Who You Are
    Hail hail
    Do the evolution
    Nothing as it seems
    I am mine
    Save You
    Just breathe

End of Show

I'd be more than OK with hearing Who You Are.  I know someone else that would as well.  You should scratch it off the list and add Last Kiss after Do the evolution.  Yellow Ledbetter was a hit also I think.  I remember it being played on the radio a lot where I am from.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 - LA I&II, Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore?
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Go Animal said:
    I want to be at a show with the OP, and have this be the setlist:
    1. Alright
    2. Breakerfall
    3. Gonna See My Friend
    4. All Night
    5. Dance Of The Clairvoyants
    6. Of The Girl
    7. Of The Earth
    8. Severed Hand
    9. Light Years
    10. Undone
    11. Just Breathe
    12. You Are
    13. Quick Escape
    14. Lightning Bolt
    15. The Fixer
    16. Wasted Reprise
    17. Life Wasted
    18. Seven O'Clock
    19. (encore break)
    20. Worldwide Suicide
    21. Superblood Wolfmoon
    22. Green Disease
    23. Love Reign O'er Me
    24. River Cross
    25. (encore break 2)
    26. Fuckin' Up
    Sorry but his show would be boring as hell 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 2,976
    OP:

You've had 30 years to familiarize yourself with the band's repertoire beyond the (very) few songs that got played on the radio.  You live in an era where you don't even have to buy the albums to do this (alas), so the barrier to entry is very low from a financial standpoint.  I promise you: the songs you're not familiar with are, for the most part, just as good as the songs you know by heart.  You just don't know it because you never spent the time with them that you spent with the "hits."  That's not to say that every deep cut is Pearl Jam's best work, but neither is every "hit."

Anyway, the band's approach to shows is well-documented, so to expect it to change at this point-- and in mid-tour-- is unrealistic.  It's also unrealistic because the diversity of the band's set lists is Pearl Jam's stock-in-trade when it comes to live performance.  This is why a small but significant number of people go to see the band over and over again.  I am seeing nine shows on this tour, which will bring me to 72 shows lifetime.  If the band were playing the same songs with minimal variation every night, I can assure you I would not be doing this.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJINFLA said:
    PJ's live setlists have been the key to their longevity & dedicated fan base. That being said I can see how casual fans of the band can come away disappointed from a live show due to the varied setlists and limited stage show. I have always enjoyed the unique setlists because I have been fortunate enough to see them live many times and I would never have done that if it was the same show every night. With the huge catalog that they now have I think PJ should experiment with something Rush did for many years and that is performing a medley or two of several of their songs (not just a "tag").This way fans could hear more of the hits at each show just not the entire song. Best of both worlds lots of hits for the newbies and rarities for die hards.
    I hope not. Unless it’s Weird Al or the Olympic swimming finals, I hate medleys. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Both extremes seems equally ridiculous. All hits every time wouldn’t be fun, neither would only deep cuts. You need a mix.
    I honestly can’t understand why anyone would hear RVM, Corduroy, or Elderly Woman and think to themselves “man I wish they were playing Let The Records Play or Speed of Sound right now.”
    Anyone who claims they’re bored of a song because they heard it live 20, 30, 40, 50 times I assume doesn’t own any bootlegs because that would just get really boring then.
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Going Deep is much better!
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    Go Animal said:
    1. Alright
    2. Breakerfall
    3. Gonna See My Friend
    4. All Night
    6. Of The Girl
    7. Of The Earth
    8. Severed Hand
    9. Light Years
    10. Undone
    11. Just Breathe
    12. You Are
    13. Quick Escape
    14. Lightning Bolt
    15. The Fixer
    16. Wasted Reprise
    17. Life Wasted
    18. Seven O'Clock
    19. (encore break)
    20. Worldwide Suicide
    21. Superblood Wolfmoon
    22. Green Disease
    23. Love Reign O'er Me
    24. River Cross
    25. (encore break 2)
    26. Fuckin' Up
    I like it
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • ImcoffeegirlImcoffeegirl Posts: 174
    Great first post 😬
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I want a setlist that I write so then every song is a hit……to me. Then it would be best show ever….to me. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    A set list composed nothing of “hits” is going to attract a different kind of concert goer and alienate the crowd you want. 

