Options

We wanna hear the hits!!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,285
    edocon said:
    A non deep cuts show would be amazing. Like when they play an album all the way through. 
    If they played Binaural or Riot Act, that would probably amount to a deep cuts show to many in attendance. 
    Most actually. Ten club members are the extreme minority at these shows. Look at all the posts on Porch, it’s pretty much the same hundred people posting 95% of the content 
    The same thing has happened on the dmb warehouse boards. Years ago, that place was hopping. Now, it's just the same 20 people arguing with each other all the time. I think that's more a reflection on message boards in general, not the size of a fanbase.
    Is that because people in general, including Ten Club members, are more likely to be posting on Facebook than here?  I am not on Facebook, so I have no idea what the Pearl Jam groups are like, but I do know that, at recent shows, every time I've referred to "the message board" (meaning this message board) in a conversation with a fellow fan, they have understood me to mean Facebook.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    edited May 2022
    edocon said:
    A non deep cuts show would be amazing. Like when they play an album all the way through. 
    If they played Binaural or Riot Act, that would probably amount to a deep cuts show to many in attendance. 
    Most actually. Ten club members are the extreme minority at these shows. Look at all the posts on Porch, it’s pretty much the same hundred people posting 95% of the content 
    The same thing has happened on the dmb warehouse boards. Years ago, that place was hopping. Now, it's just the same 20 people arguing with each other all the time. I think that's more a reflection on message boards in general, not the size of a fanbase.
    Also, Pearl Jam paywalled the forum a bunch of years ago to just paying Tenclub members and not all fans.

Creating an "artificial benefit" to push people into paying for the membership. A lot of people went away then.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 431
    Hell no. This tour is already feeling like way too much of a greatest hits tour already.

Nothing from Riot Act or Avacodo? Come on. That’s disappointing. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,119
    WH has always been for paying members. But yeah, most ppl seem to have migrated over to FB groups.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    The FB groups have really grown. For what it's worth, I almost always come to regret responding to a post in a Pearl Jam FB group, whereas I only sometimes come to regret responding here. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edocon said:
    I agree.  Forum is dead but Friday night literally everyone around me had their warehouse tickets. 

Message boards in no way reflect membership numbers 
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2022
    edocon said:
    My brother has been in DMBs fan club since 1995z I love it because we never have seats past Row B and he says he’s always sitting next to the same people at every single show. 
    I don’t think it started until 98.  I’m 2002, four years late and that seniority gets me mid to back of lowers, usually on the side.  Must still be a lot of OG members around 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    edited May 2022
    I would gladly hear some variety of hits/singles and remove some of the cemented staples.

Throw in some Dissident, Hail Hail, Who You Are, Save You, Nothing as it Seems, Light Years, I Am Mine, World Wide Suicide, Gone etc

and give some rest to

Porch, Evenflow, Alive, DTE, Given To Fly etc.

THROW IN SOME SINGLES AND HITS

And what the fuck ever happened to Insignificance and Grievance? 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    markhawks7markhawks7 Posts: 17
    I completely agree,  songs like Sad, Fatal, Footsteps,  Breath  & Hard to Imagine.  Oh and Wash. Please play these " Hits" at Hyde Park as I am taking my son to his  first PJ gig!
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    I always think about how many songs my wife knows when we go to a concert. I've always been a full album /catalog guy, so I am familiar with tracks a majority in attendance are not. She has always been a singles girl. And I love when bands play the hits, because the whole crowd gets into it.
    That NYC list someone posted... I'd love to see that show in September. The place would go bonkers. 
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    Y'all think back to your first show and think about the setlist. Mine was Camden '03 as a 20 yr old. They played what now would be considered a ton of deep cuts
    Of the girl
    Breakerfall
    Grievance
    Get Right
    Whipping

But I recall what had me super stoked was the first encore
    Jeremy
    Small Town
    Better man
    Daughter
    Alive

I thought I was the luckiest guy ever to get those as the encore. Now looking back if that was the encore, all of you would think it was the worst encore ever. Remember we all start somewhere. Just trying to add some perspective.

Plus they ended with f#ckin up and ritfw, as a huge Neil Young fan this was awesome and my pops thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Camden 03 was also my first show, I was a teen and had the same reaction of you! All of the “deep cuts” I wasn’t familiar with at all, first encore I was having a ball.

I remember the pit going nuts for Whipping and I didn’t really know the song or why it was significant lol. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22