Please Let Us Bundle a Poster & Shirt with 10C Tickets

Comments

• Chrrie said:
    Dave Matthews Band sends an email the day of to everyone in the fan club who has tickets for that show to buy a poster, event shirt, or poster + shirt bundle that will be shipped a week later. They still have early outdoor merch and it’s still packed with people who want more than what’s offered online. It’s a great model, and one I wish PJ would consider. 
    DMB literally built one of the largest concert merch companies in the world (Musictoday) they have the infrastructure to do that. PJ has a warehouse with a handful of employees. People get pissed when it takes a couple of weeks to get records shipped. The amount of conniption fits that would happen to send out posters/tees and stickers for a 20 date tour would be staggering. 

the current system may not be working for fans and that sucks, but it works for the 10c and the band and it doesn't seem to be harming demand for anything PJ.

• SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Think of the Las Vegas or Sacramento bundles they sold us due to the cancelled shows. Imagine poor Santos having to do 8,000 of those bundles for every show. It just doesn't seem realistic. 

And honestly, they probably would be concerned that demand would wane due to easy availability. People tend to want things more when they feel like it's a scarce item.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    But speaking of show shirts. While the quality of shirts seems a little less (thin shirts), the designs are knocking it out of the park on this tour. Was it 2016 when we had those awful 4 eye shirts? Yuck! Now they're 2 sided and for the most part, great designs for most shows.
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Should be pretty easy to do a 10C drop where you get a code after your show to order a poster and show shirt at retail price.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    I agree. Let us pre-order the shirt/poster
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    They’ve done it before(poster), and it was great.  If it’s(presale) for Fan Club only, I don’t think they lose any business as far as merch goes.  If anything they might have a better idea of how many posters to print.  I think last time they did it I had to commit to purchase blind, before seeing poster, and it was still worth it.  No poster to carry through the show.
    Shirt/poster/ticket bundle would be awesome.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Even if my poster arrived 2-3 weeks after the show, I’d be fine with it.  The merch line wait times are complete BS.  Open up a second or third trailer, or simply allow this stuff to be sold to 10C members as part of the purchase of a ticket.  Again, I’ll pay for it, I don’t want it free or at a discount.  I also think for a band that hates scalping, they’d do what they could to keep the price of their collectibles down.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • apirk72apirk72 Posts: 501
    Lets be honest fans also don't want to keep the price of collectables down, people aren't buying multiples of everything because they want to hook people up, they want it to be valuable.

The pre ordering would be great from a fans perspective but would suck for the band so I don't know why they'd do it.  It would be way more work, they'd have to deal with complaints about posters(just read any poster thread), returns based on sizes becasue no one knows what size to get anymore because shirt sizes are all over the place.  It would be a mess for them.
  • We don’t need more people signing up for 10c and lowering our odds for tickets so they can also get merch to flip. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    I think changing it up too much is too much to ask, just put all the merch inside for ticket holders only, then the next day open a merch tent for non-ticket holders to buy whatever is left.

Problem solved???
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,783
    We don’t need more people signing up for 10c and lowering our odds for tickets so they can also get merch to flip. 

Excellent point.
    The thing is nothing the band could do would make a difference because they fans are the flippers.  Everyone who buys multiples are the problem or things they don’t even want are the problem.  You move everything inside and it will be a complete mess because there won’t be enough room for the massive lines and a lot of people will miss part of the show because they are standing in line.
    BSully said:
    I think changing it up too much is too much to ask, just put all the merch inside for ticket holders only, then the next day open a merch tent for non-ticket holders to buy whatever is left.

Problem solved???
    Maybe good for the fans, but the band would lose a ton of money.
  • Correct my memory, but i recall at a pj show in the past thinking msg where they gave us wrist bands before the show and we picked up our poster after the show upon showing out wristband. How about this idea, one 10c tix gives u the option to pre order  tshirt, poster, pin, sticker etc. At some point in the night you show up to scan your wristband to pick up your items.  Helps pj know exactly how many items to print. Yes they still need items for walk up sales but they take care of the 10c fans.

It seems we are full of good ideas on this board..
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,206
    Kevinman said:
    They’ve done it before(poster), and it was great.  If it’s(presale) for Fan Club only, I don’t think they lose any business as far as merch goes.  If anything they might have a better idea of how many posters to print.  I think last time they did it I had to commit to purchase blind, before seeing poster, and it was still worth it.  No poster to carry through the show.
    Shirt/poster/ticket bundle would be awesome.

+1
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Chrrie said:
    Dave Matthews Band sends an email the day of to everyone in the fan club who has tickets for that show to buy a poster, event shirt, or poster + shirt bundle that will be shipped a week later. They still have early outdoor merch and it’s still packed with people who want more than what’s offered online. It’s a great model, and one I wish PJ would consider. 
    DMB literally built one of the largest concert merch companies in the world (Musictoday) they have the infrastructure to do that. PJ has a warehouse with a handful of employees. People get pissed when it takes a couple of weeks to get records shipped. The amount of conniption fits that would happen to send out posters/tees and stickers for a 20 date tour would be staggering. 

the current system may not be working for fans and that sucks, but it works for the 10c and the band and it doesn't seem to be harming demand for anything PJ.

