another ticketmaster bait & switch

nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
won GA for LA1. (new lotto)  claimed the tickets and added to my account.  went back in today and they are now lower bowl back corner.  not the end of the word but I would keep an eye on your tickets.

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,124
    You are taking this better than I would. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,169
    Have you emailed Ten Club?
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    pjl44 said:
    Have you emailed Ten Club?
    not yet.  I just noticed this morning.  My friend who lost her Nashville pits all together has emailed 10c.  no response since Saturday and ticketmaster told her she is out of luck.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    Wouldn't surprise me. This is out of control. 
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    JimmyV said:
    No shit. I would be flipping out if this happened. Especially with those shitbags at TM telling me I'm out of luck.

What is the deal with "claiming" tix? I got MSG tix in the original 2020 lottery and check on them pretty regularly. I've never seen any claim buttons. Only that they are valid and still show up under my account. 
  • JP218404JP218404 Posts: 1,402
    JimmyV said:
    No shit. I would be flipping out if this happened. Especially with those shitbags at TM telling me I'm out of luck.

What is the deal with "claiming" tix? I got MSG tix in the original 2020 lottery and check on them pretty regularly. I've never seen any claim buttons. Only that they are valid and still show up under my account. 
    Claim usually shows up in a transfer not a purchase 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
    JP218404 said:
    JimmyV said:

Claim usually shows up in a transfer not a purchase 
    Ahh, gotcha. Thanks!
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    JimmyV said:

10C tickets from 2022 had to be claimed.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

10C tickets from 2022 had to be claimed.

In 2020, we got a 2nd email after the lottery confirmation with a link to view the tickets. It wasn't called "claiming", but the same process. I'm sure there's some legalese reason for using the term "claiming" which allows TM to argue that the tickets aren't yours until you do so, while the language of the 2020 email ("Claim your tickets") indicates that they are yours already.

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    This shit is completely out of control, way too many instances like this popping up
  • I have documented all of my seat assignments with screenshots and regularly go in to ensure nothing has changed. Cannot believe that this is happening.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Shitty. Sorry to hear. Hopefully the reason nobody is hearing back, is because 10c is trying to figure this out 
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,634
    Shitty. Sorry to hear. Hopefully the reason nobody is hearing back, is because 10c is trying to figure this out 
    "Counts his money every morning...the only thing that keeps him horny" 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,688
    I have documented all of my seat assignments with screenshots and regularly go in to ensure nothing has changed. Cannot believe that this is happening.
    Good idea on the screenshots. I just did that. I have also been checking my tickets in my TM account at least twice a day. 
  • Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    JBob87 said:
    This shit is completely out of control, way too many instances like this popping up
    It’ll never stop.  Reason 1 is the arbitration clause companies increasingly use. 

You can’t sue, you can’t create a class action.  Hence you literally have no recourse and they have no incentive to be responsible. The arbitration company is employed by TM so you won’t win that either as they have an incentive  to side with the people paying then

TM isn’t out of control. The use of arbitration is
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,934
    I have documented all of my seat assignments with screenshots and regularly go in to ensure nothing has changed. Cannot believe that this is happening.
    Screenshots are a good idea. Just did it… thanks for the idea. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

JBob87 said:
    It’ll never stop.  Reason 1 is the arbitration clause companies increasingly use. 

You can’t sue, you can’t create a class action.  Hence you literally have no recourse and they have no incentive to be responsible. The arbitration company is employed by TM so you won’t win that either as they have an incentive  to side with the people paying then

Arbitration doesn't excuse what TM is doing here. If they are really taking people's tickets away or shifting them around to lesser seats after a purchase, then they are absolutely out of control. 

• Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited April 2022
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:

Arbitration doesn't excuse what TM is doing here. If they are really taking people's tickets away or shifting them around to lesser seats after a purchase, then they are absolutely out of control. 
    The point is they hide behind arbitration.  It protects them from being sued and being sued is literally the only thing that stops a company from doing shady things.  If it costs them money then they stop 

they are exploiting the rules to their advantage of an already rigged game.  Get rid of arbitration clauses and stuff sorts itself out really quick 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
    JimmyV said:
    JBob87 said:

The point is they hide behind arbitration.  It protects them from being sued and being sued is literally the only thing that stops a company from doing shady things.  If it costs them money then they stop 
    Sure, but there are plenty of companies out there not stealing back products they already sold to you so that they can resell them at a higher price. 

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,702
    I will be doing this today. I might add them to my Apple wallet too. They all have an option to do it. My shows aren't until September, but I haven't seen anything that says that there is a limit to how long they can be in the wallet. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    Thanks for the tips all, I've taken screen shots of my tickets too. 
    www.cluthelee.com
    I screen shotted mine as well a week or so ago when these issues started popping up.  

TM would probably just say it's a fake picture and do what they want anyways. 
  • I have documented all of my seat assignments with screenshots and regularly go in to ensure nothing has changed. Cannot believe that this is happening.
    I will be doing this today. I might add them to my Apple wallet too. They all have an option to do it. My shows aren't until September, but I haven't seen anything that says that there is a limit to how long they can be in the wallet. 
    I do think that I've read that someone added tix to their apple wallet, but the seats were changed and that was reflected in their wallet. 

I would also suggest saving any TM emails that have a receipt showing the seat assignments - this is obviously not possible for 10c tix, since we didn't get assignments until days/ weeks later, and had to click to claim and view seat assignments. But, it's a good idea to hold on to anything showing price paid, type of ticket etc.

How sad that we have to go to these extremes, and even worse, if TM changes our seats, it's doubtful that we really have any recourse.

All of my shows are in Sept as well.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    God, I hate ticketmaster. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    If you have emails of your ticket request, ticket confirmation and charges to the account with which they are associated, why would anyone need to "screen-shot their tickets".

The complaints around this all feel a little fishy.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

PB11041 said:
    If you have emails of your ticket request, ticket confirmation and charges to the account with which they are associated, why would anyone need to "screen-shot their tickets".

No one has an email with their 10c seat assignment. There are emails that you entered, emails that you won, and emails to claim your tickets. Nowhere in an email does it say what seats you won or where. 

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,237
    WTF is going on here people? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

No one has an email with their 10c seat assignment. There are emails that you entered, emails that you won, and emails to claim your tickets. Nowhere in an email does it say what seats you won or where. 
    You are missing my point. If you have all the confirmations including CHARGES to your credit card or bank account, why would a screen shot matter?  To prove some elsuive claim that your seats got moved?  

All this chatter that tickets were pulled from accounts or moved seems highly suspect shortly after a lot of people realized that they did not actually enter the 10C drawing and only signed up for Verfified Fan presale.  

If this really was happening to people why waste a single second of time trying to adjudicate it on a fan forum?

Seems pretty alarming and highly dubious. 
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

I do think that I've read that someone added tix to their apple wallet, but the seats were changed and that was reflected in their wallet. 
    Yes, I don't have this experience with PJ tix, but I have had tix in my Apple Wallet for shows that were rescheduled and the tix in my wallet were updated with the new dates. They can still manipulate tix that are in your Apple wallet
    PB11041 said:
    JimmyV said:
    PB11041 said:

You are missing my point. If you have all the confirmations including CHARGES to your credit card or bank account, why would a screen shot matter?  To prove some elsuive claim that your seats got moved?  

All this chatter that tickets were pulled from accounts or moved seems highly suspect shortly after a lot of people realized that they did not actually enter the 10C drawing and only signed up for Verfified Fan presale.  

If this really was happening to people why waste a single second of time trying to adjudicate it on a fan forum?

Seems pretty alarming and highly dubious. 
    I can't speak to what did or did not happen because it thankfully hasn't happened to me. But, to answer your questions, a screenshot is the only proof someone would have that their GA tickets suddenly became Reserved seating. And it sounds like people are adjudicating it here because TM was unhelpful and 10c has been silent.