The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    nicknyr15 said:
    Happy for everyone who’s getting a show. Honestly, 5-10 years ago I’d be over the moon and planning trips. I just don’t have that feeling anymore. The two shows I seen last year were incredible, possibly the best of the tour. But that “FOMO” feeling is gone. The anything can happen tonight feeling is gone. If Philly happens to be arena , I’ll be there. But no chance I’ll go to a baseball stadium and MIA. 

Yup, 25% shorter shows and days off in between makes it much harder to justify the travel
    But at least it won't be like this current Bruce tour with show after show the same...

Zzzz
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    I'm starting to get nervous. It's awfully quiet out there for announcements to be forthcoming today.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,956
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sarava said:
    Eh, maybe I'm recalling wrong - but it seems to me when they put out the warnings to re-up your membership, its at least several days, if not a week or two before an announcement comes.

Oh and.... Chicago shows please!
    Agreed, way too quick.  I'm thinking tour announcement Monday.  
    Shhh! This is crazy talk. 

You taking the wife to see a Notre Dame game before the Noblesville show,
    Whoa.   What an idea
    Not at home that weekend. Just looked.
    Check and see if they are offering the tour of the stadium that weekend.  On the way back from the Wrigley show  in 2013 we stopped overnight in South Bend and we were able to get tickets for the stadium tour.  We got to see the locker rooms, luxury boxes, all the behind the scenes areas and get out on the field. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JMarksCLEJMarksCLE Posts: 40
    You think the fellas are going to follow The Cure's lead and get rid of dynamic pricing, lower their ticket prices, and cancel tickets that show up on reseller sites....?

08.26.98 - Cleveland
    08.21.00 - Columbus
    04.25.03 - Cleveland
    05.20.06 - Cleveland
    05.09.10 - Cleveland
    10.11.13 - Pittsburgh
    09.26.15 - NYC 
    05.11.16 - Tampa
    04.07.17 - Rock Hall Induction
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    I'm starting to get nervous. It's awfully quiet out there for announcements to be forthcoming today.
    Based on the communications from 10C yesterday, an announcement is imminent. 
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 451
    Little over over 2 hrs......
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,323
    nicknyr15 said:
    Happy for everyone who’s getting a show. Honestly, 5-10 years ago I’d be over the moon and planning trips. I just don’t have that feeling anymore. The two shows I seen last year were incredible, possibly the best of the tour. But that “FOMO” feeling is gone. The anything can happen tonight feeling is gone. If Philly happens to be arena , I’ll be there. But no chance I’ll go to a baseball stadium and MIA. 

Yup, 25% shorter shows and days off in between makes it much harder to justify the travel
    But at least it won't be like this current Bruce tour with show after show the same...

Zzzz
    We won’t know for sure until the first two shows. No one could have guessed the new format for shows last year. But I doubt the variation goes away. Might not be on the level of past tours but I can’t see them playing the same set every night. 
    JMarksCLE said:
    You think the fellas are going to follow The Cure's lead and get rid of dynamic pricing, lower their ticket prices, and cancel tickets that show up on reseller sites....?

The cure really proved that at the end of the day, the artist has complete control. We’ll see. I lost a lot of respect for Bruce with the way he handled the tickets for this tour. 
    I agree. But usually we get at least some chatter from radio stations or venues about a big announcement coming up. So far, there's been nothing.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    mfc2006 said:
    Just hoping there's a show within just a few hours drive from KC. Otherwise, I'm out.
    Hey man, I'm in Springfield. St Paul, Milwaukee, Chicago, Noblesville, Dallas and Austin are all on my radar. No excuses. ;)
    On my radar? Sure. Harder to get away with a newborn, though. The closer, the better the odds for me!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    JMarksCLE said:

If anything The Cure followed PJs lead. I don't recall any other band using Fan 2 Fan face value before. They didn't have dynamic pricing though they did do the charity "platinum" seats. The tickets were all the same price anywhere in the building and all around $100ish.. the Cure tickets I have seen are double that for the closer half of the seats and the cheapest are still about $100ish. 

• SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    I agree. But usually we get at least some chatter from radio stations or venues about a big announcement coming up. So far, there's been nothing.
    Maybe nothing is happening today and we are all just hoping for something....
    Regardless, I'm still excited!
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    nicknyr15 said:
    JMarksCLE said:

The cure really proved that at the end of the day, the artist has complete control. We’ll see. I lost a lot of respect for Bruce with the way he handled the tickets for this tour. 
    A lot of people seemed to get pissed at Bruce this tour.  Guy tours for 40+ years keeping it reasonable and people turned on him quickly the first moment there was a price hike.  
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle Posts: 2,642
    nicknyr15 said:
    JMarksCLE said:

