another ticketmaster bait & switch

Comments

• Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    JimmyV said:
    You are taking this better than I would. 
    No shit. I would be flipping out if this happened. Especially with those shitbags at TM telling me I'm out of luck.

What is the deal with "claiming" tix? I got MSG tix in the original 2020 lottery and check on them pretty regularly. I've never seen any claim buttons. Only that they are valid and still show up under my account. 
    Once you were provided with your seat locations, you should’ve received an email (or by just going into your TM app) that had a link to claim your tickets to add to your wallet. 
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    If you have emails of your ticket request, ticket confirmation and charges to the account with which they are associated, why would anyone need to "screen-shot their tickets".

The complaints around this all feel a little fishy.
    No one has an email with their 10c seat assignment. There are emails that you entered, emails that you won, and emails to claim your tickets. Nowhere in an email does it say what seats you won or where. 
    You are missing my point. If you have all the confirmations including CHARGES to your credit card or bank account, why would a screen shot matter?  To prove some elsuive claim that your seats got moved?  

All this chatter that tickets were pulled from accounts or moved seems highly suspect shortly after a lot of people realized that they did not actually enter the 10C drawing and only signed up for Verfified Fan presale.  

If this really was happening to people why waste a single second of time trying to adjudicate it on a fan forum?

Seems pretty alarming and highly dubious. 
    Hey Dude- hard not to take offense to your accusations of lying but whatever. Have a little faith in a fellow fan.
    not that I need to prove anything to you but I can assure you this is 100% fact I have all the documentation and have shared it with TM.  
    They do not care.
    I'm sharing my experience to try and help our community be aware of something that is happening to multiple fans.
    peace
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    edited April 2022
    I have documented all of my seat assignments with screenshots and regularly go in to ensure nothing has changed. Cannot believe that this is happening.
    I will be doing this today. I might add them to my Apple wallet too. They all have an option to do it. My shows aren't until September, but I haven't seen anything that says that there is a limit to how long they can be in the wallet. 
    I do think that I've read that someone added tix to their apple wallet, but the seats were changed and that was reflected in their wallet. 

I would also suggest saving any TM emails that have a receipt showing the seat assignments - this is obviously not possible for 10c tix, since we didn't get assignments until days/ weeks later, and had to click to claim and view seat assignments. But, it's a good idea to hold on to anything showing price paid, type of ticket etc.

How sad that we have to go to these extremes, and even worse, if TM changes our seats, it's doubtful that we really have any recourse.

All of my shows are in Sept as well.
    You can keep them in the wallet for as long as you want. But it is true that if the tickets change in your account, the change will show up in the wallet. When the Foo Fighters canceled, the tickets in my wallet immediately turned gray and said "cancelled" without my doing anything. So, I don't think simply putting it in the wallet will protect it from any unexpected changes to the tickets to the account. They will change in the wallet as well.

For the email I got for my Hamilton ticket bought through VF, it gives me the seat location on the confirmation email. I am saving that one for sure. The ones I got through the lottery don't have the seats, but it does have the order number, and the price paid - so those are saved as well. I can't believe we still have to stress AFTER we got our tickets.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    GlowGirl said:
    I have documented all of my seat assignments with screenshots and regularly go in to ensure nothing has changed. Cannot believe that this is happening.
    I will be doing this today. I might add them to my Apple wallet too. They all have an option to do it. My shows aren't until September, but I haven't seen anything that says that there is a limit to how long they can be in the wallet. 
    I do think that I've read that someone added tix to their apple wallet, but the seats were changed and that was reflected in their wallet. 

I would also suggest saving any TM emails that have a receipt showing the seat assignments - this is obviously not possible for 10c tix, since we didn't get assignments until days/ weeks later, and had to click to claim and view seat assignments. But, it's a good idea to hold on to anything showing price paid, type of ticket etc.

How sad that we have to go to these extremes, and even worse, if TM changes our seats, it's doubtful that we really have any recourse.

You can keep them in the wallet for as long as you want. But it is true that if the tickets change in your account, the change will show up in the wallet. When the Foo Fighters canceled the tickets in my wallet immediately turned gray and said "cancelled" without my doing anything. So, I don't think simply putting it in the wallet will protect it from any unexpected changes to the tickets to the account. They will change in the wallet as well.

Correct, the original bar code (or qc code) will be rendered dead.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    GlowGirl said:

You can keep them in the wallet for as long as you want. But it is true that if the tickets change in your account, the change will show up in the wallet. When the Foo Fighters canceled, the tickets in my wallet immediately turned gray and said "cancelled" without my doing anything. So, I don't think simply putting it in the wallet will protect it from any unexpected changes to the tickets to the account. They will change in the wallet as well.

For the email I got for my Hamilton ticket bought through VF, it gives me the seat location on the confirmation email. I am saving that one for sure. The ones I got through the lottery don't have the seats, but it does have the order number, and the price paid - so those are saved as well. I can't believe we still have to stress AFTER we got our tickets.

My Nashville tickets still have TBA for date in Wallet but show date in Ticketmaster APP.  App also has a link to view in Wallet and takes me to tickets in wallet with the TBA data still there.  And because of threads like this I check my app like every day now for my Camden and Nashville tickets
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    pjhawks said:
    GlowGirl said:

My Nashville tickets still have TBA for date in Wallet but show date in Ticketmaster APP.  App also has a link to view in Wallet and takes me to tickets in wallet with the TBA data still there.  And because of threads like this I check my app like every day now for my Camden and Nashville tickets

I put my Nashville, Toronto, and St Louis tickets in my wallet (Google Pay) right after the reschedule announcement. I went back and checked on them a bit after scoring Hamilton in the lottery, and my Nashville tickets didn't have barcodes or seat info. I went into the App and the tickets were fine. Re-saved them to my wallet and deleted the "inactive" ones, and they've been fine since.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,986
    Too confusing for me. F all this.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934
    Loujoe said:
    Just give me some old fashioned paper tickets and I’ll try not to set them on fire with the lighter test.  I’ll be good to go. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,787
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:
    This shit is completely out of control, way too many instances like this popping up
    It’ll never stop.  Reason 1 is the arbitration clause companies increasingly use. 

You can’t sue, you can’t create a class action.  Hence you literally have no recourse and they have no incentive to be responsible. The arbitration company is employed by TM so you won’t win that either as they have an incentive  to side with the people paying then

TM isn’t out of control. The use of arbitration is
    Arbitration doesn't excuse what TM is doing here. If they are really taking people's tickets away or shifting them around to lesser seats after a purchase, then they are absolutely out of control. 
    The point is they hide behind arbitration.  It protects them from being sued and being sued is literally the only thing that stops a company from doing shady things.  If it costs them money then they stop 

they are exploiting the rules to their advantage of an already rigged game.  Get rid of arbitration clauses and stuff sorts itself out really quick 

The arbitration clause is relatively new and at least one lawsuit has been filed.  You can almost always sue. This current pricing scheme is completely out of hand. 

I thought GA was all 10C.  Does this mean TM was also selling GA? 
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    on2legs said:
    Loujoe said:
    Just give me some old fashioned paper tickets and I’ll try not to set them on fire with the lighter test.  I’ll be good to go. 
    No kidding at least your ticket couldn’t be revoked if you had a physical one. These stories are next level BS by ticketmaster. And the fact that putting them in your wallet won’t save you at least is nuts 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    on2legs said:
    Loujoe said:
    I would love this.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    on2legs said:
    Loujoe said:
    Yep Reaction GIF by C H A R L  T T E
    www.cluthelee.com
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,880
    on2legs said:
    Loujoe said:
    Seriously. I want to go back to waiting in line at the venue or record shop.
    And I feel like taking a screenshot too, but yea you think Ticketmaster would honor that? haha
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

a5pj said:
    on2legs said:
    Loujoe said:
    And I feel like taking a screenshot too, but yea you think Ticketmaster would honor that? haha
    I don't think they would honor a screen shot. But at least if something happens where you can no longer access your tickets, you have a record of where your seats were supposed to be.

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    i miss money orders and post cards...
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Screenshots prove nothing, they're easily faked.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    i fucking hate that my stupid smart phone is now my concert ticket. fucking hate it
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,169
    nalyd61 said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    If you have emails of your ticket request, ticket confirmation and charges to the account with which they are associated, why would anyone need to "screen-shot their tickets".

No one has an email with their 10c seat assignment. There are emails that you entered, emails that you won, and emails to claim your tickets. Nowhere in an email does it say what seats you won or where. 
    You are missing my point. If you have all the confirmations including CHARGES to your credit card or bank account, why would a screen shot matter?  To prove some elsuive claim that your seats got moved?  

All this chatter that tickets were pulled from accounts or moved seems highly suspect shortly after a lot of people realized that they did not actually enter the 10C drawing and only signed up for Verfified Fan presale.  

If this really was happening to people why waste a single second of time trying to adjudicate it on a fan forum?

Hey Dude- hard not to take offense to your accusations of lying but whatever. Have a little faith in a fellow fan.
    not that I need to prove anything to you but I can assure you this is 100% fact I have all the documentation and have shared it with TM.  
    They do not care.
    I'm sharing my experience to try and help our community be aware of something that is happening to multiple fans.
    peace
    Did you email Ten Club yet?
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    edited April 2022
    nalyd61 said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

They do not care.
    peace
    Thanks for bringing light to this! I sincerely hope this gets resolved positively for you. 
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,364
    JBob87 said:
    This shit is completely out of control, way too many instances like this popping up
    It’ll never stop.  Reason 1 is the arbitration clause companies increasingly use. 

You can’t sue, you can’t create a class action.  Hence you literally have no recourse and they have no incentive to be responsible. The arbitration company is employed by TM so you won’t win that either as they have an incentive  to side with the people paying then

TM isn’t out of control. The use of arbitration is
    Russ Feingold was trying to change arbitration rules when he lost his senate bid.  There are some good reasons for arbitration, but it can be misused, and is quite a bit.  However, you don't need to file a class action in most cases.  That is usually good for the lawyers, not the actual consumers.  In most cases, individual litigation has a much better chance to get you a judgment and decent award. 
  • NEweatherNEweather Posts: 519
    on2legs said:
    Loujoe said:
            ^ ^ ^ yeah- i want the paper ticket too

• PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

I can't speak to what did or did not happen because it thankfully hasn't happened to me. But, to answer your questions, a screenshot is the only proof someone would have that their GA tickets suddenly became Reserved seating. And it sounds like people are adjudicating it here because TM was unhelpful and 10c has been silent. 
    which is why i find it highly dubious. I would be spending every non working moment I had getting a clear and consistent answer from TicketMaster and the Tenclub.  
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

nalyd61 said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

They do not care.
    peace
    I have been pointing this out in the myriad of threads here and elsewhere about this.  So if you take offense, okay, but it was never directed specifically at you.  

• Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,787
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

I can't speak to what did or did not happen because it thankfully hasn't happened to me. But, to answer your questions, a screenshot is the only proof someone would have that their GA tickets suddenly became Reserved seating. And it sounds like people are adjudicating it here because TM was unhelpful and 10c has been silent. 
    which is why i find it highly dubious. I would be spending every non working moment I had getting a clear and consistent answer from TicketMaster and the Tenclub.  

I tend to agree with you.  GA were 10C only no?
    Get_Right said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

I tend to agree with you.  GA were 10C only no?
    yes

PB11041 said:
    nalyd61 said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

They do not care.
    peace
    I have been pointing this out in the myriad of threads here and elsewhere about this.  So if you take offense, okay, but it was never directed specifically at you. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I mean, you can reach out and call/email TM and 10C to let them know what's going on and be trying to figure it out. Just because they are posting what happened in here doesn't mean they aren't working on it. 
    PB11041 said:
    nalyd61 said:
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

They do not care.
    peace

Again- what I'm saying is fact.  And I do have a clear answer from TM.  They are unwilling to fix the problem and have admitted it was an error on their part. I guess I'm just ok with the seat change.  After 100's of PJ shows, I'm not so hung up on where I sit. (not bragging just a fact) 10 years ago I would of spent every hour arguing and pursuing TM.  I was sharing the story so others could be aware.  
    My good friend has had her Nashville tickets completely voided. As far as I can tell she did everything right and they were voided.  She has reached out to 10C and has not had a response since last Saturday.  Ticketmaster is saying the tickets were voided and they do not why.  And will not fix the error,  just a refund. So draw your own conclusions as to why and what you think someone in this situation should do.  If I had no tickets, yes I would be spending more time figuring out what happened. Perhaps in other cases, it's a user error but not in my case.  
    peace

• CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    GlowGirl said:
    a5pj said:
    on2legs said:
    Loujoe said:
    I don't think they would honor a screen shot. But at least if something happens where you can no longer access your tickets, you have a record of where your seats were supposed to be.

I went online at TM and saved the detail of my purchase in a PDF.  It's an invoice and they have to honor it - IMHO.
  • drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    nalyd61 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Have you emailed Ten Club?
    not yet.  I just noticed this morning.  My friend who lost her Nashville pits all together has emailed 10c.  no response since Saturday and ticketmaster told her she is out of luck.
    What happened with your friends NA tickets, please? I’m having trouble finding my NA pit tickets that I bought in 2020. Looking for some clues. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11