So, you enjoyed that Pearl Jam show huh?

2»

Comments

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    I think the  humour has been missed here
    Correct.
    I Dont Get It Clueless GIF - I Dont Get It Clueless Big - Discover  Share  GIFs
    Kearnsy
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646

1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,983
    edited October 2022
    Kearn5y said:
    Correct.

so. I think it's like I post about a show I saw that I loved. Then someone else posts about how it was bad because of something silly negating the positive vibe. Soanyway I conject that the op is being positive.

Case closed
    Loujoe said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Correct.

so. I think it's like I post about a show I saw that I loved. Then someone else posts about how it was bad because of something silly negating the positive vibe. Soanyway I conject that the op is being positive.

Case closed
    Big 1988 - Josh Doesnt Get It Scene 35  Movieclips on Make a GIF
    Kearnsy
    Loujoe said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Correct.

Case closed
    Cant be positive, If you are thrashing someone positive comments. 

Me - I loved the show but I'm not allow to post it here because its for facebook.
    You - I though the show was shit, but feel free to comment here on why it was shit. 

Kearnsy
    Now I don't get it. Oh well. Some mysteries are best left unsolved.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    edited October 2022
    ???
    Post edited by stuckinline on
  • I read it as an ironic statement . The op is saying in my opinion that they came to see fun reviews and  saw lots of bitchin?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    I read it as an ironic statement . The op is saying in my opinion that they came to see fun reviews and  saw lots of bitchin?
    It’s more than that. They are saying people are telling them their thoughts on the show were wrong. Maybe I missed it but I have not see that at all on here. 

“Well you can take that shit to facebook because out here on The Porch we are here to explain to you why you most certainly did NOT enjoy that show.”

• I saw it as 100% this ^ also.
    Post hoke ergo procter hoke
  • Maybe op may explain. There are people on here that tell others what they should  think. i.e  andrew watt should not sing hunger strike. Or the set list is too short and too much 10.  I got  bored of people moaning  about the show or set or stone  not moving enough.  Stupid shit really. Oh well its all opinions 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Well my show was definitely the best show - I just know it.  ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    The humor and/or sarcasm got lost in the condescension and anger.
    True^^i wuz thair
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,696
    Maybe op may explain. There are people on here that tell others what they should  think. i.e  andrew watt should not sing hunger strike. Or the set list is too short and too much 10.  I got  bored of people moaning  about the show or set or stone  not moving enough.  Stupid shit really. Oh well its all opinions 
    My Dad likes to say "Opinions are like A-holes, everyone has one and they are often full of crap". (cleaned up the language a bit)
  • I heard that saying
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

My dad says 'excuses' instead of 'opinions'. 
    My opinion is I like my dad's version better!

Jkng
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,320
    REASON #1:

The sets are now way too short.  No more second encore.  STL was only 22 songs.  Even Lolla 2007 was 23 songs and did include a third encore.  ATL 2012 was 24 songs and also included a second encore.  How are we not getting a second encore at a headlining show, but we got them even in festival sets in the past.  This is going to be very hard to get over.  I am not ok with the new normal.
    There's no need to say goodbye
    REASON #1:

The sets are now way too short.  No more second encore.  STL was only 22 songs.  Even Lolla 2007 was 23 songs and did include a third encore.  ATL 2012 was 24 songs and also included a second encore.  How are we not getting a second encore at a headlining show, but we got them even in festival sets in the past.  This is going to be very hard to get over.  I am not ok with the new normal.
    Now Im really confused. Are we not supposed to wait for a positive comment before we can rip it apart?

Im not on facebook to post a positive comment but I really enjoyed the 3 shorter shows that I attended this year. Feel free to rip me apart for saying this.
    Kearnsy
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    Kearn5y said:
    REASON #1:

Now Im really confused. Are we not supposed to wait for a positive comment before we can rip it apart?

Im not on facebook to post a positive comment but I really enjoyed the 3 shorter shows that I attended this year. Feel free to rip me apart for saying this.
    I’m on this train.  I saw my favorite band of 30 years still together and performing at a very high level.  All three shows I saw were terrific and seeing 5 less songs did zero to diminish my enjoyment.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206