psst...6/19/2022

Comments

• Got my gold today... sides one and two play clean, no issues. Don't have time for three and four now. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,483
    Mine arrived today in Illinois.
  • TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,355
    Travelar said:
    Received the gold today. NL pressing. Corduroy skips like crazy and is unlistenable. Small town has similar issues, but is better. My clear MRP has the same problem, so I guess I'm not surprised. :shrug:  

OG plays cleanly and clearly. 
    A couple of good cleanings and it's sounding a whole lot better. 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,036
    Mine showed up today. So far it sounds fantastic!
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,036
    edited June 2022
    Just finished spinning gold LO2L. Mine sounds great!  Man, 98 was such a good live version of PJ. I wish they would play Corduroy the way it they did on this again. Phenomenal. 

And I noticed so much of Jeff’s bass on this. Great mix and he is on fire. 
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    edited June 2022
    Just finished spinning gold LO2L. Mine sounds great!  Man, 98 was such a good live version of PJ. I wish they would play Corduroy the way it they did on this again. Phenomenal. 

And I noticed so much of Jeff’s bass on this. Great mix and he is on fire. 

Several years ago, my local PBS channel did a documentary. The documentary included Disney music that was really expensive for a PBS channel to sell.

As such, they couldn't sell it with their other DVDs...so they jacked the price and made the DVD "available for a donation of $100."

It's my understanding that the reason that Breath from MSG isn't on LO2L is because rights fees or some such. (Yet, they sold MSG 2000, so maybe something changed.)

I wonder how much PJ would have made if they had a "Breath Edition" of LO2L for "a $98 donation to the Vitalogy Foundation."
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,956
    edited June 2022
    Travelar said:
    Received the gold today. NL pressing. Corduroy skips like crazy and is unlistenable. Small town has similar issues, but is better. My clear MRP has the same problem, so I guess I'm not surprised. :shrug:  

OG plays cleanly and clearly. 
    I thought I bought the Clear too.  Where was that posted now, I forgot?

Edit:  Checked my history.  I ordered it LAST YEAR, lol.  Now I need to see if I actually got it...
    Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,646
    Received my copy today. 
    That was fast!  :o 
  • Sirens4Sirens4 Posts: 560
    received gold today , record 2 warped just like the clear, gold pressed in NL ,clear in united, is the vinyl flat worth it as it doesn't affect playback but the turntable arm is surfing ? or will ten club offer replacements? they sound great thank you

Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    Sirens4 said:
    received gold today , record 2 warped just like the clear, gold pressed in NL ,clear in united, is the vinyl flat worth it as it doesn't affect playback but the turntable arm is surfing ? or will ten club offer replacements? they sound great thank you

Get the vinyl flat. 

It’s not like you won’t get a ton of use out of it 
    Sirens4 said:

Get the vinyl flat. 

thanks , I saw a video but,  you put it in the oven at low temps? I don't think my oven goes that low it goes to 170, sorry for the questions

Springfield 94 hartford 96,98,06,08 xl center 2010,2013 boston 06,2010 mansfield ma 1998,2000,2003,2008
    edited July 2022
    Sirens4 said:
    Sirens4 said:

Get the vinyl flat. 

thanks , I saw a video but,  you put it in the oven at low temps? I don't think my oven goes that low it goes to 170, sorry for the questions

You stop the preheat at about 125 then it’ll hold the temp for a while. Then you turn the oven off and on as needed.  Mine starts at 170 too. So it’s not a set and forget process 

or you can get the pouch things they sell which does the same thing minus the oven 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    Sirens4 said:
    Sirens4 said:

Get the vinyl flat. 

You stop the preheat at about 125 then it’ll hold the temp for a while. Then you turn the oven off and on as needed.  Mine starts at 170 too. So it’s not a set and forget process 

or you can get the pouch things they sell which does the same thing minus the oven 
    Thank you 
  • YamriderYamrider Posts: 50
    Sirens4 said:

My RVM grey from ten club was badly warped, too much to put up or make do with.
    Contacted and they arranged a replacement. Was very impressed with service.
     You will have to provide a photo of the faulty record 'destroyed'. I cut a chunk out of edge with pliers and lots of deep scratches all across it. Hard to do lol.

• ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Got my gold copy yesterday and listened a couple of times. My copy is flat a really clean. Sounds amazing.
    Can I also say I LOVE the look of this gold vinyl. It even has a glitter to it. It looks much better than the clear version.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 722
    My two cents. How hard would it have been to put a sticker that said Ten Club gold pressing and the rest of the gibberish. Nothing special about this release. I don’t get the lack of creativity on the marketing front. Again my two cents the record cost $50
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited July 2022
    Gold arrived. My copy is the MPO pressing cut at SST by Daniel Krieger, manufactured at Noiseland (NL).

So there are 2 Gold pressings and 3 Clear pressings.
    Gold = MPO, and MRP
    Clear = URP, MRP, and Celebrate Records (EU)

So I am still in search of the MRP, since I already have 2 clear, would like to find the MRP gold.
    MedozK said:
    Gold arrived. My copy is the MPO pressing cut at SST by Daniel Krieger, manufactured at Noiseland (NL).

So there are 2 Gold pressings and 3 Clear pressings.
    Gold = MPO, and MRP
    Clear = URP, MRP, and Celebrate Records (EU)

So I am still in search of the MRP, since I already have 2 clear, would like to find the MRP gold.

2 gold pressings as well? Damn! 
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    edited July 2022
    Here's something weird.
    My gold pressing produces a crazy amount of static.
    I had my headphones on and cleaned the record with a brush and the clicking was unbelievable. It wouldn't stop until I shot the record with the Zerostat (antistatic gun). It's the only record I have that does this. It must be the tiny sparkles in the vinyl to make it look "gold". Look at the vinyl with a flashlight, especially in the run-out and you can see the glitter. It really makes this colored vinyl look amazing, just something weird from it. There's no clicking once I get rid of the static , so it's not a big deal. 
    Mine is also the MPO pressing and it sounds very clean.
    Post edited by ski-bum on
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center

• nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 393
    demetrios said:
    Been wondering that since a few hours after it went up. But at that time I thought it would be a really small number relative to the clear. 
    edited July 2022
    demetrios said:
    At this point I think we should mostly agree the pressing numbers have gotten too big. 

It’s one thing to make sure most people get a chance at one, however it gets sad when people don’t buy them

its like looking at that dog every day at the pound no one wants when browsing the featured section of the store.  

Vault 2 still up too. It’s been long enough.  No code clear, same thing. It’s even called a limited edition 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I have no problem with producing a lot of something. Now 10C prolly doesn't like them sitting, but I am fine with it. Hopefully everyone will be able to get one now and months from now.
    MedozK said:
    I have no problem with producing a lot of something. Now 10C prolly doesn't like them sitting, but I am fine with it. Hopefully everyone will be able to get one now and months from now.
    I like a happy medium. It seems like it’s either at one extreme or the other. Maybe finding the middle is harder than it sounds 
  • nicky-p38nicky-p38 Posts: 393
    MedozK said:
    Agree but thought that the gold was a good opportunity to offer a limited version since the clear was pretty readily available to any that wanted it. Not complaining, just thought that’s what they would do. 
    edited July 2022
    nicky-p38 said:
    MedozK said:
    Agree but thought that the gold was a good opportunity to offer a limited version since the clear was pretty readily available to any that wanted it. Not complaining, just thought that’s what they would do. 
    In two days when it gets in the newsletter it’ll probably  go fairly quick 
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,264
    goldrush said:
    I bought the clear RSD (which I know I don’t need) online on Sunday night. 

Then I woke up on Monday morning and saw the gold version (that I really don’t need!)

To make things worse, I added the clear No Code (which I kept telling myself I definitely didn’t need!)

Damn you self control for deserting me!
    So somehow the gold LOTL (plus ‘clear’ No Code that isn’t really clear) that I ordered from 10C on 20/06/22 have arrived in Sydney before the clear LOTL (plus Sweet Relief) that I ordered from an Aus store on 19/06/22
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,765
    edited July 2022
    My disc 1 wasn't flat, but it also wasn't what I'd call warped. There was definitely a slight rise, but it didn't seem to degrade from the audio.

What I did notice was Eddie saying "alright" right as Daughter was ending. After finding the 9/19/98 show, Daughter ends and he doesn't so "alright" so it's obviously a bit of crappy editing that maybe I just didn't pay much attention to as it's real obvious when one side of the record ends with the introduction to the first song off the next side.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    My gold is mpo, sounds better then the clear united pressing flat and clean awesome release