Options

The Last of Us

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    I did think it was kind of odd that they camped out right in the middle of that room rather than trying to conceal themselves. That just seemed obvious to me.
    Well they were about 35 flights up.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    And I would have put the glass OUTSIDE the door....why put it inside right next to your bed?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    mace1229 said:
    Been watching this. Never heard of the game, but really liking it so far. It does remind me of early TWD, but a little better. Even the "good" seasons of TWD had some slow spots, like the first half of season 2.
    I didn't care for the episode with Bill. An entire episode for someone who dies at the end of it? I didn't see the point in having that episode. Maybe it makes more sense in the game or something. 
    Yeah I didn't really get the Bill episode, was good and all, but I don't remember it at all from the game.

From what I do remember from the game is the ending was awesome, so if you're gonna check out, I might come back and watch the last episode.
    In the game there are much cooler "zombies" than what they've showed so far.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    And I would have put the glass OUTSIDE the door....why put it inside right next to your bed?
    Yeah, by the time you hear it it’s too late.
    but if he didn’t hear it inside, won’t hear it outside either. He just needs better booby traps.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    I know everyone is praising episode 3 but holy shit this week's episode was incredible.  One of the best TV episodes I've seen in awhile.  
  • Options
    Definitely a good one. Final set piece in the neighborhood was fantastic, but that ending was crushing.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,854
    Actually remember that ending and sniper scene from the game, looked spot on to the the level. Gutted
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    Another fantastic episode. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,256
    Yeah, episode 5 was fantastic!  I loved the changes they made and what they kept.  Knowing what I know from the game, I have a hard time believing there are only 4 episodes left in this "season/game/show/etc.".  Lots to cover still!  Hope the final 4 are extended (hour+) episodes.
  • Options
    Liked this last episode. I think I realized why it is so much better than TWD. What TWD would stretch into a full season, Last of US gets done in an episode. This was like season 3 of TWD wrapped up into 1 episode. That lady was the Governor. They just dont stretch everything out forever. Keeps it moving well. 
  • Options
    agreed....that was crazy. 

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    i had away more expectations for this..
    show has nothing intresting to watch .boring as well,no imspiration at all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,939
    edited February 2023
    I did think it was kind of odd that they camped out right in the middle of that room rather than trying to conceal themselves. That just seemed obvious to me.
    Yeah agree, like in horror flicks where people sleep with the curtains and window open. Go figure 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Great episode last night...not sure what's up with Joel

• Options
    That was good.  Loved seeing the dialogue with Joel and Tommy and the scene with Joel and Ellie in the bedroom.  That scene was almost word for word the same as the game and I loved it!
  • Options
    I missed it like most of us. There's a Riot Act poster in the room Ellie was staying in

I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Makes me wonder if they'll use All or None. Since they can't use Future Days
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Was that a spoiler alert? 

What about Green Disease? or It’s Evolution baby!? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I missed it like most of us. There's a Riot Act poster in the room Ellie was staying in

Awesome, I missed that one!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

great catch....I missed that

I am amazed at some of the clips I see compared to the video game.  I started watching this without even realizing it was a game so it's really interesting to see. 

My son used to play Left 4 Dead on xbox...I'm guessing that was the MS version of Last of Us. It was more of a shooter rather than an in depth game from what I remember.

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    Was that a spoiler alert? 

What about Green Disease? or It’s Evolution baby!? 
    I didn't take that as a spoiler. I took it as nothing after 2003 exists, so if they use a song in the show it has to be from Riot Act or earlier.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

great catch....I missed that

I am amazed at some of the clips I see compared to the video game.  I started watching this without even realizing it was a game so it's really interesting to see. 

My son used to play Left 4 Dead on xbox...I'm guessing that was the MS version of Last of Us. It was more of a shooter rather than an in depth game from what I remember.
    Very different games. Last of Us is a somewhat linear, third person story game, huge focus on the characters, their character journey, and a story with strong themes. Left 4 Dead is more of a just survive the hoards game if I remember right. Fun, just a different experience.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    The game timeline and the show timeline are slightly different.  Outbreak day in the game (I believe) was 2013 and the main part of the game was supposed to be 2033.  In the show, outbreak day was supposed to be 2003 with the main part taking place in 2023.
    So, Future Days should exist.
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    The game timeline and the show timeline are slightly different.  Outbreak day in the game (I believe) was 2013 and the main part of the game was supposed to be 2033.  In the show, outbreak day was supposed to be 2003 with the main part taking place in 2023.
    I don't see why PJ couldn't write music during this time.  Are we to assume they became infected, and if so, who got it first?  haha
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I don't see why PJ couldn't write music during this time.  Are we to assume they became infected, and if so, who got it first?  haha
    Boom

• Options
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    How would he have heard it then? Are they still releasing new music and movies/tv shows after the outbreak?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    How would he have heard it then? Are they still releasing new music and movies/tv shows after the outbreak?
    Sure, why not.  hahaha.  Either way, timelines or not, I loved that song being in the game and hope it is in the show.  
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    igotid88 said:
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I'm also pretty sure Eddie wouldn't have had the time to do the navel gazing required for songwriting if there was a zombie apocalypse assuming he even survived.  I would think getting food and protection might be more prominent and if there was songwriting time it would be of a much different sort, so I vote that future days would likely not exist, even on the underground apocalypse entertainment circuit. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    mca47 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Sure, why not.  hahaha.  Either way, timelines or not, I loved that song being in the game and hope it is in the show.  
    It might be used in the background or at the end of the show during the end credits
    I miss igotid88