Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,088
    edited April 2023
    Edved007 said:
    wsimon74 said:
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but  I keep seeing 4/20 as a date. Is that being floated as the announcement date, or the verified fan presale date? 

If it's the on sale date, wouldn't that necessitate an announcement by Friday to allow for 10C lottery to take place?  Just speculating
    This is my guess based on that 4/20 date. Announcement tomorrow (Friday) so the 10C lotto can be open over the weekend and the drawing early next week, then Verified Fan sale can start 4/20. 

You haven’t seen the flyers?  =)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,534
    arwooten7 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Get_Right said:
    setlist41 said:
    I have a really bad feeling we are going to be gutted again today, that 4/20 might of been the date, but things on the backend change all the time. 
    No way they will pit a PJ announcement against an Eddie Vedder owned festival.

Exactly. Give it a few weeks. If ACL is real, we are looking at early May.  I am still not convinced they are going out this year.
    Those links to austin, dallas and St paul are still up when you google "pearl jam tour dallas" etc. So they are behind the scenes creating links for the shows. 
    We have been here before. Many times. Weak leaks and fan speculation. And I still have not seen a real URL to any of those links.  ACL announces in May. I am still not convinced they are going out close to a year after the last shows. I hope I am wrong.
    Do you think the links were a conspiracy?? Lol I literally visited them and saw them with my own eyes
    No just fake internet blah blah blah
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    edited April 2023
    wsimon74 said:
    Sorry if this has already been discussed, but  I keep seeing 4/20 as a date. Is that being floated as the announcement date, or the verified fan presale date? 

If it's the on sale date, wouldn't that necessitate an announcement by Friday to allow for 10C lottery to take place?  Just speculating
    Honestly it seems tight to me to get everything done in a week.  I thought we normally had about a week to request tickets.
    Just looked at the announcement for last year. The announcement and 10C request window was on March 14, and ended on the 20th.  The verified registration began on March 14 and ran to March 27. 

So if this was used as a barometer for this year, 4/20 doesn't make sense for the verified fan sale. It could still make sense as a verified registration start date with the announcement and 10C window beginning this Friday and ending next Thursday. 

or, 4/20 was the original planned announcement date? For some reason Occam's Razor comes to mind.  
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    Hopefully it’s a shorter 10C lotto window this time. Only 9 shows likely 
  • Options
    JMarksCLEJMarksCLE Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 40
    Get_Right said:
    arwooten7 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Get_Right said:
    setlist41 said:
    I have a really bad feeling we are going to be gutted again today, that 4/20 might of been the date, but things on the backend change all the time. 

Exactly. Give it a few weeks. If ACL is real, we are looking at early May.  I am still not convinced they are going out this year.
    Those links to austin, dallas and St paul are still up when you google "pearl jam tour dallas" etc. So they are behind the scenes creating links for the shows. 
    We have been here before. Many times. Weak leaks and fan speculation. And I still have not seen a real URL to any of those links.  ACL announces in May. I am still not convinced they are going out close to a year after the last shows. I hope I am wrong.
    Do you think the links were a conspiracy?? Lol I literally visited them and saw them with my own eyes
    But... they were live links on Pearl Jam's official website. You can't fake that. 
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
    04.07.17 - Rock Hall Induction
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Ohana General sale was today right, so shit should be announced next week.
  • Options
    Im just thankful that i dont even have to worry about Austin.  Im going to get tickets one way or another and ive got family near the arena that i can stay with whenever.  However, i am booked for Ft Worth, family there doesnt like me (j/k)... lol
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,302
    Brisk. said:
    Ohana General sale was today right, so shit should be announced next week.
    With a line-up like that at such a limited capacity fest, should sell-out quickly. Then we can dispense with this Ohana debate, and they'll have no more excuses.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,337
    This was the 2020 time line in January 

• Options
    VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,974
    JMarksCLE said:
    Get_Right said:
    arwooten7 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Get_Right said:
    setlist41 said:

But... they were live links on Pearl Jam's official website. You can't fake that. 
    Tour dates go in, tour dates go out. Never a miscommunication. You can't explain that.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
  • Options
    Who else just almost had a panic attack when they just checked their email? lolol
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
  • Options
    theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 279
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Bruce only has to get one person to agree to a tour.  Himself.  Same for Dave Matthews.  Their bands are going to follow them wherever they go.  Pearl Jam feels more like a democracy and there won’t be a tour unless all 5 members are in agreement.  
    Lol. Respectfully, you mustn't know these bands or their fanbases very well. It'd be exactly the same as Eddie deciding to go on tour without the rest of PJ. It wouldn't be a PJ show. It'd be an Eddie Vedder show. Same with Dave and Bruce.
    I was at a recent Bruce show and counted at least 18 musicians in the production. 
    Granted, Bruce's band is a bit overloaded with extras. But the core crew, Steve, Patti, Max, Jake, etc. are integral.
    While they’re all huge parts of the band, none of them are irreplaceable.  None of them are original E Street members.  Patti hasn’t been at any shows lately.  Max is at least the 3rd guy to sit behind the drums in the band.  Steven left the band for most of the 80s and the world didn’t stop spinning.  Jake replaced the formerly irreplaceable Clarence Clemons.  Bruce himself dropped the entire band in the 90s.  I’m not downplaying their importance to Bruce or the fans. They’re a huge part of the success.  But… There’s a reason why the band gave him the nickname “The Boss.”  Bruce runs the whole show and if he says we’re touring then there is a tour.  

Gary Tallent mofo!! Bass players always get screwed. lol
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    JMarksCLE said:
    Who else just almost had a panic attack when they just checked their email? lolol
    haha ME
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    PJ trolling again with MoPopo email. I mean it's been open for 5 years, if you haven't gone in that time, you probably won't go.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,574
    literally go to google and type in Pearl Jam tour Austin

(Or Dallas, or St. Paul)

You will see the links that google indexed.  

Look, they put out a video that collaborated Dallas, Austin, St Paul (and others)

They sent an email told us "big things coming".

They sent a FB reminder "now would be a good time to update your membership". 

Then they posted multiple local bands of those above places on FB as well. 

They Ed is playing Ohana.

Then the links were posted.  

And this is all without all the other leaks. 

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,005
    The MoPop opening party was a blast. They played the first night of the Home Shows and the bartender making my vodka sodas had a HEAVY pour. Great night. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JMarksCLE said:
    YUP!
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,509
    Get_Right said:
    arwooten7 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Get_Right said:
    setlist41 said:

They were actual pearljam.com URLs. I was able to access them when they were live. Although interestingly Chicago didn't produce a result.
  • Options
    BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 70
    Who do we think isn't that into touring anymore? I'm guessing Jeff.
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • Options
    BRWilly said:
    I think Ed. But not because he doesn't want to. But because it probably takes a HUGE toll on his voice. People always say shit like Bruce and the Stones and the Dead still tour constantly and play long shows. But none of those vocal parts are any where NEAR as straining and soaring as Eds. It's apples and oranges. 

You know Mike would do 40 dates a year if he could, lol. 
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
  • Options
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:
    I think Ed. But not because he doesn't want to. But because it probably takes a HUGE toll on his voice. People always say shit like Bruce and the Stones and the Dead still tour constantly and play long shows. But none of those vocal parts are any where NEAR as straining and soaring as Eds. It's apples and oranges. 

Totally, such a grueling job to sing these songs the way he does. But he's also willing to get out there for other projects like Earthlings, his true solo dates (a whole Euro tour not that long ago), etc. Maybe its that those are less challenging vocal duties, idk.
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

• Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,260
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:

Why would he do the solo and earthlings shows then?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:

Because the songs and melodies he wrote and recorded as a 58 year old are easier for him to sing than Once, Blood, Dissident, all the early stuff etc. etc. etc. etc And the solo show repertoire is also much easier vocally. 
    08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 784
    Where's everyone staying for the United Center shows?  I know there isn't much for hotels close to the United Center.
    I went to March Madness last year at United Center. There is pretty much nothing around the arena itself (which I thought odd for a 25 year old arena in a massive city). Everything I did outside basketball was in River North. Lots of cool hipster bars and restaurants in Fulton River District area, I believe.

Best thing I did while there was check out a blues bar called Blue Chicago. Incredible musicians. 

The scariest thing I did was take the blue line from Ohare. 
  • Options
    MS52945MS52945 Posts: 43
    ComeToTX said:
    a friend sent me the dates for FW and Austin early last week before they showed up on here.  everything posted here lined up perfectly with the list i was sent.  it's not a photoshop or a hoax.
    Did your friend say 2 days for Austin? Or just the 18th? 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,616
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    Bruce only has to get one person to agree to a tour.  Himself.  Same for Dave Matthews.  Their bands are going to follow them wherever they go.  Pearl Jam feels more like a democracy and there won’t be a tour unless all 5 members are in agreement.  
    Lol. Respectfully, you mustn't know these bands or their fanbases very well. It'd be exactly the same as Eddie deciding to go on tour without the rest of PJ. It wouldn't be a PJ show. It'd be an Eddie Vedder show. Same with Dave and Bruce.
    I was at a recent Bruce show and counted at least 18 musicians in the production. 
    Granted, Bruce's band is a bit overloaded with extras. But the core crew, Steve, Patti, Max, Jake, etc. are integral.
    While they’re all huge parts of the band, none of them are irreplaceable.  None of them are original E Street members.  Patti hasn’t been at any shows lately.  Max is at least the 3rd guy to sit behind the drums in the band.  Steven left the band for most of the 80s and the world didn’t stop spinning.  Jake replaced the formerly irreplaceable Clarence Clemons.  Bruce himself dropped the entire band in the 90s.  I’m not downplaying their importance to Bruce or the fans. They’re a huge part of the success.  But… There’s a reason why the band gave him the nickname “The Boss.”  Bruce runs the whole show and if he says we’re touring then there is a tour.  

Gary Tallent mofo!! Bass players always get screwed. lol
    Gary Wayne Tallent… Respect! He’s an OG member and hails from the hometown of @mcgruff10 😁 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,616
    Speaking of Gary Tallent… I saw Bruce in Baltimore last week and it was pretty funny to see Bruce, Nils, Steven, Jake and Suki dancing around on the small stage and Gary just standing by himself on the big stage.  He’s like a sloth but in a good way.  He barely moves.  😂
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 784
    BRWilly said:
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:

Totally, such a grueling job to sing these songs the way he does. But he's also willing to get out there for other projects like Earthlings, his true solo dates (a whole Euro tour not that long ago), etc. Maybe its that those are less challenging vocal duties, idk.
    I mean, I am no efficiency expert, but he could reduce his workload by 4% by writing in Mankind in the middle of every set. Go backstage for a quick massage and drink.
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,260
    JMarksCLE said:
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:

Because the songs and melodies he wrote and recorded as a 58 year old are easier for him to sing than Once, Blood, Dissident, all the early stuff etc. etc. etc. etc And the solo show repertoire is also much easier vocally. 
    Not buying that could easily pick a setlist of easier PJ songs 
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    BRWilly said:
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:

I mean, I am no efficiency expert, but he could reduce his workload by 4% by writing in Mankind in the middle of every set. Go backstage for a quick massage and drink.
    He also guest stars with 25% of Ohana...I dunno I think Jeff's small town Montana roots are getting deeper and deeper and he just enjoys hanging at home.
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23