psst...6/19/2022

Comments

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    yeah, that's being proven with all the stupid variants of every single major release lately. The Jack White shit is off the charts. They've finally clued into the fact that there's a significant contingent of the buyer's market that will buy EVERY release. 
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers did this with their new album too.  I think the number of vinyl variations of Unlimited Love is up to double digits.
    I got 4 then gave up. After 3 I realised the other two are sealed and the cover is the same so what’s the point unless I’m collecting the stickers… then they released the RSD one with a different cover and sucked me back in 

Edit: nope I have 5. Forgot the deluxe black one.  It’s absurd now that I think about it 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    yeah, that's being proven with all the stupid variants of every single major release lately. The Jack White shit is off the charts. They've finally clued into the fact that there's a significant contingent of the buyer's market that will buy EVERY release. 
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers did this with their new album too.  I think the number of vinyl variations of Unlimited Love is up to double digits.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album is close to double digits too. Wish they never did this. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    yeah, there was someone on here who posted a picture of every one they bought, and I think it was close to or just above 20. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Naturally, some here are upset when their $32.99 investment didn't turn into $329.99 within one week as expected. Thanks, Ten Club. Pressed enough for everybody. 
    Exactly 
    Hold on to a gold one long enough and it is bound to go up.  I bought my OG when it came out for like $19 bucks and sold it only to help pay bills in 2020 for around $200.  Complaining that something doesn't appreciate as soon as you take possession of it is crazy. Wait 20 years folks and in the meantime be happy that everyone that wants one can now get one...Now do Benaroya and Lost Dogs!

Do Benaroya as a vault on black vinyl, but double the price with half the proceeds to YouthCare.

If it's "pressed to order" with no limit on the number each person can order, they'd make a fortune.
    Been saying something like this for a long time. No idea why they haven't done anything like this.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Now the inevitable question, how many gold pressed LO2L are there?
  • ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    hrd2imgn said:
    Now the inevitable question, how many gold pressed LO2L are there?
    Wasn't the rumor 3000, from someone who works at easy street where they had some on RSD?
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

edited June 2022
    mfc2006 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Naturally, some here are upset when their $32.99 investment didn't turn into $329.99 within one week as expected. Thanks, Ten Club. Pressed enough for everybody. 
    Exactly 
    Hold on to a gold one long enough and it is bound to go up.  I bought my OG when it came out for like $19 bucks and sold it only to help pay bills in 2020 for around $200.  Complaining that something doesn't appreciate as soon as you take possession of it is crazy. Wait 20 years folks and in the meantime be happy that everyone that wants one can now get one...Now do Benaroya and Lost Dogs!

Do Benaroya as a vault on black vinyl, but double the price with half the proceeds to YouthCare.

If it's "pressed to order" with no limit on the number each person can order, they'd make a fortune.
    Been saying something like this for a long time. No idea why they haven't done anything like this.
    Do they even like it? 

I’ve always wondered why this show was basically a one off. If it was enjoyable for them, a mini tour like that and a new live release would be preferred to me 

it’s too good of a sound to just have that one concert to choose from forever … and unplugged 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • You almost wonder if the clear are going to be more rare than the gold since the gold is still available but only offered to 10Club members. Not sure how this all shakes out but I love the conversation around this!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    mfc2006 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Exactly 

Do they even like it? 

I’ve always wondered why this show was basically a one off. If it was enjoyable for them, a mini tour like that and a new live release would be preferred to me 

it’s too good of a sound to just have that one concert to choose from forever … and unplugged 
    They played the Bridge School many times and those sets, while shorter, were similar. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    You almost wonder if the clear are going to be more rare than the gold since the gold is still available but only offered to 10Club members. Not sure how this all shakes out but I love the conversation around this!
    Black vinyl will be rarer then the two editions. Assuming ... that will be the 2nd pressing release in the months ahead. 
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,336
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Exactly 

I respectfully disagree. Benaroya, sounds nice, but I believe the vast majority of Pearl Jam fans like the band's music fast paced and loud. A donation to Youth Care as part of the price at the point of sale is a nice idea.
    BF89905 said:
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Exactly 

I respectfully disagree. Benaroya, sounds nice, but I believe the vast majority of Pearl Jam fans like the band's music fast paced and loud. A donation to Youth Care as part of the price at the point of sale is a nice idea.
    I don’t think you are wrong. 

With the collectibility value removed, it wouldn’t move that fast I don’t think.  Assuming of course it was widely known it’s an unlimited pressing first 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I got 4 then gave up. After 3 I realised the other two are sealed and the cover is the same so what’s the point unless I’m collecting the stickers… then they released the RSD one with a different cover and sucked me back in 

Edit: nope I have 5. Forgot the deluxe black one.  It’s absurd now that I think about it 
    It's horrible that it doesn't seem absurd at the time. I totally get this. Needs to be some helpline for this $h1t.
    edited June 2022
    demetrios said:
    You almost wonder if the clear are going to be more rare than the gold since the gold is still available but only offered to 10Club members. Not sure how this all shakes out but I love the conversation around this!
    Black vinyl will be rarer then the two editions. Assuming ... that will be the 2nd pressing release in the months ahead. 
    They might not even do this on black vinyl if the clear hangs around enough. 20k is a lot. From the reissue the gold will be the collectable one I would think. It will sell out eventually but could take years. Once the demand exceeds the supply it will go up in value but not massively if still plenty of clear around.

