The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,397
    KN219077 said:
    My only question is will this be the only time Missoula is skipped on an election year for Tester?!
    That s 2024, there s time.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,185
    Get_Right said:
    pjl44 said:
    Get_Right said:
    arwooten7 said:
    Get_Right said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Get_Right said:
    setlist41 said:
    I have a really bad feeling we are going to be gutted again today, that 4/20 might of been the date, but things on the backend change all the time. 
    No way they will pit a PJ announcement against an Eddie Vedder owned festival.

Exactly. Give it a few weeks. If ACL is real, we are looking at early May.  I am still not convinced they are going out this year.
    Those links to austin, dallas and St paul are still up when you google "pearl jam tour dallas" etc. So they are behind the scenes creating links for the shows. 
    We have been here before. Many times. Weak leaks and fan speculation. And I still have not seen a real URL to any of those links.  ACL announces in May. I am still not convinced they are going out close to a year after the last shows. I hope I am wrong.
    Do you think the links were a conspiracy?? Lol I literally visited them and saw them with my own eyes
    No just fake internet blah blah blah
    They were actual pearljam.com URLs. I was able to access them when they were live. Although interestingly Chicago didn't produce a result.
    Send them to me.  

Dead now but they were showing up under this:

https://pearljam.com/tour/history/show/austin

Swap out Austin for Noblesville, etc.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,828
    Poncier said:
    JojoRice said:
    I was married on a 13th (June) and my wife's birthday is on a 13th (March). More good signs for today!
    I was also married on June 13th. Rained like a sonofabitch, 5+ inches. Also graduated high school on June 13th...not the same year as wedding.  ;)

I know someone who got engaged senior year of HS.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    Brisk. said:
    PJ trolling again with MoPopo email. I mean it's been open for 5 years, if you haven't gone in that time, you probably won't go.

But how much of that was COVID shutdown?
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:
    Who do we think isn't that into touring anymore? I'm guessing Jeff.
    I think Ed. But not because he doesn't want to. But because it probably takes a HUGE toll on his voice. People always say shit like Bruce and the Stones and the Dead still tour constantly and play long shows. But none of those vocal parts are any where NEAR as straining and soaring as Eds. It's apples and oranges. 

You know Mike would do 40 dates a year if he could, lol. 

I'd imagine Earthlings stuff is a lot easier.
    kaw753 said:
    BRWilly said:
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:
    I think Ed. But not because he doesn't want to. But because it probably takes a HUGE toll on his voice. People always say shit like Bruce and the Stones and the Dead still tour constantly and play long shows. But none of those vocal parts are any where NEAR as straining and soaring as Eds. It's apples and oranges. 

Totally, such a grueling job to sing these songs the way he does. But he's also willing to get out there for other projects like Earthlings, his true solo dates (a whole Euro tour not that long ago), etc. Maybe its that those are less challenging vocal duties, idk.
    I mean, I am no efficiency expert, but he could reduce his workload by 4% by writing in Mankind in the middle of every set. Go backstage for a quick massage and drink.
    I believe this explains why there is always Even Flow with a lengthy guitar solo about halfway through the main set.  

He spent that time in Columbus by taking a smoke break. *Shrugs*
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    kaw753 said:
    BRWilly said:
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:

Totally, such a grueling job to sing these songs the way he does. But he's also willing to get out there for other projects like Earthlings, his true solo dates (a whole Euro tour not that long ago), etc. Maybe its that those are less challenging vocal duties, idk.
    I mean, I am no efficiency expert, but he could reduce his workload by 4% by writing in Mankind in the middle of every set. Go backstage for a quick massage and drink.
    I believe this explains why there is always Even Flow with a lengthy guitar solo about halfway through the main set.  

He spent that time in Columbus by taking a smoke break. *Shrugs*
    Whatever gets you by! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • NoloadNoload Posts: 1,630
    I missed 160+ posts about nothing..just checking in. Thanks
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    Noload said:
    correct
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,835
    Noload said:
    Welcome back 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,411
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:

And hear Dirty Frank played live
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 5,617
    I love it when people make snide comments like "oh. I just sifted through all those pages for nothing."

I'm sorry, would you like your "free" back?😏
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II, 08/29 & 08/31/24: Wrigley Field I & II, 09/03 & 09/04/24: MSG I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, Bugs/all of Vitalogy, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), The Long Road, Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways, Ghost, Bu$hleaguer, WWS, Parachutes, Army Reserve, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Fatal, Hitchhiker, Education, Black Red Yellow, Of the Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Gonna See My Friend, Amongst the Waves, Santa Cruz, Infallible, Yellow Moon, Alright, Comes Then Goes, Got to Give, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Noload said:
    Now 165 ;)
  • smile6680smile6680 Posts: 378
    Go Animal said:
    I love it when people make snide comments like "oh. I just sifted through all those pages for nothing."

What?
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Go Animal said:

Also kind of a weird time in the cycle to complain about it. The rumors at this point are what they are, nothing left to do but shitpost until we all get an email.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,946
    edited April 2023

Post edited by on2legs on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    edited April 2023
    Brisk. said:
    PJ trolling again with MoPopo email. I mean it's been open for 5 years, if you haven't gone in that time, you probably won't go.

I saw it when I was there for the Home shows in 2018, but it was not nearly enough time to savor it all. I would love to see it again SEVERAL more times!

If you don't live near Seattle, it is hard to justify traveling there just to see this when there is not a PJ show, and they have not played there again since. And Covid! Shows STILL got cancelled in 2022 due to Covid, so it was still disrupting events.

So no, we did not have 5 years to see this, and I'm so bummed its closing!

*** I sure wish they would extend the exhibit "by popular demand", at least through the summer, or until after PJ plays Seattle again.
    Can we somehow make this happen? ***

@Sea ,@Santos L. Halper  Any suggestions?

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but someone mentioned the related email a few posts back, and I had to comment.
    Post edited by OfThePearl on
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don’t see how ohana has any impact on pj shows.  So weird.  
    It absolutely shouldn’t. You see the lineup and either want to go or don’t 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Posts: 3,980
    BRWilly said:

I'm kind of surprised that your post has been up this long without someone saying "It's Stone's fault." Y'all are slipping.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    edited April 2023
    Re: Houston....I think just be thrilled that Austin is getting non-ACL shows.  

Houston and New Orleans both have the same problem---there's amazing festivals in their city or near their city.  

At Jazz Fest they'll headline to 90,000 people at 4:30pm. End the show by 6pm  and hang out with other legends all night.  At ACL they'll play two shows to 75,000 at a well run festival.  Austin is close enough to Houston to take care of the market tho.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,907
    Brisk. said:

I saw it when I was there for the Home shows in 2018, but it was not nearly enough time to savor it all. I would love to see it again SEVERAL more times!

If you don't live near Seattle, it is hard to justify traveling there just to see this when there is not a PJ show, and they have not played there again since. And Covid! Shows STILL got cancelled in 2022 due to Covid, so it was still disrupting events.

*** I sure wish they would extend the exhibit "by popular demand", at least through the summer, or until after PJ plays Seattle again.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but someone mentioned the related email a few posts back, and I had to comment.
    Pretty sure 10C does not control the MOPOP’s use of space.  A museum is also a business, to an extent, and probably this wasn’t generating enough traffic any more and it’s time for a new exhibit.  I saw it at the home show weekend and thought it was great.  Don’t get me wrong.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • MM70435MM70435 Posts: 281
    edited April 2023
    Noload said:
    I felt the same way.  I guess I am the only person out there who does not watch Picard.  I am not complaining at all by the way.  I have no problem with off topic discussions at all.  
    Post edited by MM70435 on
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 770
    Brisk. said:

Pretty sure 10C does not control the MOPOP’s use of space.  A museum is also a business, to an extent, and probably this wasn’t generating enough traffic any more and it’s time for a new exhibit.  I saw it at the home show weekend and thought it was great.  Don’t get me wrong.  
    You are right, I'm sure.  But under the exhibit title on MoPOP, it says "in collaboration with Pearl Jam and 10c", so I didn't know exactly what input they might have.
    JMarksCLE said:
    BRWilly said:

And hear Dirty Frank played live

Dirty Frank OR Fenway 2018.

Hmmm..
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    As the Porch lyrics from the 4/1 teaser video say:

This could be the day!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    Team Today... why not? 
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,675
    BRWilly said:

I'm kind of surprised that your post has been up this long without someone saying "It's Stone's fault." Y'all are slipping.
    Probably cause it's more likely Jeff's fault.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Just heard on radio in Atlanta there will be announcement on 4/25 of a band getting back together, new album, and tour.  Do not think this is Pearl Jam related but...............anyone have an idea on who?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Kevinman said:
    Just heard on radio in Atlanta there will be announcement on 4/25 of a band getting back together, new album, and tour.  Do not think this is Pearl Jam related but...............anyone have an idea on who?
    Possibly Matchbox 20