Pearl Jam crowds are among the best.  I wouldn’t want to mess with that.  Good crowds  to me are what makes going to shows tolerable.  There are plenty of bands I like but won’t go to their shows because of the crowds they attract. 
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    mace1229 said:
    Both extremes seems equally ridiculous. All hits every time wouldn’t be fun, neither would only deep cuts. You need a mix.
    I honestly can’t understand why anyone would hear RVM, Corduroy, or Elderly Woman and think to themselves “man I wish they were playing Let The Records Play or Speed of Sound right now.”
    Anyone who claims they’re bored of a song because they heard it live 20, 30, 40, 50 times I assume doesn’t own any bootlegs because that would just get really boring then.

You would be correct.  60 shows and it is rare I listen to any boots. In fact I rarely listen to any Pearl Jam except for the most recent record. I live for the live shows. And I wish they would retire all of the songs from Ten except Release. That said, I love all the songs live and do not complain when I get a greatest hits show. It happens. You pays your money and takes your chances.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    Go Animal said:
    1. Alright
    2. Breakerfall
    3. Gonna See My Friend
    4. All Night
    6. Of The Girl
    7. Of The Earth
    8. Severed Hand
    9. Light Years
    10. Undone
    11. Just Breathe
    12. You Are
    13. Quick Escape
    14. Lightning Bolt
    15. The Fixer
    16. Wasted Reprise
    17. Life Wasted
    18. Seven O'Clock
    19. (encore break)
    20. Worldwide Suicide
    21. Superblood Wolfmoon
    22. Green Disease
    23. Love Reign O'er Me
    24. River Cross
    25. (encore break 2)
    26. Fuckin' Up
    Sorry but his show would be boring as hell 
    You can sit next to him 🙃
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Go to a festival.
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    JimmyV said:
    Open with Alive and blow people's minds. 
    It has been done. June 9, 2003 Dallas is at least one example.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    I typically drain the lizard during even flow and return just in time for mikes solo 🎸 

works out every time! 
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Get_Right said:
    mace1229 said:

You would be correct.  60 shows and it is rare I listen to any boots. In fact I rarely listen to any Pearl Jam except for the most recent record. I live for the live shows. And I wish they would retire all of the songs from Ten except Release. That said, I love all the songs live and do not complain when I get a greatest hits show. It happens. You pays your money and takes your chances.
    Why would they retire all the songs from Ten? This forum is crazy. Iv followed the band since 92 , when I was 12 years old and you guys trip me out 😆 TEN is the primary to maybe ONLY reason reason 80% of concert goers (which are casuals by the way) that attend the shows , 20% of the fans are you guys traveling around wanting to hear dirty frank or sweet Lew  to plug into the list of songs your missing from your "songs list", trust me , NO ONE gives a rats ass when they play those songs outside the 20% or ppl in this forum watching the set list as dimitris is entering them in one by one 😆 🤣

22. Bushleaguer

"Wow!!!! Lucky crowd!!!!!"

Yeah no, 90% in that building is like, "what the F is this garbage?" I personally like it buthe'll, id rather hear a hit at a show than "deep cuts" 
  • KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,434
    BF25394 said:
    OP:

You've had 30 years to familiarize yourself with the band's repertoire beyond the (very) few songs that got played on the radio.  You live in an era where you don't even have to buy the albums to do this (alas), so the barrier to entry is very low from a financial standpoint.  I promise you: the songs you're not familiar with are, for the most part, just as good as the songs you know by heart.  You just don't know it because you never spent the time with them that you spent with the "hits."  That's not to say that every deep cut is Pearl Jam's best work, but neither is every "hit."

