The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    Yeah I don’t think we need to rely on the radio stations to be the ones to break a Pearl Jam tour. Got to realize promoters pay the radio stations to promote those shows. Pearl Jam does not need that for a 12 (if that) city tour. 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Brisk. said:
    PJNB said:
    Brisk. said:
    Can't remember the last tour where we didn't know anything really before the announcement.
    Are we following the same thread?
    Normally we have like all 12 dates nailed down and pretty much the right dates lol.
    And these are usually confirmed in some form by the Greek.
    Kearnsy
  • SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346
    JimmyV said:
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday. 
    Well said!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    edited April 2023
    Brisk. said:
    PJNB said:
    Brisk. said:
    Can't remember the last tour where we didn't know anything really before the announcement.
    Normally we have like all 12 dates nailed down and pretty much the right dates lol.
    ^^^^^
    I think once the tour is announced we will understand why this one is a little different than others. They are hyping 5 or 6 cities in their vid. Maybe thats it...

And of course it seems like they are holding it very close now compared to before. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,909
    Wait for it…

radio silence 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077

The Greek getting out of the business of dropping hints is probably the biggest factor as to why we don't know as much as we would in years past. 
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830
    PJNB said:
    Brisk. said:
    PJNB said:
    Brisk. said:
    ^^^^^
    I think once the tour is announced we will understand why this one is a little different than others. They are hyping 5 or 6 cities in their vid. Maybe thats it...

And of course it seems like they are holding it very close now compared to before. 

Here's what I'm thinking.

They were supposed to tour in spring. That tour got axed in favor of studio time. (Did Mr. Novoselic say "tour" or did he say "plans?" It's been so long.)

The fall tour will be to wrap up Gigaton dates.

New album early next year.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 551
    CUBS IN TOWN for the day between ...YES!!! My 2 fave things...Cubbies and PJ

Any guesses for a first pitch and/or 7th inning stretch?
    Do cubs games normally sell out. I'd be happy just to be in the ball park.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    This notion that PJ is too big to need to promote their shows is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I think PJ is the greatest band on the planet. And I'll seek out and go to their shows no matter what. But I've also been to a few PJ shows where attendance wasn't great.
    Every band needs to promote their shows. And every band wants to sell as many tickets right out of the gate as possible.
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921

Not the last few years. Always easy to find tickets  
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,762
    This notion that PJ is too big to need to promote their shows is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I think PJ is the greatest band on the planet. And I'll seek out and go to their shows no matter what. But I've also been to a few PJ shows where attendance wasn't great.
    Every band needs to promote their shows. And every band wants to sell as many tickets right out of the gate as possible.
    In Chicago and Philly (among others) they wouldn't need to promote at all.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,830

Honestly, I have no clue...it may depend how they're playing. It's SF and Arizona around that time, so it's not like the tickets should be in super hot popularity if it was games against St. Louis and Milwaukee.

If you're happy just to be there, you should be ok...I'd think.

(Apparently Wrigley Field has a seat which has been deemed the absolute worst in MLB...the entire infield is blocked due to a post. Why this seat even exists is anyone's guess.)

If you're a sadist, maybe cheer for them to stink all season long.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,221
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Just hoping there's a show within just a few hours drive from KC. Otherwise, I'm out.
    Hey man, I'm in Springfield. St Paul, Milwaukee, Chicago, Noblesville, Dallas and Austin are all on my radar. No excuses. ;)
    On my radar? Sure. Harder to get away with a newborn, though. The closer, the better the odds for me!
    Whoa I didn’t get a chance to congratulate you & your wife on the newborn, so really congrats wish you guys the best life can bring you as a family and hope they do schedule a show near you 🤞
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    I recall getting stuck at the UC in 09. The busses were all filled, couldn’t get a cab, and we missed the blue line. We decided to start walking back and shit got sketchy after a few blocks. we hooked up with another couple who were in the same situation.  Pretty sure a cab eventually picked us up and got us back to our hotel safely.  The cab driver told us, “you do not belong out here walking these streets” Good times. Lol
    Same thing happened to us in Rome. Can situation was NUTS. We started walking hoping we. Like find a cab outside the cab line. Ended up finding another couple that were at our hotel doing the same thing. Got sketchy but worth it for that concert
    Hahaha, Rome was nuts.  Wife, daughter and I ended up walking all the way back to the hotel that night.  Not ideal...but what a story.
    Such a great show though!!  Felt bad for the people that had cancellations prior to our show, but so glad EV got better.  It was a LONG walk
    We just went back to the same nearby wine bar that we pregamed at and drank there until they closed, then cabbed it back to the hotel. 
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024

(Apparently Wrigley Field has a seat which has been deemed the absolute worst in MLB...the entire infield is blocked due to a post. Why this seat even exists is anyone's guess.)

I remember going to games at old Tiger Stadium, they had the "restricted view" seats as well!
    edited April 2023
    How are they doing anything differently now than before? 

Sure, in the past some dates would leak, but outside of that, this feels like their standard OP for some time. 

Drop the 10C membership hints, announce the dates, take a week & a half to figure out the fanclub tickets and then public onsale 2 Fridays after they announce the tour. 

Assuming that's how this plays out, I don't see how it will be different than pre-covid tour announcements. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    vant0037 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Just hoping there's a show within just a few hours drive from KC. Otherwise, I'm out.
    Hey man, I'm in Springfield. St Paul, Milwaukee, Chicago, Noblesville, Dallas and Austin are all on my radar. No excuses. ;)
    On my radar? Sure. Harder to get away with a newborn, though. The closer, the better the odds for me!
    My dude...KC is 6 hours from Twin Cities!
    Yup!!! Hoping that would be a weekend show!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJNB said:
    Brisk. said:
    PJNB said:
    Brisk. said:
    ^^^^^

Here's what I'm thinking.

They were supposed to tour in spring. That tour got axed in favor of studio time. (Did Mr. Novoselic say "tour" or did he say "plans?" It's been so long.)

The fall tour will be to wrap up Gigaton dates.

New album early next year.
    Plausible, but I dunno. My gut is that they knew they were going to record and if there ever had been plans for spring shows, that went by the wayside before the end of last year's tour. I was at the closing show at Denver, and it was an odd vibe with Ed saying some odd stuff. It felt like they knew some kind of transition was happening and it was definitively the "end" of something (maybe just Gigaton dates). 
    Yeah, Ed’s “last show for the foreseeable future” comment was odd, yes there were no more announced dates at that point but foreseeable is a weird way to describe that. 
    One hour to go... maybe...
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 451
    1 hour to go!
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Whoa I didn’t get a chance to congratulate you & your wife on the newborn, so really congrats wish you guys the best life can bring you as a family and hope they do schedule a show near you 🤞
    Thanks a lot, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • GibsonGibson Posts: 2,634
    Damn - congrats @mfc2006! Longtime fan, first time caller here. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2, Noblesville, Wrigley 1&2

• Salt_life23Salt_life23 Posts: 97
    edited April 2023
    Santos says today (yesterday) would be a good day to update memberships. When tours announced All ticket lotteries membership deadlines were the day previous (so yesterday April 3rd)

im feeling today ! LETS GOOO
  • setlist41setlist41 Posts: 451
    Santos says today (yesterday) would be a good day to update memberships. When tours announced All ticket lotteries membership deadlines were the day previous (so yesterday April 3rd)

I was feeling that too
    Gibson said:
    Damn - congrats @mfc2006! Longtime fan, first time caller here. 
    Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,748
    It is a Tuesday after all.
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 551

Honestly, I have no clue...it may depend how they're playing. It's SF and Arizona around that time, so it's not like the tickets should be in super hot popularity if it was games against St. Louis and Milwaukee.

If you're happy just to be there, you should be ok...I'd think.

If you're a sadist, maybe cheer for them to stink all season long.
    Thanks mate. Always wanted to go to a proper baseball game. Went to one in London but I can't imagine it's the same.

In addition to two separate emails from the 10c yesterday, one specifically stating the usual message about making sure your memberships are up to date. 

The expectation that today's the day didn't come from nowhere.