** Oakland Night 2 Roll Call ***

Comments

• lexicondevillexicondevil Posts: 2,003
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    we booked a room at the Oakland Marriott City Center....not sure if that is a bad area or not. 
    I've stayed there a few times, it's nice and there is a BART entrance literally right outside the front door. I used to live in Oakland too so if anyone needs advice I can help. 
    Thanks! 

What's a good BART trip to make for sightseeing during the day? Alcatraz? 
    Haight-Ashbury is cool to check out.  Fisherman's Wharf is the quintessential tourist spot in SF and is a nice place to have a stroll.

If you like hiking, check out Muir Woods.......not sure if BART can get you there.
    The Haight can be interesting. Not a fan of the Wharf at all. A bunch of other tourists and generally overpriced seafood. The only thing I really like near the Wharf is going to the Buena Vista for an Irish coffee. That should be a priority. Classic SF. Maybe take a cable car there and sing the Rice-A Roni song. :D
    BART doesn't go directly there, but you may want to explore Golden Gate Park and also checkout the DeYoung Museum and the Japanese Tea Garden in the park.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    2024 Sacramento, CA
  • MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    I have tickets for both Oakland and the Sacramento show. Thinking of skipping night 1 in Oakland though. Not sure I need 3 PJ shows in a week. How different do you think the 2 Oakland shows will be? I got GA for Sacramento, so definitely want to hit that.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    we booked a room at the Oakland Marriott City Center....not sure if that is a bad area or not. 
    I've stayed there a few times, it's nice and there is a BART entrance literally right outside the front door. I used to live in Oakland too so if anyone needs advice I can help. 
    I'm staying there too.

NO clue how to BART. Anyone willing to help a NON City-Slicker out?
    My recommendation would be to take an Uber and avoid BART, well at least on Friday when the Angels are in town. Of course with the little attendance the A's have been managing, maybe BART won't be as crammed as it normally is on a home game night. 
    Thanks, but I don't know Uber either. 

Yeah, I saw the A's are playing the Angels on Friday.  Lets HOPE that game is over by 10:00 and MOST of that crowd, or the little crowd, that's there is gone.
    The A's "crowd" will be long gone by the time the concert is over. Concert will also start about an hour after the game. I'm not planning on getting the show Friday until around 8pm anyway. Figure PJ won't start until 9, but I'll keep an eye on the start times next week.
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,551
    edited April 2022
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    I'm staying there too.

Just go down the stairs and buy a ticket at the kiosks on the wall. put enough money in for a round trip to the coliseum and back. then swipe the ticket at the turnstile and go in. Pay attention to make sure you're waiting on the right platform, ask someone if you're not sure. The front desk at the hotel may even sell BART tickets. at any rate they're good for asking for advice as well. I don't know what the situation is going to be like trying to get an uber after the show, I imagine it'll be swarmed with folks trying to do the same thing. the BART would be the best option I think. 

BART has eliminated paper ticket sales as of December 2020. You will need to get a Clipper Card or get the Clipper Card app on your phone.

https://www.clippercard.com
    Thanks for the Info Jammergirl.

Where do you get the Clippercard?

There is a map listing locations on the Clipper Card website. It appears you can buy one at a self-serve kiosk near the 12th Street BART station. There is also a Walgreens nearby that sells them.

Post edited by darthvedder on
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,762
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    I'm staying there too.

Just go down the stairs and buy a ticket at the kiosks on the wall. put enough money in for a round trip to the coliseum and back. then swipe the ticket at the turnstile and go in. Pay attention to make sure you're waiting on the right platform, ask someone if you're not sure. The front desk at the hotel may even sell BART tickets. at any rate they're good for asking for advice as well. I don't know what the situation is going to be like trying to get an uber after the show, I imagine it'll be swarmed with folks trying to do the same thing. the BART would be the best option I think. 

BART has eliminated paper ticket sales as of December 2020. You will need to get a Clipper Card or get the Clipper Card app on your phone.

There is a map listing locations on the Clipper Card website. It appears you can buy one at a self-serve kiosk near the 12th Street BART station. There is also a Walgreens nearby that sells them.

