Options

Pearl Jam Yield 25th Anniversary Edition Translucent Red and Black Hi-melt vinyl

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PB11041 said:
    The sound difference between this and the 2016 is significantly better.  To each their own, but you are a fool if you don't get this and you actually listen to your records.
    Considering the source is exactly the same,  it really doesn't make much rational sense.  You would have to be arguing that Furnace is a significantly better plant than MPO.  Being a 45 isn't enough of a difference.  To wit, if you compare APs 45 vs 33 Kind of Blue,  the difference is slight.  Same with Blue Train, Rumors, etc. There are plenty of comparisons between 33 and 45 from same mix,  and while it yields (haha, get it?) a marginally better product,  it usually isn't a lot.
    The source may be the same, but the vinyl mastering makes a big difference. 

This does sound better than the 2016 and the 1998.
    The lacquer is different and cut by a different mastering engineer for the vmp. This goes a long way in impacting the sq of a record. 
  • Options
    bicyclejoebicyclejoe USA Posts: 1,167
    I know we've wish cast 'mastered direct from the analog tape' pressings in the past, but if we can't get those and all we have the digital transfers, I think I'd like to see the first 4 single LP albums cut over 2 LPs. I'm loving the sound on this. it pops.

EDIT: I forgot, Vitalogy has been cut to 2 discs. 
    The reality is that none of Pearl Jam albums are likely purely analog productions. It’s hard to find any recordings produced in the 1990s that didn’t include some sort of digital step. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    edited October 2023
    I mean, that’s fine. We know there are tapes of most of that early work though. I’d love for them to pull from that. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    I know we've wish cast 'mastered direct from the analog tape' pressings in the past, but if we can't get those and all we have the digital transfers, I think I'd like to see the first 4 single LP albums cut over 2 LPs. I'm loving the sound on this. it pops.

The reality is that none of Pearl Jam albums are likely purely analog productions. It’s hard to find any recordings produced in the 1990s that didn’t include some sort of digital step. 
    Make sure you check out the upcoming Atlantic releases through AP. You'll be impressed with the records from the 70s through the 90s that are in the mix. 

• Options
    mrussel1 said:

Make sure you check out the upcoming Atlantic releases through AP. You'll be impressed with the records from the 70s through the 90s that are in the mix. 

Loving the selection. I’ve pre-ordered CSNY Deja Vu and INXS Kick. Can’t wait. 
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • Options
    Man, I feel I’m hearing subtleties in No Way I’d never heard before. 
    Loving this pressing so far !
  • Options
    Man, I feel I’m hearing subtleties in No Way I’d never heard before. 
    Loving this pressing so far !
    It is indeed a great pressing. 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,029
    Vinyl copies should be arriving to Canada next week. B)
  • Options
    How much was this with shipping in US? Like $75?
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    I received mine in Montreal this Wednesday. 
    Hopefully you’re a day away!
  • Options
    pjcampjcam Posts: 54
    demetrios said:
    I received mine in Alberta on Wednesday 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,881
    How much was this with shipping in US? Like $75?
    Yep. $72 
  • Options
    Thanks 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,322
    Mine arrived in Victoria today :)
  • Options
    rhoradanrhoradan Georgia Posts: 3
    edited October 2023
    My pressing seems off. It sounds like half speed. 

Is anyone else's pressing have issues?

Should I contact PJ or VinylMe?

TIA
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,784
    rhoradan said:

TIA
    Have you made contact with your record player's 45 rpm setting?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    rhoradan said:

TIA
    Checked speed settings. Tested other records as well. 

Not sure what the deal is since I haven't heard of any issues with anyone else's.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,990
    So you re playing it at 45 and it sounds slow? And when you played other records at 45 they sounded fine? 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,322
    rhoradan said:
    rhoradan said:

TIA

Not sure what the deal is since I haven't heard of any issues with anyone else's.

but a 45rpm played at 33rpm would sound really slow, which is what you are describing.   Your sure you put your player at 45rpm, the one meant for singles?   This is one of those high quality record pressings that used 45rpm for a 12" record, which is pretty rare.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Zod said:
    rhoradan said:
    rhoradan said:

TIA

but a 45rpm played at 33rpm would sound really slow, which is what you are describing.   Your sure you put your player at 45rpm, the one meant for singles?   This is one of those high quality record pressings that used 45rpm for a 12" record, which is pretty rare.
    This was my issue. For whatever reason last night, when I switched speeds, it sounded too fast, then too slow. My player has a mind of its own sometimes.

It's working fine now. I'm an idiot. 

Thanks!
    Post edited by rhoradan on
  • Options
    I read that hummus is not on this repress, can anyone confirm? Ill probably send it back if that’s the case…
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 288
    I read that hummus is not on this repress, can anyone confirm? Ill probably send it back if that’s the case…
    It is not on there. 
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    tylerj said:
    It is not on there. 
    Thanks. Im really furious at VMP, not pressing at their own plant as advertised, then this? It’s ridiculous.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,785
    tylerj said:
    It is not on there. 
    Thanks. Im really furious at VMP, not pressing at their own plant as advertised, then this? It’s ridiculous.
    so really your intention was to have it sit in shrink wrap and wait until it was a nice price to flip?
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    mandarine65mandarine65 Posts: 133
    edited October 2023
    PB11041 said:
    tylerj said:
    It is not on there. 
    so really your intention was to have it sit in shrink wrap and wait until it was a nice price to flip?
    My intention was to get a perfect sounding record with the entire album on it. Their new press is supposed to help them not have the sound issues they have at other plants. Nothing I said indicated I wanted to flip it unless you think sending back to VMP is flipping. Thanks for being aggressive for no reason.
    Post edited by mandarine65 on
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    PB11041 said:
    tylerj said:
    It is not on there. 
    I get why some people get upset about people reselling stuff but the unspoken rules for "flipping" and the "community approved" timeline for resale is just kinda funny. Ames just announced resale of posters at "market price" which they sat on for years and there's hardly a grumble here. Not trying to stir the pot, I just find it all odd.
  • Options
    bobasfeet said:
    PB11041 said:
    tylerj said:
    It is not on there. 
    I get why some people get upset about people reselling stuff but the unspoken rules for "flipping" and the "community approved" timeline for resale is just kinda funny. Ames just announced resale of posters at "market price" which they sat on for years and there's hardly a grumble here. Not trying to stir the pot, I just find it all odd.
    Again this is coming at me with flipper accusations with no grounds, I said Id probably send it back to VMP.
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,072
    bobasfeet said:
    PB11041 said:
    tylerj said:
    It is not on there. 
    Again this is coming at me with flipper accusations with no grounds, I said Id probably send it back to VMP.
    yeah I am defending you.
  • Options
    mandarine65mandarine65 Posts: 133
    edited October 2023
    bobasfeet said:
    bobasfeet said:
    PB11041 said:
    tylerj said:
    It is not on there. 
    yeah I am defending you.
    Lol ok! Im out on a work trip and didn’t get a chance to play it before leaving. People said it sounds better than the 2016 reissue but I don’t know if I want an incomplete album.
  • Options
    The album sounds amazing on my table.  And I could care less if it’s missing an instrumental at the end.  I’m super happy with it.  Hummus!