltmastering.com/#about

Furnace has a pretty good track record, and the new people involved at VMP in production in QC are still going to be doing the work on this.

The final product will be the same it just won't be the "inaugural pressing" at the new plant.

I am surprised that VMP is surprised they ran into permitting issues in Denver.  I would be shocked if that plant is open by mid 2024.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• I hope this shit doesn’t happen for the 3-LP green marble swirl Riot Act release
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"