Thank You

As of right now it's confusing for me and I just may drive to the Venue.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    MD190661 said:
    I have tickets for both Oakland and the Sacramento show. Thinking of skipping night 1 in Oakland though. Not sure I need 3 PJ shows in a week. How different do you think the 2 Oakland shows will be? I got GA for Sacramento, so definitely want to hit that.
    Tough to say how much variation there will be as they are going to insist on playing a lot of Gigaton.  As a data point, Fenway 1 and Fenway 2, 2018, has 30 songs per night with only 6 repeats.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,364
    Gern Blansten said:
    Thanks! 

What's a good BART trip to make for sightseeing during the day? Alcatraz? 
    If you are doing Alcatraz, you should hunk about booking now.  My experience is those tours sell out.  But its well worth it, specially the night tour if you have a free evening.  

edited April 2022
    MD190661 said:
    Tough to say how much variation there will be as they are going to insist on playing a lot of Gigaton.  As a data point, Fenway 1 and Fenway 2, 2018, has 30 songs per night with only 6 repeats.  
    I know the poster has GA for Sacramento, but as a rule I would always do a back to back in the same city vs two shows in two cities.  Always better variety that way.  

For Oakland locals, I’m staying in San Leandro, about a 10 min walk from the BART.  Is that generally a  safe area to walk at night?
  • jammergirljammergirl Posts: 599
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    I'm staying there too.

You may also be able to purchase a Clipper card at the hotel! Be sure and ask the front desk. Clipper will work on any mode of transportation you take. Bus, BART, even the ferries! 
    edited April 2022
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    I'm staying there too.

Thank You

As of right now it's confusing for me and I just may drive to the Venue.

I can understand that. It's absolutely stupid to me that they don't sell Clipper Cards in most BART stations. And it's silly to me to have people who are just visiting the area to buy a Clipper Card that you might not use ever again. I suppose that's why they have the Clipper phone app, which allows you to pay for transportation without having a physical card.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,456
    I downloaded the app and loaded up a credit card....pretty easy
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,890
    Question for anyone familiar:  can you leave your car at Coliseum BART parking lot in the morning, BART into San Fran for the afternoon, BART back for the evening show at the arena and then grab your car at the end? If you are allowed to, is it a safe place to leave a car? Thanks 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    edited April 2022
    Question for anyone familiar:  can you leave your car at Coliseum BART parking lot in the morning, BART into San Fran for the afternoon, BART back for the evening show at the arena and then grab your car at the end? If you are allowed to, is it a safe place to leave a car? Thanks 
    Just as long as you pay for the parking (they actively patrol & ticket violators), you’ll be good to go. 

I wouldn’t say it’s the best area, but I used to commute into the city daily and would leave me car parked at that station and never had any problems. 
    Post edited by Red Mosqito on
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 942
    Any progress on location for Wishlist Fundraiser/Pre-Party? Looking for some locals to take the lead and pick great location close to the arena if possible. 
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 942
    Looks like tix are starting to move. Won’t be sold out, but will be pretty full. Friday night, night 2.  Can’t wait. 
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    If anyone is staying at the Best Western Plus, they don't have an airport shuttle, however, they do offer-a hotel-paid Uber service.  
  • Spoonman110Spoonman110 Posts: 348
    I'll be at both nights and staying at the Best Western Bayside. I'm in Section D for N1, GA for N2. I would still love to swap my N1 tickets for GA...

Fargo, ND 6/15/03 Winnipeg, MB 9/8/05 St Paul, MN 6/27/06 Chicago, IL 8/5/07 East Troy, WI 9/3/11, 9/4/11 Winnipeg, MB 9/17/11 Chicago, IL 7/19/13 St Paul, MN 10/19/14 Miami, FL 04/09/16 Tampa, FL 04/11/16 Fenway 1 & 2 08/05/16, 08/07/16Wrigley 1 & 2 08/18/18, 08/20/18Oakland 1 & 2 05/12/22, 05/13/22

• jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
    I’ll be there! Pumped! First PJ show in over a decade.

Made a post with my question earlier today, but may make more sense as a comment in here:
    ” I’ve only ever been to ball games at the Coliseum area, which generally end earlier than concerts. 

Looking at the BART schedule there’s limited times departing the Coliseum station (1130,12,1230 being the last)

Anyone have any experience leaving a show and if there’s any issues snagging a train?”

Reading through this thread, looks like I’ll need to figure out this clipper app deal.
  • we booked a room at the Oakland Marriott City Center....not sure if that is a bad area or not. 
    Downtown Oakland is hit or miss. Lots to do between 12th street and the water (Jack London Square) in terms of food. Lake Merritt is close by if you just want to chill. Some fun record stores as well. Super close to BART.
    Live & Loud: A list of every concert I've been to.
    Vintage Four Wheels: If you like vintage cars.

