Options

The Last of Us

1235»

Comments

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    mace1229 said:
    Just finished this.  What a great show.  The Sam and Henry part was dumb.  Ellie and the Mall scene was dragged out.  My only two real complaints.

I did find it interesting that Ellie is gay in the game.  I don't game too much but that is the first time I had ever heard of that in a game.  That is pretty groundbreaking.

So the end scene.  Joel gives up the notion of anyone ever being cured to save Ellie?  Because they don't have Ellies brain parts to use they can't make a cure?
    Those were my two complaints too. Overall loved the show.
    Never played the game, I was curious if she was gay in the game or if that added that for the show.
    I thought for sure they had added it to the show as it seems like a requirement now but no, they had her gay in the game so that is truly remarkable and groundbreaking and surprised that we hadn't heard more about it from angry homophobes, lol.
    My wife and i joke about that all the time. Every new show we start we try to guess who it's going to be. 
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,029
    mca47 said:
    Just finished this.  What a great show.  The Sam and Henry part was dumb.  Ellie and the Mall scene was dragged out.  My only two real complaints.

I did find it interesting that Ellie is gay in the game.  I don't game too much but that is the first time I had ever heard of that in a game.  That is pretty groundbreaking.

So the end scene.  Joel gives up the notion of anyone ever being cured to save Ellie?  Because they don't have Ellies brain parts to use they can't make a cure?
    Can't really get into that last part, but what would you have done?  Joel, failing to protect his daughter Sarah, then developing what amounted to a dad-daughter bond again with Ellie.  Then Ellie being forced to undergo an unconsented procedure that will kill her, for an unproven "cure".  I can't say I blame him.  
    If one life can save many then you do it for the greater good.  Now that being said I don't have a bond with someone whom I have to sacrifice.

If it's been that long I'm sure Joel would have been hardened and not harboring the past too much.  Just my opinion.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    mca47 said:

Can't really get into that last part, but what would you have done?  Joel, failing to protect his daughter Sarah, then developing what amounted to a dad-daughter bond again with Ellie.  Then Ellie being forced to undergo an unconsented procedure that will kill her, for an unproven "cure".  I can't say I blame him.  
    If one life can save many then you do it for the greater good.  Now that being said I don't have a bond with someone whom I have to sacrifice.

If it's been that long I'm sure Joel would have been hardened and not harboring the past too much.  Just my opinion.
    I hear ya'.  My biggest thing is they took Ellie.  At that point, she didn't consent to the operation, she didn't know it was going to kill her.  If she was down for that and agreed to "take one for the better good", that's one thing.  I dunno.

I think Joel did harden over the years, but it wasn't until Ellie came into his life that he started looking back and having those feelings again.  Then again, he also still wears the broken watch that Sarah gave him to this day.  The same busted watch that took the same bullet that killed her.

Oh well, I've always loved the discussion on whether what he did was right and how it plays out going forward.