Options

The 2023 Tour Speculation Thread - Potential Dates/Cities, Logistics/Data & Wishlists **UPDATED**

Comments

• Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 408
    If what was said by novaselic was right about Pj playing in the spring when should they announce those dates by
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 618
    Flavafraz said:
    If what was said by novaselic was right about Pj playing in the spring when should they announce those dates by
    If they were Metallica it would have been in 2021… so probably March 2023
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,869
    Flavafraz said:

Early January I'm guessing.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    edited December 2022
    We found out on March 14th for May shows this year. Hopefully we get a bigger heads up this time around. Also please give us both legs again at the same time. 
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 918
    PJNB said:
    We found out on March 14th for May shows this year. Hopefully we get a bigger heads up this time around. Also please give us both legs again at the same time. 
    that's a longgg time from now, hope for sooner!
  • Options
    Since there's not much going on news wise, and we're just bullshitting here - I propose they do a themed tour, let's call it "10 years gone". And they can take as much time as needed a la Metallica, with plenty of breaks. So the idea is to do a tour of great cities that they haven't played in 10 years or more. Halifax, Montreal, Boise (the bootleg from 2000 sounds awesome), Houston, you get the idea. Would be a blast and maybe add Alaska so that the Alaskan fan can finally take a break from bumping their thread haha. Come on Ed, the Maritime beer is waiting for ya on the East coast!

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    Come on Ed, the Maritime beer is waiting for ya on the East coast!
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Yeah a bigger heads up would be great. Giving us only 3 months to get ready for tour time, gets intense! 
  • Options
    March 10th-19th 2023 is SXSW ..

https://www.facebook.com/100058121827285

Hi everyone! We’re pleased to announce that Painted Shield will be performing @sxsw next year! Hope to see you there 🎨🛡️#sxsw2023 #sxswmusic

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    Nice!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    I feel there will be news soon from The Rockfords that they will be doing some shows in Seattle next year. 
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 300
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:
    A long time? Hell, I'm sitting here waiting for the Euro tour 2024 that will be announced in December 2023 😉
  • Options
    JABK said:
    DEGBTI said:
    PJNB said:
    A long time? Hell, I'm sitting here waiting for the Euro tour 2024 that will be announced in December 2023 😉

• Options
    So what do we got so far?
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 334
    Stone saying that Pearl Jam are taking a break after the 2022 tour, keep on working on their new album in 2023 and when the album comes out in 2024 they almost surely tour in that year to promote the new songs.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Zen23 said:
    Stone saying that Pearl Jam are taking a break after the 2022 tour, keep on working on their new album in 2023 and when the album comes out in 2024 they almost surely tour in that year to promote the new songs.
    He said they are taking a break? I thought the spring tour was a lock. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Zen23 said:
    Don't remember there being a lock on a spring tour. Hope that changes though. 
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    PJNB said:
    Zen23 said:
    I would think that they would tour one more time in support of Gigaton before a new album, even if only a month, to hit up areas of the US that they missed in the last go-round.  Still holding out hope based on the Novoselic interview. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    Zen23 said:
    didn't Matt's band mate in 3rd Secret say in a quote that they are losing Matt to PJ in the spring? That's what I read anyway
  • Options
    Who knows.  I’ve got EV at Innings in Feb., Springsteen in March and RHCP in April.  PJ in 
    May or later would be great but we can’t wait around for these guys to do something.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    edited December 2022
    Who knows.  I’ve got EV at Innings in Feb., Springsteen in March and RHCP in April.  PJ in 
    May or later would be great but we can’t wait around for these guys to do something.  
    You're spot on with that.  The new standard in the industry is 6 months notice minimum, and as we have seen with Blink 182, metallica, etc... sometimes even up to 18 months.

Every trip, weekend, vacation, concert etc takes months more of planning than it did pre-covid
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,635
    You're spot on with that.  The new standard in the industry is 6 months notice minimum, and as we have seen with Blink 182, metallica, etc... sometimes even up to 18 months.

Every trip, weekend, vacation, concert etc takes months more of planning than it did pre-covid
    New standard since when? Every big act I saw in 2022 was announced February - March
  • Options
    and didn't a recent 10 club notice mention seeing you very soon or something like that
  • Options

Also considering adding a Dead and Co.  - wasn’t planning to, not a huge fan, but apparently it’s their last tour.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    DEGBTI said:
    demetrios said:
    PJNB said:
    Zen23 said:
    didn't Matt's band mate in 3rd Secret say in a quote that they are losing Matt to PJ in the spring? That's what I read anyway
    D'oh! I forgot about Krist said. We will so. 
  • Options
    DJSim22DJSim22 Hastings MN Posts: 4
    Please come to St. Paul or Minneapolis....
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    New England & Atlantic Canada tour dates please for 2023. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    UPDATE - 01/04
    - several acts have announced tour dates, so that helped narrow the field. Just finished up the Southeast to NY. Working on midwest, then Texas & onward. Still tinkering with a small jaunt that starts or ends in Seattle, and includes 3 Canada date proposals.
    - heard from on here & one more source that Wrigley is out for the year, but I do want to go someday ;)
    - I don't have any concrete data, but I don't think Ed will take the summer off. Any chance of Earthlings shows? Chad & Josh seem raring to go, and with Andrew Watt being in the mix, would they do a small Earthlings tour as a victory lap for the next PJ record, or a breather before they finish up? Either way, I'm sticking with my prediction of a short leg 1, 2 ballparks (or 1 ballpark/1 fest), break, then leg 2, capped with 1 ballpark + Seattle (give, or take Missoula)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    UPDATE - 01/04
    - several acts have announced tour dates, so that helped narrow the field. Just finished up the Southeast to NY. Working on midwest, then Texas & onward. Still tinkering with a small jaunt that starts or ends in Seattle, and includes 3 Canada date proposals.
    - heard from on here & one more source that Wrigley is out for the year, but I do want to go someday ;)
    - I don't have any concrete data, but I don't think Ed will take the summer off. Any chance of Earthlings shows? Chad & Josh seem raring to go, and with Andrew Watt being in the mix, would they do a small Earthlings tour as a victory lap for the next PJ record, or a breather before they finish up? Either way, I'm sticking with my prediction of a short leg 1, 2 ballparks (or 1 ballpark/1 fest), break, then leg 2, capped with 1 ballpark + Seattle (give, or take Missoula)
    No more ball parks for me...  Maybe Boston if nothing else is happening but I've had my fill by now.
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    UPDATE - 01/04

3 Canadian date proposals? Very nice!
    Still hoping for some New England dates in 2023.