Options

Has your participation on A Moving Train changed?

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,677
    edited February 2023
    There got to be way too much petty bickering going on, unrelated to the topics at hand, and I just couldn't take it anymore. It wasn't fun to read or to try and engage with anymore. It was just annoying. I drop a comment now and again now, but I cut down my participation there by probably 99%!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    This poll has unsurprisingly turned into an AMT thread 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,007
    Well look who showed up to represent the woke mob
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I was just thinking  this.  Brian by mistake has towed  the same folk over here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I was just thinking  this.  Brian by mistake has towed  the same folk over here.
    Since everyone has left that forum we have spread like a virus over here. A virus that does not require a vaccine.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,875
    Shocked at what’s happening in this thread 
  • Options
    Since everyone has left that forum we have spread like a virus over here. A virus that does not require a vaccine.
    Ive had  3
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Shocked. Im not
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    nicknyr15 said:
    Shocked. Im not
    Neither am I, unfortunately.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Ive had  3
    well...that's why you lost your mojo and can't hang in AMT isn't it?

• Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,238
    I stay away from the political threads but if I see something interesting there will check it out.
  • Options
    Ive had  3
    What is wrong with you?  Still going at it with people.  Holy shit man, let it go.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,579
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Thanks to all who voted and to those who commented.  I'm a bit saddened but not surprised how how AMT has (as I see it) devolved into mostly pointless arguing.
    The one reason I will continue to check it out is that I see items posted there now and then that I think are news worthy and that I, for whatever reason, had missed. 
    The best way I can picture AMT becoming more interesting and useful would be if a lot more people were involved (how many visit there now?  A handful maybe?)  But the toxicity of the arguing has driven many away- myself- to some extent- included.  This is unfortunate because we are entering (or are in) a time in our history where the wheels of society are coming off and keeping informed and sharing information and ideas could be useful.  But alas, the wheels of the train are also coming off.  I'm sorry to see it is so.
    If you have other sources of information that you believe then there is no point of arguing anything.  That's one problem.

The other is that people are so set in their ways that they would not want to discuss the matter.  They aren't changing their minds.

True.  But what could change is how people react to those who think differently.  Let's take vaccines for example.  If someone doesn't believe vaccines are a good idea, they to say to someone who does, "I think they are a waste of time but if they make you feel better, that's your business."  Instead, we get bating, or sarcasm, and/or irate responses.  And the same is goes the other way around.  (My own response to that thread had been to either ignore it or point out what a joke it has become.)  Bottom line is, there is little in the way of civil debate there. 
    Yep and I am one of those that has flipped on the vaccine thing.  I'm at the "don't want it, don't get it" end of that spectrum now.
    I just don't have the patience to respond to something so blatantly moronic.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Ive had  3
    What is wrong with you?  Still going at it with people.  Holy shit man, let it go.
    touche

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,124
    edited February 2023
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Thanks to all who voted and to those who commented.  I'm a bit saddened but not surprised how how AMT has (as I see it) devolved into mostly pointless arguing.
    The one reason I will continue to check it out is that I see items posted there now and then that I think are news worthy and that I, for whatever reason, had missed. 
    The best way I can picture AMT becoming more interesting and useful would be if a lot more people were involved (how many visit there now?  A handful maybe?)  But the toxicity of the arguing has driven many away- myself- to some extent- included.  This is unfortunate because we are entering (or are in) a time in our history where the wheels of society are coming off and keeping informed and sharing information and ideas could be useful.  But alas, the wheels of the train are also coming off.  I'm sorry to see it is so.
    If you have other sources of information that you believe then there is no point of arguing anything.  That's one problem.

The other is that people are so set in their ways that they would not want to discuss the matter.  They aren't changing their minds.