Amen on the Bruce thing... normally I would see multiple shows, have seen almost 100.. but now it's one in my hometown (San Diego) cause he hasn't been there with full band since 81.. but I'm not excited about it like PJ...pJ will not have static sets like Bruce... never
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Just hoping there's a show within just a few hours drive from KC. Otherwise, I'm out.
    Hey man, I'm in Springfield. St Paul, Milwaukee, Chicago, Noblesville, Dallas and Austin are all on my radar. No excuses. ;)
    On my radar? Sure. Harder to get away with a newborn, though. The closer, the better the odds for me!
    I get you. I was just giving you a hard time. Trust me, I'd much rather have some shows within 3hrs.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,680
    JMarksCLE said:

In a word, no.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    euchrid said:
    JMarksCLE said:

If anything The Cure followed PJs lead. I don't recall any other band using Fan 2 Fan face value before. They didn't have dynamic pricing though they did do the charity "platinum" seats. The tickets were all the same price anywhere in the building and all around $100ish.. the Cure tickets I have seen are double that for the closer half of the seats and the cheapest are still about $100ish. 

We muist have been looking at different PJ tours last year, cause I saw PJ Premium (which was platinum) and dynamic pricing.
    nicknyr15 said:
    JMarksCLE said:

A lot of people seemed to get pissed at Bruce this tour.  Guy tours for 40+ years keeping it reasonable and people turned on him quickly the first moment there was a price hike.  
    Not a big Bruce fan regardless but that RS interview made him sound like a dick about the prices. Just didn’t seem on brand. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JMarksCLE said:

Not a big Bruce fan regardless but that RS interview made him sound like a dick about the prices. Just didn’t seem on brand. 
    He certainly didn't do himself any favors in that interview. He'd have been better off saying nothing.
    Poncier said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    JMarksCLE said:

He certainly didn't do himself any favors in that interview. He'd have been better off saying nothing.
    Agreed. 
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,109
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    My dude...KC is 6 hours from Twin Cities!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • I’ll throw in my hopes for either a Nebraska, Iowa, or Kansas show as well
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,302
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Sarava said:
    Eh, maybe I'm recalling wrong - but it seems to me when they put out the warnings to re-up your membership, its at least several days, if not a week or two before an announcement comes.

Oh and.... Chicago shows please!
    Agreed, way too quick.  I'm thinking tour announcement Monday.  
    Shhh! This is crazy talk. 

You taking the wife to see a Notre Dame game before the Noblesville show,
    Whoa.   What an idea
    Not at home that weekend. Just looked.
    Check and see if they are offering the tour of the stadium that weekend.  On the way back from the Wrigley show  in 2013 we stopped overnight in South Bend and we were able to get tickets for the stadium tour.  We got to see the locker rooms, luxury boxes, all the behind the scenes areas and get out on the field. 
    Good thinking! The stadium tour is great and going down the tunnel to slap the "Play Like A Champion Today" sign is (nearly) akin to the ivy at Wrigley. Super inexpensive way to burn a good chunk of a day.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,428
    edited April 2023
    I think Wednesday is the day. WMMR in Philly has  “big” announcement Wednesday at 11:00 is the time I believe they said 

edit: ok misheard this. it's a 'contest' not concert so false alarm from me. sorry guys
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • I recall getting stuck at the UC in 09. The busses were all filled, couldn’t get a cab, and we missed the blue line. We decided to start walking back and shit got sketchy after a few blocks. we hooked up with another couple who were in the same situation.  Pretty sure a cab eventually picked us up and got us back to our hotel safely.  The cab driver told us, “you do not belong out here walking these streets” Good times. Lol
    Same thing happened to us in Rome. Can situation was NUTS. We started walking hoping we. Like find a cab outside the cab line. Ended up finding another couple that were at our hotel doing the same thing. Got sketchy but worth it for that concert
    Hahaha, Rome was nuts.  Wife, daughter and I ended up walking all the way back to the hotel that night.  Not ideal...but what a story.
    Such a great show though!!  Felt bad for the people that had cancellations prior to our show, but so glad EV got better.  It was a LONG walk
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
    pjhawks said:
    I think Wednesday is the day. WMMR in Philly has  “big” concert announcement Wednesday at 11:00 is the time I believe they said 
    I'm thinking you may be right
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    pjhawks said:
    I think Wednesday is the day. WMMR in Philly has  “big” concert announcement Wednesday at 11:00 is the time I believe they said 
    That would be 8am pacific time though. I am pretty sure most announcements have been 10am. 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Can't remember the last tour where we didn't know anything really before the announcement.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,826
    pjhawks said:
    Could be, but the threshold for what a lot of these radio stations consider “big” is incredibly low
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,477
    pjhawks said:
    Do they often have a radio announce a show before 10c tour email as I assume that would come at 1pm?