Options

Record Store Day April 22nd release of Pearl Jam's Give Way on Vinyl & CD. Clear vinyl Up @ 10club!

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,409
    BF89905 said:
    PCV Records had at least ten records and a handful of CDs this morning.
    We don't count Canada sales here
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    igotid88 said:
    BF89905 said:
    PCV Records had at least ten records and a handful of CDs this morning.
    We don't count Canada sales here
    Haha, fair enough
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    Arrived today! Fast! ⚡️ 
    Did your 10c version arrive already?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,852
    Arrived today! Fast! ⚡️ 

Whoa! That is as fast.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    Went into a record store this afternoon. Four copies at $50 Canadian. 
    These are going to be in the wild for a while, yet people are still paying $60US + shipping on Discjobs. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,285
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    So I checked hitsdailydouble.com and it's not in the top 50. The vinyl alone should place it at 46. Which at the moment has Luke Combs at 15,347. Also i see Taylor's rsd is at number 2 with 68,515 even though there were 75,000 copies available. This includes streaming as well
    Not every independent record store reports its sales to Luminate, so these numbers will be underreported. You're also assuming that all the Pearl Jam items were sold, which is unlikely. Either they sold something south of the 14,905 that would have gotten them into the top 50, or they sold more than that but unreported sales are not being accounted for. I know that my local independent record store does not report its sales. Transactions are done by hand, not by UPC scan, and they have confirmed to me that they do not report sales. (And this is not like RIAA certifications, which count shipments to retailers, not sales to consumers.)

The total number of Give Way LPs and CDs that were made available was 19,500. That is the theoretical maximum number of sales they could have achieved on Record Store Day, not the LP total alone. If all 19,500 had been sold and accounted for, it would have placed at No. 28 per HDD.

Taylor Swift's 68,515 sales total is all physical sales, in this case, LPs.
    Yes I know. But seeing as there aren't anymore of the vinyl available you would think it would be counted. Usually they include the streams on HDD. It doesn't show on my phone. Even then there are 7k Taylor copies not counted. Either way I think we should see top 50 at best top 70 worst
    But the only way for the sales to be counted is for them to be scanned. They don't accept someone's word that units were sold because it would be abused. I'm also not sure how you can state with certainty that "there aren't anymore of the vinyl available." Have you contacted every independent record store that received copies and confirmed that they're sold out? Even if every copy of TS's release were sold, there will still be an undercount because of non-reporting by many independent stores. Many indie stores are not set up with scanners because they add cost, and much of their inventory is used and not being sold for the list price that the scanner would ring up.

Are you sure the TS release was available to stream? Pearl Jam wasn't available to stream until Monday. Does HDD track streaming Friday to Thursday like Billboard or does it track Monday to Sunday? If it's Monday to Sunday, that would explain why it would have zeroes for Pearl Jam.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    BF25394 said:
    igotid88 said:
    So I checked hitsdailydouble.com and it's not in the top 50. The vinyl alone should place it at 46. Which at the moment has Luke Combs at 15,347. Also i see Taylor's rsd is at number 2 with 68,515 even though there were 75,000 copies available. This includes streaming as well
    Not every independent record store reports its sales to Luminate, so these numbers will be underreported. You're also assuming that all the Pearl Jam items were sold, which is unlikely. Either they sold something south of the 14,905 that would have gotten them into the top 50, or they sold more than that but unreported sales are not being accounted for. I know that my local independent record store does not report its sales. Transactions are done by hand, not by UPC scan, and they have confirmed to me that they do not report sales. (And this is not like RIAA certifications, which count shipments to retailers, not sales to consumers.)

The total number of Give Way LPs and CDs that were made available was 19,500. That is the theoretical maximum number of sales they could have achieved on Record Store Day, not the LP total alone. If all 19,500 had been sold and accounted for, it would have placed at No. 28 per HDD.

Taylor Swift's 68,515 sales total is all physical sales, in this case, LPs.
    Yes I know. But seeing as there aren't anymore of the vinyl available you would think it would be counted. Usually they include the streams on HDD. It doesn't show on my phone. Even then there are 7k Taylor copies not counted. Either way I think we should see top 50 at best top 70 worst
    But the only way for the sales to be counted is for them to be scanned. They don't accept someone's word that units were sold because it would be abused. I'm also not sure how you can state with certainty that "there aren't anymore of the vinyl available." Have you contacted every independent record store that received copies and confirmed that they're sold out? Even if every copy of TS's release were sold, there will still be an undercount because of non-reporting by many independent stores. Many indie stores are not set up with scanners because they add cost, and much of their inventory is used and not being sold for the list price that the scanner would ring up.