Yeah, in my imaginary version of this plan, people would have to be okay with waiting a while - until well after the tour is over - to get their stufff. They’d still do the regular merch tables at all the shows, then fulfill the club orders from the excess + new runs to cover the difference. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    jefft said:
    demetrios said:
    The problem TSURT had was short staff. Nobody wants to work these days. I do hope 10club management can fix that for next tour. Offer up show poster / shirt / sticker / button combos for those who have tickets to the show. 
    They should fire tsurt.  Hire someone else who puts out quality stuff.
    this is certainly a take. fire the guy who puts out stuff people wait 6 hours in line to buy and most things sell out?!
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    demetrios said:
    The problem TSURT had was short staff. Nobody wants to work these days. I do hope 10club management can fix that for next tour. Offer up show poster / shirt / sticker / button combos for those who have tickets to the show. 

Had I not gotten sick after Toronto, I was going to volunteer to help out in Nashville and St Louis. I figured I'd just be standing in line anyway, if I could help get people through quicker, why not? And, my partner would be in line to buy our poster and sticker. Sadly, I didn't get the chance.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Get_Right said:
    We don’t need more people signing up for 10c and lowering our odds for tickets so they can also get merch to flip. 

Excellent point.
    you really think merch will get people to sign up & not sign up just to get tix?

I think this is a reach, if you want tix....you sign up, despite merch...cmon now
  • RK50065 said:
    jefft said:
    demetrios said:
    They should fire tsurt.  Hire someone else who puts out quality stuff.
    this is certainly a take. fire the guy who puts out stuff people wait 6 hours in line to buy and most things sell out?!
    A lot of people want him out for varying reasons. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    They did allow to buy prebuy posters online for the 2009 tour (I bought one from the Calgary show).  It was great.  I didn't have to go to a Merch booth, or try to carry the thing around for a whole show.  I really liked it.

I read though, that it was a lot of work for the 10c to mail out that many posters, and that's why they stopped.   I get the feeling that in this case because ten club is kind of a mom and pop homegrown operation, they may not have the capacity to do such a thing.

I had moderate luck with indoor merch booths in oakland this year.  I got a poster and tour T on night 1, and a poster on night 2 without waiting in lines.   The only thing I missed out on was the show specific shirt.  I could of had night 1 but didn't think I would wear it, liked the night 2 one but they were sold out.

I think indoor merch booths take less time.  If you show up for doors, or shortly therafter, but before the masses show up, it's probably a lot less time than waiting at the outdoor booths.

Short version:  Yes, it would be amazing if they did this.  I don't think they will because it's a giant wad of logistical work and the 10c operation isn't that big.
  • On board with this.   Add a small premium to make up for any loss of incidental sales if you need to.  I’d pay an extra $20 or whatever if it guaranteed me a show poster and/or a shirt.   

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

CROJAM95 said:
    Get_Right said:

Excellent point.
    you really think merch will get people to sign up & not sign up just to get tix?

I think this is a reach, if you want tix....you sign up, despite merch...cmon now

The comment mentioned both tix and merch. Flippers gonna flip.
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited September 2022
     Get_Right said:
    The current model works for them.  Fixed amount of inventory probably makes it easier to manage and sell with less financial risk. With pre-orders the business model changes from sales to order fulfillment. 
    unless it's a cancelled show, then we can do bundles..  :s
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

myoung321 said:
     Get_Right said:
    The current model works for them.  Fixed amount of inventory probably makes it easier to manage and sell with less financial risk. With pre-orders the business model changes from sales to order fulfillment. 
    unless it's a canceled show, then we can do bundles..  :s

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  =) 
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    Get_Right said:
    myoung321 said:
     Get_Right said:

You either care that your fans are waiting in ridiculous lines, or you don't... 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

myoung321 said:
    Get_Right said:
    myoung321 said:
     Get_Right said:

My guess is that they do not mind moving huge amounts of inventory before the doors even open. It has been going on for some time.  But who really knows? Information is not something this band is accustomed to sharing.
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    Get_Right said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Get_Right said:

Excellent point.

The comment mentioned both tix and merch. Flippers gonna flip.
    There is still incentive, for $20/yr it’s a no brainer to have a 10c account regardless of bundling & THAT making it harder to get tix… I don’t SEE the   Numbers climbing cause of that 
  • The only reasonable solution is to make a bit more merch and have a second location at shows to shorten lines.

Get_Right said:
    myoung321 said:
    Get_Right said:
    myoung321 said:
     Get_Right said:

My guess is that they do not mind moving huge amounts of inventory before the doors even open. It has been going on for some time.  But who really knows? Information is not something this band is accustomed to sharing.

Why would they need to share that information?

I know it is easy to blame the band but lets be honest the biggest problem is the fans.  il people stop using Pearl Jam merch as some kind of currency the lines and sellouts aren't going to end.   You want merch lines etc to be more fan friendly?  Buy just one of the things you want, don't buy stuff to flip/trade, dont bring other people with you just to buy more stuff to flip/trade.