2022: Oakland 1, Oakland 2 • 2018: Seattle 1 • 2014: Mountain View (BSB) • 2013: Philadelphia 1, Philadelphia 2, Oakland • 2011: Oakland 1 (EV), Oakland 2 (EV) • 2009: San Francisco (Outside Lands) • 2008: Berkeley (EV) • 2006: San Francisco 1, San Francisco 2 Mountain View (BSB) •  2000: Mountain View • 1999: Mountain View (BSB) • 1992: Stanhope (Lollapalooza)
  • Going both nights. Behind the stage for N1 and GA PIt for N2. I live in Berkeley so I'm stoked that the shows are in the east bay. Happy to help with tips for the out of towners. Thinking of heading to the venue around 1pm on Thursday to grab merch, bring it home then head back closer to doors. Looking forward to rocking out, it's been since N1 Home Shows for me...

2022: Oakland 1, Oakland 2 • 2018: Seattle 1 • 2014: Mountain View (BSB) • 2013: Philadelphia 1, Philadelphia 2, Oakland • 2011: Oakland 1 (EV), Oakland 2 (EV) • 2009: San Francisco (Outside Lands) • 2008: Berkeley (EV) • 2006: San Francisco 1, San Francisco 2 Mountain View (BSB) •  2000: Mountain View • 1999: Mountain View (BSB) • 1992: Stanhope (Lollapalooza)
  • MD190661 said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    Gern Blansten said:
    I'm staying there too.

My recommendation would be to take an Uber and avoid BART, well at least on Friday when the Angels are in town. Of course with the little attendance the A's have been managing, maybe BART won't be as crammed as it normally is on a home game night. 
    Thanks, but I don't know Uber either. 

Yeah, I saw the A's are playing the Angels on Friday.  Lets HOPE that game is over by 10:00 and MOST of that crowd, or the little crowd, that's there is gone.
    The A's "crowd" will be long gone by the time the concert is over. Concert will also start about an hour after the game. I'm not planning on getting the show Friday until around 8pm anyway. Figure PJ won't start until 9, but I'll keep an eye on the start times next week.
    I don't think we need to worry about the 'rush' or 'traffic' after the A's game, they are pulling 2000 people max at their games lately.

• I'll be there.  A's fan from wi.  2 pj shows and 4 A's games.  greatest long weekend ever!
  • NYCslackerNYCslacker Posts: 54
    edited May 2022
    Driving in to Oakland for both shows. Is pre-paid parking necessary? Any chance that the arena lots gets filled up? Not sure if we'll be able to get there before 730-8PM. Thank you! 
  • I’ll be there man…still working on GA tickets if anyone gets the good word. 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
    edited May 2022

I don't think we need to worry about the 'rush' or 'traffic' after the A's game, they are pulling 2000 people max at their games lately.
    The Ohtani Effect combined with it being AAPI night with a hat giveaway might bump that number up to 3000. ;-)

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,986
    In GA for both Oakland shows to finish out our California road trip. Driving our truck camper down from Montana and starting in San Diego, can't wait! 

Now, to find a safe spot to camp for two nights in Oakland...any locals have some beta? 

Nice plan!

We are staying near the airport.  I could always tell the front desk that its my camper out there in the parking lot.

Go Grizz!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82

The Ohtani Effect combined with it being AAPI night with a hat giveaway might bump that number up to 3000. ;-)

And unless it goes many extra innings, the game should be done well before the show ends.

and it’s looking like the shows have ended a little after 11 each night, so the 1130, 12, and 1230 last train times should be safe (unless we get lucky/unlucky and they play a surprise 3 encore set) 
  • BobertBobert Posts: 15
    I'm attending both Oakland shows. Haven't seen them since the awesome/epic show in Oakland in 2013. Should be fun! Come on 37-song set (though I'd have to scurry out early to catch BART like last time).
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,456
    Bobert said:
    I'm attending both Oakland shows. Haven't seen them since the awesome/epic show in Oakland in 2013. Should be fun! Come on 37-song set (though I'd have to scurry out early to catch BART like last time).
    we tend to leave a song early to beat the crowd...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Bobert said:
    we tend to leave a song early to beat the crowd...
    You going to be there Gern?  If so, love to catch a beer there.  We've interacted quite a bit over the years on the AMT