Are you sure the TS release was available to stream? Pearl Jam wasn't available to stream until Monday. Does HDD track streaming Friday to Thursday like Billboard or does it track Monday to Sunday? If it's Monday to Sunday, that would explain why it would have zeroes for Pearl Jam.
    I believe the TS album was streaming when the Disney plus episode came out. And I know it has to be scanned to be counted. So when they say 75k available are they all in the U.S. or all over the world? Or is it a separate batch? 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    Is this readily available now post RSD, or did it all sell out?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    TK46426TK46426 Posts: 29
    Iam not sure it completely sold out but watching this post on the Saturday of RSD it was mostly reported by people that the local store they go to were sold out or selling out that day. It seemed that fewer people were reporting that the stores had plenty. 
  • Options
    TK46426 said:
    Iam not sure it completely sold out but watching this post on the Saturday of RSD it was mostly reported by people that the local store they go to were sold out or selling out that day. It seemed that fewer people were reporting that the stores had plenty. 

Few record stores are sold out but many still have copies in stock. Many UK online stores still have copies available.
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    edited May 2023
    My friend owns a record store and said his copies of Give Way haven't arrived from the distributor yet. Also expects more of the Van Halen.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    ZoSoTim said:
    My friend owns a record store and said his copies of Give Way haven't arrived from the distributor yet. Also expects more of the Van Halen.
    On RSD the owner of my local store said he received plenty of the Give Way vinyl, but the CDs had been delayed and didn't expect to get them for a week or two. I haven't been back over there yet to see if he ever got them.
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,976
    Any word on whether or not these have shipped from 10c? Aside from the label creation, my tracking info hasn't changed. Has anyone actually received the 10c variant yet?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    dudeman said:
    Any word on whether or not these have shipped from 10c? Aside from the label creation, my tracking info hasn't changed. Has anyone actually received the 10c variant yet?
    I got an email with tracking info on 4/24 and my copy arrived this morning. 
  • Options
    dudeman said:

I see a few folks on Instagram have received their copy. My vinyl tracking just updated on the UPS site this afternoon.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    dudeman said:
    No movement or updates here. About what I expect from Ten Club LLC.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,285
    A couple of tidbits:

1) Billboard is reporting TS's RSD release as having exactly 75,000 equivalent units, all from sales of the vinyl. This is interesting not only because it means that all copies were sold, but that all were somehow accounted for. I'm not sure how this is possible.

2) As previously noted, there is no streaming data for the TS RSD tracks. I have seen someone claim that this is because the streams of those individual tracks are credited to Folklore. I don't know if that's true. If it is, it is yet another example of how the Billboard 200 is completely screwed-up in its measurement of streaming. That chart no longer has any meaning even though it still remains the chart of record.

3) Data were delayed due to problems with Luminate this week. Maybe that accounts for the possible absence of PJ streaming data in the HDD report.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    dudeman said:
    I got mine yesterday. Completely surprised, since I did check early afternoon and it hadn't even shipped according to my account. That was quick.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    A couple of tidbits:

1) Billboard is reporting TS's RSD release as having exactly 75,000 equivalent units, all from sales of the vinyl. This is interesting not only because it means that all copies were sold, but that all were somehow accounted for. I'm not sure how this is possible.

2) As previously noted, there is no streaming data for the TS RSD tracks. I have seen someone claim that this is because the streams of those individual tracks are credited to Folklore. I don't know if that's true. If it is, it is yet another example of how the Billboard 200 is completely screwed-up in its measurement of streaming. That chart no longer has any meaning even though it still remains the chart of record.

3) Data were delayed due to problems with Luminate this week. Maybe that accounts for the possible absence of PJ streaming data in the HDD report.
    Billboard did the same with the 32k from the Unplugged RSD. Pearl Jam doesn't stream that well. Especially when they release the live stuff. So the streams of this release probably won't make a dent. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ZoSoTimZoSoTim Posts: 606
    BF25394 said:
    A couple of tidbits:

There were 75K pressed for the US alone.
    Dallas, TX (November 15, 2013)
    Chicago 1 (August 20, 2016)
    Chicago 2 (August 22, 2016)
    Ft. Worth 1 (September 13, 2023)
    Ft. Worth 2 (September 15, 2023)
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,592
    Clear LP and CD arrived in LA yesterday.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    motleygunnermotleygunner Arizona Posts: 136
    So... What's the most effective answer to the question "Why did you buy that, we don't even have a record player?"...

• Options
    AD178110AD178110 Posts: 13
    So... What's the most effective answer to the question "Why did you buy that, we don't even have a record player?"...

Order a record player fast, smile big and say “we do now!”
  • Options
    motleygunnermotleygunner Arizona Posts: 136
    AD178110 said:

Order a record player fast, smile big and say “we do now!”
    That's a very bold strategy...
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905

We didn't need one until now.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Damn that's beautiful. 

No record player? Hmm .. you could play frisbee with it?
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029

@motleygunner I would take that off your hands.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    ZoSoTim said:
    BF25394 said:
    A couple of tidbits:

There were 75K pressed for the US alone.
    There are a lot of swifties!

Nice avatar.  Saw him in Brooklyn.