Damn. Where are these songs?

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,360
    mcgruff10 said:
    Have they played alive or betterman yet?
    These are my white whales
  • jbaker67jbaker67 Posts: 353
    edited July 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Post edited by jbaker67 on

2000: Camden 9/1 2003: Camden 7/5, Hershey 2004: Reading 2006: Camden 5/28 2008: Camden 6/19, 6/20 2009: Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 2012: Philadelphia 2016: Philadelphia 4/28, New York City 5/2 2018: Seattle 8/8, 8/10 2019: Innings Fest 2021: Sea.Hear.Now, Ohana 2022: Baltimore, Camden, Louisville, St. Louis 2023: Saint Paul 8/31, 9/2 2024: Philadelphia 9/7, 9/9, Baltimore

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,114
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    WHY DIDN'T THEY PLAY GIVEN TO FLY IN DENMARK?!?!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haha, I actually noticed that.  Are you doing a show this tour?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,392
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Those two, dte , elderly and corduroy round out my top five white whales.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Copenhagen
    Budapest
    Prague
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    😂😂
    Another thread bitch-session on set lists. My teenage step children whine less on a road trip. 
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Copenhagen
    Budapest
    Prague
    Awesome.  Enjoy the two remaining.  
    😂😂
    Another thread bitch-session on set lists. My teenage step children whine less on a road trip. 
    No way that is true, road trips are horrendous with teens.  ;)
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    mcgruff10 said:
    😂😂
    I bet he plays PJ hits the whole drive and the kids love it :wink:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    😂😂
    Ha ha. So true!! 
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    😂😂
    How did you know? 😂
  • 😂😂
    Awesome! I’m glad to hear that! 
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 654
    Go
    Brain of J
    Nothing as it Seems
    Can't Keep
    Sleight of Hand
    Got Some
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,249
    edited July 2022
    Knowing you had a chance of hearing some of these was what separated PJ from almost all other live bands. Like when they busted out Of the Earth out of nowhere in Denver 2014. Such a memorable moment for me that made me NEED more live PJ in my life. 

Such a great song btw. Especially the TMR version with Jack white. Such a heavy jam that takes you on a musical ride. 
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Tjm007Tjm007 Posts: 178
    Playing Merkinball in its entirety at Hyde Park tonight. Nailed on.
  • foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 711
    Knowing you had a chance of hearing some of these was what separated PJ from almost all other live bands. Like when they busted out Of the Earth out of nowhere in Denver 2014. Such a memorable moment for me that made me NEED more live PJ in my life. 

Such a great song btw. Especially the TMR version with Jack white. Such a heavy jam that takes you on a musical ride. 
    Hell yea that song is phenomenal. 

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    edited July 2022
    RW8297 said:
    Never thought RVM would become a rare gem.
    Let's be honest, Ed hasn't been able to sing this for the last five years. Also, is anyone moved by Porch at this stage anymore? 
    Post edited by evenflow82 on
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited July 2022
    RW8297 said:
    Let's be honest, Ed hasn't been able to sing this for the last five years. Also, is anyone moved by Porch at this stage anymore? 
    Thought they did a great job with RVM at Encore.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,526

Man I wish they'd release a studio version of it. I've said it before...the band said they've tried recording it multiple times...release a vinyl EP of every "attempt". 

With the studio version of Baba on bonus 7". 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• DEGBTIDEGBTI Posts: 965
    PJNB said:
    RW8297 said:
    Thought they did a great job with RVM at Encore.
    Dude, RVM at Encore was stupid good!! I really never cared for it until the Home Shows in 2018. They killed it there. Then even topped that at Ohana! Now I chase it for nada after being a regular in the setlist for years. At least I saw the last couple times, The intensity is insane and a true rock performance!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 40,087
    pjruss said:
    They’re a Ghost. 
    Only played Once and I was there! B)
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,842

Man I wish they'd release a studio version of it. I've said it before...the band said they've tried recording it multiple times...release a vinyl EP of every "attempt". 

I always see people here saying this but I kinda think a studio version wouldn't be that good. It's a song with a long, improvised middle-section, and I just think that PJ songs like that usually tend to be way better live than in the studio. I think a studio version of this song would sound "neutered" for lack of a better term compared to live versions. Like every Ten song on the original 1991 mix seems when compared to live performances. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • potnikpotnik Posts: 461
    Understand having been fortunate enough to see Pearl Jam a bit. The Oakland and LA runs were great, Pearl Jam has so many fans believe to get the "unique" experience need to see the "residency" shows moving forward. They have to play the hits in new towns. 

Oakland 50 songs played 40 unique 80% unique
    LA 46 songs and 40 unique 87% unique

Think these numbers are correct, trying on my phone and a couple margaritas in. Either way, they mixed it up the shows I saw. Had a blast, got COVID, it was the full experience.

For reference Ohana Encore stats

Encore 48 songs played 44 unique 91.67% unique

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,889
    Also, what ever happened to the It’s OK tag on Daughter?
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,465
    Agreed. I need it’s ok in Camden. Or how do we know it’s ok?
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,551
    RW8297 said:

The Supreme Court certainly wasn't moved by it.
  • foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 711

I always see people here saying this but I kinda think a studio version wouldn't be that good. It's a song with a long, improvised middle-section, and I just think that PJ songs like that usually tend to be way better live than in the studio. I think a studio version of this song would sound "neutered" for lack of a better term compared to live versions. Like every Ten song on the original 1991 mix seems when compared to live performances. 
    This is a great point. That improvised middle section is one of the best jams they have. That certainly wouldn’t come through on a studio release. 

Its special when the guys hit a groove with jeff and matt, stone and ed, and mike just ripping.  
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Also, what ever happened to the It’s OK tag on Daughter?
    Was always rare then popped up at the home shows in 2018. Probably won't surface again for awhile. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."