Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956

• Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 365
    edited September 2022
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Do we know who gets final say over what the poster looks like? Do artists get full discretion or does someone at PJ/TC have to green light the final product? I'm assuming it is the former given that we occasionally get a Vancouver Wolfmanpig and today's Denver poster but was curious if anyone knows.
    Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but there was an instance (maybe in South America) where the poster was pulled before the show? 2005 ish? But that would be extremely rare - maybe the only occurrence that i can recall. 
    Yep, Klausens 2005 South America tour poster was pulled. 
    Now I want to see it. Was a photo ever released?
    They didn’t sell them at the show but Brad later sold them at Flatstock and on his own site.  They’re out there if you want one. 

Thanks for the share! Wonder why it got the axe? Seems to fit PJ perfectly.
    it got the axe because of the knife 

if memory serves me correctly, I think going to South America and playing big shows, the band still had Roskilde on their minds, and I believe Stone was apprehensive about the knife (and understandably so, it is a violent revolution image)...or maybe just perhaps negative imagery in general, not sure... to me it's actually a positive image, fighting to reclaim what is rightfully your's, taking back what has been stolen from you... I think maybe Stone just didn't want to have negative / death / violent imagery on a poster... and I can't say I disagree with that call on his part. I was really proud of this image and still am, but very much understand the choice they made, even after all the posters were printed and shipped to south america. That was an instance where the band often times did not see poster images until the day of the show... so from this incident, they changed that practice. 

Side note... I owe some people some emails regarding the Nashville poster, I have not forgot about you, just had things happening this week that didn't give me much time to get to emails but will finally get to those today

Also will get tubes a little later then I had hoped for, shopped around to try and find a cheaper price for tubes and found it, ut they are going to take a little longer then I had hoped to get to me...so Nashville orders will ship when those tubes arrive aroudn the first couple days of October. So sorry for the delay getting those out, was hoping to have tubes here by the day of the sale, but was having a hard time hearing back from my normal tube dealer in Aug, so I started to shop around 

Post edited by bradklausen on
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,261
    on2legs said:

😬
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,465
    demetrios said:
    on2legs said:

😬

Perfect. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Do we know who gets final say over what the poster looks like? Do artists get full discretion or does someone at PJ/TC have to green light the final product? I'm assuming it is the former given that we occasionally get a Vancouver Wolfmanpig and today's Denver poster but was curious if anyone knows.
    Someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but there was an instance (maybe in South America) where the poster was pulled before the show? 2005 ish? But that would be extremely rare - maybe the only occurrence that i can recall. 
    They didn’t sell them at the show but Brad later sold them at Flatstock and on his own site.  They’re out there if you want one. 

if memory serves me correctly, I think going to South America and playing big shows, the band still had Roskilde on their minds, and I believe Stone was apprehensive about the knife (and understandably so, it is a violent revolution image)...or maybe just perhaps negative imagery in general, not sure... to me it's actually a positive image, fighting to reclaim what is rightfully your's, taking back what has been stolen from you... I think maybe Stone just didn't want to have negative / death / violent imagery on a poster... and I can't say I disagree with that call on his part. I was really proud of this image and still am, but very much understand the choice they made, even after all the posters were printed and shipped to south america. That was an instance where the band often times did not see poster images until the day of the show... so from this incident, they changed that practice. 

Side note... I owe some people some emails regarding the Nashville poster, I have not forgot about you, just had things happening this week that didn't give me much time to get to emails but will finally get to those today

Also will get tubes a little later then I had hoped for, shopped around to try and find a cheaper price for tubes and found it, ut they are going to take a little longer then I had hoped to get to me...so Nashville orders will ship when those tubes arrive aroudn the first couple days of October. So sorry for the delay getting those out, was hoping to have tubes here by the day of the sale, but was having a hard time hearing back from my normal tube dealer in Aug, so I started to shop around 

Thanks Brad. So great to have these types of conversations with the artist... feels like the good ole' gigposters.com days :)
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Thanks Brad for the insight! I saw the image the way you did - rising up and reclaiming - but can see how it can be interpreted negatively. I love what you did here though - style, colors, theme. Awesome poster.

One of my very first posters was your Philly poster from the same year (‘05). 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956

I’m honored to have created a show poster for Pearl Jam’s @pearljam final show on their 2022 tour. Who in Denver is going to the show? Comment below! Posters will be sold at the event.

Pearl Jam asked me to do something related to the environmemtal changes happeing in Colorado. This design is an homage to the Colorado Firefighters who have fought increasingly hard to protect us every year... their job is only going to get harder!

We will also be releasing a LIMITED EDITION amount of prints on Tuesday morning! So if you don't live in Denver or cant make it to the shaw, sign up for the newsletter at the link in the bio to be the first to know about the print drop…they will likely go fast!

Stay tuned.

#drawing #screenprint #pearljam #jam #denver #pluralone #ballarena #marshallwildfire #wildfire #buddha  #record #rock #poster #posterart #wild #ravizupa #raviamarzupa #screenprinting #drawing #painting #blockprints

• Options

Thanks for the insight! It's always cool to hear from the artists whose art is actually framed on my wall at home :) A dear old friend of mine actually got the chance to create art for a pearl jam show this year, and it was super fun to chat to him about it. You guys have very cool jobs!

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,310
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Thanks Brad, keep up the great work.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    The one with the clouds and the one under water are absolutely lovely.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 758
    For me Oklahoma is the winner!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Robbert said:
    Same.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,992
    Ya, I think OKC is the winner for this leg.  Overall, I think the Fall US leg posters were better than then Spring US leg posters.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I like the camden through okc run, the others not so much. 
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Robbert said:
    Same.
    It's really nice.  The posted pic made it look  flat but other people took better pics and it's got nice color.  I don't think MSG is bad but that he's done this before w the bridges.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:
    Robbert said:
    Same.
    It's really nice.  The posted pic made it look  flat but other people took better pics and it's got nice color.  I don't think MSG is bad but that he's done this before w the bridges.
    It is - the colors really jump out in person. Going to put mine in a frame this weekend.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,205
    Great set of art this leg - we are lucky!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    The one with the clouds and the one under water are absolutely lovely.
    Yes, I like those two best as well 
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,226
    munk & Brad are always creating great posters.....Toronto, Camden very cool too
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Wait, it really was Stone's fault this time?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,831
    Toronto is the winner for me. Love anything underwater or surf themed. 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,957
    I don't buy a ton of posters but I ended up buying two out of the six shows I went to. I always was planning to get the MSG one. It is my hometown, and the 9/11 date made it special. However, when I saw the Toronto one, I knew I would regret not buying it. So those were the two I got. Of course I have no wall space, but that is a whole other matter.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Toronto is the winner for me. Love anything underwater or surf themed. 
    Ditto! 
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    on2legs said:
    Horse2345 said:

Wait, it really was Stone's fault this time?
    hahahahahahahahahaaha!!!
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,978
    Toronto and OKC are the best for me. I do think the Mumford is underrated, very nice print, I’d definitely frame it if I was there. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,701
    demetrios said:
    I really like that Burbon & Beyond poster. Love the simplicity and the colors. 
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    philobeddoephilobeddoe Kennessee Posts: 192
    Gotta get me a Louisville and a Nashville. L&N! LFG!
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,310
    Colors on the STL and OKC posters are better in person.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,883
    I didn't like the Hamilton poster when I saw the pic online. There's so much more to it in person. I like the cartoony feel of it, and I absolutely LOVE his refusal to give any sort of explanation on the back.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."