Options

psst...6/19/2022

Comments

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Naturally, some here are upset when their $32.99 investment didn't turn into $329.99 within one week as expected. Thanks, Ten Club. Pressed enough for everybody. 
    Exactly 
    Hold on to a gold one long enough and it is bound to go up.  I bought my OG when it came out for like $19 bucks and sold it only to help pay bills in 2020 for around $200.  Complaining that something doesn't appreciate as soon as you take possession of it is crazy. Wait 20 years folks and in the meantime be happy that everyone that wants one can now get one...Now do Benaroya and Lost Dogs!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited June 2022
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Naturally, some here are upset when their $32.99 investment didn't turn into $329.99 within one week as expected. Thanks, Ten Club. Pressed enough for everybody. 
    Exactly 
    Hold on to a gold one long enough and it is bound to go up.  I bought my OG when it came out for like $19 bucks and sold it only to help pay bills in 2020 for around $200.  Complaining that something doesn't appreciate as soon as you take possession of it is crazy. Wait 20 years folks and in the meantime be happy that everyone that wants one can now get one...Now do Benaroya and Lost Dogs!
    I just want one reissue to surpass the original.  Hasn’t happened yet.

if people are worried about investment potential, if they release something hands down better than the original then they are in trouble. Yield was probably the closest 

so far there is value in all the OG pressings based on quality as well as the limited nature. Why they can’t do a better reissue is beyond me 

ultimately if this is actually about music, everyone should agree on that.  How many they make is irrelevant 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Exactly 
    it is crazy, but not without merit. there have been multiple items sold here that shot up like 300% the minute it sold out (like Sevens, for instance). So I get why some "hope" that they'll hit the jackpot with a limited item. But you just never know. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    edited June 2022
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:
    probably because there's a metric tonne of them.   with so many pressed, it doesn't seem it was a hard find at record stores yesterday.. so I'm gathering most people found a copy.. so now it's collectors wanting the other color for the collection?

Must be... I have the OG and just see no reason to have these new pressings. There are a ton of them, so it's not like it would be a super special rare item to have in my collection - I can't justify the purchase when I already have a copy. But I suppose I am proud of myself for not being in too deep, hahaha. I know and understand the feeling of not being able to resist, but apparently I'm not in that zone at this point in my life, lol.
    Certainly the Alive 12", Rearviewmirror and now this I've really questioned why I bought them. I justified the album reissues as I wanted to put them in the album box but I'm nearly out buying reissues TBH.

But it's like everything once the demand is greater than supply it will go up in value. Eventually the gold LO2L and Clear No Code will be gone and you will get more than you paid if you sell but it wont be hugely over if you can still buy the regular edition.
  • Options
    jhuludjhulud S. FloriDUH! Posts: 315
    According to my Order History...the gold LO2L is showing shipped. Very cool. 

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    jhulud said:
    According to my Order History...the gold LO2L is showing shipped. Very cool. 

Same!  B)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,251
    JimmyV said:
    Different strokes for different folks. 

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Anyone know why this was so much cheaper to ship to the UK than the clear No Code. Perhaps the difference in weight meant a different category but looking at my recent orders it's about $12 cheaper with tax etc.
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 913
    I guess so. I was surprised that it was only $20 give or take to ship this to the uk, especially when people are saying it’s $32 to Canada.  Seven inch singles routinely cost $14 to ship from 10c. I’m definitely not complaining though as it cost at least 10 quid less than I thought it would.
  • Options
    DrdealDrdeal Posts: 693
    Keep in mind this a Gold Immersion LP which looks ten times cooler than typical gold wax.  It kinda pulsates. Looking forward to spinning this.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
    rw160510 said:
    I guess so. I was surprised that it was only $20 give or take to ship this to the uk, especially when people are saying it’s $32 to Canada.  Seven inch singles routinely cost $14 to ship from 10c. I’m definitely not complaining though as it cost at least 10 quid less than I thought it would.

Yes it was $32 to ship to Canada which is confusing.

