Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    Wow, place had really died down when I left this afternoon. Now I come back to 300+ new posts.
    So basically, we just got additional confirmation on all the dates that we've already known about for the past month?
    Nobody knew shit a month ago
    Really? I'm pretty sure those St Paul, Chicago and Noblesville dates have been swirling around that long. Or maybe I'm just psychic. ;)
    I'd say 2 weeks max.
    I'm not trying to argue about it. But after checking, people were aware at least 3.5 weeks ago. Not the specifics (Northerly v. United, Minneapolis v. St Paul), but the dates and locations have been circulating.
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    Wow, place had really died down when I left this afternoon. Now I come back to 300+ new posts.
    So basically, we just got additional confirmation on all the dates that we've already known about for the past month?
    Really? I'm pretty sure those St Paul, Chicago and Noblesville dates have been swirling around that long. Or maybe I'm just psychic. ;)
    I'd say 2 weeks max.
    I made my Noblesville hotel reservation on March 12th, so alot of this has been circulating for a while
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 675
    Guys save this combativeness for the people mocking you on Facebook 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,466
    mattcoz said:
    GlowGirl said:
    Manu117 said:
    I assume they will use non-transferrable tickets and have F2F resale again (except for maybe Chicago)?
    Why not Chicago?
    Because Illinois is like New York and Colorado where you can't prohibit transferring tickets. As a result, there may be Chicago tickets for sale on the secondary market, rather than F2F. 

How would ten club tickets work for Chicago. Would there be a will call 

They work the same as anywhere else.
    Everywhere else in North America.  Not the old will call system that is still used in Europe.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    Channel 9 Reaction GIF by The Block
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    setlist41setlist41 Posts: 433
    I'm not feeling it today,  hopefully I'm wrong 
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,866
    PJ is in no rush to release these dates. 
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    LaFleur said:
    Is 5 cities really "Big Things", still think there's gotta be more going on.  Multiple night 2s also seems strange.  All very odd, hopefully clear soon.
    COuld be special "Set Lists"  Like, playing albums from beginning to end..... or "Unplugged"?
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    setlist41 said:
    I'm not feeling it today,  hopefully I'm wrong 
    I kinda feel like they are going to give a couple of days for Ohana to marinate before the tour is officially released.  Feel like thats what i would do if i was running things.
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Big things. No east coast shows. Philly tease. Three full months of the year after Ohana. 

Maybe?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,639
    A series of shows sounds more appropriate than a tour.  A smattering perhaps.
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    edited April 2023
    the fact that this page is blowing up over 6 to 8 dates after the tour they put out last year doing only 1 nighters in places like nyc and philly is kinda sad. i dont mean to be a bummer on what is hopefully a "big" announcement day but this band has become all about the easy dollar hence the flat rate 10c membership, the vinyl releases which seam to happen every other month now, and many other examples.... also the age excuse is garbage. for example Bruce has an average band age of 69, tours constantly. DMB has an average age of 56, 45+ shows a summer. Motley crue average age, 64. tours constantly (although they probably shouldnt) lol. PJ? 58.... and we get 1 GOOD tour every what, 3 to 5 years? 2013, 2016, 2022 kinda. they are phoning it in. hell even the shows we do get, 2016 philly was 32 songs. msg 2022 was 24 because they now use openers? come on. I know most of you are gonna s**t all over this post but it needed to be said. hopefully the "BIG THINGS" announcement changes that 
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,652
    LaFleur said:
    Is 5 cities really "Big Things", still think there's gotta be more going on.  Multiple night 2s also seems strange.  All very odd, hopefully clear soon.
    COuld be special "Set Lists"  Like, playing albums from beginning to end..... or "Unplugged"?
    I think some out side of the box thinking like this would be awesome at this point... especially if the 24+/- song set lists are going to be the norm moving forward. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,088
    Hopefully there's no openers so we get longer shows. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    dtr0624 said:
    the fact that this page is blowing up over 6 to 8 dates after the tour they put out last year doing only 1 nighters in places like nyc and philly is kinda sad. i dont mean to be a bummer on what is hopefully a "big" announcement day but this band has become all about the easy dollar hence the flat rate 10c membership, the vinyl releases which seam to happen every other month now, and many other examples.... also the age excuse is garbage. for example Bruce has an average band age of 69, tours constantly. DMB has an average age of 56, 45+ shows a summer. Motley crue average age, 64. tours constantly (although they probably shouldnt) lol. PJ? 58.... and we get 1 GOOD tour every what, 3 to 5 years? 2013, 2016, 2022 kinda. they are phoning it in. hell even the shows we do get, 2016 philly was 32 songs. msg 2022 was 24 because they now use openers? come on. I know most of you are gonna s**t all over this post but it needed to be said. hopefully the "BIG THINGS" announcement changes that 
    Its been winding down here for years.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    A smidgen even?
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Bruce hasn't had a huge tour in six years, granted they did tour more frequently before then. Also known for his big shows. 
    I wouldn't compare them to Dave, it's a different style. Kudos to them for touring annually but not the same. 

