MSG 9/11 Merch scores

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    GlowGirl said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    SHZA said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    in the rain nonetheless.....we all want something, but the cost isnt worth it financially and huge waste of time

but i guess flippers dont really have jobs, or decent ones

.I completely agree that if you asked me if I'd rather stand in a line for 3 hours for something or pay an extra $100 for it, it's a no brainer. But there's a social aspect to the merch scene. I ran into a bunch of people I've met through this forum and PJ Facebook. At one point, the couple next to me asked if I was "the mayor" because so many people stopped by to chat. So it didn't really feel like a waste of 3 hours just to get a mediocre poster 
    if you know anything from prior show merch sales , when you see that msg line....you have to say, hmmmm i bet 95% chance the most sought after merch will be gone wayyyy before i sniff the merch table.....your in NYC, so much fun to be had
    The MSG line was crazy. I got there early and waited several hours. I live in NYC - so what else did I need to do on a rainy Sunday. I got everything I wanted and was able to run it home. But when I was in Canada I only waited in one merch line, and actually had fun meeting some cool new people. I was in Toronto for several days so it did not infringe on my sightseeing.

idk, i got my GA wristband @ 1245 on 8th ave, walked to 7th ave & had vibes of a WALMART on Thanksgiving night......it was wrapped all the way around, with rain & puddles....for what? so someone can buy a shirt, and put it on right away? those plates & hat were long gone....it was being relayed to many in the line as I was texting friends who waited. So the other non sought after stuff would be easily available

Each their own, something called " opportunity cost" ....your time would be better utilized doing just about anything.

and the reason the good stuff sold out was the 3 person limit....which i fucked with the guy in front of me like 4 people in GA merch area, after they let  us in.....3 plates, 2 hats, 2 posters, 2 event shirts......didnt look like a fan

also btw, anyone notice the GUY selling merch in GA area? Bald dude....hes in the Cyndi Lauper medical commercial ( forgot, think for skin rashes)....hes prob an actor, haha so random

• PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    I waited from 1140 and was done a little before 3... never owned an MSG poster so I did what I had to do.... 

People will always take the opportunity to make money regardless... just like people sold GA tickets at MSG for THOUSANDS of dollars...

To each their own... if that's what makes them happy so be it... 

Scored 2 posters one for me and one for a buddy. A shirt for my son and myself.

If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
    PJ5a1 said:
    I waited from 1140 and was done a little before 3... never owned an MSG poster so I did what I had to do.... 

People will always take the opportunity to make money regardless... just like people sold GA tickets at MSG for THOUSANDS of dollars...

To each their own... if that's what makes them happy so be it... 

Scored 2 posters one for me and one for a buddy. A shirt for my son and myself.

for $20.?? 3.5 hours? ..thats the delta on the 10c poster sale vs at venue ( shipping/tax)......some decent to very nice ones are still available, nothing sold out quickly.....
  • I like what Metallica has started doing with their posters...they don't sell the posters at the show; they post a QR code on the screen before the show and you can scan it to buy then.  They then ship to your house.  Presumably, they print based off the demand ensuring everyone who wants one gets one.  
    This is the way to do it. Everyone wins! 
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
    not trying to be a DICK....but you have to take things into consideration......use the info and make SOUND decisions

• PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 446
    CROJAM95 said:
    not trying to be a DICK....but you have to take things into consideration......use the info and make SOUND decisions

You are simply judging every person who decided to wait in line.... 

Did you? Obviously not - stop judging and move on.

Folks don't need to justify to you the WHY they did something.
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
    PJ5a1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

its longer than the show you went to......just saying, you saved $5.80/hr.....enjoy your savings, tough guy
  • CROJAM95 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

its longer than the show you went to......just saying, you saved $5.80/hr.....enjoy your savings, tough guy
    Now, now.  Don't get this damn thread shut down you two.
    CROJAM95 said:
    PJ5a1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Now, now.  Don't get this damn thread shut down you two.
    im an advocate for common sense, math, real info to help make decisions. Yes its not my business, i guess im frustrated with how people are these days.....not using their melons
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,933
    PJ5a1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