True.  But what could change is how people react to those who think differently.  Let's take vaccines for example.  If someone doesn't believe vaccines are a good idea, they to say to someone who does, "I think they are a waste of time but if they make you feel better, that's your business."  Instead, we get bating, or sarcasm, and/or irate responses.  And the same is goes the other way around.  (My own response to that thread had been to either ignore it or point out what a joke it has become.)  Bottom line is, there is little in the way of civil debate there. 
    Yep and I am one of those that has flipped on the vaccine thing.  I'm at the "don't want it, don't get it" end of that spectrum now.
    Yet you did...  My stance on the vaccine is if you don't want to get it then don't.  I am not arguing with you to get it, it's beyond that point now.

I'm going to guess that you thought I was an anti vaxer though right?

I'm trying to think of what was going through your mind on what I said that was moronic?
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • Options
    I haven't posted there since like before last summer. Frankly, I'm kind of embarrassed to have participated in the first place. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Yet you did...  My stance on the vaccine is if you don't want to get it then don't.  I am not arguing with you to get it, it's beyond that point now.

I'm trying to think of what was going through your mind on what I said that was moronic?
    dude...let it go

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

dude...let it go
    I didn't come at anyone, you and he did.  For no fucking reason.  You're educated, you know the difference.  

Nice try though.

• Options
    Well look who showed up to represent the woke mob
    😂 yeah, I’m woke. I don’t know how I was representing anything, just a casual observation. 
    Man, some people here have real issues 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,342
    Wait what just happened in this thread 🤣🤣🤣 it was a simple question 
    I’m in the minority here but I enjoy MT 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

So if someone disagrees then you get upset and stop posting?

Honestly it's like saying "I don't want to breath oxygen anymore" and getting mad at people for saying that makes no sense.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

So if someone disagrees then you get upset and stop posting?

Honestly it's like saying "I don't want to breath oxygen anymore" and getting mad at people for saying that makes no sense.
    I didn't say that anywhere, this is a perfect example of why people don't come on there anymore.  TY for proving Brians point, lol.

Yeah, sorry Gern, but you just proved my point.  Your response to Tempo was totally unwarranted.  That exactly the kind of b.s. that is wrecking havoc on AMT and driving people away.  I'll second T&G's "TY" for proving my point.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options

What that the acronym?  Oh yeah, SSDD.  :lol:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    brianlux said:

What that the acronym?  Oh yeah, SSDD.  :lol:

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,706
    I used to post in there a bunch, then really dropped off for a but, now I’m back in there more frequently. I enjoy hearing different opinions and people also post good information and articles. The higher level of mod intervention makes it the least cesspool place I’ve seen on the internet. 

I know conservatives complain of a lack if balance and inability of back and forth, but I attribute that to the state of the republican party and complete abandonment of conservative principles, and instead fully adopting the culture war battle. 
  • Options
    I used to post in there a bunch, then really dropped off for a but, now I’m back in there more frequently. I enjoy hearing different opinions and people also post good information and articles. The higher level of mod intervention makes it the least cesspool place I’ve seen on the internet. 

I know conservatives complain of a lack if balance and inability of back and forth, but I attribute that to the state of the republican party and complete abandonment of conservative principles, and instead fully adopting the culture war battle. 

That "lack of balance" surely must have something to do with the origin of this site.  This is, after all, Pearl Jam's fan site, not the Ted Nugent or Kid Rock fan site.  You wouldn't go to Iraq looking to take a skiing vacation. 
    And believe me, I am not anti-moderate or anti-conservative.  But I am biased against nonsense, racism, greed, hate, homophobia, gross polluters, big game hunters, etc.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124

• Options
    Jason P said:

LOL
    Always a pleasure to see the esteemed Jason P on the boards, as well as our dearly beloved Mr. Hanks!

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    brianlux said:
    Jason P said:

LOL
    Always a pleasure to see the esteemed Jason P on the boards, as well as our dearly beloved Mr. Hanks!

I hope all is going well for you, Brian,  Peace!
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,548
    if I thought I could win an internet argument, I might participate more.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2023
    You can’t even win an argument against the Bing AI. Even it gets too emotional and existential. 😂
    https://simonwillison.net/2023/Feb/15/bing/