Anyway, the band's approach to shows is well-documented, so to expect it to change at this point-- and in mid-tour-- is unrealistic.  It's also unrealistic because the diversity of the band's set lists is Pearl Jam's stock-in-trade when it comes to live performance.  This is why a small but significant number of people go to see the band over and over again.  I am seeing nine shows on this tour, which will bring me to 72 shows lifetime.  If the band were playing the same songs with minimal variation every night, I can assure you I would not be doing this.
    Agreed.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • parintachin73parintachin73 Posts: 731
    I get where the OP is coming from but I couldn’t possibly disagree with a post more. If you want a PJ show of hits go to a festival show with a shortened setlist. One of the reasons there are still so many die-hards after all this time and not a lot of new albums is because they change it up night after night. There aren’t a lot of bands of their size and age that still do this. I’m not a huge DMB fan but it’s certainly something I give them credit for doing as well. I can think of a lot of bands that I don’t really want to see anymore because it’s just the same old shit (The Who, Tool, etc). If PJ were to start playing the same show all tour, I’d be done seeing them live. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    RiotAct10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Open with Alive and blow people's minds. 
    It has been done. June 9, 2003 Dallas is at least one example.
    I am aware. It would still blow people's minds. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    Do a show with 24 different versions of Last Kiss  :p
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Get_Right said:
    mace1229 said:

Why would they retire all the songs from Ten? This forum is crazy. Iv followed the band since 92 , when I was 12 years old and you guys trip me out 😆 TEN is the primary to maybe ONLY reason reason 80% of concert goers (which are casuals by the way) that attend the shows , 20% of the fans are you guys traveling around wanting to hear dirty frank or sweet Lew  to plug into the list of songs your missing from your "songs list", trust me , NO ONE gives a rats ass when they play those songs outside the 20% or ppl in this forum watching the set list as dimitris is entering them in one by one 😆 🤣

22. Bushleaguer

"Wow!!!! Lucky crowd!!!!!"

Yeah no, 90% in that building is like, "what the F is this garbage?" I personally like it buthe'll, id rather hear a hit at a show than "deep cuts" 

I get it. Speaking only for myself. Sure would be nice if they played some Binaural, Riot Act or Avocado songs instead of Alive or Porch for the 500th time. Again, just my preference and for me, it is everything AFTER Ten that makes this band great.
  • elcazador83elcazador83 Posts: 90
    Y'all think back to your first show and think about the setlist. Mine was Camden '03 as a 20 yr old. They played what now would be considered a ton of deep cuts
    Of the girl
    Breakerfall
    Grievance
    Get Right
    Whipping

But I recall what had me super stoked was the first encore
    Jeremy
    Small Town
    Better man
    Daughter
    Alive

I thought I was the luckiest guy ever to get those as the encore. Now looking back if that was the encore, all of you would think it was the worst encore ever. Remember we all start somewhere. Just trying to add some perspective.

Plus they ended with f#ckin up and ritfw, as a huge Neil Young fan this was awesome and my pops thoroughly enjoyed it.
    This reminds me of the night Let's Play Two debuted in theatres. I saw it at a Drive-In in Mendon, MA. They billed it as Pearl Jam Night complete with a cover band before the movie. Lots of New England 10c people there. Good times, and the band was OK from what I remember. What stands out though was the singer stopping between songs to tell a story or talk to the audience, and then before the next song saying something like, "This is Jeremy" or "This is Porch." 

Yeah, dude. We know. 