LOTL gold vinyl is 2 pounds. (Standard International Shipping): $32.00
    Vault 2 vinyl is 4 pounds. (Standard International Shipping): $22.89

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Viva la vinyl! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,181
    Just got shipping email

🤙

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,453
    When I hear people say “press enough for everyone” - what I think some people really mean is “press enough so that it sells out right after I get one.”  😂
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PP193448 said:
    on2legs said:
    Is it odd that we lament that an item is too limited and sells out too quickly and then when there seems to be plenty of an item for everyone we question why it didn’t sell out immediately?

Yes.  Just as odd as me lamenting about your question about questions… 😜
    Here comes my lament about your lament about my questions!!  😁
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,520
    on2legs said:
    When I hear people say “press enough for everyone” - what I think some people really mean is “press enough so that it sells out right after I get one.”  😂
    I think you are on to something there.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    on2legs said:
    I really don’t think there is enough genuine demand for this stuff without a healthy secondary market.  A strong secondary market makes it sell out fast. A weak secondary market and they sell less than they would otherwise. 

I’m not a flipper but the flippers do serve a somewhat important function in moving product.  People don’t collect worthless stuff and there are more collectors than listeners.  High production numbers only appeal to the listeners and there just aren’t enough.  Plus if it’s going to sell out fast, listeners just buy it because they have FOMO. Without the fear of the immediate sell out, they might not buy it, or at least wouldn’t be in a rush to do it 
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    I really don’t think there is enough genuine demand for this stuff without a healthy secondary market.  A strong secondary market makes it sell out fast. A weak secondary market and they sell less than they would otherwise. 

I’m not a flipper but the flippers do serve a somewhat important function in moving product.  People don’t collect worthless stuff and there are more collectors than listeners.  High production numbers only appeal to the listeners and there just aren’t enough.  Plus if it’s going to sell out fast, listeners just buy it because they have FOMO. Without the fear of the immediate sell out, they might not buy it, or at least wouldn’t be in a rush to do it 
    Agree 100% with all of this.  

• Options
    yeah, that's being proven with all the stupid variants of every single major release lately. The Jack White shit is off the charts. They've finally clued into the fact that there's a significant contingent of the buyer's market that will buy EVERY release. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    yeah, that's being proven with all the stupid variants of every single major release lately. The Jack White shit is off the charts. They've finally clued into the fact that there's a significant contingent of the buyer's market that will buy EVERY release. 
    It's an ingenious way to make 25K records and have 5 variants.  You'll move a lot of records that way. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    on2legs said:
    A lot of people have a similar (albeit even less coherent) attitude about concert tickets. 
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,039
    It's an ingenious way to make 25K records and have 5 variants.  You'll move a lot of records that way. 
    “If we supersize the record, we’ll sell more records!” -Matthew Good
  • Options
    haha, did Matt actually say that?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Entering heaven alive was a preorder for like 8 months with black only. Everyone knew the variants were coming. They probably sold like 20 copies of the black as everyone was just waiting to see the whole lineup 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    edited June 2022
    Just had this hit my inbox:

Jack White merely adopted the shadows. Black Pumas were born in them.  
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,039
    In a song called 21st Century Living, yeah
  • Options
    KM73780 said:
    In a song called 21st Century Living, yeah
    shit, I have to go back and listen to that. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    static111 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    AW124797 said:
    Exactly 

Do Benaroya as a vault on black vinyl, but double the price with half the proceeds to YouthCare.

If it's "pressed to order" with no limit on the number each person can order, they'd make a fortune.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    MisterEtake2MisterEtake2 Posts: 372
    The Red Hot Chili Peppers did this with their new album too.  I think the number of vinyl variations of Unlimited Love is up to double digits.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I'm done with owning more than 1 copy of a record. I've almost got rid of all doubles. Very occasionally I'll buy a reissue if they do something interesting like add extra tracks.

PJ is about the only band where I bought the album reissues for no real reason and that will thankfully come to an end when they reissue Lost Dogs. No interest in buying multiple variants of a new record, I choose the one I like the look of best and that's it.