At this point and with the last few years I'll take any shows they want to play. Having unrealistic expectations doesn't help even if we all wish they would play more. Won't disagree on cashing in as they do a lot of that now with all the releases but that's par for the course. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    I’m starting to believe that the Philly skyline was a mistake. Who ever made that teaser video doesn’t know their city architecture. 

I’m also on board with this little run of shows being just the start of more. Feel like we will get new music this year.  Maybe an Australia tour in winter, followed by more shows in the states next spring?  That would fall under big things in the year ahead, not necessarily this year (2023). Email could have been worded differently if that’s the case, but it’s all semantics. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    dtr0624 said:
    "If needed to be said" as if it hasn't been said repeatedly. 
  • Options
    dtr0624 said:
    I think this is a bit of a harsh statement.  At this stage of their continued successful careers, i think they deserve to do what makes them happy.  You can tell they still really enjoy playing for us, but maybe touring like Bruce or DMB, just doesnt bring them that kind of joy.  I am all for keeping their tanks full.  Also, this band has NEVER been all about the money.
  • Options
    estarr31 said:
    Bruce hasn't had a huge tour in six years, granted they did tour more frequently before then. Also known for his big shows. 
    I wouldn't compare them to Dave, it's a different style. Kudos to them for touring annually but not the same. 

At this point and with the last few years I'll take any shows they want to play. Having unrealistic expectations doesn't help even if we all wish they would play more. Won't disagree on cashing in as they do a lot of that now with all the releases but that's par for the course. 
    This... not to mention, Bruce, at his age is an outlier, not the norm. Same for McCartney. If those guys are where you're setting the bar for people 60 & above, I think you're a little detached from reality. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Big things. No east coast shows. Philly tease. Three full months of the year after Ohana. 

Maybe?
    I want so badly to believe this. 
    I don’t. But I want to.
    Which do we think was a bigger mistake: teasing a non-existent Philly show, or promising their email list “big things”?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    They did 10 shows plus 2 festival shows in 2014. That was 9 years ago. This year they are rumoured to be doing 9 with less cities. It really is not that much different comparing the two years. Also they have opened with a band before (2013) and still played 30 plus songs. Their start time really has not changed either. They have made a conscious decision to play shorter sets unfortunately. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    A smidgen even?
    A soupçon 
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:

Maybe?
    I don’t. But I want to.
    Which do we think was a bigger mistake: teasing a non-existent Philly show, or promising their email list “big things”?
    At least you're not jumping the gun. 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903

Not true at all 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    LaFleur said:
    Every show is already special. Don’t get greedy 
  • Options
    kmcmanus said:
    JimmyV said:

Maybe?
    I don’t. But I want to.
    At least you're not jumping the gun. 
    I hope I’m jumping the gun! I’m wrong all the time, I would love for this to be one of them.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Play setlists from 1998 to celebrate 25 years of Yield?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    PJNB said:
    A smidgen even?
    I can't wait for the 2024 Smattering rumors to begin!