I didn't really take it to be judging just giving an opinion. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 3,013
    JojoRice said:
    I like what Metallica has started doing with their posters...they don't sell the posters at the show; they post a QR code on the screen before the show and you can scan it to buy then.  They then ship to your house.  Presumably, they print based off the demand ensuring everyone who wants one gets one.  
    Now that is a great idea!!  @Santos L. Halper could this be something to look into down the line? 
    Love that idea!
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,343
    I like what Metallica has started doing with their posters...they don't sell the posters at the show; they post a QR code on the screen before the show and you can scan it to buy then.  They then ship to your house.  Presumably, they print based off the demand ensuring everyone who wants one gets one.  
    Unless you have no way to scan a QR code.  (I don't.)
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:

Welp... there goes that idea. Back to the drawing board.  :s

;)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    BF25394 said:
    If you can only get into the venue with digital entry, how can you not scan a code once inside?
    hihobibo said:
    BF25394 said:
    If you can only get into the venue with digital entry, how can you not scan a code once inside?

I think you can have your tickets printed at the box office if you don't have a smart phone on the day of the show.

• JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,205
    Got this at one of the merch stands after the show...

"I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,216
    JojoRice said:

Whaaaa ... ISO a copy.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,768
    JojoRice said:

Oh I didn't see that
    I miss igotid88
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 341
    Loved the show! Bailed on the merch lines as way too long for me.  So didn’t get merch at the show but did get COVID - so far worth it!  I did get my desired merch on eBay.
    igotid88 said:
    JojoRice said:

Oh I didn't see that
    Apparently they are only available at the merch stands inside and not every stand had them.  I had to go to 3 different stands before I found it. 

• MKSNYCMKSNYC Posts: 341
    JojoRice said:
    igotid88 said:
    JojoRice said:

Oh I didn't see that
    Apparently they are only available at the merch stands inside and not every stand had them.  I had to go to 3 different stands before I found it. 
    Is it good?
    MKSNYC said:
    JojoRice said:
    igotid88 said:
    JojoRice said:

Oh I didn't see that
    Is it good?
    Ya I like it.  It's something different.  Here's a youtube video where you can listen to it.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDOMpEfE9rY

• RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    How much was it?
    RS65573 said:
    How much was it?
    $15

• yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    To each their own. No way I’d wait in line for hours in the rain for merch, but I do get the desire to want show specific merch. It’s a nice keepsake of something special. 

I got to the venue when doors opened, skipped the merch in the lobby, went right upstairs and waited five min in line and got a license plate and sticker. Missed the blue hats by 1 person, which was a bummer, but not for my wallet. 

Then I went to my seats, talked to a few people, and read a book until my brother showed up for Pluralone. All in all, felt like a totally reasonable use of time.  

Also, best show specific merch ever was the GCF subway shirt. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,086
    JojoRice said:
    igotid88 said:
    JojoRice said:

Oh I didn't see that
    You waited in 3 lines, or just looked at the inventory and then waited in the one?

I only saw one stand inside, and the line was way too long for me, so I didn't even bother looking at what was available. 
    hihobibo said:
    JojoRice said:
    igotid88 said:
    JojoRice said:

Oh I didn't see that
    You waited in 3 lines, or just looked at the inventory and then waited in the one?

I only saw one stand inside, and the line was way too long for me, so I didn't even bother looking at what was available. 
    I just looked at the inventory at each one until I found a stand that had it.  Only had to wait in line about 5 min. They had a couple Pluralone shirts too but passed on those.  Was only interested in the single.  They also had Josh's new album on vinyl for $30. 

• JojoRice said:
    hihobibo said:
    JojoRice said:
    igotid88 said:
    JojoRice said:

Oh I didn't see that

I just looked at the inventory at each one until I found a stand that had it.  Only had to wait in line about 5 min. They had a couple Pluralone shirts too but passed on those.  Was only interested in the single.  They also had Josh's new album on vinyl for $30. 
    I would have bought that.  Dammit.
  • Well, I missed out on the NYC shirt but at least I got COVID-19! 
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    jdasilvaf said:
    Well, I missed out on the NYC shirt but at least I got COVID-19! 
    You're the 2nd person in the last 10 posts to say you got Covid there. Curious if you were in the GA pit or in seats?  And I hope you feel better soon!