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,772
    JojoRice said:
    Do a show with 24 different versions of Last Kiss  :p
    Why is there no vomit emoji?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • I want to start by saying I love PJ and their shows. I seen PJ twice in my life and it was back to back shows at Fenway. I am going to the Vegas show on 5/20/2022. Although the shows are great and sound great I was disappointed after the first Fenway show. i was disappointed because I didnt hear all of their hits. I had to go to the second show to hear the hits they did not play in the first. Lets face we go to hear the hits as well as other songs. We pay a lot of $$$$ for their shows, more than most artists and to not hear all their hits at each show is just robbery! Some of us dont have the $$$ to go to back to back shows. Also you they tour so infrequently that you could go to many shows and still not hear the hits! My friend is going to the Vegas show with me and she has never seen PJ and I know she will be disappointed when they don't play all of their hits.I am begging you PJ to play all the hits that every fan wants to hear, please!!! I love your music!!
    The hit I want to hear is Undone!  And I would love to complete a few more albums with Big Wave, God's Dice, Getaway & My Father's Son! 

Since Vegas is the last show on the first leg, I'd say there's more of a chance to get something on the rare side as opposed to radio "hits". But, ultimately, that's up to Ed and the rest of the band.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

I want to start by saying I love PJ and their shows. I seen PJ twice in my life and it was back to back shows at Fenway. I am going to the Vegas show on 5/20/2022. Although the shows are great and sound great I was disappointed after the first Fenway show. i was disappointed because I didnt hear all of their hits. I had to go to the second show to hear the hits they did not play in the first. Lets face we go to hear the hits as well as other songs. We pay a lot of $$$$ for their shows, more than most artists and to not hear all their hits at each show is just robbery! Some of us dont have the $$$ to go to back to back shows. Also you they tour so infrequently that you could go to many shows and still not hear the hits! My friend is going to the Vegas show with me and she has never seen PJ and I know she will be disappointed when they don't play all of their hits.I am begging you PJ to play all the hits that every fan wants to hear, please!!! I love your music!!
    The hit I want to hear is Undone!  And I would love to complete a few more albums with Big Wave, God's Dice, Getaway & My Father's Son! 

Since Vegas is the last show on the first leg, I'd say there's more of a chance to get something on the rare side as opposed to radio "hits". But, ultimately, that's up to Ed and the rest of the band.
    We are one week shy of 12 years since Undone was last played. 

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    JimmyV said:
    I want to start by saying I love PJ and their shows. I seen PJ twice in my life and it was back to back shows at Fenway. I am going to the Vegas show on 5/20/2022. Although the shows are great and sound great I was disappointed after the first Fenway show. i was disappointed because I didnt hear all of their hits. I had to go to the second show to hear the hits they did not play in the first. Lets face we go to hear the hits as well as other songs. We pay a lot of $$$$ for their shows, more than most artists and to not hear all their hits at each show is just robbery! Some of us dont have the $$$ to go to back to back shows. Also you they tour so infrequently that you could go to many shows and still not hear the hits! My friend is going to the Vegas show with me and she has never seen PJ and I know she will be disappointed when they don't play all of their hits.I am begging you PJ to play all the hits that every fan wants to hear, please!!! I love your music!!

& what a night that was. 
  • JimmyV said:

Yup, I remember following the setlist that night and thinking why couldn't they have saved it for tomorrow night in Newark when we would be at the show. That's my white whale and it's a big ocean....
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

I am not chasing any rarities or looking to complete any albums.  I just wish they would play less Ten and more from the other records. Like Rival.  Play Rival you pussies LOL.
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Go Animal said:
    1. Alright
    2. Breakerfall
    3. Gonna See My Friend
    4. All Night
    6. Of The Girl
    7. Of The Earth
    8. Severed Hand
    9. Light Years
    10. Undone
    11. Just Breathe
    12. You Are
    13. Quick Escape
    14. Lightning Bolt
    15. The Fixer
    16. Wasted Reprise
    17. Life Wasted
    18. Seven O'Clock
    19. (encore break)
    20. Worldwide Suicide
    21. Superblood Wolfmoon
    22. Green Disease
    23. Love Reign O'er Me
    24. River Cross
    25. (encore break 2)
    26. Fuckin' Up
    WOULD
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas