Options

Roe v Wade

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    It’s fitting that this massive step back comes out of Mississippi.  The state consistently at the bottom of virtually every category.  The symbolism is undeniable 

Today we are all Mississippians.  

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Imagine the reaction had Alito's draft not been leaked. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    I'm one of the people who voted 3rd party over Hillary.  You can throw rocks at me.
    (But only if I can call someone testy without several people trying to shame me.  Fuck off, if that is the case.  :lol:  )

Nothing funny about the rulings the past few days.  I'm even further embarrassed by the so called leadership groups of our country.  

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

So sorry for all women and worried for those without the means to travel to places where they will be able to get proper Healthcare.
    She was right about every fucking thing she tried to warn us about! I’m glad I voted with her not against her. Have a great fucking weekend 
    I get the anger and if I had any belief that Trump would have been able to win I would have voted for her.  I'm one of the people who thought he had no chance.  I was right in my state, my vote didn't actually have any impact as Hillary won here, but if I could do it over I'd vote for Hillary, even though I don't like her.
    I sure as heck voted for Joe, and I don't really like him.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,113
    I'm one of the people who voted 3rd party over Hillary.  You can throw rocks at me.
    (But only if I can call someone testy without several people trying to shame me.  Fuck off, if that is the case.  :lol:  )

Nothing funny about the rulings the past few days.  I'm even further embarrassed by the so called leadership groups of our country.  

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

So sorry for all women and worried for those without the means to travel to places where they will be able to get proper Healthcare.
    She was right about every fucking thing she tried to warn us about! I’m glad I voted with her not against her. Have a great fucking weekend 
    I get the anger and if I had any belief that Trump would have been able to win I would have voted for her.  I'm one of the people who thought he had no chance.  I was right in my state, my vote didn't actually have any impact as Hillary won here, but if I could do it over I'd vote for Hillary, even though I don't like her.

I give you much credit for admitting your vote at this time. One thing I never get from those in the middle is voting who they “like.” The US president is in many cases a popularity contest, which makes no sense. In American politics, leaders are chained by their parties. It’s been this way for generations.

Voters who want unlimited guns and taking away womens rights, should vote against the Dems. In every other case, people should be voting democrats in every election every year. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

I give you much credit for admitting your vote at this time. One thing I never get from those in the middle is voting who they “like.” The US president is in many cases a popularity contest, which makes no sense. In American politics, leaders are chained by their parties. It’s been this way for generations.

Voters who want unlimited guns and taking away womens rights, should vote against the Dems. In every other case, people should be voting democrats in every election every year. 
    I have been free with my choice to vote for that dope Gary Johnson over Hillary or Trump.
    I didn't recognize the republican party any longer and sure as hell wasn't ever going to vote for that goon Trump.  I thought his thuggery and assault accusations, combined with all of his questionable business dealings and being an overall asshole would be enough for people to avoid him.
    Misjudged that one. 
    Again, it made no difference in my state.

It wasn't just popularity, for me, it was also platform.  I could not get behind many of the major talking points of either group.

Once Trump won I changed my mind and decided it was no longer about policies, but basic humanity.  I would need to vote against my wallet, and many of my beliefs, every election....picking Blue even as I was cringing at many party stances.

There is no place for me and my beliefs....but I do feel now that I need to just pick the side which isn't hateful and run by the asshole religious people

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited June 2022

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

I have been free with my choice to vote for that dope Gary Johnson over Hillary or Trump.
    I didn't recognize the republican party any longer and sure as hell wasn't ever going to vote for that goon Trump.  I thought his thuggery and assault accusations, combined with all of his questionable business dealings and being an overall asshole would be enough for people to avoid him.
    Misjudged that one. 

It wasn't just popularity, for me, it was also platform.  I could not get behind many of the major talking points of either group.

Once Trump won I changed my mind and decided it was no longer about policies, but basic humanity.  I would need to vote against my wallet, and many of my beliefs, every election....picking Blue even as I was cringing at many party stances.

There is no place for me and my beliefs....but I do feel now that I need to just pick the side which isn't hateful and run by the asshole religious people

I’ve always thought that dynamic is interesting. 
    Republican (or right leaning) voters to me seemed to shape their beliefs around the candidate (Trump).  As he isn’t now and never was a Republican.  Republicans did abandon a lot of their policy positions they had for decades specifically  for Trump.

I’ve always viewed the Democrats as the opposite. Those who couldn’t get on board with Hillary voted for someone else 

the protest vote seems much more likely from the left than the right. Privately a lot of Republicans  I know hate Trump. They still voted for him 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,712

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

Misjudged that one. 

I’ve always thought that dynamic is interesting. 
    Republican (or right leaning) voters to me seemed to shape their beliefs around the candidate (Trump).  As he isn’t now and never was a Republican.  Republicans did abandon a lot of their policy positions they had for decades specifically  for Trump.

