Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Is the common theory the announcement will be next Monday?   Why else would they sent out a news letter on the 3rd? 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    DL236795 said:
    Any chance they would play Splendour in the Grass in July in Australia?
    Hey, no need for that type of language! This is a family forum.

Oh wait, you said grass, never mind.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,222
    Bunting10 said:
    So I'm thinking the United Center is pretty close to Alpine.  So I don't think 4 is Alpine.  There were rumors about Boston and then Mansfield. Is it the Xfinity center?  I wish zooming in can show me a couple or Red Sox hats or something, but I can't make them out.  It has a feel for the Xfinity Center though, no?  

• Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    D-Rod said:
    Is the common theory the announcement will be next Monday?   Why else would they sent out a news letter on the 3rd? 
    yeah I was thinking there had to be a connection... however looking at the email, there really was no news in there at all other than the teaser video - the yield reissue and the closing of mopop were both in previous newsletters. Seems the sole purpose of the email was to hype the pending tour announcement and give people a final "told you so" to get their memberships up to date.

It wasn't like they had content in there for a typical "tenth" newsletter that they didn't want to get lost with tour news. So, the tour email *could* be coming Monday, or it could be coming any other time before then. 
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,513
    D-Rod said:
    To mess with us of course! 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    My pointless prediction:

They send out an email with a few dates. "These will be the only tour dates for 2023."

Some fan: "What about Europe/Australia/my country?"
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 158
    Can’t see them going out for less than 15 shows doesn’t make sense with the crew the stage that stuff I’m really hoping after years of hoping we get maybe 25 to 30?
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,226
    Some East Coast shows would be nice!
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    joseph33 said:

Hopefully PJ agrees.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,578
    I don't know how much of you folks keep up with Tik Tok, but I've been watching live Taylor Swift concerts as they are happening in real time from concertgoers and the production/sound has been awesome.

I'm sure I will catch some PJ shows live via Tik Tok this tour.

Are PJ fans young enough to be on TikTok?

Periscope was the shiz and it wasn't connected to China.
    I am not young and I am on tiktok. What’s your point? 
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    GlowGirl said:
    Bunting10 said:
    So I'm thinking the United Center is pretty close to Alpine.  So I don't think 4 is Alpine.  There were rumors about Boston and then Mansfield. Is it the Xfinity center?  I wish zooming in can show me a couple or Red Sox hats or something, but I can't make them out.  It has a feel for the Xfinity Center though, no?  

Haha Charlie would figure this out!
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,249
    tschav said:
    tschav said:

Decided to screengrab each segment of that video (open image in new tab for larger). Where are we at with this list?
    1. San Diego (Viejas Arena above truck)
    3. Minneapolis (First St)
    4. Alpine Valley...? 
    5. Chicago (wide shot of United Center)
    6. Chicago (Jordan statue)
    7. Inglewood (Kia Forum)
    9. Indianapolis/Noblesville (Indy cars)
    10. Indianapolis/Noblesville (Ruoff Music Center)
    11. Fresno (Larry A. Shehadey Tower) 
    12. Dallas (Cowboys hat)
    13. Dallas (Rodman/'98)
    14. Redo of 2022 tour stop (Josh K's name in upper left, appears indoor so not Ohana '21)
    15. Philly (skyline)
    16. Vegas...?
    18. Austin (ACL flag)

Agree that some of the footage can be filler... #8 and a few other cuts are just crates moving about.
    - Seems like most of the 2-night dates have 2 clips, so it's possible that some of the unknown clips are Minnesota/Austin.
    - #2 doesn't make sense for Vegas because they didn't plan to play Allegiant Stadium
    - #4 would easily be Alpine if there were PJ20 shirts visible in the crowd, but can't see anything. More wishful thinking at this point.
    17. FRESNO....... 100% 

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760
    Is 2 viking stadium or us bank stadium
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    SandyRavageSandyRavage Posts: 944
    I've got questions. 

Does anyone else feel like we'll get another teaser video before Monday? And with Monday being the 10th it almost writes itself. 

If this tour is "geographically" similar to 2014, will their be "outlier" market shows, like Memphis, Moline, and Lincoln were to the 2014 tour? Could New Orleans possibly get it's first non festival show since 2003? Houston possibly? Or is Austin going to be as Southern as it gets?

Somehow I feel D.C. is gunna be involved in this, especially if the Philly/Pittsburg rumors are true. Are they going to do a 1 of Sirius sponsored show like the Apollo at say the 9:30 club or something of that nature once every single tour? 

If they play Ohio, will they play songs about Trains?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399

If they play Ohio, will they play songs about Trains?
    "You can't be neutral on a derailing traaaaiiiin"
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Did Pierre say MMRBQ? Yes, he said MMRBQ. Specifically he said "MMRBQ in September." He added that that lineup and date of the show will be announced on Monday, April 10th at the same time as the first Concert Cash keyword is given out. That's 8am if you need a reminder. 
    This is an indicator that it's not Pearl Jam. Maybe they would play this thing and maybe they wouldn't, but no way a tour announcement is built around one radio station's wacky Concert Cash gimmick. 
    It's possible. I mean, most festivals won't allow artists to announce that they'll be playing until the festival itself has dropped the lineup. Maybe PJ wants to announce all dates at once, but can't announce that they're playing there until after the station does.
    I honestly don't know. It's all just a guessing game at this point.
    It’s not Pearl Jam headlining the MMRBQ… Trust me. 
    Are you sure?

They moved the show from May to September; grabbing a headliner like PJ would be a good reason for that. 

Also, that may be why they delayed their own tour date announcement. 

And maybe we do have a new album coming; playing a radio festival would be good promo.  
    MMRBQ headliner is a band that already has a tour dates announced but no Philly area show yet. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,335
    GlowGirl said:
    Bunting10 said:

This is the perfect meme for this 🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    JJS71185JJS71185 Posts: 84
    uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Did Pierre say MMRBQ? Yes, he said MMRBQ. Specifically he said "MMRBQ in September." He added that that lineup and date of the show will be announced on Monday, April 10th at the same time as the first Concert Cash keyword is given out. That's 8am if you need a reminder. 
    This is an indicator that it's not Pearl Jam. Maybe they would play this thing and maybe they wouldn't, but no way a tour announcement is built around one radio station's wacky Concert Cash gimmick. 
    It's possible. I mean, most festivals won't allow artists to announce that they'll be playing until the festival itself has dropped the lineup. Maybe PJ wants to announce all dates at once, but can't announce that they're playing there until after the station does.
    Are you sure?

They moved the show from May to September; grabbing a headliner like PJ would be a good reason for that. 

And maybe we do have a new album coming; playing a radio festival would be good promo.  
    MMRBQ headliner is a band that already has a tour dates announced but no Philly area show yet. 
    Oh man it’s gonna be Shinedown or Rob Zombie again isn’t it
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    uglybabo said:
    JimmyV said:
    Doug87 said:
    Are you sure?

Foo fighters? It’s always foo fighters 😂🤣
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    pjhawks said:
    Another reason to keep the MMRBQ possibly going. In previous years they gave out tickets like crazy. Now you only get a pair if you win the Concert Cash contest. Harder to win because they will be in high demand. 
    No chance.  Made in America is much more likely if they are doing a festival.  No way MMR could meet their price.  
    MMR doesn’t have to meet their price to just throw their logos on the show.  They can agree with the band to throw a couple opening acts on the bill and that’s it. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    tschav said:
    tschav said:

Decided to screengrab each segment of that video (open image in new tab for larger). Where are we at with this list?
    1. San Diego (Viejas Arena above truck)
    3. Minneapolis (First St)
    4. Alpine Valley...? 
    5. Chicago (wide shot of United Center)
    6. Chicago (Jordan statue)
    7. Inglewood (Kia Forum)
    9. Indianapolis/Noblesville (Indy cars)
    10. Indianapolis/Noblesville (Ruoff Music Center)
    11. Fresno (Larry A. Shehadey Tower) 
    12. Dallas (Cowboys hat)
    13. Dallas (Rodman/'98)
    14. Redo of 2022 tour stop (Josh K's name in upper left, appears indoor so not Ohana '21)
    15. Philly (skyline)
    16. Vegas...?
    18. Austin (ACL flag)

Agree that some of the footage can be filler... #8 and a few other cuts are just crates moving about.
    - Seems like most of the 2-night dates have 2 clips, so it's possible that some of the unknown clips are Minnesota/Austin.
    - #2 doesn't make sense for Vegas because they didn't plan to play Allegiant Stadium
    - #4 would easily be Alpine if there were PJ20 shirts visible in the crowd, but can't see anything. More wishful thinking at this point.
    17. FRESNO....... 100% 

This is correct (see below)

• Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Kearn5y said:
    Hard to say for sure but definitely looks possible maybe even probable to me

• Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 920
    Nobody thinking Missoula? When’s the last time they skipped Missoula on an election year for Tester?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,242
    joseph33 said:

Hopefully PJ agrees.
    Nah, the mantra is “make them come to us.” First single new album is Burn That Jet Fuel, Baby!…we don’t care where they live, burn, baby, burn!
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138

Isn’t there one too many doo’s for Black 🤔
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,760
    Doug87 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Hard to say for sure but definitely looks possible maybe even probable to me

If not, Sofi Stadium?
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    I think people need to pump the brakes on expectations this tour. If the rumours are accurate and no shows are added there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here. 

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,532
    PJNB said:
    I think people need to pump the brakes on expectations this tour. If the rumours are accurate and no shows are added there are going to be a lot of disappointed people here. 

There are ALWAYS disappointed people no matter what happens. 
    If not this year, then next....
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,309
    JP218404 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Another reason to keep the MMRBQ possibly going. In previous years they gave out tickets like crazy. Now you only get a pair if you win the Concert Cash contest. Harder to win because they will be in high demand. 
    No chance.  Made in America is much more likely if they are doing a festival.  No way MMR could meet their price.  
    MMR doesn’t have to meet their price to just throw their logos on the show.  They can agree with the band to throw a couple opening acts on the bill and that’s it. 
    why would PJ do that? they can sell out any arena of any size in the Philly area.  The teaser video showed Philly skyline. MMRBQ is not in Philly but Camden. the MMRBQ is not happening with PJ. There is about a .000001 % chance of that. Just put that thought completely out of your mind.  MIA, Wells Fargo, or CBP are the only logical choices if it's happening at all. 
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    PJNB said:

5 cities? Can you even call
    that a tour? I think the disappointment would finally be justified if this happens.