Honest question

124»

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,525
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    I find it odd that anyone in the crowd would feel "attacked" by anything Ed has ever said on stage. 
    People feel attacked if someone refers to their dog as a dog rather than a “gender neutral mammal that walks on four legs and has no choice about it” You know the drill.
    All pets should be gender-neutral because everyone should spay or neuter their pets!
    Mr. Barker?
    I never put two and together that pet-loving Bob's name was "Barker" until I read your reply.  I'm more of a Meower myself.
    it's funny you say that...neither did I until I typed it out
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,008
    edited August 2022

I think artists are put on this earth to make us question, invoke thought, and press the limits of those who oppress freedom. I should be so fortunate to live in a country that gives us those freedoms regardless of your political views. But some are not so fortunate, and this band has been very outspoken about domestic and abroad issues. They have always been a left-leaning band but have also brought up many things to make people think about how we treat each other, how we treat our children, and what kind of world we are already leaving for them. You may not agree with everything, and that is ok. Opinions are great! They make people think and open doors. It’s when we attack each other we do more harm. I read this about another Seattle gentleman who didn’t know his opinions on the Vietnam war. I always thought it was in protest, but if we can have a healthy debate and move the needle forward for a better world, I am all for hearing people out. 

https://www.jimihendrix.com/editorial/star-spangled-banner-jimi-hendrix-at-woodstock-the-anthem-of-a-generation/

I am also reminded by one other thing…

Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • athenssmileathenssmile Posts: 158
    edited August 2022
    I would prefer he not do it.  I think music has a beautiful and almost magical ability to bring people with differing backgrounds, beliefs, politics, and perspectives together to share a love - in this case, the band's music - that unites us all.  It doesn't matter if you are liberal or conservative, religious or atheist, pro-life or pro-choice...  The music brings everyone together for a shared moment that reminds us despite our differences, we can and do have things in common.  I wish he wouldn't do it because it can break the spell.  Yes, he has the platform and can do what he wants.  But the rant can divide us, and he has the power to unite, even if it is just for a few hours.  And hopefully, a lot of hours in Nashville.
    Post edited by athenssmile on
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,756
    The rant unites most of us. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    ComeToTX said:
    Yes, the rants do unite most of us! And for so many of us, that feeling of community is magnified that much more by knowing that the same things making us crazy or concerned or activating us in current events, are on Ed and the other band members minds and consciouses too.
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    JH6056 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Yes, the rants do unite most of us! And for so many of us, that feeling of community is magnified that much more by knowing that the same things making us crazy or concerned or activating us in current events, are on Ed and the other band members minds and consciouses too.
    It also affects us in the sense that we know where those $5 of our ticket sale is going to  B)
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Think I prefer the Rock and Roll more than the Rant and Roll… but doesn’t matter to me.  We can always learn different perspectives from different conversations with different opinions.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville