Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 634
    Are Smashing Pumpkins good live these days?  I’ve seen some negative mentions on here of their SHN ‘21 appearance.  Might be fun to make a long weekend of Indy, but only if they don’t suck. 
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    Sept 9th is Smashing Pumpkins in Noblesville, In... If PJ is the next nite that could be fun.... 
    fun???  have you seen the pumpkins? 

it's like night and day seeing the two shows - saw them both at sea hear now and lasted about 8 songs into the pumpkins and decided to go watch grass grow instead ;)

• Options
    JM12271JM12271 Posts: 209
    edited April 2023
    Still hoping beyond hope for a Detroit swing. Cleveland needs some love, too.

So - 2006 since Cleveland - is that right? Detroit in 2014 - phenomenal.
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    Sept 9th is Smashing Pumpkins in Noblesville, In... If PJ is the next nite that could be fun.... 
    fun???  have you seen the pumpkins? 

it's like night and day seeing the two shows - saw them both at sea hear now and lasted about 8 songs into the pumpkins and decided to go watch grass grow instead ;)

Yes, saw them in 2019, was good.. not like 1991 at the Metro.. but good... 
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    Smashing pumpkins are def worth seeing 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,483
    I had a lot of hope they'd play Little Caesars Arena, or the amphitheatre... but no sources ever chimed in. Maybe next year!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    Is 5 cities really "Big Things", still think there's gotta be more going on.  Multiple night 2s also seems strange.  All very odd, hopefully clear soon.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    JM12271 said:

Cleveland had a show in 2010.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 496
    LaFleur said:
    Is 5 cities really "Big Things", still think there's gotta be more going on.  Multiple night 2s also seems strange.  All very odd, hopefully clear soon.
    This. 

I'm hoping today was an appetizer for what's to come. Assuming part of the Big Things is the new album, but have to also believe there are more dates yet to be announced/discovered. 
  • Options
    Go Animal said:
    I had a lot of hope they'd play Little Caesars Arena, or the amphitheatre... but no sources ever chimed in. Maybe next year!

Here's what I'm really hoping/thinking
    This tour will be small. No new songs.
    Next year? Get ready. That's when the fun comes back.

I could be wrong...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Go Animal said:

I could be wrong...
    I would not mind that at all. We missed out seeing the new songs live last year because we could only do Baltimore and that was cancelled. I would love to hear some before they vanish into obscurity.

• Options
    JM12271JM12271 Posts: 209
    JM12271 said:

Cleveland had a show in 2010.
    That is right - I saw them in the Cornfield as I live less than a mile from it and didn't want to schlep to Cleveland (where I am from)

• Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Go Animal said:

I could be wrong...
    Yep. That’s what I think as well.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,324
    DEGBTI said:
    logan5ive said:
    I can't be the only person who thinks 2 shows in Ft Worth and Austin isn't very likely.

I'd like it to be true as I have a free place to stay but just don't see it.
    1 per city is more realistic.
    My source said the 2nd show wasn't a given, but that's the date on hold if they have a 2nd show.
    this
    Let's sell em out fast then. Make em a given.
  • Options
    I would not mind that at all. We missed out seeing the new songs live last year because we could only do Baltimore and that was cancelled. I would love to hear some before they vanish into obscurity.

It is kind of funny to imagine five years from now us watching the setlist threads saying “Wow! Never Destination! Here I thought they were digging deep because they pulled out Sad last night, little did I know…”
  • Options

It is kind of funny to imagine five years from now us watching the setlist threads saying “Wow! Never Destination! Here I thought they were digging deep because they pulled out Sad last night, little did I know…”

Look at 1998 vs 1992. Of course, they knew more songs then, but even ones like Garden and Deep became rarities.

Compare 2003 to 2009. Songs like All or None and Ghost became rarities.
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 307
    GlowGirl said:
    Manu117 said:
    I assume they will use non-transferrable tickets and have F2F resale again (except for maybe Chicago)?
    Why not Chicago?
    Because Illinois is like New York and Colorado where you can't prohibit transferring tickets. As a result, there may be Chicago tickets for sale on the secondary market, rather than F2F. 

How would ten club tickets work for Chicago. Would there be a will call 
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,319
    BT71946 said:
    Not going to be a stadium for Chi or St Paul baseball teams are playing at home on those dates.
    Austin City Limits is in October.
    Twins are away starting the 31st, but god I hope it's not at Target Field.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,181
    GlowGirl said:
    Manu117 said:
    I assume they will use non-transferrable tickets and have F2F resale again (except for maybe Chicago)?
    Why not Chicago?
    Because Illinois is like New York and Colorado where you can't prohibit transferring tickets. As a result, there may be Chicago tickets for sale on the secondary market, rather than F2F. 

How would ten club tickets work for Chicago. Would there be a will call 

They work the same as anywhere else.
  • Options
    WillistonWilliston Minnesota Posts: 36
    PJNB said:
    So people think they are going to announce one date for each city? They are going to announce St Paul on Aug 31st and Chicago Sep 7 and nothing in between? Really?
    If its 2 shows per stop and they do St. Paul 8/31 and 9/2, that gives credibility to Chicago shows on 9/5 and 9/7.
  • Options
    WillistonWilliston Minnesota Posts: 36
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    So people think they are going to announce one date for each city? They are going to announce St Paul on Aug 31st and Chicago Sep 7 and nothing in between? Really?
    Could be 1 show announced.  Lottery.  Public sale.  Sell out.  2nd show added.  No lottery.  On sale immediately. Chaos.

They've done that before too.  No one wants that. 
    There is no public sale anymore though. It is all verified fan. 

I do not see them leaving a 6 day gap for this tour as part of the ten club lotto. I also do not see there only being 5 shows on the ten club lotto which is what we would be getting if this was the case.
    If they do 2 shows per stop than St. Paul on 8/31 and 9/2, Chicago 9/5 and 9/7, than Indy 9/10 and 9/12, than texas 9/15 and 9/18. Gap isnt crazy
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    Wow, place had really died down when I left this afternoon. Now I come back to 300+ new posts.
    So basically, we just got additional confirmation on all the dates that we've already known about for the past month?
  • Options
    Wow, place had really died down when I left this afternoon. Now I come back to 300+ new posts.
    So basically, we just got additional confirmation on all the dates that we've already known about for the past month?
    Nobody knew shit a month ago
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    Really? I'm pretty sure those St Paul, Chicago and Noblesville dates have been swirling around that long. Or maybe I'm just psychic. ;)
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 640
    Really hope there’s some dates before St Paul. Might be visiting the US from the UK in August, so catching a show would be a huge bonus.
  • Options
    Really? I'm pretty sure those St Paul, Chicago and Noblesville dates have been swirling around that long. Or maybe I'm just psychic. ;)
    I'd say 2 weeks max.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    I don’t know who really knew and who was guessing, but chicago in sept and not wrigley has been brought up for months 
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    ddeschler said:
    Are Smashing Pumpkins good live these days?  I’ve seen some negative mentions on here of their SHN ‘21 appearance.  Might be fun to make a long weekend of Indy, but only if they don’t suck. 
    Saw them at UC in Chicago back in November with Jane's Addiction and Dorothy. I thought they sounded good. Cool stage setup.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    edited April 2023
    Williston said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:
    Could be 1 show announced.  Lottery.  Public sale.  Sell out.  2nd show added.  No lottery.  On sale immediately. Chaos.

I do not see them leaving a 6 day gap for this tour as part of the ten club lotto. I also do not see there only being 5 shows on the ten club lotto which is what we would be getting if this was the case.
    If they do 2 shows per stop than St. Paul on 8/31 and 9/2, Chicago 9/5 and 9/7, than Indy 9/10 and 9/12, than texas 9/15 and 9/18. Gap isnt crazy
    That is not what I am saying though. Some people think that since we only got one date leaked per city they will not be announcing all the shows at once whenever they decide to make it public. That would have a tour that initially looks like this. 

St Paul Aug 31
    Chicago Sep 7
    Noblesville Sep 10 
    FTW Sep 13
    Austin Sep 18

I am saying I do not see them doing this and keeping the other dates back until after the 10C lotto. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    PJNB said:
    Williston said:
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB said:

That is not what I am saying though. Some people think that since we only got one date leaked per city they will not be announcing all the shows at once whenever they decide to make it public. That would have a tour that initially looks like this. 

St Paul Aug 31
    Chicago Sep 7
    Noblesville Sep 10 
    FTW Sep 13
    Austin Sep 18

I am saying I do not see them doing this and keeping the other dates back until after the 10C lotto. 
    Agreed, no way they announce it like this.

Anyways, I think today is finally the day!