Post edited by FR181798 on
    edited June 2022
    Also going to use Backspacer as an example. It was common opinion that they would never go up in value given how long it stayed in the shop. Just check the prices of sold ones online, 13 years later. At least 12,000 were made worldwide, maybe more like 15-20,000.

Time will tell.
    FR181798 said:
    Also going to use Backspacer as an example. It was common opinion that they would never go up in value given how long it stayed in the shop. Just check the prices of sold ones online, 13 years later. At least 12,000 were made worldwide, maybe more like 15-20,000.

Time will tell.
    I bought an extra of that when it came out. Probably the first time I ever bought an extra of anything. Still have it.  

I think the difference today is people expect it to be worth money so they keep it sealed. If 10,000 copies remain sealed it guarantees it will be worth nothing. 

I like backspacer.  It’s not an overwhelming favorite though. I tend to think people didn’t expect it to appreciate so everyone opened it. Now it’s worth probably 100 bucks sealed 
    edited June 2022
    FR181798 said:

Time will tell.
    I bought an extra of that when it came out. Probably the first time I ever bought an extra of anything. Still have it.  

I think the difference today is people expect it to be worth money so they keep it sealed. If 10,000 copies remain sealed it guarantees it will be worth nothing. 

I like backspacer.  It’s not an overwhelming favorite though. I tend to think people didn’t expect it to appreciate so everyone opened it. Now it’s worth probably 100 bucks sealed 
    Yeah I have 2 copies as well, maybe there's 6000 of us that have 2 each :) I have my preordered one which I opened immediately and actually enjoy it just fine. I got another cheap and is still sealed which I was able to put in the album box. Can't imagine the clear version of LO2L will ever amount to more than what was paid. As you say half probably won't get opened. Its just nice that people were able to get it that wanted it. The gold I think will increase a little but not hugely.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    backspacer was the first record that got me back into buying vinyl. for a second, no, wait...um...third....maybe fourth? time? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ryanphishesryanphishes Posts: 586
    I think you could get Backspacer from the shop when Lightning Bolt came out, probably even after.

I remember thinking it'll go out of print eventually and picked one up at a local record store.  
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

I think you could get Backspacer from the shop when Lightning Bolt came out, probably even after.

I remember thinking it'll go out of print eventually and picked one up at a local record store.  
    I'm sure it went as low as $10 at one point.
  • BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    edited June 2022
    demetrios said:

Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album is close to double digits too. Wish they never did this. 
    I thought these guys were done. Thx D for the reminder.. Pre-ordered the new album from Juno. Waiting to see if they get a few copies of LO2L. After my disappointing RSD LO2L experience I'll be shopping in Europe! I'd love to buy you a beer sometime! Cheers.. Dino
    Post edited by Bigrfish on
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    Mine is on the move having departed Fife!
    Bigrfish said:
    demetrios said:

I thought these guys were done. Thx D for the reminder.. Pre-ordered the new album from Juno. Waiting to see if they get a few copies of LO2L. After my disappointing RSD LO2L experience I'll be shopping in Europe! I'd love to buy you a beer sometime! Cheers.. Dino
    No problemo! :) 

Email received from Canada Post!

06/24/2022
    12:28 P.M. Package processed
    FONTANA, CA, United States

:)
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 543
    mine is waiting for acceptance at post office for past 2 days should be here tomorrow , anyone receive there's yet and spin it?

Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
    Sirens4 said:
    mine is waiting for acceptance at post office for past 2 days should be here tomorrow , anyone receive there's yet and spin it?

Mine came yesterday, but I chose the UPS option. Haven’t opened it yet 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Mine is en route and I am leaving town for a couple weeks so it will probably sit in the mail box and or get left on my doorstep.  Hopefully it doesn't melt in the Texas heat, or get stolen.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    Mine is en route and I am leaving town for a couple weeks so it will probably sit in the mail box and or get left on my doorstep.  Hopefully it doesn't melt in the Texas heat, or get stolen.
    It’ll melt. I left one out there a couple of hours last summer. Didn’t help the postman left it in direct sunlight

i try to get them immediately or have someone else get them  
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,354
    edited June 2022
    Received the gold today. NL pressing. Corduroy skips like crazy and is unlistenable. Small town has similar issues, but is better. My clear MRP has the same problem, so I guess I'm not surprised. :shrug:  

OG plays cleanly and clearly. 
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    It’ll melt. I left one out there a couple of hours last summer. Didn’t help the postman left it in direct sunlight

i try to get them immediately or have someone else get them  
    Guess I will leave it sealed and sell it in 10 years and until it is opened it will be Shroedinger's record
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden