another ticketmaster bait & switch

13»

Comments

• drummer1drummer1 Posts: 314
    JimmyV said:
    You are taking this better than I would. 
    No shit. I would be flipping out if this happened. Especially with those shitbags at TM telling me I'm out of luck.

What is the deal with "claiming" tix? I got MSG tix in the original 2020 lottery and check on them pretty regularly. I've never seen any claim buttons. Only that they are valid and still show up under my account. 
    Okay. Sorry. I feel like a broken record on forum lately but where are my tickets?! I won my tickets in 2020, checked on them regularly too and until recently they were there. Maybe a month/two months ago they disappeared. I’ve reached out a few times with no response. I guess I’m just commenting here to say I’m a little relieved that you are seeing your original purchase tickets. It’s giving me some hope through the confusion. 
    COLUMBUS, OH 5.6.10
    CLEVELAND, OH 5.9.10
    E.V. DETROIT, MI 6.26.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.3.11
    PJ20 ALPINE VALLEY, WI 9.4.11
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    I would hope it's just a glitch and your tickets are safe and sound. But it's happened to at least 2-3 other people here. Not sure if it was the original 2020 tickets or the newer lottery, but it's happening. 
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    For San Diego I bought a pair on a lower aisle, and a single on the aisle in the next section.  Now that I look at my seat assignments I see the single is behind the stage?  I swear I was in Section S and now I'm in Section L; row/seat didn't change
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    My friends tickets are gone. Ticketmaster has told her they are gone and refunded her Money. The shocking part is 10C told her to try her luck with F2F. But they can not help her with the lost tickets. 
    drummer1 said:
    nalyd61 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Have you emailed Ten Club?
    not yet.  I just noticed this morning.  My friend who lost her Nashville pits all together has emailed 10c.  no response since Saturday and ticketmaster told her she is out of luck.
    What happened with your friends NA tickets, please? I’m having trouble finding my NA pit tickets that I bought in 2020. Looking for some clues. 

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    TM site also says screen shots won't work, and you have to add tickets to your phone via Google Pay or whatever you use.  Bring back the paper tickets, this is ridiculous; just took me 5 minutes to find my tickets on my phone again.  And it forced me to add a security passcode.  What happens if your phone dies, like literally dies for good . . . done.  All the anxiety for concert tickets is just ridiculous.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    TM site also says screen shots won't work, and you have to add tickets to your phone via Google Pay or whatever you use.  Bring back the paper tickets, this is ridiculous; just took me 5 minutes to find my tickets on my phone again.  And it forced me to add a security passcode.  What happens if your phone dies, like literally dies for good . . . done.  All the anxiety for concert tickets is just ridiculous.
    A) You don't have to save them to your phone, it's merely recommended, so that you don't have to log in to TM the night of the show.
    B) The only issue would be if your phone goes kaput right before the show and if you're going solo. Otherwise, log in to TM on your new phone and save them to your wallet. If something happens the night of the show, go to the box office with ID. They should take care of you.
    C) Honestly, paper tickets, while having the benefit of something solid in your hand, also have their downsides, as you still have to remember them, not lose them, not let them get damaged (especially if there's a barcode).
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mpedone said:
    A) You don't have to save them to your phone, it's merely recommended, so that you don't have to log in to TM the night of the show.
    B) The only issue would be if your phone goes kaput right before the show and if you're going solo. Otherwise, log in to TM on your new phone and save them to your wallet. If something happens the night of the show, go to the box office with ID. They should take care of you.
    C) Honestly, paper tickets, while having the benefit of something solid in your hand, also have their downsides, as you still have to remember them, not lose them, not let them get damaged (especially if there's a barcode).
    Yeah, even if you save them to your wallet now (and I never do that until I'm headed to the venue), they are still on the Ticketmaster platform, so you can still get them from whatever. They are good until they have actually been scanned at the show. You don't even have to save them to your wallet at all. They will work off the TM app. The main reason, I believe, they suggest it is in case there is no service at the venue so you can get to them still.

I always loved hard tickets as a souvenir, but as someone who goes to a lot of events, digital tickets are fantastic. Never have to worry about losing them, never have to worry about forgetting them, you have them instantly, can transfer them on the spot with little effort if you need to. So many more benefits to having them. I can't honestly imagine going back to paper tickets, even though I miss the souvenir element.