Options

How much do you love/hate your current job?

How much do you love/hate your current job? And what do you do?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

How much do you love/hate your current job? 30 votes

1 - Despise my Job
0%
3%
mcgruff10 1 vote
3%
rossstothers 1 vote
3%
markymark550 1 vote
5 - Feel indifferent
6%
goldrushHi! 2 votes
6%
MalrothGern Blansten 2 votes
30%
darwinstheoryJOEJOEJOEHesCalledDyerrl186076brianluxtempo_n_groovePJ_SoulhadrieliaJeBurkhardt 9 votes
16%
smile6680mfc2006Vitalogensia1ThoughtKnownJojoRice 5 votes
6%
josevolutionlmckenney24 2 votes
10 - Really love my Job
23%
PureandEasymickeyratBentleyspopstatic111MedozKF Me In The BrainWeston1283 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    edited December 2022
    Director of Marketing & Retail at a manufacturing company. Every day is different, which I love. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    edited December 2022
    5 - Feel indifferent

Like GBC, I’m indifferent to it.  It’s a job to get a check. Has its ups/downs. I work in manufacturing (shop rat) and punch in at a time clock. Im hoping someday to maybe switch “careers” and be a greeter at Wal-Mart. 

Post edited by Hi! on

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    I might be closer to a 3 now that I think about it. If you'd have asked me a year or so ago, I probably would have said 9 or 10. My how things change in a year...

I'm constantly looking at jobs similar to mine. When I find the right one, I'm out.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,271
    5 - Feel indifferent
    Consumables Inventory Planner for a medical company. 
    There have been plenty of times when I’ve loved it, and it can be a rewarding role. But there have also been enough times when I’ve wanted to kick the door down and get the hell out of there. These days I’m mostly indifferent to it.
    I used to work long hours dealing with vendors in the US, Europe, and China but it was taking a toll, especially during the lockdown years. It took me long enough to realise that my health was more important. Working from home has its bonuses but now I make sure to switch off on time and relax.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    10 - Really love my Job
    Left an ownership position working with people I loved, as VP of an IT company dealing with Retail, just over a year ago to go to a job I was excited about and an industry I'm more excited about.  Life is good.
    VP of an engineering co.  Working with bio/pharma and chemical/industrial fortune 500s.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,915
    High School teacher
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    CPA....I hate that I have to work but I'm not sure what else I would do. If I didn't work for myself I would have selected "1"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    Materials lead manager for Orthopedic service @ Level 1 trauma hospital! Fast moving high stress but I really like my team I work with, been doing it for 29 years I’m planning on retiring next sept when I turn 63 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited December 2022
    10 - Really love my Job
    I got a new job a few months ago as an industrial boiler inspector, Power Plants, Paper Mills, etc.  I'm loving it.  3 months on 3 months off and making much more money than I was at 40 hrs a week 52 weeks a year. Plus I have a great boss, get to travel all over the world and sometimes work with cool people.

If you asked me 7 months ago I would have answered 1 hating life
    Post edited by static111 on
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Great thread. Very interesting  to read
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    Year 22 of teaching middle school and I"m burnt.  Kids are very different in the post pandemic world.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Year 22 of teaching middle school and I"m burnt.  Kids are very different in the post pandemic world.  

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,422
    Entertainment / music industry CPA.....has a lot of cool perks but the never-ending deadlines are a killer!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Man i feel for you
     A great man in a world of absolute bullshit.its becoming  a thankless task . With  no benefits. 
    Mike you  are... you are.. a tower of strength to me. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    I supervise a group of electronics techs at a correctional facility. It can be a tough place to work, but the people in my department usually make it enjoyable.  
  • Options
    static111 said:
    I got a new job a few months ago as an industrial boiler inspector, Power Plants, Paper Mills, etc.  I'm loving it.  3 months on 3 months off and making much more money than I was at 40 hrs a week 52 weeks a year. Plus I have a great boss, get to travel all over the world and sometimes work with cool people.

Traveling on and off was always fun until it was all travel and no off, lol.  Getting paid to see the world is why I did it for so long.
  • Options
    PM for a Miscellaneous Metals Company.  I have a lot of freedom where I work which makes up for the lack of bonuses.  Pay is the only reason why my current job doesn't rank higher.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    mcgruff10 said:
    Man i feel for you
     A great man in a world of absolute bullshit.its becoming  a thankless task . With  no benefits. 
    Ha ha. This is great!

the first part of your statement is absolutely true and it sucks.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Man i feel for you
    Ha ha. This is great!

You're not great so I don't get it...

=) 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Man i feel for you
    Ha ha. This is great!

=) 
    You're
    You Are

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    10 - Really love my Job
    static111 said:

Traveling on and off was always fun until it was all travel and no off, lol.  Getting paid to see the world is why I did it for so long.
    The great part is that inspections only happen for the most part in fall or spring so that nobody has to be inside of a giant metal box during the extreme temps of summer and winter months, so there is a built in end to the travel season.  And the work is required by insurance companies and codes to keep the facilities running so it will be there until we move away from using industrial boilers.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Man i feel for you
    Ha ha. This is great!

=) 
    Lyrics from you are.  ;)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,688
    10 - Really love my Job
    except for assholes in passenger vehicles , trucking is just anti-social enough for me. love the solitude it provides and my company really values its employees.

HS dropout, drank/drugged for 20+ yrs and now make 6 figures.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    edited December 2022
    10 - Really love my Job
    Retired from my "adult" career which I grew to hate, almost 20 years ago
    Now I'm the beer manager at Omaha's largest and best craft beer, wine, and specialty spirits store.
    Yes I get to drink a lot of cool stuff for free.
    No I can't get you any Blanton's.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I would say I’m satisfied with my job given the amount of work I do. It’s just that it’s extremely boring and annoying work and there’s not much motivation in getting it done. 
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,756
    mickeyrat said:
    except for assholes in passenger vehicles , trucking is just anti-social enough for me. love the solitude it provides and my company really values its employees.

HS dropout, drank/drugged for 20+ yrs and now make 6 figures.....
    Can I borrow ten bucks? Love u MRat.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Now I'm the beer manager at Omaha's largest and best craft beer, wine, and specialty spirits store.
    LOL @ the Blanton's comment. I briefly worked at a huge liquor store here in KC and that's all everyone asked about. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    But what do you think of Blanton's?

I think it's great when you can find it for MSRP. I've only been able to purchase it at the Buffalo Trace distillery....never seen it on a shelf

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    5 - Feel indifferent

@ about a one right now. Got to do some re-work this morning. How the fu@k are we supposed to know there’s a left hand side when all you gave us is one print and said nothing about a lh/rh.

😬

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    10 - Really love my Job
    But what do you think of Blanton's?

I think it's great when you can find it for MSRP. I've only been able to purchase it at the Buffalo Trace distillery....never seen it on a shelf

Just picked up a whole bunch of allocated BTD products this morning. Including 7 bottles of Blanton.
    I'm not much of a bourbon drinker. I like it but I also know that as a single barrel it varies from batch to batch.
    Most bottles purchased by the "bourbon bros" are sitting on shelves collecting dust and never opened.