I’ve always viewed the Democrats as the opposite. Those who couldn’t get on board with Hillary voted for someone else 

the protest vote seems much more likely from the left than the right. Privately a lot of Republicans  I know hate Trump. They still voted for him 
    This seems very accurate in my experience as well 
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,835

Went to an abortion rights rally in Washington Square Park yesterday evening. I was happy to see the turnout. There were some great signs. One that struck me said the Supreme Court voted for gun care and health control. So true. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

Fair enough lots of folks couldn’t see through the orange haze, but now it’s too late we are only months away from a total take over if the Republicans win back both houses! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

I was just thinking yesterday about how I would do the same thing if I could do it over again.  I voted for neither Hillary nor 45, knowing Hillary would easily get California's electoral college (and of course, she did). 
    But the thing is, it's still baffling that so many Dems thought Hillary had it in the bag so they didn't turn out to vote at all.  How could that have happened?  And now we are stuck in a version of history many of us don't want.  More than don't want.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    brianlux said:

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

I was just thinking yesterday about how I would do the same thing if I could do it over again.  I voted for neither Hillary nor 45, knowing Hillary would easily get California's electoral college (and of course, she did). 
    But the thing is, it's still baffling that so many Dems thought Hillary had it in the bag so they didn't turn out to vote at all.  How could that have happened?  And now we are stuck in a version of history many of us don't want.  More than don't want.
    because the media kept hammering it home that trump had an infinitesimal chance based on all the polling. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    brianlux said:

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

because the media kept hammering it home that trump had an infinitesimal chance based on all the polling. 

I hope some of these people will think twice about staying home next time.  If 45 becomes 47, we are done.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited June 2022
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

I hope some of these people will think twice about staying home next time.  If 45 becomes 47, we are done.
    I really hope I’m wrong but I don’t think trump can win a general, DeSantis can… the “Trump with a brain” nickname isn’t wrong 

not sure I want to gamble on hoping Trump wins the primary though 

either way it’s not good and I didn’t think Trump could win the first time either 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    yeah I think in some ways desantis might be worse. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Yeah I don’t know but he very well could be.

he has gotten really extreme (more than normal) lately. Probably trying to out Trump, Trump.

I would hope he would settle down after the primary, but people said the same thing about Trump and he didn’t.

You play to the fringe to win a primary then move to the center for the general. That didn’t happen. I have no idea what DeSantis would do. We know Trump won’t though. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I thought they were pro life?

Rates of pregnancy-related deaths in the US are the highest in the developed world

Maternal mortality rates in states certain or likely to ban abortion are already 47% higher than the national rate.

Note: Some states suppress data due to confidentiality restrictions and are therefore not shown. MISSISSIPPI being ranked last in healthcare and the reason we are in this mess. No data 

Source: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Guttmacher Institute.

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    His barber agrees.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

I really hope I’m wrong but I don’t think trump can win a general, DeSantis can… the “Trump with a brain” nickname isn’t wrong 

either way it’s not good and I didn’t think Trump could win the first time either 

It's up to Trump to decide. If he runs, most of the other candidates will kowtow to him. He'll probably get about 40% of the vote in the primaries and the rest will get divided amongst the others so he'll win that way. The pressure to conform in the party is so strong that an opponent to Trump will be labeled a RINO immediately.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,691

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

"In God we trust."

What a fucking joke.

It's up to Trump to decide. If he runs, most of the other candidates will kowtow to him. He'll probably get about 40% of the vote in the primaries and the rest will get divided amongst the others so he'll win that way. The pressure to conform in the party is so strong that an opponent to Trump will be labeled a RINO immediately.
    Your probably right

who’s the most beatable in a general election though as in who would you rather face off against?

that one keeps me up at night.  
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    It will be interesting which bands will even play in states that made abortion illegal….
  • Options
    Yes I agree 

starting in Nashville 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    Yes I agree 

starting in Nashville 
    Better not. After the postponement, traded my Denver and St Luis tickets for Sac and Nashville. Bette Eve able to go to at least 1!
  • Options
    It will be interesting which bands will even play in states that made abortion illegal….

Hadn't thought of that.  Will be interesting, for sure.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    It’s already scheduled so I don’t think it’s likely.  Could happen though.

going forward would think a lot of states get skipped.  

I really don’t understand what they are doing playing places like  Kentucky anyway though. Seems like some of them are easy skips anyway. And most seem to not prefer festivals
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    mace1229 said:
    Yes I agree 

starting in Nashville 
    Better not. After the postponement, traded my Denver and St Luis tickets for Sac and Nashville. Bette Eve able to go to at least 1!
    I hope they cancel every state that made abortion illegal 
  • Options

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    Yes it will

They cancelled Raleigh at the las second over the "Bathroom Law" so you'd have to think they will(should?) cancel shows in those States that made abortion legal?
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    edited June 2022
    cutz said:
    Yes it will

They cancelled Raleigh at the las second over the "Bathroom Law" so you'd have to think they will(should?) cancel shows in those States that made abortion legal?
    fuck that. they've had my money for 2.5 years now for Nashville show. they cancel i'm gonna be one pissed off guy. hold people's money for that long and cancel would be a complete dick move.